Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are B from Chicago and the Blackmailer the same person or two different people? IF B was the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend why was SS tossed into this? Soley because he texted her that weekend- (when we know Beth was supposed to text people all the time) or to thow people off the track and away from B? Does B have a criminal record and if so what is it? Are you B's attorney?

This is the first I have seen B is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend and not SS.

jmo

No the blackmailer is allegedly MS, not SS.

BBM

JAL, that didn't really answer Cubby's question.

Is B from Chicago and MS (blackmailer) the same person?

If not do you have some initials for "B"? If I'm reading your post below correctly you said B WAS interviewed by LE so I would think you must know what they would be. If your post below is your opinion or speculation it does not say that.

On the other hand,

Supporting Missing due to Meeting Known Person 15%, and Missing due to blackmail.

In Support

MV Group
1. BB and JW lied about where they were.
2. BB allegedly had some drug history.
3. BB was far from home.
4. JW's story morphed a little, under pressure of new information
5. The Pizza pick up story, which decreases the timeline

Chicago/Northwestsuburbs

SS

1. Was having an affair with BB.
2. Had text contact with BB, that weekend
3. Interviewed by LE
4. Has a criminal record
5 Had a motive to cover up affair

Blackmailer (who BTW is not SS)

1. Had collected money from BB (which I think gives a blackmailer a reason not to kill).
2. Was threatening to tell SB (which BB feared because she paid)

B from Chicago

1. Was supposed to meet with BB Friday, then no, Saturday, then no, Sunday
2. Was supposed to travel to Las Vegas for weekend with BB
2. LE has interviewed

Any other paramours

1. Some not identified

Against

MV Group

1. Does JW use the detail that she used if she just witnessed a death?
2. Doesn't JW stop talking, if guilty
3. Don't RR or NR defend, if guilty
4. Story is changing but is never exclusively ruled out
5. If accidental death, doesn't one of them "break" in 10 weeks

SS

1. Has an alibi
2. Is hundreds of miles away from the scene, if the scene is MV/Centralia
3. Would have been mentioned by JW as who BB was going to meet
4. IMO not violent (personal experience)
5 IMO motive not sufficient, he would be more apt to face up to indiscretion

B from Chicago

1. Has been interviewed by LE

Other Paramours

2. Have not been identified by LE

Summary: If BB never got on the train, MV group are POI, If took train, we can obviously delete MV group and consider others. I do not know much about the blackmail guy. SS is not the blackmail guy. SS is a personal friend and I don't believe he is involved (but that is just my opinion), B from Chicago (the one with LV trip plans is a possibility, and of course there is the Looking for Mr. Goodbar: other set of persons who could be considered.

My apology to EVERYONE- this is off topic.
Cubby I LOVE *advertiser censored* Robin, do you know where there currently is one?

My apology to EVERYONE- this is off topic.
Cubby I LOVE *advertiser censored* Robin, do you know where there currently is one?

No. The last one I knew of from reading online was in Brookfield IIRC. I don't think there are any left.

Melrose Park? I used to go to one in Arlington Hts, my mom LOVED *advertiser censored* Robin. I went to one in Melrose Park maybe 10-15 years ago..... maybe its still there? it was in front of a hospital

eta: found articles and yes they are ALL gone now. :-( Today is my moms birthday (RIP) she LOVED *advertiser censored* Robin SO much, so- it was cool to see it on your avatar Cubby. SOrry to disrupt the thread.

(((((hugs)))))) about your mom. Today is the anniversary of my sons godfathers moms passing.

I miss the ice cream but what I recall of the *advertiser censored* Robin burgers and fries I don't recall they were that great. I remember them being in Naperville, Lombard and Wheaton.

My source is ISP in DuPage. I know nothing much of ISP investigations. He tosses me the ocassional county corruption bone. I don't follow politics. I mention the local cases I am interested to him. I don't have any personal ties to McHenry outside of friends who have summer homes there....... but the peeps and summer homes or vacationing cover much of the great lakes area...

moo

Sorry, Cubby. I just misunderstood.

