NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just spoke with a detective and he said they have people on the online things. Very nice man. Gave him my info and we spoke for a bit.

I feel so much better after speaking with him. He assured me that they have it covered as far as online goes.

<snipped>

Hey I resemble that remark! I met my BF online and we are together nine years...He is the most responsible and good man I have ever known! ...and he puts up with me and my passions...thats a big plus!! LOL!

Met my husband online as well.
Very large paintbrush swipe on that one.

"Zahra Clare Baker had a "horrible home life" and was frequently locked in her room, a relative said Tuesday.

Zahra was reported missing about 2 p.m. Saturday. Police have said her father, Adam Baker, and stepmother, Elisa Baker, reported she was last seen sleeping in her bed about 12 hours earlier, at 2:30 a.m."

No one can say yet that they have seen Zahra within the last month, yet the father reports that she was in her bed 12 hours before he reports her missing. I'm sorry but unless he blindly believes anything his wife tells him, then he's involved in this homicide of his daughter as well. This is just terrible.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/12/missing-n-c-girls-stepmom-admits-she-wrote-ransom-note/?hpt=T2

I assume police know things that are causing them to be sure Zahra didn't run away. But the more we learn about her home life, the more motivation for running away I'm seeing. And given that there were relatives who were concerned about her safety at home, she could well have had help running away. I don't think it's likely that she actually ran away, given what police are saying and doing, but if *only* she had . . . If she'd run away even briefly, and been found by a stranger or caring relatives noticed they suddenly weren't able to reach her, DSS would have been forced to get seriously involved before it was too late.

This story just makes me feel like every child should be taught that running away is an option, when you really don't feel safe at home, or at some location your parents/guardians have taken you. Teach them to run away during daylight hours if possible, to a location with lots of people if possible, and just ask someone, *anyone*, to call 911 because you need police to help you -- and if the first person you ask doesn't start dialing right away, or tries to touch you, KEEP RUNNING until you find somebody else.

I am wondering, did this little girl ever set foot in the house on 21st Avenue N.W. in Hickory? Or was she already deceased when they moved. They have lived there 6 weeks, but it seems nobody ever saw her there at all.

Honestly I think if we could see some good video or photo's of her room so we could see if her bedroom looked like it was lived in by 10yr or just arraigned by an adult.

I was unfortunately way to close to a case of child abuse that ended in death and I can tell you when I sat in the court room listening to witnesses I was livid-I watched neighbor after neighbor testify to witnessing horrible abuse but not a one of them every called it in- one woman testified that she heard the child screaming in the night and actually left her home and stood outside the window listening to what was going on but she never said anything until after the baby was dead.

People just don't want to be wrong and accuse someone- we still live in a society where family privacy is ingrained in our minds.
It needs to be clearer to people that it is better to call it in and be wrong that to not call it in and be right.

Okay, I went and found Zahra's trailer and talked with the neighbors. I tried to get some pictures but my camera said something about needing to format the sd card. It said if I did I would have to delete my pictures, so I just left to go get my daughter. While waiting on her I took the sd card out and put it back in and then turned the camera on and it worked. So after getting my dd, I went back to trailer park and was going to take some pictures but the current renter came out and looked at me real hateful. I asked him if it was okay to take pics and he said he would rather I didn't so I apologized and got the heck out of there. So no new pics. I did look for the area where Zahra was in the pic and didn't see it but there were trailers on the other side of the trailer park and it could of been taken over there.

Also, the nice people I talked to the first time said that two detectives came out today and talked to them and the cops had been out there yesterday. They said all kinds of news people have been out there too. They also said that they thought the right person was in custody.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I am too timid and shy to tell them I am going to take the pics anyway. It so much easier this morning when no one lived there and no one was around. I have never seen so many people out on their porches. They must of been waiting to stare down the next person who came into their neighborhood.

Question about the Phillip Lane address--the rap sheet shows both 4010 Phillip Lane and 4100 Phillip Lane. Which one is correct?
4010 is the one i just saw and it was confirmed by the next door neighbors.

Okay, I went and found Zahra's trailer and talked with the neighbors. I tried to get some pictures but my camera said something about needing to format the sd card. It said if I did I would have to delete my pictures, so I just left to go get my daughter. While waiting on her I took the sd card out and put it back in and then turned the camera on and it worked. So after getting my dd, I went back to trailer park and was going to take some pictures but the current renter came out and looked at me real hateful. I asked him if it was okay to take pics and he said he would rather I didn't so I apologized and got the heck out of there. So no new pics. I did look for the area where Zahra was in the pic and didn't see it but there were trailers on the other side of the trailer park and it could of been taken over there.

Also, the nice people I talked to the first time said that two detectives came out today and talked to them and the cops had been out there yesterday. They said all kinds of news people have been out there too. They also said that they thought the right person was in custody.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help. I am too timid and shy to tell them I am going to take the pics anyway. It so much easier this morning when no one lived there and no one was around. I have never seen so many people out on their porches. They must of been waiting to stare down the next person who came into their neighborhood.
YOu have no reason to be sorry!!! You did good real good and we ALL thank you!

After watching this video the piece of orange equipment to me looks like a wood splitter, not a wood chipper, you can see where there is split wood stacked up right past the equipment, I have also noticed when looking at the house it looks like it has a fireplace, so I would guess that they were cutting down trees and splitting the wood to get ready for winter...That is not to say that someone who does landscaping does not have access to a wood chipper but I have yet to see one of those in the videos..Good question though. And if there has been access to a chipper LE will still be able to get DNA and blood evidence from one of those.

They have a fireplace? The police need to check it...I hope they didn't burn her up in it! That thought just sickens me!

I though I read that her bio mom has searched for her for 5 years, so she has been continually looking. But she also has a grandmother in Austrailia:waitasec:

Such a tragedy for this poor child, all that she has endured. :furious:

You did the right thing.

bless you kcsmon76, you gone above and beyond. I am actually glad you respected the current occupant's wishes on the photos. Much as I would like to see photos of the place I feel for the neighborhood and the media attention and lookyloos that will be up their butts the next few weeks.

Thanks for all the scoping out and legwork you have already put into this thing! We are all really lucky to have a local so near to the scene who is willing and able to give us the inside view.

I am wondering, did this little girl ever set foot in the house on 21st Avenue N.W. in Hickory? Or was she already deceased when they moved. They have lived there 6 weeks, but it seems nobody ever saw her there at all.

When I was talking to the neighbors I did ask that question and they said Zahra DID leave the house with them because she had two cats she had to leave behind because "they wouldn't let her have them" at the new house. Who they are I don't know if it was the step-monster/dad or the new landlords.

Just because they KNOW she has been murdered... does not mean that this precious little girl should be left wherever they put her.

I don't care if they found tissue and blood in the cars and they know she is dead. They need to be searching for her body. How often do you "have a place to start" in a search? You start around the two residences, or any other areas the step mother was known to be around that would be a likely place to hide a body.

This police chief was breaking my heart...but I do not understand not being able to search because you don't know when she was last seen. Just because she was last seen here....doesn't mean that is where you will find her.

Unless there was an out of state or out of country trip and they think she might have been killed then and were trying to verify if she was there when they returned... that's the only reason I can think of. If that was the case, I think he would have specified.

Haleigh, Gabriel, Kiesha, Lauryn, Cecilia, Caylee, Ethan, Susan.... some have questionable missing dates, all have questionable last locations, suspected caretaker involvement, possible/confirmed homicides and all were looked for and/or found.

If we only searched for people who's last location we could confirm... we would not be searching for very many. That's why they are missing.

I am glad to see they are now searching somewhere at least. Likely because of a tip.

Why report her missing NOW if she has been missing for a while?

Halloween was coming and family would probably expect pictures of Zahra in her costume. You could explain that away as her being sick or in the hospital.

Far more compelling than that however is the fact that Zahra's birthday is November 16. Her birthday was a little over a month away. Sick, in the hospital or not... Grandma would call to say happy birthday.

Then you also have Thanksgiving and Christmas after that too.

if stepmom threatens adults with tazer guns and is a known abuser of this child what are the odds that she tazered Zahra and put her into cardiac arrest?

This was my first thought upon reading the word taser.

Certain kinds of Chemotherapy can weaken the heart as well. This is not a common side effect but does happen. Sometimes it is reversible IF there is good follow up care. However, it would also be discovered during the follow up care.

I'm thinking the odds that Zahra got good follow up after she went into remission in 2008... are pretty slim. I am also guessing her 2008 treatment was pretty harsh since it was the second round and the cancer had apparently spread.

So there is a risk of cardiac arrest from being tasered... there is a chance she had a weakened heart from chemo... and this would increase the chance of her going into cardiac arrest from being tasered.

So do you mean turn right onto 8th Street Drive NW and follow it until it turns into 9th Street NW and the water shed is on the left right after it turns into 9th Street NW?

If you mean just after your turn onto 8th Street Drive NW, there appears to be a road into the woods on the left.

Sorry...didnt realize 8th St Dr nw turned into 9th st!! Yes...road immediately on left. Just rode by....one unmarked car with hazard lights on and an suv K-9 unit. A male with a large dog was coming out of the woods as I rode by. I was in a convertible....heard some banging noise going on in the woods where this water shed/pump building is?!

I assume police know things that are causing them to be sure Zahra didn't run away. But the more we learn about her home life, the more motivation for running away I'm seeing. And given that there were relatives who were concerned about her safety at home, she could well have had help running away. I don't think it's likely that she actually ran away, given what police are saying and doing, but if *only* she had . . . If she'd run away even briefly, and been found by a stranger or caring relatives noticed they suddenly weren't able to reach her, DSS would have been forced to get seriously involved before it was too late.

This story just makes me feel like every child should be taught that running away is an option, when you really don't feel safe at home, or at some location your parents/guardians have taken you. Teach them to run away during daylight hours if possible, to a location with lots of people if possible, and just ask someone, *anyone*, to call 911 because you need police to help you -- and if the first person you ask doesn't start dialing right away, or tries to touch you, KEEP RUNNING until you find somebody else.

I know it's unrealistic, but I almost wish there was a safe house where you can bring children that you know are being abused, and then their situation gets investigated while the child stays there. I almost wish we could start an "underground railroad" for such kids, but even that would probably be abused by a pedophile.

Also, if the father was in the US without the proper papers, it would make it easier to make the child "disappear" or to have her sent back to her home country. Too bad no one took the time to do some research -- it may have been something to hold over the dad's head once you saw he was allowing the SM to abuse the daughter. But one has to have courage to do it-- and sometimes other family members talk you out of it.

When my late husband and I realized his daughter was being abused by his ex, we had many debates over what to do. Finally, the ex allowed the girl to come live with us for a year and a half. If that had not happened, I would have reported it even though my husband did not want me to for fear his daughter would be put in the foster care system. (We lived out of the country). He was right to be concerned. The options out there for protecting kids are not that great. :-(

So per the next door neighbors at 4010 Phillip Lane, Hudson, NC, 28638, Zahra DID leave with her step-monster and Dad. So I am wondering since Zahra so obviously didn't want to leave her two cats, maybe the step-monster got tired of hearing about it and maybe killed her in a fit of rage and that is why the new neighbors never saw her?? Just thinking out loud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrian33