NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep taking short time-outs from this thread.....trying to do some normal things like laundry and dishes. When I come back, its hard to get caught up reading! Really wishing they could find out what happened...

When I was talking to the neighbors I did ask that question and they said Zahra DID leave the house with them because she had two cats she had to leave behind because "they wouldn't let her have them" at the new house. Who they are I don't know if it was the step-monster/dad or the new landlords.

Ugh, how sad.

Sighing very heavily again. :(

Reminder and request to all: watch out for not only your own children, but everyone elses, also.

When I was talking to the neighbors I did ask that question and they said Zahra DID leave the house with them because she had two cats she had to leave behind because "they wouldn't let her have them" at the new house. Who they are I don't know if it was the step-monster/dad or the new landlords.

How cruel... to be made to leave her kitties behind!!!! I just want to scream and then punch step-monster and dad.

I keep taking short time-outs from this thread.....trying to do some normal things like laundry and dishes. When I come back, its hard to get caught up reading! Really wishing they could find out what happened...

Me too sweety. I waited to log on this morning and when I did I got a huge, sad update. I will tell you Channel 9 and Channel 3 and Channel 36 news are dragging their feet on this story. I am a local and am finding out more from others than I am on the news.

Sorry...didnt realize 8th St Dr nw turned into 9th st!! Yes...road immediately on left. Just rode by....one unmarked car with hazard lights on and an suv K-9 unit. A male with a large dog was coming out of the woods as I rode by. I was in a convertible....heard some banging noise going on in the woods where this water shed/pump building is?!

Prayers that she is found!

Here is a screenshot of the area...

ZBaker.jpg

Sorry for all the run-ons and bad sentences. I thinking faster than I can type and have made MANY mistakes. I know you all understand what I am trying to convey though.

I can't get to myspace from work - what is on their that the detectives are looking in to?

I would most certainly think that taking cadaver dogs out searching the woods around the homes would not hurt. I think she will be found close to home within a 5 mile radius, jmho............

I don't know why it bothers me so much that she was made to leave her cats behind. Sad for the cats (hopefully someone took them in) and sad because when I was a kid and had so many horrible things going on in my life (including cancer) my cat was one of my best friends. He didn't look at me funny because I had no hair, was either too skinny or too puffy (depending on what meds I was on) or that I couldn't do much more than lay around.
I'd like to think that someone took this sweet angel to protect and love but isn't really being realistic. The next best thing is that wherever she is, she's whole again, can run and play and have all the cat to love that she wants.

O/T- I would like to let everyone know what my past experience has been in trying to get CPS to go and check on a child that I had great concern with, This has been approx 3 years ago, And I really don't want to get into the detail of this child because it is still not known that I am the one who made this report...But I can say that the immediate family had great concerns about this child but they were scared to call CPS because they did not want this mother to have her only child ripped from her, But I have a family member that was in contact with the family members that were concerned, so this is how I was being given information on this child, Now I will say that this was not a abuse case as much as the child was being neglected (which I feel is also a form of abuse)...So I called CPS and gave them the mothers name, child's name, address and all of the information that I had on this neglect...I was told that I would be called by the investigator IF they decided to open a case...As time went on I kept getting more information about this child but no call from CPS Investigator, I had also given my name to CPS, It took me calling 6 times to get them to finally open and Investigation for this poor child, and to this date CPS is still involved in monitoring this child...So for someone to call and either give there name or call in an anonymous tip it is not like they just say OK we will start an investigation...So in my opinion it is not fair to blame friends or family members who you may think did not call CPS they very well may have called and nothing was done, and if the family is aware that one family member has already called they may feel that there is no reason for numerous members to call....I will also say to anyone out there that is aware of neglect or abuse just because you may know a call has already been made, Make one yourself the more people who call in will possibly get an investigation started sooner...Just wanted to tell everyone my experience on this subject.

They could have pitbulls though. :furious::furious::furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member