GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those here who also posted on the Lachlan Cranswick thread will recall that we had a very open, frank discussion of the possible true relationship between JS and RW. I'll hunt that page and give link in an edit if time permits. If others are speedier than I at that, please feel free to edit it for me.
thanks.

I was too slow for the edit. Here's the info:

Below is the link to Lachlan Cranswick Thread #4, post # 122 by a member who has not posted for too long. He gives 2 links to comparison photos of JS and RW. You must be a member and logged-in for his links to work.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105966&page=5

Information on Vehicle Canvas (from Day 2 of Statement of Agreed Facts, Page 288)

Note****

RW's Pathfinder was a 2001. The Nissan Pathfinder's that fit the profile for the tracks found at JL's home, were 1998-1999. So, RW's vehicle would have been excluded from the MTO list, because of his year, if they were using a narrow and specific record search, as indicated below.

As the witness had described a truck or SUV, cars were excluded according to the tire tracks.

Vehicles capbable of making the impression include:

a. 1996-2002 Toyota Forerunner
b. 1999-2004 Jeep Cherokees
c. 1998-1999 Nissan Pathfinders

A vehicle canvas of all vehicles registered to people in Belleville and surrounding area that match the descriptions generated from the observations at JL's residence, based on MTO records.

The canvas generated 450 vehicles, 178 of which were located, and who's owners were questioned by police.

If any of the vehicles and tires matched the profile generated by MTO and RCMP, the drivers were asked to pull to the side of the road for additional questions, besides the standard questionaire that officers were using at the check.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/pdf/williams-agreed-day2.pdf

Mark Mendelson, a retired homicide investigator, said Williams has the air of someone who does not think he is about to get caught.

"He just thought he was going to outsmart everybody else and talk his way right out of it," Mendelson told CTV Toronto after viewing the video of the confession.

The fact that Smyth calls him "Russell" is significant, said Mendelson, because it puts the detective and Williams on an even playing field.

"That hierarchy's gone now, that special status is gone. So that brings him down," said Mendelson.

Perry said the killer's body language reveals that his defeat is beginning to sink in.

Williams hunches his shoulders. He stays silent for long periods of time.

It's at this point where Williams "is absorbing everything that's just been said to him and that's for the first time that he knows that he's caught," Perry said.

In the Williams interview, it became clear that his relationship with his wife was very important, which Smyth keyed into when he offered him the chance to minimize the impact on his spouse.

Retired homicide investigator Steve Roberts told The Canadian Press that investigators such as Smyth always try to find a suspect's weakness and use it to their advantage.

That's why investigators will typically study up on their subject before entering the interrogation room, carefully reviewing the items found in police searches.

They look for a way to open up a suspect and to get them to start talking.
"The non-verbals are ringing loud and clear on this one. He is leaning forward, he's actually nodding in agreement with everything that's being said to him," he said.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...nterrogation-101022/20101022/?hub=CalgaryHome

An Ontario Provincial Police spokeswoman says if there's damage after police search a home, an owner can seek compensation.

Sgt. Kristine Rae says such a request was made for the Williams residence, and it was granted.

Rae would not confirm if it was Williams' wife, Mary-Elizabeth Harriman, who asked for the compensation, or how much money was given for the repairs.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...ayers-damages-williams-101022?hub=CalgaryHome

I bet this happens a lot more than the general public realize and the only reason it got any media attention this time around was because of the high-profile case.

WOW!! summer. I think we should flag your post for future reference.

On Monday (10/18/2010) a new warden, Jay Pyke, officially took charge of the Kingston Pen. Just coincidence that the same day was the beginning of the sentencing hearing, I'm sure.

The article at the first link states that RW has been put in the same cell (???) with an ex-policeman turned killer who was convicted of first degree murder. Automatic life sentence, right?

RW best pray that there is never a malfunction of the security camera.

On Monday (10/18/2010) a new warden, Jay Pyke, officially took charge of the Kingston Pen. Just coincidence that the same day was the beginning of the sentencing hearing, I'm sure.

The article at the first link states that RW has been put in the same cell (???) with an ex-policeman turned killer who was convicted of first degree murder. Automatic life sentence, right?

I think he means they are housed in the same cell block, not that they are in the same cell itself.

I think he means they are housed in the same cell block, not that they are in the same cell itself.

From the Belleville Intelligencer:

"Williams is now a cellmate of another once-respected man in uniform turned killer, Richard Wills. Wills, a former Toronto police officer, was convicted in 2007 of murdering his mistress, a 40-year-old woman whose body was found sealed in a large plastic garbage container in the basement of Wills' home four months after she disappeared. "

Cellmate. Of course, the media does make mistakes from time to time.

I suspect that RW will also be treated like PB, because it is the prison's responsibility to ensure his safety. No doubt when he leaves his isolated cell, all other movement in the prison will be halted.

