Kyron's parents' statements, interviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! So frustrating! "Hey, it might be over soon... maybe?... but they look like they are preparing for the long haul... WTH?" :waitasec:

ARGH!

I'm going to think of it as another stratigic move on LE part! I need hope!:angel:

I think part of what is so crazy and frustrating in this case is that NOTHING is released or stated without it being open to multiple interpretations. Nothing is just a plain old statement with one only one meaning. :(

I would imagine the motivation behind selling t-shirts and bracelets is to get- and keep- Kyron's face out there in the public conscience.

It would also be a proactive way for the parents to feel they are doing something. It must be so frustrating to just keep waiting and waiting for that phone to ring.Any proceeds would more than likely work to further the search of Kyron. But, even if some of the proceeds went to help with everyday living expenses, (as I can understand a long delay in being able to get back to work, and life, as it 'used to be'), I certainly don't have a problem with that.

I guess I don't understand why this would be a big issue in a missing child case. I sincerely doubt that Kaine and Desiree are looking at selling t-shirts as a 'Get Rich Quick' scheme.

I am really sorry I even said anything about the t-shirts and bracelets.

I'll whip myself it will help.

I'm thinking they are both testifying before a grand jury.
This was exactly my first thought when I read the statement about heavy law enforcement obligations.

I wonder if something is brewing with a Grand Jury, regarding Terri.

IIf she actually did not, Kyron's absence would have the most impact on her, as his primary caregiver for most of his life.

I don't doubt DY's love for her son, however a weekend every couple weeks is substantially less contact and less responsibility than living full time with his SM. She is the one saw to his daily, mundane routine, not DY.

Well..she may have been the one who saw to his "needs" but..she doesnt seem to be missing him too much..unlike his MOTHER

Jmo

This was exactly my first thought when I read the statement about heavy law enforcement obligations.

I wonder if something is brewing with a Grand Jury, regarding Terri.[/QUO

they better have more then what im hearing they have. cause if i was on a grand jury there's no way id indict on anything more then making false statments to the police at this point

I am really sorry I even said anything about the t-shirts and bracelets.

I'll whip myself it will help.
:thewhip:

Here, you can use my whip- right after I finish whipping myself if my last post came across too harsh.

There was a video up late last night with the story, however the webcam is now covering the traffic.

Watching http://www.kptv.com/video/15359817/index.html stream their News at 10, and they mentioned the statement by Kyron's parents tonight,
The also reported that the family is going to launch a website soon to sell tee shirts and bracelets.

Ladonna, did they actually say 'sell' the shirts and bracelets? Did they say if they were selling them at a profit? Or at cost?

BBM

I think therein lies the discomfort a lot of people feel about this sort of thing. Should the funds go to the living expenses of the parents? It's a big question.

Personally, I think yes, at least for the first few months, as I cannot imagine going back to work as usual while my child was lost/stolen. But others have an image of the parents "profiting," which makes them uncomfortable.

(In actually, I think that is fairly wrong, as I can't see them selling enough merch to pull a "profit." MOO.)

I kind of wish an external foundation would sell the t-shirts and bracelets and funnel the money to the search, etc. I think this might help alleviate the tension people feel about this issue.

A foundation to collect the money and funnel it directly to the search would not erase KH, DY and TY's need for money for personal expenses. Their banks may be understanding for a month or two (altho' I tend to doubt this) but they will eventually face the choice of making payments or losing their property. Wherever it is that they are staying will want payment. Etc.

I guess I'm just not getting it. They have to continue their lives. What good would it do baby K or DY's older son if their parents are living on the street?

Lest you think I exaggerate, let me remind you that Shasta Groene and her father were homeless for a period of time after she was returned to him, until their community found out, rallied around and made sure they had their basic needs met. It makes me feel sick to think of all the trauma that little girl went through and then more trauma.

Are people truly so envious of others that they would grudge these people a penny more than they deem they deserve?

I honestly just don't get it.

A foundation to collect the money and funnel it directly to the search would not erase KH, DY and TY's need for money for personal expenses. Their banks may be understanding for a month or two (altho' I tend to doubt this) but they will eventually face the choice of making payments or losing their property. Wherever it is that they are staying will want payment. Etc.

I guess I'm just not getting it. They have to continue their lives. What good would it do baby K or DY's older son if their parents are living on the street?

Lest you think I exaggerate, let me remind you that Shasta Groene and her father were homeless for a period of time after she was returned to him, until their community found out, rallied around and made sure they had their basic needs met. It makes me feel sick to think of all the trauma that little girl went through and then more trauma.

Are people truly so envious of others that they would grudge these people a penny more than they deem they deserve?

I honestly just don't get it.

The "etc" in there after searches was to include the living expenses, since in that same post I said I agreed that their living expenses should be covered.

ETA: I also really resent the implications that I am "jealous" of these people for having lost their child.

OK, fine. I'm serious. Everyone just put me on ignore!

The "etc" in there after searches was to include the living expenses, since IN THAT SAME POST I said I agreed that their living expenses should be covered.

I really shouldn't have logged in today. jeesh!
I just want you to know, my post regarding the t-shirts a page back was not directed at you, my dear friend Dr Duck. :blowkiss:

As a matter of fact, it wasn't directed at any one person on this thread- it was just my opinion.

I appreciate all of the varying opinions on this topic, and truly do not want anyone to start censoring their thoughts on any subject.

I totally understood what Duck was saying. There are a couple of cases out there that have "taken advantage" of things like selling tee's and bracelets. Goodness, no one was saying they shouldn't or that they were going to do anything "sneaky" with the proceeds! This is getting so far from what was intended.

How did I become the target of all this anyway... where are the other peeps who said something along the same lines?

Can we treat this like a tag-team match?

I totally understood what Duck was saying. There are a couple of cases out there that have "taken advantage" of things like selling tee's and bracelets. Goodness, no one was saying they shouldn't or that they were going to do anything "sneaky" with the proceeds! This is getting so far from what was intended.

BBM

Thank you! I didn't even imply this, nor did the others, I believe.

Again, I am sorry I ever brought anything up. I will keep my bill safely stapled shut around here from now on. :crazy:

I hate to change the subject (uh-huh), but does anyone else think there is a possibility that the 'heavy law enforcement obligations' mentioned may include Kaine and Desiree appearing before a Grand Jury?

And, as stated in one of KBL's post's a page back- with what we know, would there be enough to indict Terri on any charges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix