GUILTY VA - Tina Smith, 41, slain, 12yo daughter abducted, Salem, 2 Dec 2010 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not read the entire thread so maybe this has been discussed already.

At any Walmart we have been to (here in AZ), you can go through the self-checkout and use a credit/debit card with no ID, regardless of the amount. We do it all the time with different cards at different stores statewide (even spent over $1000 once with a CC at a self-checkout and we were not asked for ID).

If they used the card as debit, maybe she knew her mom's pin#?

Lets just pray that she is safe :praying:
LOL, I'm not crazy...I was asked for my drivers license when i used my credit card at wal mart. I assumed that was everywhere since it happened to me. Maybe I just had a cashier that thought i was suspicious looking. I take all of your accounts. I just want to say, that didn't happen to me. LOL

Ah, you're the one. I saw your post about almost running into them the other day!! wow, that has to be unsettling. Which way were they going? I'm thinking they may have gone up 460 toward Elliston area since no one remembers seeing them on I-81 and LE ruled out them being in Craig or Botetourt Co. I have a friend that lives in a cabin in Elliston and there are some really good spots he could be in.

That's possible too. I noticed that she doesn't really start saying (hcb)ily until around June, which would be around the time her Mom met him online. It seems like he may have been "courting" them both at the same time.

*Excuse me while I :sick:*

I'll have to take a look at the comments on my phone (iphone)...after work ofcourse. ;-)

Catching up, so hope I am not WAY behind. Someone who seemed close to the case had posted that Brittany had met JE sometime in June?? I just remember it being WAY beyond when he was said to have moved into the home. I am sure LE has the computers of both of them and would know how long everyone involved had been communicating with each other and thru what forums.

As far as cards go, I use my boss' company credit card all the time at Wal-Mart and sign for her and they have never asked me for ID.

You know during the Taylor Behl Murder...I had just moved here. I went to wal mart with my husband to buy a cheap grill until our household items arrived the following Monday. I have a habit of reading license plates. As we got out of the car at walmart I started looking at the plates and saw one that I thought said grnpeace and commented to my husband...oh great another fanatic (sorry people). When I came out of the store, I looked at the license again and I felt silly because it said GrnErth instead of grnpeace. I went on with my biz. A few days later I heard the cops were looking for a car with the license plate GrnErt. I called police right away to confirm what I saw when I saw and even explained why that license stuck to me. (because I read it wrong and embarrassed myself). Found out Wal Mart didn't have any of their camera's working nor had they been for the past few years! I'm sure they are now though!

This was Gloucester, Virginia. So I guess we can say my local wal mart is DIFFERENT! LMAO

Personalized “GRN ERTH” plate and Taylor Behl
Richmond Police stated that they are searching for anyone who might have information on a stolen license plate, “GRN ERTH,” that may be connected to the case of a missing college student Taylor Behl.

The personalized “GRN ERTH” plate was stolen in Richmond around the time 17-year-old Virginia Commonwealth University freshman Taylor Behl disappeared, and “preliminary information” indicates the two events may be connected, police said.

The person it was stolen from is not connected to the case, Richmond police spokeswoman Cynthia Price said. Citing the ongoing investigation, she declined to release further details.

The teen’s car was found two weeks later, less than two miles from her dorm. Her license plates had been replaced with Ohio plates reported stolen several weeks before she disappeared.

Is it possible that he is reaching into his back pocket, for keys, in that clip? Rather than hiding something? I can't see being so bold as to hold something i.e. a weapon behind his back in a Walmart...he isn't checking behind him to see if anyone is watching. Walmarts are never not busy, as far as I know.

Really, I'm not getting much from that still photo, it is incredibly blurry.
This is night 6-they have to be either far far away, in hiding in someone's home, or jusr driving. I wonder if LE can determine approx. how much cash they could have, by talking to the mom's family, regarding her habits with cash, etc...

I thought this as well as maybe pulling his pants up? Maybe what were seeing is a leather or something keychain?

OMG!! I don't know if this is allowed I am sure it is becuase it's on the Find Brittany site but you should go read the comments on this status:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/permalink.php?story_fbid=118222738245228&id=112253375509634

Very interesting! I know that it has been posted before but apparently on Saturday/Sunday a woman spotted people camping in a blue tent & thought it was weird because it was so cold outside. They have called into the police who have taken the tip seriously. They've taken her cell phone and home phone number. Go read on the link!

ETA: I kept reading! More than one person spotted that tent and they have all called it in.

I think that may be it. There looks to be another camera behind them over the entrance doors (black circle thing). Hopefully that camera was working and LE knows what he was doing.
It was freezing that night (last Friday). We actually had several inches of snow here and Salem got a coating I think. Anyway, where are their coats?? Who wears short sleeved tshirts out in 25-30 degree weather.

for some reason (user error most likely) my reply button didn't work, the above response was to you, darlin gal.

I saw that about the blue tent on the FB page...but have my doubts. Anyway, didn't it also say that they were no longer there, and this was 4-5 nights ago?

I never trust people who post their sightings on FB before they call them into LE...but that's just me.

I hope they really did see their tent, but LOTS of people have blue dome tents, myself included. Red, blue and green are the most popular colors. In fact, you don't see many that are not one of those colors.

I hope they really did see their tent, but LOTS of people have blue dome tents, myself included. Red, blue and green are the most popular colors. In fact, you don't see many that are not one of those colors.

Yeah but it was freezing cold an there were no other tents - coincidence???

I went on the photo trip to walmart and the walmart I was at had them in a tan color. I guess it would look like a huge virginia deer ?? Not a wise color in the woods if your not trying to get shot at by hunters. On the other hand Blue isnt wise if your hiding from LE.

Laddsy, this is also hunting time and there are alot of hunters out right now. But, yeah, I hope that was a good lead for LE.

Ok I got a question that I want to throw out to you experts and see what your take is:
Mom's car is the one they are traveling in. Now, originally when this story broke, LE was looking for both mom's car and JE's car. They then reported a day or two later that JE's car was found but did not say where. I take it that since LE had been at the home for days, JE's car was not at the home when mom's body was found. But, they haven't said where JE's car was located. Why wouldn't they report that? And why are they in mom's car when JE's car was an SUV and would have been much better, IMO, of an escape vehicle due to size, ability to hold more gas and much better driving vehicle in inclement weather. Did mom asked JE to meet her somewhere maybe to discuss issues and meet somewhere other than in her home because she didn't want him back in the home? Also, today LE said they may never be able to give a time of death. Why not? Unless she was burned, I don't see them not knowing. What do you all think about him possibly killing the mom somewhere outside the home and taking her body back to the house in her own car? In that case, he would have only the mom's car because his was left wherever he originally killed her.

Nice thinking, but I don't think he would have killed her elsewhere and then brought her back home. I would have disposed of her body: less chance of getting caught while at the house with a dead body; less chance of someone finding the body; less chance of alerting authorities so he/Brittany could slide under the radar more easily...

Saw on the FB site that the search has been expanded to Ohio...but there's been nothing mentioned here.

...(snipped)...Anyway, where are their coats?? Who wears short sleeved tshirts out in 25-30 degree weather.

Thank you! That has been bugging me, too. It is really cold around here and the weather data from that Friday night was 35F at 8:30pm... way too cold for short-sleeved shirts...

Laddsy, this is also hunting time and there are alot of hunters out right now. But, yeah, I hope that was a good lead for LE.

Do they normally stay out? Or do they go hunting and then head back home? I have no idea as we dont have many hunters here in Aus lol

Thank you! That has been bugging me, too. It is really cold around here and the weather data from that Friday night was 35F at 8:30pm... way too cold for short-sleeved shirts...

my thought on this was they left the coats in the car so if they were spotted then they wouldn't be able to give a description of the coats they were wearing. Since it is cold, the coats would cover their shirts. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500