SM as a potential focus of the investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a newspaper, not a blog.

The original article says they weren't working on the case, not a revelation.

5 independent sources came up with the same rumor? That's quite a coincidence.
Perhaps. But hearing something from someone who heard something from someone who's not involved in the case?

Rumor.

News and Culture
The Blog Formerly Known As WWire

From the link (which btw is noted to be a blog).

It's a rumor, IMO. A blog using third-hand reports from people they admit are NOT involved in the investigation:

No sources linked to the case.

i.e. a rumor

You're right it's only a rmour. No confirmed details given by LE and yet that it where the search is focused. hmmmmm

great post!

at this point i think LE is trying to point to finger at TM with out naming her a suspect and if she is innocent of this crime, this is terrible.

1. at friday's press conference when they say "TM was the last person to see Kyron". If he was taken by some pervert then the pervert would be the last person to see him.

2. The Flyer. why the heck send this flyer out two weeks after the abduction when everyone has already been interviewed except to subliminaly implicate Terri. can you imagine Terri's reaction when LE tells her they are putting out this flyer? That is why, in my opinion, they used the picture of her from the family statement press conference. i doubt if they asked her if they could take a picture of her and take a picture of their truck for this flyer that she would say "Sure, what a great idea!"

if they have evidence she is involved. charge her! if not leave her alone.

If this was a crime of opportunity and a SO took Kyron without a trace, then i hope he is caught and convicted - using hard evidence.
Well I know one thing. If I was innocent I sure as heck would've objected to those photos placed on the flyer. If LE gave me a good enough reason for my photo to be on the flyer I would've insisted on a more flattering/natural one, not photos taken from stillshots at the press conferences. I dunno, I just think that whole flyer thing is strange.

As far as evidence and charging her, give it time. :cow:

Looks to me like she was just giving her opinion on the case like the rest of us. :twocents:

BBM

exactly. Her opinion like the rest of us. All news sources use "experts" to help analyse stories. But she is not involved (in the LE loop) on this case. Her expertise is that she is a former prosecutor. So she can opine but it is simply that. Opinion, exactly as you have said "just like us".

The problem comes in when people who aren't vigilant (not referring to you so please don't get bristly) hear the opinions and rather than do their homework, take the opnion as gospel truth.

well for starters, none of the three were the last one seen with Kyron, nor were they the ones responsible for getting him to school that day.

We don't know that Terri was the last person seen with Kyron --- because that's not what Gates said.

Dumb question, maybe, but why is it ok to post on the other threads what AH says. He doesn't always, have much other then what his "sources" tell him and it is often wrong?

Perhaps. But hearing something from someone who heard something from someone who's not involved in the case?

Word gets around the police department very fast. Williamette week... which is, again, a newspaper... had five... again, FIVE... independent LE sources tell them the same thing.

It wasn't something they just heard from "someone."

It would be remiss to label it a rumor. Unless you really think that "started on an unmoderated forum" and information from 5 LE are the exact same thing.

bbm.....I don't think the ww has been confirmed as a credible news source by ws....it's just a blog

Umm, no, the Willamette Week is not a blog. It is a bona fide, weekly newspaper. They have an online edition, just like The Oregonian. The Willamette Week won a Pulitzer Prize for investigative reporting in 2005, by the way.

Where are we getting that the Williamette Weekly is a blog? It's a 35 year old newspaper. They've won some pretty impressive awards. Below is a page full of them.

http://advertise.wweek.com/

(snip)

Willamette Week is one of the most decorated weekly newspapers in America. It is the only weekly newspaper ever to win the Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting. Every year WW wins numerous regional and national awards, a few of which are shown above.

Dumb question, maybe, but why is it ok to post on the other threads what AH says. He doesn't always, have much other then what his "sources" tell him and it is often wrong?

Who's AH please?

(having a hard time keeping all these initials straight)

Unfortunately, I think she really *is* that self-involved. The "blended family" article spoke volumes about her history of self-centered focus and on top of the behavior she displayed the first few days after Kyron's disappearance, that article was disastrous. And now she just continues - she sends her friend out to face the media and defend her because she doesn't want to do it herself. I can only give someone the benefit of the doubt for so long, but when a pattern emerges I have to at some point say, "OK, she really is like that."

I think I'm pretty much at that point.

Part of that article spoke to how Terri cared for her sick friend's child. That is not self-centered.

Cell phone pings... not a rumor. Not only is it reported in the article below, but countless others I've read too. Williamette Weekly were the first to publish it...

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

Her story, and the trail of cell phone pings... did not match up.

Have any theories why she lied to law enforcement about where she was that day?

The only "news" we have of this is from Williamette Weekly. Other news sources who have picked up this information and re-printed it have all listed this blog as their source of information. Since WW's sources are unnamed "secret" sources, and since not one other news organization has been able to come out and say that they've spoken to the secret sources and verified the info, it is "iffy info" in my opinion.

My own personal sense of what is really evidence won't allow me to integrate information from unnamed sources published in a blog. That goes for whether the blog agrees with my theory or not!

Where are we getting that the Williamette Weekly is a blog? It's a 35 year old newspaper. They've won some pretty impressive awards. Below is a page full of them.

(snip)

Willamette Week is one of the most decorated weekly newspapers in America. It is the only weekly newspaper ever to win the Pulitzer Prize for Investigative Reporting. Every year WW wins numerous regional and national awards, a few of which are shown above.

I didn't say the paper was a blog. Just that article is on a page described by the paper as a blog.

(snip)

Bingo. (And... most of their awards are for investigative reporting.)

Notice that when Gates was asked about Terri's cell phone pings, he didn't deny it. He just said "I don't control what papers report." If it wasn't true, he would have said it wasn't. Instead he dodges the question.

BBM

There are four parents involved here. Why are the other three not being crucified as well? Why not post hideous accusations against grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings? None of them have done this... so why is it just TH being raked 'cross the coals?

Something that has confused me from the start....

I don't think LE is just going with a "wicked stepmother" theory. No doubt they have looked into the alibis/whereabouts at relevant times of all the parental figures. Maybe the others have been more easily corroborated by other witnesses or information. Maybe hers has not, which is unfortunate, since she was the last of the parents known to be with Kyron. We don't really know, though we know LE has not named her a POI or suspect. For all we know, she has told LE that there has to be someone who saw leave the school alone, and that if they look harder, they can find them, thus the questionnaire. Other than about 3 facts LE has confirmed, everything is speculation at this point. It might only worse if LE was revealing more.

BBM

There are four parents involved here. Why are the other three not being crucified as well? Why not post hideous accusations against grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings? None of them have done this... so why is it just TH being raked 'cross the coals?

Something that has confused me from the start....

Can we stop using words like hideous and venom to define posts of those with differing opinions? There are several people doing this. I am sure that everyone here cares about Kyron.

Word gets around the police department very fast. Williamette week... which is, again, a newspaper... had five... again, FIVE... independent LE sources tell them the same thing.

It wasn't something they just heard from "someone."

It would be remiss to label it a rumor. Unless you really think that "started on an unmoderated forum" and information from 5 LE are the exact same thing.

Nooooooo..... but I don't think rumors floating about a police department are necessarily going to be facts, either. If they want to quote first-hand anonymous sources directly involved in the case, then I'll reconsider.

We don't know that Terri was the last person seen with Kyron --- because that's not what Gates said.

I believe they said the last person to see Kyron...so unless she saw him with someone else, it amounts to the same thing.

ok with him, w/e, you were asking why the other parents weren't being crucified and I was giving my two cents as to why I thought so, also none of the other parents have their picture on a flier provided by LE to the community.

Bingo. (And... most of their awards are for investigative reporting.)

Notice that when Gates was asked about Terri's cell phone pings, he didn't deny it. He just said "I don't control what papers report." If it wasn't true, he would have said it wasn't. Instead he dodges the question.

He hasn't confirmed or denied anything in weeks. He is just sticking to his pattern, and while some may believe that his statement can be read to mean the cell phone ping story is true, it is absolutely as easy to read his statement to mean the cell phone ping store is NOT true!

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/2010/06...yron-horman-focuses-on-step-mom-cell-records/

The story about cell phone pings was published on a page of WW that is clearly labeled as a blog. It's in the addy!!

Nooooooo..... but I don't think rumors floating about a police department are necessarily going to be facts, either. If they want to quote first-hand anonymous sources directly involved in the case, then I'll reconsider.

Because not one of their sources is involved in this investigation at all, I totally agree with you.

That whole article was a picture of family dysfunction - marriages and divorces, kids shuffled around willy nilly, DUI/child endangerment. They tried to make it look good, but come on. Seriously?

Yes I agree. I also think the numerous divorces and children in and out of homes shows some sort of lack of attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member