Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe, I don't think we are back where we started. I think we are in possession of a lot of confusing twists, but we know about the twists now.

Awhile back I think you were trying to figure out the significance of the rental car. I think I have it. A person rents a car for this trip, so that they can separate and return to where their car is and go home with their car with their story covered.

So that makes me think at the beginning of this trip BB planned to go home.

Sorry, that was confusing, should have wrote, "BB went with JW to MV bc JW wanted to spend time with RR" (I'll go back & edit)

I am not verified.

If you would PM me(?) and let me know how to go about that

Also a while back there was a very useful post about who was verified, does WS update that info in the thread as new members are verified?
Is there any place to view which members are verified?? Thanks!

I think there is alot more going on here than an affair and I think the blackmailer is probably someone in BB's circle of friends.
QUOTE]

It depends on what you mean by circle of friends. When the page was down I did a little facebook surfing over to BB's page. Always thinking talked about BB visiting her and her friends house, playing poker, etc. and none of those show up on the fb page. BB kept her second life off of her fb page.

Was MS in the Woodstock "circle of friends" ... nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalgenie
BB was suppose to be going to Vegas with the alledged mystery man? Where did SB think she was going and who was supposed to be covering for her?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question...

but obviously SB thought she was going to Mount Vernon with JW, who was covering for her.

Unless I missed something, that has been one of the only constants.

I'm pretty sure JAL (who is verified) stated SB didn't know BB was in MV, and was told they were going to WI to visit a sick relative of JW.

There is a list for Professional Posters and locals but none of those verified from this thread are on it.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97493&highlight=professional+posters

Seriously we need something because this has become the most difficult case to follow.
So many twists and turns and inside info that it is hard to keep it straight. moo

That is because that thread you linked above is for the Hot Case forum. There is a thread here in the missing/located discussion forum in the sticky area with the list of verified members for the missing located discussion.

Please remember Tricia has given people permission to post as verified if they have sent her their info. So some may or may not be on the sticky list of verified posters. I will be speaking with Tricia later this afternoon and ask her if she has any more to add. I know she has some other higher priority issues to deal with and ask we be patient while she catches up.

hth

Cubby

Joe, I don't think we are back where we started. I think we are in possession of a lot of confusing twists, but we know about the twists now.

Awhile back I think you were trying to figure out the significance of the rental car. I think I have it. A person rents a car for this trip, so that they can separate and return to where their car is and go home with their car with their story covered.

Agree. If anything happened to BB's car, let's say a breakdown, or accident, it would be hard to explain why it's not in WI

I don't doubt that Beth had every intention of returning home after that weekend. I'm not sure if you read my latest theory that I posted back in part #5 or if that is what you might be referring to now when you say I was trying to figure out the significance of the car. I think I had it spot on back then and still do today as far as why the rental car was used. No matter if she was meeting with SS or B. Two of the mystery men that she might of been planing on meeting that weekend. She was planning on being with them and JW needed a way to get back to Woodstock. I doubt she would have been excited enough to rent a car and drive to Mt. Vernon, if she was meeting MS the blackmailer for the weekend if he was really blackmailing her. I would think she would not want to be around him unless he was forcing her to be with him and using the blackmail to do that while getting paid at the same time. I too think there is more to the blackmail story then just a simple affair.

Part of my theory that I posted in part 5. (Link to that post)

Beth parks her car in JW's garage and rents a car to drive to Mt Vernon with JW because she is planning a weekend with this mystery guy and intends to drive back home to Woodstock with him. Mystery man is supposed to meet up with Beth early that weekend and they go somewhere nice for the weekend alone. Romance is in the air, Beth packs her bags. Beth and JW drive to Mt. Vernon. JW has the rental car to drive back to Woodstock by herself, Beth will be dropped off to get her car in JW's garage when mystery man drops her off in Woodstock before returning home himself. (That explains the car in the garage)

If Beth was meeting someone to go to Vegas for the weekend then I don't understand why she would drive to Mt. V unless that person was from the local area and they planned to go to St. Louis to catch a flight together. I think they would have gone to Chicago to fly out if that was the case? Mystery Man "B" is said to be from the Chicago area. Maybe the trip to Vegas fell apart and Mt Vernon was the alternate plan or place to meet with "B". Something happen when he finally arrived be it an argument gone horribly wrong or something else like drug deal, overdose. But why wouldn't he meet her at the rehab house instead of having JW drop her off in Centralia if that is really the truth from JW, so that don't make much sense either.

I used to be able to view Beth's personal fb page, but now has been locked down. I'm not sure if I could view it because I might of been friends of one of her friends or she had the settings so anyone could see it. Regardless I can no longer view the majority of her page. Just to let you know.

Agree. If anything happened to BB's car, let's say a breakdown, or accident, it would be hard to explain why it's not in WI

It would have been just as hard to explain why the car is sitting at JW house and what was the need for a rentall . The rental car to me makes no sense . And from my point of view there is still no proof the BB was in MV at all.

It would have been just as hard to explain why the car is sitting at JW house and what was the need for a rentall . The rental car to me makes no sense . And from my point of view there is still no proof the BB was in MV at all.

I think The proof that BB was in MV was that the last phone call to SB originated from there. Also she was seen at the Frosty Mug- an establishment located in MV.

[That is because that thread you linked above is for the Hot Case forum. There is a thread here in the missing/located discussion forum in the sticky area with the list of verified members for the missing]

Where and what is the sticky area?
I am still pretty new?? Sorry!:blushing:

Tricia has given me the two following members as having sent their info to be verified.

blueyesrsmiling and quickthinking

That is because that thread you linked above is for the Hot Case forum. There is a thread here in the missing/located discussion forum in the sticky area with the list of verified members for the missing located discussion.

Where and what is the sticky area?
I am still pretty new?? Sorry!:blushing:

The sticky area are sticky threads so they don't get buried at the top of the main missing/located discussion forum. So when you open this forum to find Beths thread, the stickies are at the top.

ETA: Below the list of Subforums, is the sticky area.

hth

I wonder if my cell phone provider can tell me were these texts originated from.

This is my last conversation with BB (texts)

May 20, 3:31PM-- BB: I can't find my camera----has anyone seen it?
May 22, 12:48PM- me: Did u ever find ur camera?
May 22, 12:49PM- BB: Yes (pet name for friend)'s got it :)
May 22, 1:06PM-- me: Pool open?
May 22, 1:44PM-- BB: Not yet....next weekend fer shore!!
May 22, 1:45PM-- me: Dude its hot as hell out there!jk
(no reply)

I think The proof that BB was in MV was that the last phone call to SB originated from there. Also she was seen at the Frosty Mug- an establishment located in MV.

Who ever verified that Beth was the person to actually make this call?

I believe it was verified that the call was placed from Beth's phone from the Mt. Vernon area, but to my knowledge no one other than SB spoke to her during this call. Is LE just taking his word that it was actually Beth that made the call from her phone?

Hi, I've been reading since the beginning. Don't know anyone involved, but am from the area.

I too did some FB surfing while this thread was down. My question is for JAL, or anyone else I guess - you allege that MS is the blackmailer. Would MS be the brother of SS?

Hi, I've been reading since the beginning. Don't know anyone involved, but am from the area.

I too did some FB surfing while this thread was down. My question is for JAL, or anyone else I guess - you allege that MS is the blackmailer. Would MS be the brother of SS?

No.... but will let JAL answer for himself.

I went to the local retailer where my cell account is, and asked, "I have this text message, is there any way to find out where the person was when they sent this message?" They told me no... I guess even if I did find out where the message was sent from, it still does not prove she was the person using her phone. It seems like it was her...
IMO when BB talked to SB (the last phone call) it was her. BB & JW have distinctive voices & vocal tendencies that differ from each other. It is possible that SB is not being truthful about that call, but every indication-IMO- is that he has no criminal involvement in his wife's disappearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan