Terri Horman retains criminal defense attorney!

That would be the best thing for everyone at this stage....

I agree, but in the same since I want Kyron to have justice. I dont know the circumstances of the case featured on the website but he got a guy 7 year for shotting a police officer in the head... That is not justice to me,especially if Kyron is no longer with us.

I don't have a link, but I am positive in the article where her friends are urging her to speak out, one of them said she was only 'silent' because KH wanted it that way. Now that makes me wonder why he wanted it that way? Why would he have felt it better to not talk to media? At the time, I was still thinking in terms of a kidnapper, perhaps contact with a kidnapper, and not wanting him to be panicked. But if that is NOT the case (assuming KH moved out because he became suspicious per se of TH), why did he want silence?

I cannot think of one true thing that TH has said, except as DY said, that she took Kyron to school. We have no idea KH ever wanted her silent. She's spinning things to her friends and family. Remember how the LE stated 'we are not holding the family back from talking to the press, in fact we're helping them?' TH had said they were 'banned' from talking to the press.

And as another poster smartly (is that a word?) stated, talking at all could only cause more problems. I think she really thought this would all disappear and she would actually be seen as some sort of 'poor dear' for being the last person to have seen Kyron. So as things unfolded in the wrong way, she probably told KH that the media was crazy and out to get her, and he was in such a state of grief and panic that it was unimaginable that she would hurt Kyron. Anyways...I think we will know soon enough. If we can ever see her actually speak, it will say so much - her tone, her composure, eye contact, everything.

This is true-once we see her speak, that should answer MANY questions for most people-eye contact vs looking down, directness, perhaps her 'story'.It is hard to lie to people trained to observe subtle things; also to one who is a parent or a grandparent! (lots of practice at detecting falsehoods!)

Is it possible he has been her attorney for awhile now? I am wondering if he was hired before she was questioned and we are just hearing about it.

That this guy is now representing her makes me think that if she did have something to do with Kyron's disappearance, that it was an accident ... or at least it could be spun that way.

I have Hans Reiser case on the brain. His wife disappeared during their estrangement and he denied having anything to do with it. Reiser is a strange man and had unbelievable explanations for things, but he maintained his innocence. Ultimately he was found guilty by lots of circumstantial evidence. But after facing 25 to life, his lawyer negotiated for 15 to life in exchange for Reiser telling LE where his wife's body was and what happened. Essentially, he got a deal for telling the truth. But he denied it all the way till then. She was in a shallow grave maybe half a mile from where she was killed.

I think its fairly certain she will be facing charges of some kind soon. She likely has not done too well on the lie detectors which she probably knows, which isnt great evidence, but which is why police have kept the focus and pressure on her. They may have learned something new from the fliers which the husband was told. If they catch her lying, if someone saw her and Kyron leave the school together, she is in trouble. Maybe police didnt feel safe with their child being with her if they now strongly believe her guilt. As said in the news, police are doing a good job of taking their time to make sure they get things right. If they cannot find a body they want to have an even more solid case.

I doubt any accident happened, she may claim it, but the majority of times when accidents even as severe as a death happen the person doesnt try and hide it. Hiding a supposed accident is the sign of a guilty conscience.

After seperation from the husband and the restraining order it will be interesting to see how Terri reacts. You never know, she may give up kyrons body just to hurt her husband, or it could give her more reason to hide it. It would also be nice to know why the husband is doing what he is doing, he must think something and have some reason to think it, or he has been told something that sold him on her involvement. He may have told the police things that look bad against Terri. Maybe Kyron has been hurt before in weird suspicious situations, who knows.

I do believe Terri is involved, I did from the start really though I left the door open for her innocence. She was the last person to see him walking down a hall towards class, and then he just disappeared.

I'm glad,because if she does hold any information,she has legal counsel to represent her and hopefully will feel safer telling what she knows.With the family presser tomorrow,hopefully we're on the brink of seeing Kyron.

I swear I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but why do you and others feel as if her retaining a lawyer is a good thing for finding answers to what happened to Kyron?

People get an attorney to protect themselves and to defend against accusations. Which is their constitutional right, but it's also a sign of hunkering down and ready to fight, not concede.

I don't think this means we are closer to finding Kyron at all. To me this just means she has a lawyer to protect her legal rights. That's about it.

I think its fairly certain she will be facing charges of some kind soon. She likely has not done too well on the lie detectors which she probably knows, which isnt great evidence, but which is why police have kept the focus and pressure on her. As said in the news, police are doing a good job of taking their time to make sure they get things right. If they cannot find a body they want to have an even more solid case.

I doubt any accident happened, she may claim it, but the majority of times when accidents even as severe as a death happen the person doesnt try and hide it. Hiding a supposed accident is the sign of a guilty conscience.

Agreed. She saw the writing on the wall, and now has a defense attorney when/if the charges come down to fight for her. IF she was involved I don't see her ever telling the truth, but be more of a victim, and maybe as you said she'll claim it was an accident and "poor me panicked" or something in that vein. I still don't see her saying that much though, IF she is indeed involved.

Is it possible he has been her attorney for awhile now? I am wondering if he was hired before she was questioned and we are just hearing about it.

YES, I WONDER oops about the amount of contact too. This has probably been in the works for at least a few days. And her parents came up within the past few days as well--probably with a checkbook.

