2010.09.07 - Ron talking to LE per AH on JVM

I am sure Tommy's lies played some part in his drug sentencing because the judge is human and thus not able to completely ignore everything else going on with this group. Some people can effectively ignore most of what they hear but still cannot "un-hear" what they have previously heard. It's similar to being in court and having a judge strike certain testimony. That judge orders the jury to not consider that testimony when deciding the case, but there is no way for the judge to order them to un-hear it.

I do think, though, that Werter hurt his client more than helped him.

Taken from some things heard in interviews I'm beginning to believe this process is being used. In other words, kick off your shoes, lean back in the lazy boys and eat some fruit loops. The wheels of justice are grinding.

http://library.findlaw.com/2005/Feb/21/138691.html
That was a very interesting read, & if this is what's being used, Ron doesn't have the upper hand at all, so he'd better be careful. & reading this really makes me wonder how much involvement Ron's gonna admit to. I'm guessing a lot, because after all of this time, he's finally admitting to the gun fight. After reading this, I get the feeling that these agreements are saved for some pretty guilty people...people who have aided, abetted, & participated in cover-ups. & if they don't honor their end of the agreement, it's just that much easier to prosecute them.

I made another post after my little mini rant and it's not here. Did I just exit out of it? (LOL, wouldn't surprise me)

Anyway, thank you krk for your informative post #357. I posted my mini rant before I saw your post.

And now I can't thank anyone. I just need to exit out altogether I guess. I'll try again later.

I think the judge viewed Tommy as a petty criminal of long standing. He had charges pending when he was arrested for trafficking and his prior arrests had not made him tow the mark at all. As for him being sentenced because of Haleigh, I am not so sure we can assume that just because Haleigh's name was brought up during his sentencing that the judge pronounced a harsher sentence due to the Haleigh case. Tommy's attorney brought Haleigh's name up...and the SA had to respond to the claim that Tommy had helped LE. IWO, Werter tried to use Haleigh's case as a sort of defense for Tommy--claiming he had cooperated--but the SA didn't see that he had cooperated at all, and stated that. Had Werter not brought up Haleigh's name I doubt the SA would have made the statement that he did. JMO.

The State Attorney took a long time to prove Tommy was not just a small time dealer of drugs. That he had the connections to provide as many pills as needed by the buyer. And his method of acquiring the drugs also proved he had been doing this for a long time to have built up his connections confidence so that person would sell him large amounts of drugs.

In my opinion the state did an excellent job. I didn't feel the sentence had anything to do with the HaLeigh case. Werter is the one that kept bring up Tommy's information given about HaLeigh and the State knocked down any creditability to Tommy's statements. The State Attorney said Tommy gave them nothing but LIES.

Taken from some things heard in interviews I'm beginning to believe this process is being used. In other words, kick off your shoes, lean back in the lazy boys and eat some fruit loops. The wheels of justice are grinding.

Thanks for the link, I didn't get through it all but I get the jist of it.

Just as I thought, those working to find Haleigh and justice for her have Daddy right where they want him. He will sink his own ship. I hope Ron has his life jacket handy because he's going to need it real soon.

Even though the information you gave the link to is for federal cases I assume it works the same way for state cases?

JMO

Thanks for the link, I didn't get through it all but I get the jist of it.

Just as I thought, those working to find Haleigh and justice for her have Daddy right where they want him. He will sink his own ship. I hope Ron has his life jacket handy because he's going to need it real soon.

Even though the information you gave the link to is for federal cases I assume it works the same way for state cases?

JMO

Hi Twall, yes it works the same from everything I've read so far. The link I posted seemed to explain it best. It does seem to be somewhat revolving law over the years. I'll tell you it's new to me but quite educational at the same time. Lots of legal wrangling going on at this point. A search will provide several links on proffer and "queen for a day" agreements.

Yes I did read of proffers in the state of Fla, KP also mentioned it at the beginning of Levi's radio show 2 nights ago which if everyone missed might listen to, it was informative regarding legal strategies including reduction of sentences ect. - Don't understand it all yet.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/09/09/levi-page-show

Oh yeah, I almost forgot about that! IMO, the "we" that they are referring to is TERESA. Even Lt. Greenwood said that Teresa was there that evening. Teresa comment about sending a family member over there, that's not really implying that she wasn't with this family member. Just a thought.

So this "we" individual could shed some light on the situation and she's already been on NG.:dance:

JMO of course

Whoa! So you think the "we" individual could be TERESA? WOW, I hope Aunt Lisa marched down to LE and set the record straight ... "Misty must have me confused with Teresa." I know if I wasnt there and Misty pulled my name out of thin air, I'd be on LE doorstep with GMS so she could clear that piece of information up. The visit per GMS and the "we" individual is a critical part of the timeline, this was the last time anyone in the Cummings family saw lil Haleigh alive. Im sure the Cummings family would want this cleared up ... wouldnt they? JMHO

The State Attorney took a long time to prove Tommy was not just a small time dealer of drugs. That he had the connections to provide as many pills as needed by the buyer. And his method of acquiring the drugs also proved he had been doing this for a long time to have built up his connections confidence so that person would sell him large amounts of drugs.
In my opinion the state did an excellent job. I didn't feel the sentence had anything to do with the HaLeigh case. Werter is the one that kept bring up Tommy's information given about HaLeigh and the State knocked down any creditability to Tommy's statements. The State Attorney said Tommy gave them nothing but LIES.

Tommy a BIG TIME DEALER? Frankly, I really don't believe that...JMHO

Whoa! So you think the "we" individual could be TERESA? WOW, I hope Aunt Lisa marched down to LE and set the record straight ... "Misty must have me confused with Teresa." I know if I wasnt there and Misty pulled my name out of thin air, I'd be on LE doorstep with GMS so she could clear that piece of information up. The visit per GMS and the "we" individual is a critical part of the timeline, this was the last time anyone in the Cummings family saw lil Haleigh alive. Im sure the Cummings family would want this cleared up ... wouldnt they? JMHO

I don't think so.. I doubt anyone in Ronald's family wants anything cleared up..JMHO

Tommy a BIG TIME DEALER? Frankly, I really don't believe that...JMHO

I don't see Tommy as a big time dealer, but as a small time dealer of long standing.

Thanks for this Peliman! It was a great read. After reading this, if this is what process is being used i feel much better about the deal Ron has made.....

as i have said before....give em a rope they'll hang themselves.

i would prefer to sit with a miller lite and some popcorn :)

One would think people would want their name out of this mess. The only thing that TN wanted cleared up, during the last 18-19 months is that Ron is highly intelligent :waitasec:, a GREAT father :sick:, he was at work :sick:, and Misty is the BEST girlfriend EVER. :dance:

JMO

I don't think TN has ever cleared up anything other than that.

Mahalo for the link Peli, such a great read! One word .... BACHI!

Too much crime goes unpunished, NOT this time. Somebody/somebodies are going down and probably Ron himself!

Proffer + Risk = Justice for lil Haleigh

JMHO

(snipped)

I guess we'll see if the same admonishments are handed down to the father of this missing child who was also out dealing drugs instead of looking for his 'heart' or setting a good example for his remaining son(s). I certainly hope so. I also hope the judge will admonish Ronald for not coming forward before his butt was on the line with what he knows about the night/morning of February 9th/10th of 2009. I expect it and I want to hear it!

:clap:

BRAVO!

Thanks for posting this Papa.

Interesting what was said: "Any lawful proceeding." Ron's got to tell the truth in any case they bring to court.

I noticed in the video that when the attorney states the charges to be dropped in the course of this agreement, Ron turns his head to the right and seems to nod to someone. Anyone else recognize it that way?

jmo

I noticed that as well, azwriter. First, I just assumed that he was nodding to family members but aren't the family usually sitting behind the defendant?

Kolo, I always found it hard to believe that the aunt was there with GMSykes that evening. Just look at how that information unfolded. It is my belief that Teresa was trying to refute the claims of Misty not being at the mh that evening....Teresa needed away to place Misty at the mh and to be seen by someone in the Cummings family AFTER Ron went to work. Kinda like "she was there because I sent a family member over there and they saw HER".

First
-Teresa claims that "she sent a family member over" to check on the kids. She did not mention who this family member was. And she said she sent A family member over, not plural. so I assumed she sent one person over there.

Then
-GMSykes comes to her defense and claims that SHE was the one that stopped by the mh that evening. And although we heard alot of "we", GMSykes didn't mention who was with her that evening.

-Misty, initially, did not mention that GMSykes had been at the mh Feb.9th. We did not hear Misty admit to her being there until August, I think. And then Misty is the one who brought up the Aunt being there as well. That was the first time we heard that name.

IMO, Teresa and GMSykes were together that evening. I was thinking that maybe when all this happened, Misty was told not to mention them being there or Misty was not present when that visit occurred.

So, IMO, Misty had to add that little bit of information in August because Teresa and GMSykes had already put it out there to the public. So, once again, they needed Misty to back up that part of the story. And Misty did just that. But not until August when Teresa demanded that Misty be tested AGAIN with the help of Nejame and Tim Miller.

There is no doubt in my mind that Teresa and the Cummings put Misty in the hot seat and then set out to destroy her credibility. For their own purposes.

JMO of course

Hi guys, I haven't read all the posts on this thread but I wanted to add my 2 cents.

I think this is actually a VERY good sign that LE knows and thinks that Ron played a role and has knowledge concerning the Haleigh Cummings case.

I think LE basically had Ron backed into a corner on the drug trafficking charges and Ron knows they have something "explosive" against him concerning the Haleigh investigation that they have not yet released to the public.

So I think Ron took a gamble and agreed to give them info. The info Ron gave the SA, cannot be used against him in any future case, BUT the catch is, the SA/LE can supplement the info, investigate the info he gives and use what they gain from other sources against him in any future trial.

Furthermore, this means that LE/SA got to basically grill the heck out of Ron and put him under a cross exam from HELL. Because in this scenario, there would be no judge there to over rule their questions, and Ron basically has to give an answer, or the prosecution wouldn't "play ball" with him.

We've had Misty talk, Tommy talk, but Ron hasn't talked. This is a man that has lawered up very early on. Now he has finally talked.

This proves once and for all, that he is a target (maybe even the main target) in LE's investigation into whatever happened to Haleigh.

Also, if the SA/LE can prove that Ron lied to them concerning any info, all deals are off and he gets the max. The judge even warned Ron about that during his last court appearance.

Hi guys, I haven't read all the posts on this thread but I wanted to add my 2 cents.

I think this is actually a VERY good sign that LE knows and thinks that Ron played a role and has knowledge concerning the Haleigh Cummings case.

I think LE basically had Ron backed into a corner on the drug trafficking charges and Ron knows they have something "explosive" against him concerning the Haleigh investigation that they have not yet released to the public.

So I think Ron took a gamble and agreed to give them info. The info Ron gave the SA, cannot be used against him in any future case, BUT the catch is, the SA/LE can supplement the info, investigate the info he gives and use what they gain from other sources against him in any future trial.

Furthermore, this means that LE/SA got to basically grill the heck out of Ron and put him under a cross exam from HELL. Because in this scenario, there would be no judge there to over rule their questions, and Ron basically has to give an answer, or the prosecution wouldn't "play ball" with him.

We've had Misty talk, Tommy talk, but Ron hasn't talked. This is a man that has lawered up very early on. Now he has finally talked.

This proves once and for all, that he is a target (maybe even the main target) in LE's investigation into whatever happened to Haleigh.

Also, if the SA/LE can prove that Ron lied to them concerning any info, all deals are off and he gets the max. The judge even warned Ron about that during his last court appearance.

Your posts always make me feel a little better, Levi, that LE and SA may definitely be on top of this case. Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back