Kingston Pen has been home to infamous sex slayer Paul Bernardo for 15 years. He is held in a super-secure segregation unit along with other notorious killers like Michael Briere, who raped and dismembered 10-year-old Holly Jones in Toronto in 2003. Bernardo does not have any contact with the other 400 convicts at Kingston Penitentiary. Whenever Bernardo leaves his isolated cellblock, all other movement in the prison is halted.

http://www.torontosun.com/news/canada/2010/10/21/15783796.html

From watching the confession tapes, he seemed to me to be a person who had trouble connecting with people. Sort of a social outcast. Basically, a big giant nerd.

....or a big polished _urd !

I had been wondering about RW's concern for his cat when he absolutely has no concern for human life.

I had to wonder if rw's comment in letter to MEh, "take good care of sweet Rosie" was in code or euphemism for something else.

Pyke was installed in a special ceremony:

http://www.ckwstv.com/index.cfm?page=news&id=3481

He is said to have made a rapid rise in his career. He also has some experience that might be helpful:

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/pa/ocspray/index-eng.shtml

As for that RW roommate, there was a determination made that he has NPD, after some muddling over "not criminally responsible".

http://www3.thestar.com/static/PDF/071030_wills.pdf

I truly believe that RW's wife knew nothing. She may have known he had a fetish for lingerie and wanted her to wear it, but I doubt very much that she thought he WAS wearing it.

Don't forget - RW was here on IR (Imposed Restriction) which means you are posted somewhere without your family temporarily while on that assignment. His home was Ottawa. They probably saw each other only every other weekend (if that), she would have had no idea what was going on. Would she question why her husband wasn't home every night at 9:00 pm? Of course not! The Wing Comd's schedule isn't 9-5 Monday to Friday. He has to maintain his currency by flying, attending meetings, travelling, etc.

What REALLY, really has me ticked off, is the fact that Mary Elizabeth threatened to sue the OPP for scratching up her wood floors. How DARE she!!! The money that she (they) make and the circumstances and she's crying over $3,000 to fix her floors? The GALL of that woman!

Any sympathy I felt for her, is long gone. :furious:

I truly believe that RW's wife knew nothing. She may have known he had a fetish for lingerie and wanted her to wear it, but I doubt very much that she thought he WAS wearing it.

Don't forget - RW was here on IR (Imposed Restriction) which means you are posted somewhere without your family temporarily while on that assignment. His home was Ottawa. They probably saw each other only every other weekend (if that), she would have had no idea what was going on. Would she question why her husband wasn't home every night at 9:00 pm? Of course not! The Wing Comd's schedule isn't 9-5 Monday to Friday. He has to maintain his currency by flying, attending meetings, travelling, etc.

What REALLY, really has me ticked off, is the fact that Mary Elizabeth threatened to sue the OPP for scratching up her wood floors. How DARE she!!! The money that she (they) make and the circumstances and she's crying over $3,000 to fix her floors? The GALL of that woman!

I am pretty sure she must have had an inkling about his fetish, though, maybe not that he wore it.

Andy Lloyd summed it up perfectly, and the disdain was clearly evident in his comments and face yesterday, when he was discussing what you say about the floors, and about the $1,400 lamp.

As he said, her floors were scratched when LE was lugging boxes of stolen bras out of her house, taken from her husbands victims.

Her FLOORS and LAMP are what she is worried about? Umm, okay. :waitasec:

The rest of the world shudders in horror and disbelief.

He only took up duties in Trenton in July 2009 with his wife living in Ottawa but his crimes were taking place in Orlean's long before that when his wife did indeed live with him..

I agree with your post about the floors. I am angry myself about, we, the public taxpayers paying for the bastards floors. After the time of the floors being scratched, MEH could have been in a state of grief loss (IMO) from hearing that your husband, partner in life and lover had done such horrific crimes and kept trophies in your own home. I am wondering if she was in her "angry" stage of grief loss when this happened, as I cannot get over someone complaining about scratches after what has transpired. I wonder today if she regrets pursuing about the damaged floors (especially after the detailed news of the crimes this week) It would be nice to know this, but we never will. My sympathy is long gone for her as well, I am just trying to understand WHY she would go after something so petty after the huge criminal and twisted case that her husband caused.

The stages of grief loss:denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance

He only took up duties in Trenton in July 2009 with his wife living in Ottawa but his crimes were taking place in Orlean's long before that when his wife did indeed live with him..

Oh yes, absolutely that's true.

I'm only talking about the assaults/rapes/murders timeline.

I also think that if the wife had any heart, she would have paid for (or at least reimburse) Jessica Lloyds family with the funeral expenses. Marie-France had hers funded by DND...not because she is responsible, but because it's the right thing to do.

I'm sure they had a sizable JOINT bank account. Shame. :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member