Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this is going to go under IMO, but in my interaction with them:

1. SS's wife did not know about the affair with BB.

2. SB did not know about BB's affairs.

I have not heard that SB knew about the blackmail until after BB was missing.

JAL.. knowing all these people (MV Group) (do you know them as well as you do SS?) what do your instincts tell you? Do you personally think they are involved with her disappearance?

I think you firmly believe SS is not? am I correct in this assumption?

I do not think SS was involved in BB's disappearance. Am I happy with the affair, absolutely not. Do I know of SS's criminal history, yes. Have I considered that, yes.

Since BB's disappearance I have spent a lot of time with SS, and I have never had a "hinky" feeling.

Cub, in reply to several of your posts at once...

OMGosh.. my head is spinning!!!!

Where did all this blackmail stuff come from? Is it a rumor? Are you saying several verified members have shared this with you and now you are sharing what you feel is appropriate? I dont understand the post? I dont remember anyone saying JAL represented SS for that case, maybe another??

Im really am losing all my marbles.

I may have misunderstood but I was under the impression some were alluding to JAL representing the crimes SS was charged with and previously posted. If I was wrong, I apologize. Either way it clears up any misunderstanding or confusion... to know that JAL did not represent SS for the crimes previously posted.

I do not know who the blackmailer is, I do know it is NOT SS.

Well at least the ISP is involved. That gives me some hope. After what some on here have written about the WS and MV LEs I was beginning to all hope.

Does your source think their is going to be a resolution soon or are we in for a year or two?

No idea about any resolution. No idea if the blackmailer had an ailibi. No idea about any of it other than the black mail did happen and SB is aware of it but was not aware of it prior to Beths disappearance.

I'm not going to make any presumptions about where the money came from. There are ways to spend money and not have a spouse know, it happens all the time.

Also, wasn't it brought up before that a child overheard JW and RR talking about blackmailing somebody???

It was brought up a child overheard the use of the word blackmail in a conversation between RR nd JW. We don't know the context in which it was spoken. They could have been talking about having knowledge that someone was blackmailing BB. It does not mean RR and JW were blackmailing anyone. I do not believe RR or JW were blackmailing anyone.

jmo

On the other hand,

Supporting Missing due to Meeting Known Person 15%, and Missing due to blackmail.

In Support

MV Group
1. BB and JW lied about where they were.
2. BB allegedly had some drug history.
3. BB was far from home.
4. JW's story morphed a little, under pressure of new information
5. The Pizza pick up story, which decreases the timeline

Chicago/Northwestsuburbs

SS

1. Was having an affair with BB.
2. Had text contact with BB, that weekend
3. Interviewed by LE
4. Has a criminal record
5 Had a motive to cover up affair

Blackmailer (who BTW is not SS)

1. Had collected money from BB (which I think gives a blackmailer a reason not to kill).
2. Was threatening to tell SB (which BB feared because she paid)

B from Chicago

1. Was supposed to meet with BB Friday, then no, Saturday, then no, Sunday
2. Was supposed to travel to Las Vegas for weekend with BB
2. LE has interviewed

Any other paramours

1. Some not identified

Against

MV Group

1. Does JW use the detail that she used if she just witnessed a death?
2. Doesn't JW stop talking, if guilty
3. Don't RR or NR defend, if guilty
4. Story is changing but is never exclusively ruled out
5. If accidental death, doesn't one of them "break" in 10 weeks

SS

1. Has an alibi
2. Is hundreds of miles away from the scene, if the scene is MV/Centralia
3. Would have been mentioned by JW as who BB was going to meet
4. IMO not violent (personal experience)
5 IMO motive not sufficient, he would be more apt to face up to indiscretion

B from Chicago

1. Has been interviewed by LE

Other Paramours

2. Have not been identified by LE

Summary: If BB never got on the train, MV group are POI, If took train, we can obviously delete MV group and consider others. I do not know much about the blackmail guy. SS is not the blackmail guy. SS is a personal friend and I don't believe he is involved (but that is just my opinion), B from Chicago (the one with LV trip plans is a possibility, and of course there is the Looking for Mr. Goodbar: other set of persons who could be considered.

Are B from Chicago and the Blackmailer the same person or two different people? IF B was the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend why was SS tossed into this? Soley because he texted her that weekend- (when we know Beth was supposed to text people all the time) or to thow people off the track and away from B? Does B have a criminal record and if so what is it? Are you B's attorney?

This is the first I have seen B is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend and not SS.

jmo

Are B from Chicago and the Blackmailer the same person or two different people? IF B was the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend why was SS tossed into this? Soley because he texted her that weekend- (when we know Beth was supposed to text people all the time) or to thow people off the track and away from B? Does B have a criminal record and if so what is it? Are you B's attorney?

This is the first I have seen B is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend and not SS.

jmo

No the blackmailer is allegedly MS, not SS.

No the blackmailer is allegedly MS, not SS.

TY for clarifying. Let me make sure I understand correctly. The following is how I am interpreting this and is currently speculation until confirmed.

MS = Blackmailer who had no known plans to spend time with BB the weekend she went missing. What was MS's alibi that weekend if we know of one?

SS = Someone BB had an affair with but did not have plans to meet BB the weekend she went missing. They did text often that weekend.

B from Chicago = The person Beth was supposed to go away with the weekend she went missing, who was not available Fri or Sat but made contact with BB to meet her Sunday - and this is the person JW was supposed to have dropped BB off to meet near the train station. JW did not like this person and BB knew this so BB did not tell JW she was meeting B?

Can someone clarify?

Where was B from Chicago Sunday the 23rd and Monday the 24th?

Is B from Chicago married or single, does anyone know?

Why was it originally stated SS was the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend and now it is being stated B' from CHicago is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend?

Now you have posted B from Chicago is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend?
Your post #43 from previous page:

On the other hand,

Supporting Missing due to Meeting Known Person 15%, and Missing due to blackmail.

In Support

MV Group
1. BB and JW lied about where they were.
2. BB allegedly had some drug history.
3. BB was far from home.
4. JW's story morphed a little, under pressure of new information
5. The Pizza pick up story, which decreases the timeline

Chicago/Northwestsuburbs

SS

1. Was having an affair with BB.
2. Had text contact with BB, that weekend
3. Interviewed by LE
4. Has a criminal record
5 Had a motive to cover up affair

1. Had collected money from BB (which I think gives a blackmailer a reason not to kill).

B from Chicago

1. Was supposed to meet with BB Friday, then no, Saturday, then no, Sunday
2. Was supposed to travel to Las Vegas for weekend with BB
2. LE has interviewed

Any other paramours

1. Some not identified

Against

MV Group

1. Does JW use the detail that she used if she just witnessed a death?
2. Doesn't JW stop talking, if guilty
3. Don't RR or NR defend, if guilty
4. Story is changing but is never exclusively ruled out
5. If accidental death, doesn't one of them "break" in 10 weeks

SS

1. Has an alibi
2. Is hundreds of miles away from the scene, if the scene is MV/Centralia
3. Would have been mentioned by JW as who BB was going to meet
4. IMO not violent (personal experience)
5 IMO motive not sufficient, he would be more apt to face up to indiscretion

B from Chicago

1. Has been interviewed by LE

Other Paramours

2. Have not been identified by LE

Summary: If BB never got on the train, MV group are POI, If took train, we can obviously delete MV group and consider others. I do not know much about the blackmail guy. SS is not the blackmail guy. SS is a personal friend and I don't believe he is involved (but that is just my opinion), B from Chicago (the one with LV trip plans is a possibility, and of course there is the Looking for Mr. Goodbar: other set of persons who could be considered.

Which is it? and why are you now reporting it was not SS she was supposed to meet but B from Chicago?

tia

Still looking for the SS info posts as being the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet.

Is the blackmail actually confirmed or is it still just a rumor?

From JAL's post:

BBM. Not if Beth told him enough and she was going to report him.
Wouldn't this black mail crime be considered extortion? Wouldn't being convicted of extortion likely include prison time? Sounds like a heck of a motive to me to kill someone to keep them from reporting a crime which might result in prison time. Happens all the time........

JMO

Why was it originally stated SS was the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend and now it is being stated B' from CHicago is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend?

Now you have posted B from Chicago is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend?
Your post #43 from previous page:

Which is it? and why are you now reporting it was not SS she was supposed to meet but B from Chicago?

tia

Still looking for the SS info posts as being the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet.
BBM

That info came from JW's email to one of our members, it's in the last thread, not sure exactly where. Maybe that poster can confirm?

Ok it was my post in an earlier thread with the info from several verified members that SS was the alleged mystery man. Now we have information SS and BB were texting each other but did not have plans to meet that weekend according to JAL's post. IF I understand it correctly.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Benedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia 23 May 2010 - Part 5

So now there is a whole 'nother mystery man with the initial B from Chicago that Beth was supposed to meet and travel out of town with that weekend.

This is hard trying to keep all this straight.

JAL, may we ask how you learnt of B and not SS being the mystery man Beth was supposed to go away with that weekend?

I have never corresponded with JW via email......
I don't know where or how the verified members are getting this info.
Just that because they are verified they have a little more leeway with posting
information that can not be supported with a MSM link.

Wish the verified members would help clarify this.

tia

IMO, the quote tells me she was planning on going home when she last spoke with JW. We don't know what transpired after that, a change of heart, foul play, an accident. LE has not ruled anything out so those are still all possibilities.

jmo

Sorry for jumpin in mid thread, Im just catching up... but cubby.. can you link what quote you are talking about here, or just tell me? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horizon54