TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
SA, Clint and the Uncle. And I'm thinking B., just because that would be normal. The Uncle said he passed his - but, nothing from LE.

I thought the brother DD took one too

I would think anyone who took a LD test would be connected to the family in some way...either a friend, relative, etc...so that does not really narrow it down for me. but I can't imagine why a group of people should fail, if true.

Billie should know IF Hailey used the shed for something..Have you asked her? (this was mentioned in a previous post)

I can see her using the phone outside for privacy & for better reception so I don't find that odd at all.
do know in this area there is realy bad signals, if you have att you might as well not have a phone in some places, i accually had a place outside i had to go to talk and not loose signal. i called it my phone booth.

Just putting this out there (because of course I know nothing, and am not implying anything either)... what makes a handful? Is a handful more than a few?

More than a few but less than 5? Just guessing

Here are some of my own questions...

Who is conducting the polys, and what are there credentials?

Why, if polys are inadmissable in court, are so much stock put into them? It seems to me that if they were so sure-fire, they would be admissable. As for the accuracy%, well, who knows for sure.

Who all has taken the polys, and how many of them failed? Who failed and then got to retest. How many retests were given before a passing result was accepted?

Why will LE not release any info? It seems like they are not even telling the family much.
I would understand being tight lipped about a possible suspect, but they also haven't cleared anyone. In MOO, it is because they are grasping at straws, and doing anything they can to take the focus of the public's outcry over their possible mishandling of the case and direct it ANYWHERE else.

Also, any of you out there with knowledge of other cases - how many other cases are there out there that are similar to this one in regards to failed/supposedly failed polys by people who were later cleared?

I am so thankful that you are here and so thankful that you seem to be such a good friend. Bless you for helping get Hailey's name out there!

Do you have any idea if Billie passed her test? How many has she been given?

Same questions about Shawn, and also if you know about the others, and if anyone has been retested.

Personally, I would find it hard to believe if someone came out and said the mom had any idea about what really happened, with exception to what she's been led to believe. I do worry about her putting to much faith into someone that really could have hurt her daughter. I am hoping she just takes a few steps back from SA until at least he's cleared.

Doing some catch-up here.

It appears now that SA did take a poly, but we don't know if he passed or not.

Now, do we still believe what the uncle and brother stated yesterday that SA walked out of the poly, and that the uncle passed his poly?

We still don't know if the brother took a poly.
Patty, you can catch up real quick here: (all the previously linked articles are in one place)

in a nutshell SA took a poly.

Billie says a handful of people connected to the family have been told they failed their poly without naming names

it was rumored that SA took off but he is at his mother's house and police are aware of his whereabouts

they are considering an aerial search of town

police are following up on a new lead today

the landfill in snyder has been searched during the course of the case

(((hmm... did I miss anything?....)))

oh yeah... Hailey's grandmother's say that she did not like the boyfriend being there and wanted her parents back together. The divorce has been hard on her

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/find-hailey-dunn

http://www.ccitynews.net/

((multiple articles at above links to back up paraphrasing))

Just putting this out there (because of course I know nothing, and am not implying anything either)... what makes a handful? Is a handful more than a few?

I was thinking the same thing. I automatically think "3 to 5" when "handful" is used. I don't know why. But it does bother me that it's possible that even one person may have NOT passed the polygraph, let alone a handful. Very disturbing to me.

he seems to have appointed himself the spokesperson????
In a strong city-manager form of government, he is the top official - police and fire chiefs would report to him, etc. He probably feels it is his responsibility.

do know in this area there is realy bad signals, if you have att you might as well not have a phone in some places, i accually had a place outside i had to go to talk and not loose signal. i called it my phone booth.[/QUOTE)
That is very funny!! It must be a real hassle.I can imagine if I had to do that I would probable have a nice chair, table to make myself comfortable. I would decorate.The idea make me laugh.

I would think anyone who took a LD test would be connected to the family in some way...either a friend, relative, etc...so that does not really narrow it down for me. but I can't imagine why a group of people should fail, if true.

I totally agree. What in the world could cause people to fail? Stress? Grief?

I am thinking 3-4. Jeez I hope this isn't like the 14 year old who ended up burned (Alicia Debolt)

Manager Pete Kampfer said Adkins took a lie detector test.

Jones said Hailey didn't care much for Adkins. "She don't like Shawn being there; but she wants her mom and dad to go back together," she said.

Hailey's mother and father separated 3 years ago; Jones says the divorce was hard on Hailey.

another snip~

On Wednesday Colorado City City Manager Pete Kampfer said Adkins took a lie detector test.

And just one more snip~

In that home in Colorado City, Hailey lives with Billie Jean and her mother's boyfriend Shawn Adkins.

Color me thoroughly confused now. I thought Billie stated that SA in fact did NOT live at her residence, but sometimes stayed the night. So which is it?

Not sure whether to believe SA in fact did take a lie detector test, given this discrepancy.

Patty, you can catch up real quick here: (all the previously linked articles are in one place)

in a nutshell SA took a poly.

Billie says a handful of people connected to the family have been told they failed their poly without naming names

it was rumored that SA took off but he is at his mother's house and police are aware of his whereabouts

they are considering an aerial search of town

police are following up on a new lead today

the landfill in snyder has been searched during the course of the case

(((hmm... did I miss anything?....)))

oh yeah... Hailey's grandmother's say that she did not like the boyfriend being there and wanted her parents back together. The divorce has been hard on her

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/find-hailey-dunn

http://www.ccitynews.net/

((multiple articles at above links to back up paraphrasing))

Thank you.

My concern is "do we believe the uncle and brother NOW, when they indicated yesterday that SA didn't take the poly and NOW we know that SA took the poly?"

Should we now believe that the uncle passed his poly?

There's also her friend who said H didn't like being around BF/SD.

Does anyone know if the reservoir(s) have been part of any searches? I saw a couple on googlemaps - NW of town it looks like. Or are they not easy to access? Please forgive my ignorance on the area as I am not familiar with it and just using googlemaps for info.

To the locals:
The young lady, on video, who stated that Hailey was uncomfortable with boyfriend- is she one of Haileys friends? NO names please as she is a minor.

As much debate about LD tests as exists, I can't think of too many people who took them and failed and later found to have nothing to do with the event. There are some, of course, as with everything, but it does seem unusual that more than one person would not pass. We don't know the questions, of course, but still...very strange. Unless Billie was told that, so as to not single out any one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911