Spoke with KOIN News 6 and they said that Kyron's Body Has Not Been Found

What the heck is going on?

I too have a sick feeling.

Attention animefemme

It's OK. Calm down. Please email me at tgrif@xmission.com ASAP OK?

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...man-investigation/WPjHVDbfQkulpM6um9gubQ.cspx

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Internet may have made communication and access to information easier (at least more convenient), but www could stand for the Wild Wild West instead of World Wide Web when it comes to verification of rumors.

A sad case in point is a torrent of “news” swirling around the Kyron Horman investigation.

Multiple postings on multiple web sites claim multiple outcomes—some have various people arrested, others have various results to the search for the missing 2nd grader—all of which the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office have denounced

“The social networking sites with Twitter and Facebook, someone posts something and it gets out there,” said Mary Lindstrom with Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. “There is a rumor out there that Kyron’s been found and someone’s been arrested. No, that has not happened. It’s not true.”

This my friends is why we don't post rumors!

ETA: Just have to wait for confirmation because the 'scoop" just isn't worth it.

IF/when an arrest is made, does anyone know if it will be Multnomah County Sheriff Dept or the Portland Police or someone else who has jurisdiction? I have been searching the MCS arrest report website this afternoon but haven't found any record of anyone whose names we know about yet being in custody. I could have been searching the wrong agency though...

Someone arrested by the Portland Police or the Multnomah County Sheriff would go to the county booking facility in downtown Portland.

ETA: It could take hours for a mugshot to show up online after an arrest.

The Sheriff's Office wouldn't have any reason to deny an arrest ... correct ? So I believe this is just a rumor that got out of control.

IMO

IT'S not true guys.
Why would they post it . Unpost it? Post again not true "per the Sheriff" and post it again tonight.

IT'S not true guys.
Why would they post it . Unpost it? Post again not true "per the Sheriff" and post it again tonight.

Maybe someone is not in custody yet and they dont want to have them flee or something of that nature

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...man-investigation/WPjHVDbfQkulpM6um9gubQ.cspx

PORTLAND, Ore. – The Internet may have made communication and access to information easier (at least more convenient), but www could stand for the Wild Wild West instead of World Wide Web when it comes to verification of rumors.

A sad case in point is a torrent of “news” swirling around the Kyron Horman investigation.

Multiple postings on multiple web sites claim multiple outcomes—some have various people arrested, others have various results to the search for the missing 2nd grader—all of which the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office have denounced

“The social networking sites with Twitter and Facebook, someone posts something and it gets out there
,” said Mary Lindstrom with Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. “There is a rumor out there that Kyron’s been found and someone’s been arrested. No, that has not happened. It’s not true.”

At least now I can show my DD why I refuse to let her be on either of these sites. She doesn't believe that these sites cause more problems than they are worth.

So, the news sites were snowed by rumor?

That does seem very strange huh, I can see if it was posted on a blog or something..But for it to be posted on a new site, and others are hearing the same thing...Almost seems this news station wanted to be the first to report it, but jumped the gun before figuring out all details. If this news station was this quick to post a facebook or twitter rumor, then they may be looking at a lawsuit :eek:

Purely conjecture: Perhaps SM is sitting under the bright light right now answering questions and they don't want her or anyone around her to know that his body had been found.

They (LE) wouldn't allow the release a false story like that to guage someone's reaction would they?

I actually thought the same thing! However, I don't think so.

I haven't posted on this case although I don't know why since I check in at least every other minute to see if our baby has been found. Alive, hopefully.

The other day I thought how indignant Kyron would probably be at being called a "baby" and had to giggle. God bless our little guy. If this is him I truly hope they get whoever did this.

I know I'm not part of the group, but I would like to wait here for news if that's OK.

Kelly

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aaarqueiro
Back