GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laddsy - I do not hunt but have relatives that do and they will stay out for days on end. Pouring rain, snow, sleet or hail. They'll sit in a tree stand all day long! It is not uncommon for a group of guys (& girls too I guess) to go out for a long weekend and/or not come home until they bag something or shoot their limit.

Saw on the FB site that the search has been expanded to Ohio...but there's been nothing mentioned here.

Intresting..I am in indiana right on the Ky Indiana line..will be keeping an eye out as well as sending the poster to city emplys and such

Ah, you're the one. I saw your post about almost running into them the other day!! wow, that has to be unsettling. Which way were they going? I'm thinking they may have gone up 460 toward Elliston area since no one remembers seeing them on I-81 and LE ruled out them being in Craig or Botetourt Co. I have a friend that lives in a cabin in Elliston and there are some really good spots he could be in.

Picture13.png

I made a small map. Ever since you mentioned what if she was killed somewhere else, then brought back home, it makes me wonder about what I saw. I mean it could have easily been anyone, but a time frame ( AKA TOD ) would be nice because in my head, I still feel like it was something really suspicious I saw and it might be placed around the time that something could have happened. The vehicle I saw ( I turned on Creekwood Dr ) was heading North on Texas Hollow Rd, which easily wraps around and makes a circle back out to W Main St.

Laddsy - I do not hunt but have relatives that do and they will stay out for days on end. Pouring rain, snow, sleet or hail. They'll sit in a tree stand all day long! It is not uncommon for a group of guys (& girls too I guess) to go out for a long weekend and/or not come home until they bag something or shoot their limit.

Thanks Sam much appreciated. I would have thought they would have better equipment than a $29.95 tent though - considering the weather.

I'm thinking that about now, Brittany - being a 12-yr-old - is not as much fun as she was back at home. She's cold, hungry, tired, maybe upset about her mom. Probably crying, whining, complaining - and maybe inconsolable at times. And JE is probably cold, hungry, tired -- and probably losing patience with an upset 12-yr-old CHILD. I'm sure tempers are running short between the two of them... I just hope Brittany is able to escape, or LE finds them ASAP.

Thank you! That has been bugging me, too. It is really cold around here and the weather data from that Friday night was 35F at 8:30pm... way too cold for short-sleeved shirts...

Same here ! My mother and I were talking about how we would have spotted them right away because we're weird about spotting people for unusual things. It would have stood out in my mind that they had no coats on or any kind of Winter gear. I know I was bundled up in a coat and scarf when I went into the same Walmart that night because it was cold here !

A felony warrant is on file for Easly with the Roanoke County, VA Police Department. It is believed that Smith could be traveling in Alabama. Call your local law enforcement agency if you spot Jeffrey Easley. The FBI is asking citizens of Marshall County to pay special attention to the photographs of Smith and Easley, and to the description of the vehicle.

Easley and Smith are believed to be traveling in a Silver Dodge Neon with a Virginia license plate XKF2365.

Here is more information from the Alabama Department of Public Safety.

In addition to Alabama, the search has been expanded to several states, including North Carolina, California, Florida, West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky, according to Roanoke County, Va. Police Chief Ray Lavinder.

Authorities said Easley bought camping equipment including a blue, Ozark Trail domed tent.

http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-alabama-issues-amber-alert-120810,0,4970532.story

I'm quite a sight in the winter. It's not uncommon for me to go out in shorts, long sleeve tshirt/hoodie, and Uggs if I'm running to the store or to get gas or something. There's a lot of us like that around here. Ohioans aren't bright! I wouldn't consider it alarming for an adult, but I am beside myself when I see a child dressed inappropriately for the weather.

Picture13.png

I made a small map. Ever since you mentioned what if she was killed somewhere else, then brought back home, it makes me wonder about what I saw. I mean it could have easily been anyone, but a time frame ( AKA TOD ) would be nice because in my head, I still feel like it was something really suspicious I saw and it might be placed around the time that something could have happened. The vehicle I saw ( I turned on Creekwood Dr ) was heading North on Texas Hollow Rd, which easily wraps around and makes a circle back out to W Main St.
Japandaa - if it was them, it looks like they were taking back roads out of town. The 'Last known going north' point - who saw them heading that way? That's heading toward Craig Co. if you get on 311, right?

A felony warrant is on file for Easly with the Roanoke County, VA Police Department. It is believed that Smith could be traveling in Alabama. Call your local law enforcement agency if you spot Jeffrey Easley. The FBI is asking citizens of Marshall County to pay special attention to the photographs of Smith and Easley, and to the description of the vehicle.

Easley and Smith are believed to be traveling in a Silver Dodge Neon with a Virginia license plate XKF2365.

In addition to Alabama, the search has been expanded to several states, including North Carolina, California, Florida, West Virginia, Ohio and Kentucky, according to Roanoke County, Va. Police Chief Ray Lavinder.

Authorities said Easley bought camping equipment including a blue, Ozark Trail domed tent.

If they make it to Ohio (it's bitterly cold...single digits right now), my guess is that they're going to be in the SE part of the state. If they go anywhere else, they're going to run into more populated areas. Just knowing what he looks like, he would blend in quite well in SE Ohio. In towns like Portsmouth and Ironton, they could go unnoticed. Both areas are crime ridden. I'll contact some of our local stations here to see if they can run a story or something.

Yes Monte Sano State Park is in Huntsville. It has been very cold here this week. The low Monday morning was 18%. Highs have only been in the 30's. All of our stations have the amber alert running and they covered it on the news. I really do not think he is here. There are a number of camp grounds in Marshall county. If he made it to Alabama and is familiar with the area I think he would be in that county.

Praying for a good outcome for Britney.

Stations here around Montgomery are now displaying the Amber Alert, as well.

Do we know if this guy has any siblings, cousins, etc and if so- where they are located?? If police are correct and he is seeking help from an outside source, family seems the most likely choice.

ETA: My son is 12 and the girls in his 6th grade class look like little girls; this girl looks closer to the gals in my older son's 11th grade. So while she is not old enough to truly know better, she THINKS she's old enough to know what she wants... Praying she is found, safe/sound and quickly!

It is VERY cold here this week!!

~Mish:crazy:

Japandaa - if it was them, it looks like they were taking back roads out of town. The 'Last known going north' point - who saw them heading that way? That's heading toward Craig Co. if you get on 311, right?

Well, if it was them, I saw the older red Chevrolet Blazer, which ended up abandoned. Plus, going North on Texas Hollow Rd is only going to allow you to make a circle back on W Main St or you can turn off at a fork in the road on Alleghany Dr, which also circles around back on W Main St.

Well, that really narrows down the search!!:banghead:

Thanks Sam much appreciated. I would have thought they would have better equipment than a $29.95 tent though - considering the weather.

The tent was 59.99 in store. I tryed to get a shot of the price tag but it wouldnt show up . Online it says cheaper.

I hope they are watching for them trying to cross into Mexico. He would be dumb to do that.

Just sent out emails to the local stations here in Dayton hoping they'll at least mention her story.

Well, if it was them, I saw the older red Chevrolet Blazer, which ended up abandoned. Plus, going North on Texas Hollow Rd is only going to allow you to make a circle back on W Main St or you can turn off at a fork in the road on Alleghany Dr, which also circles around back on W Main St.

What if BS walked in and saw JS standing over her mother and she freaked, got his keys and started to drive. JS takes TS car and starts driving and finds her, since BS doesn't really know how to drive goes on Texas Hollow and he gets her to pull over. He grabs her and they get in TS car, he threatens her, goes in wal mart.

I have another close friend that just told me that she met JSE from MySpace and they talked for a little while and was supposed to hang out. She said they texted back and forth, but then he stopped texting her a week or two prior before all this happened. She said she didn't think anything of it ; so she never saved the texts. I told her she should at least contact the authorities and tell them what they talked about, etc.

This makes two people I know personally that had some kind of contact with him from this area ; so this makes me believe that there are probably a lot more girls around here that had contact as well. I hope everyone is coming forward with any information.

The tent was 59.99 in store. I tryed to get a shot of the price tag but it wouldnt show up . Online it says cheaper.

I hope they are watching for them trying to cross into Mexico. He would be dumb to do that.

BBM

I was just looking at a map and realized that if that was them in the blue tent at the state park in Alabama, then they were 1/3 of the way from Virginia to Mexico. And that was days ago...

Japandaaa can you even recall a figure, the size, shape of who was in the vehicle? You think maybe hypnosis could help you remember?

I just don't think this is going to turn out well. I don't think they have a clue as to where they are. It doesn't look like he bought any way to heat the tent so I don't think he was planning on staying in it long unless they get to a much warmer climate. I think he's on his own somewhere and after seeing his mom give her statement, which I thought was very strange, I think he may be heading toward her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels