8.05.10 -Sources: 2 friends gave Terri Horman cell phones

All of them? That would be quite a stretch.

I thought the stretch was at diabolical and conniving. We don't know that about her. All we know is that people have said this stuff about her. We have yet to see any proof she's done even ONE thing they've said which could be diabolical OR conniving.

I have been pushed off the fence. I can think of no "innocent" reason for TH to have others purchase phones for her in this situation. This is the straw that broke the camel's back for me!

MOO

Just jumping off your post.

Has anyone had a feeling at sometime that something just isn't quite what it seems and you don't know why? That's how I feel about this case, just can't quite put my finger on it but know it's there.

I have decided at this time to also jump off the fence. However, I'm landing on the opposite side. JMO

Which is why I said yesterday that I'd love to know if the friend got a bat phone for herself. Was this a friend who feared she might be under surveillance herself?

Ironically, of all the stories we've heard about Terri, the bat phone(s) concern me the least. Perhaps that has to do with my feelings about privacy. What I choose to discuss on the phone, no matter how trivial or unsubstantial, is no one's business. If Terri were innocent and had truly provided all of the information she had to offer, her subsequent conversations would have no bearing on Kyron's case.

sbm

same here

Just jumping off your post.

Has anyone had a feeling at sometime that something just isn't quite what it seems and you don't know why? That's how I feel about this case, just can't quite put my finger on it but know it's there.

I have decided at this time to also jump off the fence. However, I'm landing on the opposite side. JMO
I sometimes have that feeling about this case. I still say TH is probably guilty, but that's a very tentative "probably".

To me, the LEAST likely reason for the phones was so Terri could discuss killing Kyron and hiding his body.
I'd guess the first one was bought for privacy, and the second one, because the minutes ran out on the first.

I thought the stretch was at diabolical and conniving. We don't know that about her. All we know is that people have said this stuff about her. We have yet to see any proof she's done even ONE thing they've said which could be diabolical OR conniving.

LOL... OK :sothere:

I can imagine giving a friend money - cash - if they were in trouble. But buying them a phone? If they are guilty, that ties me to them in a way that makes me look bad if they aren't using the phone for innocent purposes. So that's the difference to me. I would help, but I would not put myself directly in the way so I go down if they do. I would not put myself in jeopardy and get involved with the police by actually buying a phone for my friend. I would, however, give them the cash to buy their own phone - I'm wondering why that didn't happen. Why did these friends have to buy phones FOR her? I'm sure her lawyer could have sent out an assistant to buy her a phone if she needed one, or she could have ordered one and waited for it instead not being able to live without one.

Of course my best advice is stay off the dang phone as much as possible. Why people refuse to do that is beyond me. You don't want trouble, stay off the phone and internet! It may not seem like something you can live without, but it is! There was a time it didn't exist and all you could do was phone someone by a landline. Seriously, she created more trouble for herself because she couldn't live without a dang phone. Come on Terri, grow up and show some maturity here. Quit acting like you're in high school! Now is not the time to continue to play silly games with the police for crying out loud!

All of this is JMO. I'm sure there could be some innocent explanation for this, but it just doesn't seem likely to me. You don't spend hours with the GJ for giving a friend a phone for an innocent reason.

sbm

same here

I am wondering if she was in some sort of recovery program (where one has a sponsor) whether it was a post partum counselling session (these can be done by phone) or 12 step recovery -- :waitasec:

I guess we will have to wait and see, as with much else in this case, but it could have been as simple as Terri asking a friend (or two) to get her a phone, telling them that Kaine had cut hers off and she would probably soon living in Roseburg. I'm sure her friends would understand that it is not easy for her to go out to browse at Radio Shack just now.

I honestly can't say whether it would occur to me that I should call the police if my friend in this situation handed me a list of items she needed to start her next stage of her life (while moving out of home) and one of them was a Tracfone. Everyone needs a cell phone, more so if you will be driving distances.

As with everything it comes down to context...whether friends knew she was being sneaky or not and they still complied. And when this happened.

Well TH should have had her own phone. LE doesn't keep them. If it was taken away by whoever....why couldn't she go buy her own new phone and why would she need two of them?

What a waste of resources if this turns out to be a red herring. I blame Terri though. I am a privacy rights nut, but I think reasonable minds would agree that sometimes there are circumstances beyond one's control where one's right to privacy has to yield to some other more compelling interest. One such situation would be if a family member went missing under criminal circumstances. I would understand that my right to privacy would have to take a back seat to an investigation into that matter.

Well TH should have had her own phone. LE doesn't keep them. If it was taken away by whoever....why couldn't she go buy her own new phone and why would she need two of them?

That's what I don't get. Maybe some information is being left out. If the police took her phone why would they be baffled by her friend buying her a new one? Would they still need to investigate why her friend bought the phone? The police can't be that dumb that this is a big question to them.

Also, if her attorney told her she should get a new phone. Why won't he just say that's what he did. Why is he responding with a no comment type answer? What did he say? "I can't comment on that outside of court." Something like that? If my lawyer asked me to buy a new phone, and then left me out to dry like that, I think I would fire him.

Am I understanding this right?

That's what I don't get. Maybe some information is being left out. If the police took her phone why would they be baffled by her friend buying her a new one? Would they still need to investigate why her friend bought the phone? The police can't be that dumb that this is a big question to them.

Also, if her attorney told her she should get a new phone. Why won't he just say that's what he did. Why is he responding with a no comment type answer? What did he say? "I can't comment on that outside of court." Something like that? If my lawyer asked me to buy a new phone, and then left me out to dry like that, I think I would fire him.

Am I understanding this right?

Sounds like it. And it also sounds like her lawyer didn't have anything to do with these phones if he's saying a no comment type of thing. I'm wondering if the multiple bat phones came as a shock to him. The last thing a person should do is behavior their own criminal lawyer doesn't know about. I feel sorry in a way for Houze because it seems like Terri keeps shooting herself in the foot. How do you defend someone who keeps doing that? He is probably not happy with her right now, I would imagine. If she's not a lot more careful, he might not be around to defend her. JMO, of course.

But a new phone requires a service provider, and a contract (if we're staying away from limited-use phones). She has no home, no job, no money (we don't know where the $ for attorney came from, nor how much it actually is), no credit, no chance of getting a job right now, and is now notorious.

"Hi, my name is Terri Horman and I'd like to sign on for your service and get this nifty new smartphone here. However, I can't pay for it right now, and don't have credit. No, I don't work and can't right now, but boy, I'd sure like to have this nifty phone and a contract with lots and lots of minutes and texting and other capabilities. Sign me up, please." :angel:

Maybe the cell phones are gifts from friends that are the cheapest and most efficient way to give her short-term cell phone capability. I dunno, but frankly, I don't give a darn about her having new cellphones. If someone wants to give her a computer and a service contract with an ISP, that's up to them. It's not illegal to give or receive gifts; not illegal for a cell phone user or computer user to acquire new ones.

Seriously who would do that. I'm with the ones that think her friends have a big problem too. I guess birds of a feather. LOL The only way I would give my friend, family, neighbor who ever would ask that of me to help them with a phone. Who was being investigated for being the last person to be with the missing 7yr old.
Would be to get them the darn phone, but before I would take it to them I would go to the detective in charge of the investigation and give them all the info they needed to follow that phone.
I'm still hoping that whoever gave her the phone's are working with the detectives. There just might be an (Amber Frye) among them. fingers cross!

Shows what a "good friend" Terri is to her friends, to ask them to get involved in her legal mess by "aiding and abetting" and buying her cell phones.
With friends like that you don't need enemies.

I did a favor for a "friend" (someone I barely knew but considered a friend) when I was in my very early 20''s, she asked me to cash her grandmothers income tax refund check because her grandmother had no bank account. I was dumb and naive back then and deposited the check in my account then withdrew the money and gave it to her for her "grandmother". It turned out to be a stolen refund check and I did 8 years on federal probation for that. Thank God I had no previous record or I might have gone to jail- Federal Prison! So, that's why I say she must not think too much of her "good friends" to get them involved in her legal problems. The Feds don't care if you are naive and think you are just doing a friend a favor. They might wind up in some serious trouble. "Thanks, Terri!"

But a new phone requires a service provider, and a contract (if we're staying away from limited-use phones). She has no home, no job, no money (we don't know where the $ for attorney came from, nor how much it actually is), no credit, no chance of getting a job right now, and is now notorious.

"Hi, my name is Terri Horman and I'd like to sign on for your service and get this nifty new smartphone here. However, I can't pay for it right now, and don't have credit. No, I don't work and can't right now, but boy, I'd sure like to have this nifty phone and a contract with lots and lots of minutes and texting and other capabilities. Sign me up, please." :angel:

Maybe the cell phones are gifts from friends that are the cheapest and most efficient way to give her short-term cell phone capability. I dunno, but frankly, I don't give a darn about her having new cellphones. If someone wants to give her a computer and a service contract with an ISP, that's up to them. It's not illegal to give or receive gifts; not illegal for a cell phone user or computer user to acquire new ones.

True, but there's illegal, and then over here we have hinky.

A new phone and service contract require very little money out of pocket. And I don't think the service providers inquire as to whether people suspect you of anything, so her being Terri Horman shouldn't be an issue.

So why did she need two different friends to get her two different phones?

True, but there's illegal, and then over here we have hinky.

A new phone and service contract require very little money out of pocket. And I don't think the service providers inquire as to whether people suspect you of anything, so her being Terri Horman shouldn't be an issue.

So why did she need two different friends to get her two different phones?

And it didn't have to be "throw away" phones, where you buy "minutes" to keep it going. Her "friends" could have just added her to their already existing plan, got her a new phone w/ her own new number. Actually, a better thing for Terri to be added to someones plan, because those minutes burn up fast and since Terri has no income she would have a difficult time keeping minutes on a throw away phone. However, the "friend" would be stuck paying for Terri's cell phone usage.

Like I said before, Terri is a "user". JMO.

(Why did she need 2 different phones? Maybe one for sexting and one for texting. LOL)

What a waste of resources if this turns out to be a red herring. I blame Terri though. I am a privacy rights nut, but I think reasonable minds would agree that sometimes there are circumstances beyond one's control where one's right to privacy has to yield to some other more compelling interest. One such situation would be if a family member went missing under criminal circumstances. I would understand that my right to privacy would have to take a back seat to an investigation into that matter.

BBM

As would I.

Sounds like it. And it also sounds like her lawyer didn't have anything to do with these phones if he's saying a no comment type of thing. I'm wondering if the multiple bat phones came as a shock to him. The last thing a person should do is behavior their own criminal lawyer doesn't know about. I feel sorry in a way for Houze because it seems like Terri keeps shooting herself in the foot. How do you defend someone who keeps doing that? He is probably not happy with her right now, I would imagine. If she's not a lot more careful, he might not be around to defend her. JMO, of course.

I have a feeling her atty gets "shocks" regarding this case pretty much on a daily basis. I wonder if he's sorry he took this case on? I also get the feeling she is NOT being anything close to honest with him about the truth of the event(s). That will come back to bite her in the butt if this goes to trial. Also he can't arrange a plea deal for her if shes not telling the truth. Looks like Terri might be modeling her behavior after our little PPOF, Casey Anthony. Lie, Lie a little bit more, blame others, have a wild, outlandish, and unbeleiveable story/ alibi and keep your mouth shut if all else fails.

I have a feeling her atty gets "shocks" regarding this case pretty much on a daily basis. I wonder if he's sorry he took this case on? I also get the feeling she is NOT being anything close to honest with him about the truth of the event(s). That will come back to bite her in the butt if this goes to trial. Also he can't arrange a plea deal for her if shes not telling the truth. Looks like Terri might be modeling her behavior after our little PPOF, Casey Anthony. Lie, Lie a little bit more, blame others, have a wild, outlandish, and unbeleiveable story/ alibi and keep your mouth shut if all else fails.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle
Back