I somehow doubt the 20k had anything to do with any of the affairs BB was having.

I think there is alot more going on here than an affair and I think the blackmailer is probably someone in BB's circle of friends.

If there is more than one lover there is the possibility of jealousy causing BB's disappearance. All it takes is a text to the wrong boyfriend and they find out there are others...

BB was suppose to be going to Vegas with the alledged mystery man? Where did SB think she was going and who was supposed to be covering for her?

I'm beginning to think none of BB's friends really knew her or was as close as they thought they were to her. I think all of them knew some things but none of them knew everything. I also believe that most of the "friends" made an enormous mistake of alienating the one "friend" who was around BB the last time she was seen. At this point I don't believe JW knew her all that well. There has been waaayyy too much deception by BB herself.

I am sure BB was a great friend to her "friends" and am sure they are bewildered by the vanishing of BB. I am also sure that some of them have found out things that they didn't know and are probably continuing to do so.

I hope BB is alive and well but at this point with blackmail, alledged drug use, affairs, and missing money, it does not look good.

I am leaning towards 40% on her being alive and having just taken off.

30% Someone she knew very well murdered her.

30% Someone she thought she knew murdered her.

I wonder if the real reason the LE is being quiet is because there are too many motives and quite a few suspects????

MOO.

My first reply...This is all rumor but was heard through a friend of a friend of BB's...In the very beginning when BB went missing I heard she was having affairs, was into drugs, had taken a lot of money from SB's business which they thought she used to leave with, was being blackmailed but to keep the guy quiet she bought him a Harley (I have wondered why none of this ever came to light on Facebook), and that a lot of people think she took off because she owed money to drug dealers. Also, why was SB hospitalized after his LV trip? What for?

Again, here we are in August, and NO WORD from LE or any one of BB's family members.
Obviously, if SB made a trip to LV, he was under the impression BB left willingly. The only real leads LE has to go on, are statements made to them by the last people that saw her, and others they (JW RR) cast suspicions on (including BB).
All that is really confirmed in this case is BB rented a car for a weekend getaway in MV. JW stated she dropped her off at the train station in Centralia to return home. SB stated he spoke to BB on Sunday , and there was no mention of taking a train. The timeline and reason for this drop off has changed. There was a pizza order made from BB phone at 5:15 p.m. That's it. That is all that is REALLY known.

I somehow doubt the 20k had anything to do with any of the affairs BB was having.

I think there is alot more going on here than an affair and I think the blackmailer is probably someone in BB's circle of friends.

If there is more than one lover there is the possibility of jealousy causing BB's disappearance. All it takes is a text to the wrong boyfriend and they find out there are others...

BB was suppose to be going to Vegas with the alledged mystery man? Where did SB think she was going and who was supposed to be covering for her?

I'm beginning to think none of BB's friends really knew her or was as close as they thought they were to her. I think all of them knew some things but none of them knew everything. I also believe that most of the "friends" made an enormous mistake of alienating the one "friend" who was around BB the last time she was seen. At this point I don't believe JW knew her all that well. There has been waaayyy too much deception by BB herself.

I am sure BB was a great friend to her "friends" and am sure they are bewildered by the vanishing of BB. I am also sure that some of them have found out things that they didn't know and are probably continuing to do so.

I hope BB is alive and well but at this point with blackmail, alledged drug use, affairs, and missing money, it does not look good.

I am leaning towards 40% on her being alive and having just taken off.

30% Someone she knew very well murdered her.

30% Someone she thought she knew murdered her.

I wonder if the real reason the LE is being quiet is because there are too many motives and quite a few suspects????

MOO.

Regarding the line (bolded by myself) The Woodstock girl friends of BB have purposely NOT alienated JW, they don't make social arrangements (never did, except to include her in plans made with BB) but are kind to her if she happens to make contact (which she rarely does). Just a minor point to clear up IMO

When the Vegas trip fell through, BB had already told SB she would be gone that weekend, so she arranged to got to MV instead with JW bc JW wanted to spend time with RR. (BB told SB and the Woodstock Girlfriends she was going to Wisconsin with JW)

"Mystery man" is confusing, but I think "Mystery man" in this conversation is the person she was supposed to be meeting in Chicago when she took the train from Centralia(original story told by JW).

Again, here we are in August, and NO WORD from LE or any one of BB's family members.
Obviously, if SB made a trip to LV, he was under the impression BB left willingly. The only real leads LE has to go on, are statements made to them by the last people that saw her, and others they (JW RR) cast suspicions on (including BB).
All that is really confirmed in this case is BB rented a car for a weekend getaway in MV. JW stated she dropped her off at the train station in Centralia to return home. SB stated he spoke to BB on Sunday , and there was no mention of taking a train. The timeline and reason for this drop off has changed. There was a pizza order made from BB phone at 5:15 p.m. That's it. That is all that is REALLY known.

(Line bolded by myself) IMO SB is not necessarily under the impression that BB left willingly, he HOPES that is the situation. Hard to be objective...
MOO

Regarding the line (bolded by myself) The Woodstock girl friends of BB have purposely NOT alienated JW, they don't make social arrangements (never did, except to include her in plans made with BB) but are kind to her if she happens to make contact (which she rarely does). Just a minor point to clear up IMO

When the Vegas trip fell through, BB had already told SB she would be gone that weekend, so she arranged to got to MV instead with JW to spend time with RR. (BB told SB and the Woodstock Girlfriends she was going to Wisconsin with JW)

"Mystery man" is confusing, but I think "Mystery man" in this conversation is the person she was supposed to be meeting in Chicago when she took the train from Centralia(original story told by JW).

BBM

So are we to take it now that Beth and RR where also having an affair? (how many affairs does that make now? I'm losing count)

Are you verified by the way?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your question...

but obviously SB thought she was going to Mount Vernon with JW, who was covering for her.

Unless I missed something, that has been one of the only constants.

BBM

So are we to take it now that Beth and RR where also having an affair? (how many affairs does that make now?)

I think she meant BB went with JW to MV so JW could spend time with RR, not so BB could spend time with him.

BBM

So are we to take it now that Beth and RR where also having an affair? (how many affairs does that make now?)

Sorry, that was confusing, should have wrote, "BB went with JW to MV bc JW wanted to spend time with RR" (I'll go back & edit)

I am not verified.

If you would PM me(?) and let me know how to go about that

Also a while back there was a very useful post about who was verified, does WS update that info in the thread as new members are verified?

Why was it originally stated SS was the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend and now it is being stated B' from CHicago is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend?

Now you have posted B from Chicago is the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet that weekend?
Your post #43 from previous page:

Which is it? and why are you now reporting it was not SS she was supposed to meet but B from Chicago?

tia

Still looking for the SS info posts as being the mystery man Beth was supposed to meet.

A long time ago I said that we had to have specific monikers for these individuals because they are not the same person. Mystery Man got attached to SS incorrectly, so that everyone got confused. I tried to avoid it but it happened anyway.

Then the board took what they had and combined these people saying SS got 20K which is wrong, and saying that SS was the guy to meet, which he wasn't. I hope that it is clear now, or as clear as it can be.

Sorry, that was confusing, should have wrote, "BB went with JW to MV bc JW wanted to spend time with RR" (I'll go back & edit)

I am not verified.

Also a while back there was a very useful post about who was verified, does WS update that info in the thread as new members are verified?

bbm

This post tell you how to get verified.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IL IL - Benedetta "Beth" Bentley, 41, Woodstock/Centralia 23 May 2010 - Part 5

I am not verified.

Yes the post on who is verified was (is) nice. I would like to see it added and updated on the first post on each new thread that is started, but there is only so much work the mods can do I guess. Cubby can tell you what to do to get verified.

Thanks for the clarification on the RR situation. Don't need any more twists added in, we are already twisted all the way around that I think sometimes we are back were we started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alpha Zero