Agreed. She saw the writing on the wall, and now has a defense attorney when/if the charges come down to fight for her. IF she was involved I don't see her ever telling the truth, but be more of a victim, and maybe as you said she'll claim it was an accident and "poor me panicked" or something in that vein. I still don't see her saying that much though, IF she is indeed involved.

I highly doubt she will claim an accident either, Id be surprised if she gives up Kyrons body. The police pressure can make a suspect crack but I dont think thats whats most likely to happen. And even though she hasnt been making public statements it was found out that she has been posting messages on a KATU.com forum which may have not been the smartest thing to do.

http://www.katu.com/news/97541389.html

I kept pondering why she didn't already have one... either she is bold thinking she didn't need one, or clueless to how bad off the situation is.

I see a lot of people saying she should have talked sooner...but from her standpoint, doesn't it now put her in a better place. Isn't it good for her that she didn't make any type of public statements because none of that can be used against her. I'm thinking that she was clever in not making a statement and kind of playing her cards to see how everything would pan out. She knew better than to say anything.

If I am honest with myself, I think TH not getting a lawyer before now is the single most 'I am innocent' thing she has done since this started.

Or, simple minded.

Or, it was a brilliant, diabolical move to make herself look innocent and co-operative. :waitasec:

I sure would have liked to have heard her talk before this. She will be coached on how to look, act, etc... now, if she ever does speak.

I don't think the LE had much more to talk to her about and she didn't crack, if there is anything to crack about. She can still talk to them if she chooses to.

He's a criminal defense attorney...now I wonder why she feels like she needs him? I mean really..she not a POI right, she's not a suspect...:waitasec:
Maybe she knows something we don't know, like where Kyron is.:furious:

Maybe the criminal defense attorney is to fight whatever is in the restraining order and not the case with Kyron. Kaine may have alleged criminal behavior in getting that RO signed off on.

A report said that she was expecting to be arrested very soon for child endangerment. She needed a defense attorney no matter what. She knows she is a POI, no matter what LE say.

I am pleased she got this one. He sounds as ethical as a defense attorney can be. We won't have to get our info from her so called friends anymore.

If she is guilty of something, as others pointed out from the article, he may facilitate her talking. If that is the case, she won't walk, but we my end up getting much closer to the truth in the end.

I was off the fence for a long time with her. After all that came down over the weekend and Monday, I would have thought I was even across the field by now. Instead, I woke up today bothered by a few things and a general feeling that I can't seem to shake. While checking out various sites today, (when I should have been working), I see there are more than a few others this week that have some of the feelings I do. I would say I have the toes of one foot stuck in a knot hole prepared to start climbing back up on that fence if need be.

I am still open to more than one person, or her indirect involvement. If so, this lawyer just may guide her to a better deal if she talks about that.

LE have handled themselves well so far. Now a classy, competent lawyer. I think this bodes well for the case, how ever it turns out.

Now, if someone would bring Kyron home. Now. Please.

Well, it's about time. I was happy to wake up this morning to find that TH had finally retained counsel. Though I personally believe she is guilty as sin, I don't like to see LE operating unchecked in any circumstance. The presence of good defense counsel forces LE and the DA to mind their Ps & Qs through every step of an investigation and prosecution, which is as it should be.

Criminal defense attornies get a bad rap, but they are the only force that prevents LE and the DA from going rogue and doing whatever they see fit to all of us. I mean think about it; if not for defense attornies police could roust you from your bed at 2 a.m., search your house, throw you in jail, torture you into confession, and leave you to rot if they felt like it (which does happen in many other countries).

Most criminal defense attornies are not "sleazy" people who are trying to get their clients "off" at any cost. Most criminal defense attornies that I know personally have strong feelings about protecting people from the state running roughshod over all of us - they make the state and the criminal justice system do their job. Nothing wrong with that.

I thought this web site was for those who can not speak, the missing. KYRON Horman MISSING. SM retaining a CRIMINAL defense attorney will not help KYRON and it will not help LE. I wonder if the other parents are happy about this new development. Probably not.

I thought this web site was for those who can not speak, the missing. KYRON Horman MISSING. SM retaining a CRIMINAL defense attorney will not help KYRON and it will not help LE. I wonder if the other parents are happy about this new development. Probably not.

Yes, part of this site is for the missing, but not all of it. In this instance, Kyron's forum is in the "Crimes and Trials" section, not the "Missing" section, so there will mostly be discussion about the crime and the trial, if there is a trial.

I swear I'm not trying to be antagonistic, but why do you and others feel as if her retaining a lawyer is a good thing for finding answers to what happened to Kyron?

People get an attorney to protect themselves and to defend against accusations. Which is their constitutional right, but it's also a sign of hunkering down and ready to fight, not concede.

I don't think this means we are closer to finding Kyron at all. To me this just means she has a lawyer to protect her legal rights. That's about it.

Exactly. I hope there is a new all out search now for KYRON. If LE and SAR can find him, then there will be nothing to bargain with for a plea deal. That would be good for the VICTIM, KYRON.

Kyron is missing and most unfortunately all of this drama is probably going to lead to his location.

I believe that Kyron is no longer with us so now the LE is looking for TMH to disclose the disposal location.

I wish with all my heart that someone has him but I do not believe they do.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back