Ronald Cummings, drug trafficking charges

Werter is stating on FB that FDLE helped "some" with the case and that the FBI's help was rejected. I thought that was interesting, not surprised though.

Werter is stating on FB that FDLE helped "some" with the case and that the FBI's help was rejected. I thought that was interesting, not surprised though.

BBM... Imagine that....Like you, I'm not surprised either...

Ron's supervision level is "Medium."

So are Tommy, Donna and Hope.

I do not believe drug dealers get a separate wing in prison. Maximum security (Close Supervision status) inmates are, of course, housed separately from other inmates; however, all Medium level inmates may be housed together regardless of their offense.

Hi everyone, had to take a break from this case...sanity called.

Anyway, yes the "putnam crew" are all classified as medium security inmates for now, and that is based on their classification process when they first entered prison. The staff which houses new inmates uses all sorts of criteria to determine custody status such as, the crime they committed, violence involved, length of sentence, psychological profile, prior history in prison such as those with predatory natures, escape attampts, attempts to smuggle drugs, contraband in, etc...This process can take as long as two weeks where the new inmates are housed only with other new inmates. Once they have an official classification status (minimum, medium, close) they are sent to the appropriate prison and cell with others who usually share their classification.

Sometimes they will classify a non violent offender as medium security and if the inmate causes no problems for a length of time they will down grade him or her to minimum status. The same rules apply the other way around. Just because you start off with a certain status your behavior determines if you will stay there.

Drug users/dealers usually don't get close supervision unless they cause problems within the institution. It is not uncommon to see murderers, in protective custody, along with drug addicts, all because they did something pretty bad to get them there.

But, as krkrjx said above, usually all medium security inmates are housed together, whether they be druggies, sex offenders, muderers, etc etc...

Misty and Hope are at the regular Lowell prison (usually for the hard core criminals), while Donna (I believe) is at Lowell Annex. The Annex is right near the more secure Lowell prison, but the Annex houses inmates who are deemed less dangerous with less serious crimes. This sort of had me wondering, why the difference ?

Anyway, yes the "putnam crew" are all classified as medium security inmates for now, and that is based on their classification process when they first entered prison. The staff which houses new inmates uses all sorts of criteria to determine custody status such as, the crime they committed, violence involved, length of sentence, psychological profile, prior history in prison such as those with predatory natures, escape attampts, attempts to smuggle drugs, contraband in, etc...This process can take as long as two weeks where the new inmates are housed only with other new inmates. Once they have an official classification status (minimum, medium, close) they are sent to the appropriate prison and cell with others who usually share their classification.

Sometimes they will classify a non violent offender as medium security and if the inmate causes no problems for a length of time they will down grade him or her to minimum status. The same rules apply the other way around. Just because you start off with a certain status your behavior determines if you will stay there.

Drug users/dealers usually don't get close supervision unless they cause problems within the institution. It is not uncommon to see murderers, in protective custody, along with drug addicts, all because they did something pretty bad to get them there.

But, as krkrjx said above, usually all medium security inmates are housed together, whether they be druggies, sex offenders, muderers, etc etc...

Misty and Hope are at the regular Lowell prison (usually for the hard core criminals), while Donna (I believe) is at Lowell Annex. The Annex is right near the more secure Lowell prison, but the Annex houses inmates who are deemed less dangerous with less serious crimes. This sort of had me wondering, why the difference ?

The difference I believe is the age difference between Donna and Hope and Misty. I believe the Lowell Annex houses older woman.

I am just wondering how Ronald has adjusted to prison. I am still just thrilled that he is in prison!

Inmates with similar custody levels are typically housed together for ease in supervision by the facility.

Hope, Donna, and Misty all went directly to Lowell Annex for processing. Hope was then transferred to Lowell C.I. This was likely due to her custody classification (Medium), plus her age (19). Donna is also classified as Medium but she stayed in the Annex, likely due to her age.

Misty stayed in the Annex because of her classification of Close supervision. I do not believe Misty is classified as "Close" due to anything she has done wrong, behavioral issues, or because she is deemed more dangerous than the others. But that's just MOO.

I believe Misty's close classification is due to Putnam County having a detainer on her for the cases that remain to be sentenced. The FL DOC website states that one of the reasons for "Close Custody" is a detainer from another jurisdiction, so it's not always a behavior/danger issue that dictates custody level.

Once Misty is sentenced, her custody level may be lowered to Medium and at that time she will probably be transferred to Lowell C.I., because that's where the DOC website says Lowell houses young female inmates with custody level of Medium or lower. Lowell Annex houses higher security and death row inmates, and some lower level inmates who are older (Donna).

Our entire crew should be at the same custody classification initially and IMO, Misty's higher level is solely because she has outstanding criminal charges for which Putnam County has issued a detainer. Their behavior/cooperation while incarcerated will likely dictate how long they stay at the "Medium" level. Also, as an inmate gets closer to their release date, their custody level is lowered; an incarcerated person would have to spend some time at "Minimum" custody and possibly get all the way down to "Community" level before they could be released.

Medium custody--where Ron, Tommy, Hope and Donna currently are--allows them work assignments within specific areas of the prison. They will have more freedoms and more choices of work assignments as they are reclassified to lower custody levels.

As for occupational training and classes, those are typically offered to inmates on first-come, first-served basis, but an inmate's custody level determines their eligibility for classes. Classes are offered first to those with the earliest release dates so, if classes fill up quickly, our players would find themselves at the bottom of a long list of inmates waiting to take a class because they would be given less priority than inmates due to be released into society earlier.

At least, that's how I understand it from the information given at the FL DOC website.

Where's the ol' RC smirk now?.... he looks scared to death in the DOC photo.

I had to laugh when I saw his picture. Sure is a difference from all his other smirking mugshots. This one looks like he's thinking he's in big trouble now. Those scared-looking eyes are a dead giveaway.

How's it working for ya' now, RC?

Poor little Haleigh. Just unbelievable. He should have been the staunchest protector of his children, instead, drugs and a teenager were more important. :shakehead:

As I see it..If Lisa was indeed blackmailing Misty to get drugs, Ronald was the one handling the drugs... Looks to me like the Croslins knew Ronald and Misty were the ones hiding something and were threatening to tell ALL unless they gave them what they needed...

That, IMO, is exactly what happened. I do not have a direct link to a video but many here will recall that Lisa was supporting Misty in the beginning, sitting by her side for media interviews a few times initially, but by summer there was one interview with Lisa on-camera alone saying she believed Misty knew more than she had been telling. The word then was that Lisa had said that about Misty because she was mad at Misty because Misty had Xanax and refused to share it with Lisa.

Whether Lisa believed what she was saying...who knows. But she was either lying then or had been lying initially, and it is no stretch for me to believe that Lisa could have threatened Misty that she was going to turn on her if she did not share her Xanax.

I really do not think Lisa knew anything about what happened that night other than the stories we all were hearing.

Q: does anybody know where Ron, Misty & Tommy will be going to spend the reminder of their lives at?

Will they all be in the same Prison?

Q: does anybody know where Ron, Misty & Tommy will be going to spend the reminder of their lives at?

Will they all be in the same Prison?

I do not really understand what you are asking but, they are in separate Florida prisons and none of them got a life sentence.

Today (29 Nov) is Ronald's birthday - wonder if they give you a birthday cake in prison?

didn't have to be this way ... the choices one makes in life!

Today (29 Nov) is Ronald's birthday - wonder if they give you a birthday cake in prison?

didn't have to be this way ... the choices one makes in life!

Ron's birthdate is 10/29/83.

Bringing this over from the court updates area since that is not a "discussion" forum. I would like to answer Chablis' question, but I am really not sure what is going on with this Motion. Any lawyers online who can help out??

==========

So whats going on, I dont understand legalese!

It looks as though RC has filed this Motion on all three of his convictions. Now, I might understand him filing on the one that had a 3-year minimum; he actually got a little over 7 years on that one and that is because of his past record/. His scoresheet would not allow less than 84.025 months. So he could not get the minimum on that charge even if the judge wanted to.

As for the other two charges, he got the minimum of 15 years on each. So there was no leeway for the judge to sentence him to less for those. In light of that, the only thing I can think of is they are complaining that the court did not correctly calculate the credit for time served...OR...they are arguing the amounts of the fines on all three charges.

I am speaking from what info I found for why this Motion can be filed. It does not appear there are other allowable reasons.

==================

Details:

UCN: 542010CF000145XXAXMX
File Date: 01/21/2010
Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Case Status: REOPENED CASE
Defense Atty: SHOEMAKER, TERRY J
Case File Location: CRIMINAL DIVISION

Defendant: CUMMINGS, RONALD LEMYLES
Alias: No Alias Records

Date # Docket Description
01/21/2010 1 COMPLAINT - PCSO DET. T CAMPBELL (1/13/10)

01/21/2010 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A

01/21/2010 1 TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE MORE THAN 14 GRAMS LESS

01/21/2010 1 THAN 28 GRAMS

01/21/2010 2 WARRANT ISSUED - BOND SET AT $150,000.00

01/22/2010 3 ARREST REPORT - 1/20/2010

01/22/2010 3 BOOKING NUMBER: 10-00276

(snipped for space)

09/24/2010 53 SCORESHEET FILED

09/24/2010 54 SENTENCING MINUTES: DEFT PRES, ATT BY TERRY SHOEMAKER

09/24/2010 54 ADJUDGED GUILTY OF TRAFFICKING IN HYDROCODONE 14-28

09/24/2010 54 GRAMS

09/24/2010 54 15 YEARS DOC WITH 246 DAYS CREDIT

09/24/2010 54 15 YEARS DOC SENTENCE ARE MINIMUM MANDATORY

09/24/2010 54 $395 COURT COSTS

09/24/2010 54 $100 COST OF PROSECUTION

09/24/2010 54 $15 TO THE ALCOHOL AND DRUG ABUSE TRUST FUND

09/24/2010 54 $100,000 MINIMUM MANDATORY FINE IMPOSED

(snipped)

/28/2010 57 JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE

09/30/2010 58 COMMITMENT ISSUED

09/30/2010 59 CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE AS TO JUDGMENT AND SENTENCE

12/29/2010 60 MOTION TO CORRECT ILLEGAL SENTENCE

Do we know that this motion was filed by the defense? There were terms and conditions to be met by the defendant. Could this have been filed by the State?

Do we know that this motion was filed by the defense? There were terms and conditions to be met by the defendant. Could this have been filed by the State?

For now, we do not know who filed. The info I found says the State can file such a motion, but not for their benefit--it can only be filed by the State to correct a clerical or similar error of record, or an error that would benefit the defendant.

Until someone can show me otherwise, I believe this motion's meaning is summed up by 2 words, "Misty's Hearing".

There's no way I believe that this "Motion To Correct Illegal Sentence" just happened to come out to the world wide web less than 24 hours before Misty's final sentencing on the remaining charges.

Until someone can show me otherwise, I believe this motion's meaning is summed up by 2 words, "Misty's Hearing".

There's no way I believe that this "Motion To Correct Illegal Sentence" just happened to come out to the world wide web less than 24 hours before Misty's final sentencing on the remaining charges.

It's too late for coffee...help me understand what you're thinkin' Papa. :waitasec: How are we linking the motion affect Misty's final sentencing hearing? Are you thinking things have been moving along in the background with regard to witnesses finally talking on Haleigh's case, including something that make this motion make sense to you? Are we having more than a sentencing hearing tomorrow? A continuance, perhaps?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl
Back