Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So according to Ray from wcnc they are back at Christy Rd and have it blocked. Shay, our on the ground reporter, any news?

So according to Ray from wcnc they are back at Christy Rd and have it blocked. Shay, our on the ground reporter, any news?

We don't have a clue which part of Christie they've blocked off?

Locals? Help us out, please, if you can.

Daisy is saying you're fine, TK. Short updates about search moves are helpful and most welcome here. :)

kinda felt like i was getting yelled at for shouting out to our vets today :waitasec:

OT Hey Peliman! How are you?

Twitter is reporting they are back on Christy Rd with road block.

Which I really confused :waitasec:

kinda felt like i was getting yelled at for shouting out to our vets today :waitasec:

Not at all. There were 2 search threads, when we only need one. That's it. :blowkiss:

Pine Mnt, Christy Rd, W of 321. Slightly N up Christy I believe.

Would they block the road from where you're saying they are, all the way up to Mount Caramel Church? That's a whole lot of road. Not seeing any other church along Christie, but maybe I'm just missing it. :waitasec:

Good morning to all of the awesome laptop mappers and sar sleuthers out there! I see things are shifting rapidly.... Any idea why the shift to Christie again? I honestly thought they were done with that area.
Ok, off to go map the area between yesterday's search and today's (that's a big area).
A tip... work the map methodically, take a flight over a section of the road to get a feel for it and then start zooming in. Look for those pull outs/wide shoulders/dirt roads/etc. Some of them can be really hard to see until you get zoomed in pretty tight. Water is always good, bridges, etc. If they are expanding, there's a reason.

Did you look at Rad's twitpic? I believe the sign for Mt. Caramel Church is right at the road block.

http://twitpic.com/35vqhb

No thats a sign there isnt a big building like that at the end where the church is. Give me a few and i can tell you where this photo is. I may be able to do some traveling towards the area within the hour.

News helicopter heading to what looks like christie area so should be some footage soon. It was a white one which I think is wsoc so keep looking on their website for any chopper updates.

Oh another tip from yesterday I didnt mention. There is a dirt road on christie Rd heading from deal mill on the right after the pulloff mentioned and the driveway to the trailer (same side as church) it looks like a possible area on google but it is gated and no way 4 wheel drive can enter it. So you can add that to your map.

Good morning to all of the awesome laptop mappers and sar sleuthers out there! I see things are shifting rapidly.... Any idea why the shift to Christie again? I honestly thought they were done with that area.
Ok, off to go map the area between yesterday's search and today's (that's a big area).
A tip... work the map methodically, take a flight over a section of the road to get a feel for it and then start zooming in. Look for those pull outs/wide shoulders/dirt roads/etc. Some of them can be really hard to see until you get zoomed in pretty tight. Water is always good, bridges, etc. If they are expanding, there's a reason.

no just what rad reported but nothing to indicate why

Would they block the road from where you're saying they are, all the way up to Mount Caramel Church? That's a whole lot of road. Not seeing any other church along Christie, but maybe I'm just missing it. :waitasec:

They might not block the entire road but you'll see there are intersections, so they might block the roads down around the intersections if they need to search within, say, a triangle area. Or they might move and block farther out if there's no other way to bypass the area (no other accessible roads.) Make sense?

No thats a sign there isnt a big building like that at the end where the church is. Give me a few and i can tell you where this photo is. I may be able to do some traveling towards the area within the hour.

Okay, I think Oriah is exactly right. The tweet pic with Mount Caramel Church sign (pointing up Christie) is on the corner of Pine Mountain and Christie, imo. Looking at Google earth, I can see the white trailer and what I think is a stop sign.

By looking at google maps, I think that road block in Rad's picture is right at the corner of Pine Mountain and Christy. That building looks like the one right on the corner. I think the sign just points down Christy saying that the church is down there and has been added since the google picture was taken.

MOO

Okay, I think Oriah is exactly right. The tweet pic with Mount Caramel Church sign (point up Christie) is on the corner of Pine Mountain and Christie. Looking at Google, I can see the white trailer and what I think is a stop sign.

Well I guess we all came to the same conclusion at the same time. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lag87675