Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have more questions about this case than I can even garner up at the moment.. been checking it out in the past few days... I think there is more than meets the eyes here..

Is anyone here on this thread locally working this case?? SCREAMING TES name.. why haven't then been called? All those woods, lakes and ponds.. Would LE cooperate??

Seems RR father and SB are closer in age.. Anyone know if they are friends being they live in same town.. I am familiar with area..

Remember JW works for Scott and Beth. It would explain why she was at the office.

HMM.. I am DYING to know your theory.. Something about your posts makes me think we are on the same track aka theory..

There's a post on the FB page to the effect that Beth, JW, RR and another unidentified man were together at the Frosty Mug on the Friday night before she disappeared, and that the waitress is familiar with RR. As of two days ago, no one from LE had interviewed that waitress, and it would seem to me to be very basic that they do so. Not only could the waitress give a description of the second man, but she could no doubt identify other people, regulars perhaps, who were there at the time to see if they saw or heard anything that could turn out to be helpful.

Papabear, I am picking up what your laying down..

Do you have any idea of an independent(s) working this case on the ground? I would be happy to assist if needed.

Is there any possibility of "drug dealing" or "running" - not saying BB in in particular but even within the company she was keeping.. something about the area has me feeling out a "meth" drug running connection.. PURE speculation . and some knowledge of the area..

Effingham, IL is generally known as a drug "hub" as the two major highways connect, large truck stop, est 14,000 est a day go through this area...also known for heavy prostitution..

Sadly - ANYTHING in this area is possible due to the heavy traffic and possible scenarios to meet foul play.

TY for posting the information that newbies can't PM until a number of posts lol
I was feeling rather 'challenged' as I had tried to figure out how to PM you Cubby when I first came on this site :) to ask you a question ( have since figured out the answer to)
I don't feel so 'challenged' now

Just curious..

Found BB husband owning or once owning a title company in McHenry.. PLM -- seems this company is under criminal investigation or was.. seems like a larger scale place with smaller handles.. However, curious if anyone has any other insight.. always looking for motives..

I live outside Effingham. Last week I put up some poster of Beth in Flora IL.
And my daughter works in Effingham and she also drop posters off at the truck stops.
I also posted about her on my facebook page.

Like NCS said lot truck stops in Effingham.... but the area is still low crime area.

Also if she did get on Amtrak most likey the train would had stop in Effingham.

I am so ashame to say that I had not been following Beth's case has I should...being close to the area she was last seen.

I will go back and read the threads and also send a flyer to Effingham Daily news.

TY for posting the information that newbies can't PM until a number of posts lol
I was feeling rather 'challenged' as I had tried to figure out how to PM you Cubby when I first came on this site :) to ask you a question ( have since figured out the answer to)

You, or any new member can always email me at cubby@websleuths.com until you have full membership priviledges. I should add that to my signature.

hth

LOL

well now :waitasec:

you better get posting Paschein ;)

absolutely LOVE you're handle!

I would like to hear LE say they have actually phone records confirming a phone call between BB and SB on Sunday. Even then it could be suspect as anyone could make a call from her cell..

Seems a little broad to me.. My Dh travels up from S. Illinois all the time and I always know at what time he is leaving. Would like more details about this "call" ..

I always play devils advocate..

Remember JW works for Scott and Beth. It would explain why she was at the office.

Something else just crossed my mind. If there's any truth to the rumors that JW is an addict, and is she also works for SB, wouldn't he also be aware of her 'issues'? Would he really be ok with BB going away for weekends with JW, who's supposedly an addict? IMHO, just seems a bit odd to me.

Something else just crossed my mind. If there's any truth to the rumors that JW is an addict, and is she also works for SB, wouldn't he also be aware of her 'issues'? Would he really be ok with BB going away for weekends with JW, who's supposedly an addict? IMHO, just seems a bit odd to me.

Well, it looks as though BB took a few trips with her GF's there are some from new orleans in the photos on the BB missing FB page, I don't know if this was the trip in April I have seen referred to before, if not then that was another trip.

BB strikes me as very independant woman.. much like myself, during my marriage I never 'needed' my husbands permission or approval to go anywhere. So I don't find it all that odd...

Doesn't this really depends on 'who' is calling the shots in a marriage??

I would hope since they were married they had a certain degree of trust, maybe DH unconditionally trusted her and her judgement??

Well, it looks as though BB took a few trips with her GF's there are some from new orleans in the photos on the BB missing FB page, I don't know if this was the trip in April I have seen referred to before, if not then that was another trip.

BB strikes me as very independant woman.. much like myself, during my marriage I never 'needed' my husbands permission or approval to go anywhere. So I don't find it all that odd...

I would hope since they were married they had a certain degree of trust, maybe DH unconditionally trusted her and her judgement??

I agree... I don't see it as odd that BB would go on a trip with JW or any of her other GF's... SB comes across as very supportive of BB and her decisions IMO...

I wasn't really coming from the angle of permission and/or who's calling the shots. I'm more wondering if it concerns SB that his wife is hanging out with possibly known drug addicts and what that may entail, etc.

On the flip side, what if your SO insisted upon hanging around and traveling with known drug addicts despite any concerns you may have because they're "independent" -might cause some friction.

The family members have repeatedly requested that the facebook wall only be used for upbeat well wishes and prayers, any interesting messages get erased, I'm wondering, if the family gets the facebook page shut down, how long will it be before the interest in the case (what little there is) drys up, and the family can get back to the normal grieving process? Im just curious, I hope by the time fall rolls around the kids can get back to school with all the gossip etc calmed down.

I don't think the family would get the facebook page shut down. While I can't speak for those running the facebook group, but I'm sure they want the focus on finding Beth and as a source of support for her family. rather than bickering or rampant rumor, hence removing some posts

We have many missing persons cases here, some decades old. Family never gives up searching for their missing family member. I only hope Beth is found so the family has answers, whatever they may be.

The family members have repeatedly requested that the facebook wall only be used for upbeat well wishes and prayers, any interesting messages get erased, I'm wondering, if the family gets the facebook page shut down, how long will it be before the interest in the case (what little there is) drys up, and the family can get back to the normal grieving process? Im just curious, I hope by the time fall rolls around the kids can get back to school with all the gossip etc calmed down.

This is incorrect there has been very little removed from the front page and no "interesting" messages as you put it have been erased unless the poster them self have deleted their own post. The discussion tab has plenty of "interesting" post
Don't see where this would get the page shut down anyway?
nor do I really get the point to your post..

This is incorrect there has been very little removed from the front page and no "interesting" messages as you put it have been erased unless the poster them self have deleted their own post. The discussion tab has plenty of "interesting" post
Don't see where this would get the page shut down anyway?
nor do I really get the point to your post..

I was just curious how long it might take for life to return to more even keel, no point. I thought the list owners could remove posts, who knows, I might be wrong about that.

I have heard some family members want the site gone, it's bringing alot of attention to their daily lives.

A list owner can remove, you are correct. But, very little has been deleted by the admin of the site.

Just as this site has rules you have to adhere to, anytime you get a group together you have to have some order to it. Specially with a subject so emotional as this so it doesn't it becomes a feeding frenzy.

The family as in the household of BB are very happy about the site, amazed at the kindness of strangers and all the site has done to spread the word. As they have stated many times on the site.

I honestly don't think they find an even keel? not for years! I think you learn to go through the motion of life. Years down the road they learn to build again.
Many like Jason Project, John Walsh, even the McCall's move on by making changes, and helping others through their experience. They make their pain become a positive motion.

As a widow I know it takes many years to grieve and heal I am at 6 years and it is still a daily struggle for me, and I had closure...
Most families never stop looking and sadly something like this can often tears the "family" apart. Specially when they have no closure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther