When Did the Anthony Family Know Caylee was Gone?

Scamperoo,

Thanks for that reminder about Cindy mentioning ( probably subconsciously) about the woods. Sending Dominick Casey down there in November, was probably our best clue that she suspected that's where the baby was. He was really close too. I have no doubt that if he did actually find the remains, they would have taken them. Evil to the core. MOO

I agree.....DC would have done something illegal. IMO. No one involved in this case has any scruples. She sent DC out there because she knew the body was there. This was right after she told everyone to look in restaurants, malls, etc for a live Caylee. Maybe she thought Caylee was alive in the woods....that woman just irritates the heck out of me

Solace, I am so very sorry for what you had to endure. I thank you for sharing your story and am sending you warm beams of healing light!

Thank you Darlin! My son helped me that day and he went on to teach class that evening and I stopped off to watch it and then went to the gym and felt very lucky to have him. Made us appreciate everything that much more.

You are very nice and thank you.

The only reason the 31 days didn't do it for me, at first, is because at that time I already had a dislike of Cindy Anthony's general attitude and I thought just maybe that KC had hidden her with friends to keep her away from that cloying, strident, harridan of a grandmother. I was wrong.

I hear ya Scamp. But there was an overwhelming odor of decomposition in that garage and I read in one of the reports that the rug still had the odor in it after a year. So it was bad and hard to overlook. Only reason I think Cindy knew then when she made the call. She may have been hoping but in her heart she knew. I think.

IMO, George and Cindy both knew the second they smelled the odor in the car. George said he was afraid to open the trunk, and at that point they might not have seen much of Casey, but they had contact with her. Caylee was the one unaccounted for.

IMO, George knew, couldn't handle it, and as usual turned it over to Cindy. IMO, Cindy couldn't handle it either, and that's why she went back to work, to make it easier to go into denial. IMO, she knew and had just pushed it deep inside by the time she went to TL's to get Casey. This was a woman who had gone to some lengths to find Casey and Caylee, yet when she does get to Casey, she doesn't even bother to go in and see if Caylee is there. I think she maintained her veneer of denial until Casey gives the kidnap story, and there is nothing Cindy will ever be able to say to convince me she didn't know Caylee was dead and who was responsible when she made that 3rd 911 call.

I will always feel so bad for what George and Cindy went through that day. There's even been a few times after that I felt for them and how horrible all this must be, but that has been a long time ago.

Hmm I'm not sure. One of the strangest and most disturbing things I've heard is one of Lee's interviews with media...and he was going through each part of the story - the 31 days, the lack of a nanny, then the horrid smell in the trunk - he was laughing and flippant...but I could NOT understand how he wasn't putting two and two together - it was really like he couldn't figure out what happened, after describing the exact scenario of a murder and cover up.

Which brings me to say - I don't know if it was denial, ignorance, stupidity or callousness, but it didn't seem like he knew. I hope I got my thoughts across clearly - he sounded like someone trying to figure out what an animal was after saying it walks, looks, acts, smells and sounds like a duck, but gosh folks we don't know what it is (and we need some unpaid assistants to help).

With Cindy, I think she knew pretty soon after the 9-11 calls but tried to hold out hope. I mean all the facts were damning, but then you throw someone like Casey into the equation and I think she knew. Nothing good comes from Casey and the yarn she spun was just more BS.

IMO, George and Cindy both knew the second they smelled the odor in the car. George said he was afraid to open the trunk, and at that point they might not have seen much of Casey, but they had contact with her. Caylee was the one unaccounted for.

IMO, George knew, couldn't handle it, and as usual turned it over to Cindy. IMO, Cindy couldn't handle it either, and that's why she went back to work, to make it easier to go into denial. IMO, she knew and had just pushed it deep inside by the time she went to TL's to get Casey. This was a woman who had gone to some lengths to find Casey and Caylee, yet when she does get to Casey, she doesn't even bother to go in and see if Caylee is there. I think she maintained her veneer of denial until Casey gives the kidnap story, and there is nothing Cindy will ever be able to say to convince me she didn't know Caylee was dead and who was responsible when she made that 3rd 911 call.

I will always feel so bad for what George and Cindy went through that day. There's even been a few times after that I felt for them and how horrible all this must be, but that has been a long time ago.

Also, Cindy returns to work and tells her immediate supervisor who says to her "did you call the police". Cindy says "No, I want to talk to KC first and give her a chance to explain". The supervisor then goes to the Head Supervisor who tells Cindy to leave.

God, talk about "if I only I got custody when I should have".

I've always felt that George and Cindy Anthony knew that Caylee was deceased, on July 16, 2008 when they learned that Casey had been arrested for lying to LE, obstruction of justice, and child endangerment.

I think that for the first 24 hours George and Cindy clung to the nanny kidnapped Caylee story.

It was when they learned that LE had determined that Casey was lying to them regarding the nanny kidnapping Caylee that George and Cindy realized that Caylee was gone. Casey lying about what happened to Caylee, was their wake-up call that Caylee was dead and Casey had killed her.

Casey was out of jail on bond from late August until October 14th when she was indicted and arrested. She's been in jail since. I think that sometime during her time out on bond, she let Cindy know that she left Caylee's body somewhere in the woods off Suburban Drive, not giving the exact location.

I think Cindy was determined to find Caylee's remains before the authorities did, and permanently dispose of them. With no body, Cindy could maintain the story that Caylee had been kidnapped by the nanny and we'd be hearing of sightings on a regular basis for years to come.

BBM

I agree with this and always felt this was the case. I think Casey told her parents it was an accident - and that Caylee died as a result of accident and because of her FEAR of CINDY she made up the story to LE and I believe she made Cindy feel like it was her fault. Like casey did not want to disappoint her mother. I think it was decided then as a family that they would try to find the body before LE to save Casey. They never found the body in time.

and the next best thing was to convice the media that it wasn't really caylee and if it is then Casey didn't put the body there. But no one bothers to explain how a very much alive Caylee who was last in her mother's care ended up in the woods and why her mother didn't seem concerned enough to report her missing - if there is NO NANNY - then how did Caylee go from mommy to dead?

I also think that GA new immediately when he got home and heard the fake nanny story - and his interview with LE and FBI says it all about how darn sure he was that it was the smell of death.

MOO

Also, Cindy returns to work and tells her immediate supervisor who says to her "did you call the police". Cindy says "No, I want to talk to KC first and give her a chance to explain". The supervisor then goes to the Head Supervisor who tells Cindy to leave.

God, talk about "if I only I got custody when I should have".

It just floors me that she could be that much in denial. There is no way I could have returned to work. I think Cindy was in denial until ICA spilled it while at home. I really do. I think she told Cindy as a "Ha Ha forget you, I did this and there is nothing YOU can do"

The first indication that Cindy knew on at least a subconscious level was stated on her myspace page. "Who is watching over that little angel now?"

I forget the date, July 3 or 4th? of 2008?

Cindy knew Casey was no caregiver. Cindy has done a lot of things wrong, but we should never forget that Caylee probably lived as long as she did because Cindy was watching over her as best she could being primarily the sole provider for their family. I feel sure that as much as Cindy hated everything Casey did, she wanted her at home, not because of Casey, but because of Caylee. It was for Caylee's sake that Cindy put up with more of Casey than she could stand. Who the heck is trained in the care of a psychopath? Certainly not the average parent, though I'm not saying the Anthonys are average. Let me just call them unusual.

You try to correct them, and they simply escalate, and will make you pay for trying to correct them. Caylee's death was the ultimate escalation iin an ongoing war for supremacy.

I am not sure it has ever sunk into Cindy and George that Casey might have killed them instead.

As for the cover-up, cleaning the car, and all the other idiotic stuff bordering on criminal obstruction of justice both Cindy and George have done--a person can believe anything if they fool themselves first.

I am not sure it has ever sunk into Cindy and George that Casey might have killed them instead.

Would not be surprised if KC thought of that. Saw a show called "A Murder in the Family" and the son kills the daughter out of jealously, but he admits that he thought of killing the parents first and was going to but he stopped and did not because he spent the day with his father and decided he could not do it; so he killed the daughter instead. The mother and father deny it and deny it until about 8 years later when the son admits it and when the father is asked why he was in denial so long, he responds "I just didn't want to believe it".

The first indication that Cindy knew on at least a subconscious level was stated on her myspace page. "Who is watching over that little angel now?"

I forget the date, July 3 or 4th? of 2008?

Cindy knew Casey was no caregiver. Cindy has done a lot of things wrong, but we should never forget that Caylee probably lived as long as she did because Cindy was watching over her as best she could being primarily the sole provider for their family. I feel sure that as much as Cindy hated everything Casey did, she wanted her at home, not because of Casey, but because of Caylee. It was for Caylee's sake that Cindy put up with more of Casey than she could stand. Who the heck is trained in the care of a psychopath? Certainly not the average parent, though I'm not saying the Anthonys are average. Let me just call them unusual.

You try to correct them, and they simply escalate, and will make you pay for trying to correct them. Caylee's death was the ultimate escalation iin an ongoing war for supremacy.

As for the cover-up, cleaning the car, and all the other idiotic stuff bordering on criminal obstruction of justice both Cindy and George have done--a person can believe anything if they fool themselves first.

Subconscious can only take so much lying. This denial will either make Cindy physically ill or just spiral into a state where even her closest family find it hard to be around her. Although Lee and George go along with all of it. It is incredible. Not one family member admits that KC was a sociopath - not one- but everyone else - all the friends are suspect.

Good thread, celticthyme!

I think George knew Caylee was dead when he smelled the car the afternoon of the 15th. If not at that moment, then surely he put 2 and 2 together when he got home from work that night to find LE crawling all over the house, KC babbling about a nanny, his wife hysterical, and his son trying on Sherlock Holmes caps.

Cindy knew Caylee was dead when she made the third 911 call, IMO.

I've always assumed they both figured out where the body was just before the (I think November?) interview where CA was so doped up she couldn't keep her eyes open. Am interested in other folks' views on all this, and thanks again celtic.

BBM OMG :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

This is my first post. Hi! =-) I think both Cindy and George got scared when they picked up casey's car. Cindy knew in her heart when she made the third 911 call. I'm not sure when George knew. But by the time she came home on bail he did for sure. I believe he wanted to shake it out of her or something.

Teresa

This is my first post. Hi! =-) I think both Cindy and George got scared when they picked up casey's car. Cindy knew in her heart when she made the third 911 call. I'm not sure when George knew. But by the time she came home on bail he did for sure. I believe he wanted to shake it out of her or something.

Teresa

Yep, had a huge fight with KC and said I can't live like this and was then told to leave the house and he did.

They knew since they smelled the car. The problem is that there is a difference in what they told the media, and what they probably said to each other behind closed doors. Of course it's deny, deny, deny to the media - have to keep up the perfect family image, you know - But they knew darn well when they smelled that decomp in Casey's car. A former policeman and a nurse who dealt with decomp in wounds would not mistake that smell. I think the only thing they were in deep denial about is how she died. They just couldn't believe that Casey was the one did it.

The only one that confuses the heck out of me is Lee. He just hasn't seemed to have any feelings regarding Caylee this whole time. It's like a huge game to him, and he doesn't care if Caylee is gone or not. It's like she didn't exist for him, or was inconsequential to him. The only that thing that seems to matter to him is Casey and his parents, and it seems like he is more on Casey's side than his own parents. I can't tell what he believes about Caylee. I have no idea if he knows she's dead or not because it doesn't seem to matter at all to him. He acts like this whole case is some game or movie or something not real. Maybe he's different behind closed doors, but I don't know. He is a true enigma to me.

They knew since they smelled the car. The problem is that there is a difference in what they told the media, and what they probably said to each other behind closed doors. Of course it's deny, deny, deny to the media - have to keep up the perfect family image, you know - But they knew darn well when they smelled that decomp in Casey's car. A former policeman and a nurse who dealt with decomp in wounds would not mistake that smell. I think the only thing they were in deep denial about is how she died. They just couldn't believe that Casey was the one did it.

The only one that confuses the heck out of me is Lee. He just hasn't seemed to have any feelings regarding Caylee this whole time. It's like a huge game to him, and he doesn't care if Caylee is gone or not. It's like she didn't exist for him, or was inconsequential to him. The only that thing that seems to matter to him is Casey and his parents, and it seems like he is more on Casey's side than his own parents. I can't tell what he believes about Caylee. I have no idea if he knows she's dead or not because it doesn't seem to matter at all to him. He acts like this whole case is some game or movie or something not real. Maybe he's different behind closed doors, but I don't know. He is a true enigma to me.

But in his first interview with Yuri and JA, he goes to them voluntarily and he does not speak well of KC at all. He changes later on and his reason for it -he says' is that Yuri and JA were not receptive to any of the information he was giving them and that they were only interested in information that implicated KC.

Even in his statement made on July 16th, it is NOT favorable to KC at all. In his first telephone call with KC in jail, he is not favorable with her.

I think he saw his mother falling apart and wanted to help her and transferred his rage to Yuri and JA - letting him use this as a reason to believe that KC is innocent.

In his interview with the prosecutors, he says he kept out of the day to day stuff with the family and the pregnancy. Yet George says he was very upset that KC lied to him about the pregnancy.

The whole family lies.

I think GA/CA knew something horrible had happened when they picked up that car. After CA tracks down Casey and Casey refuses to take CA to Caylee...Cindy knew...she had to have known then. That was why she rightly called the police. I mean as soon as GA/CA find Casey and no Caylee and Casey isn't telling them anything remotely plausible about the smell in the trunk (meaning that it was a body just not Caylee's) then game over. You have to know. Even if your heart and mind is totally shattered.

I think GA/CA knew something horrible had happened when they picked up that car. After CA tracks down Casey and Casey refuses to take CA to Caylee...Cindy knew...she had to have known then. That was why she rightly called the police. I mean as soon as GA/CA find Casey and no Caylee and Casey isn't telling them anything remotely plausible about the smell in the trunk (meaning that it was a body just not Caylee's) then game over. You have to know. Even if your heart and mind is totally shattered.

RBBM

I don't want to stray too far off topic here... but WHAT did the conversation between CA/GA sound like, after they got the car home, and he went back to work???

His LE interviews indicate that he recognized that smell and had strong suspicions about what it meant (including vomiting at the end of his interview, at the recall of that smell). Can anyone tell me what must have been said in that garage/house to get him to agree to go back to work and just let CA clean up as best she could??? :waitasec:

You know the old saying: "it's not a threat, it's a promise."?

Whomever was home when Casey and Cindy had the blow up on Fathers Day probably knew that Caylee was a goner as Casey took off with her for the last time from that house.

They knew for sure when they recovered the Pontiac.

RBBM

I don't want to stray too far off topic here... but WHAT did the conversation between CA/GA sound like, after they got the car home, and he went back to work???

His LE interviews indicate that he recognized that smell and had strong suspicions about what it meant (including vomiting at the end of his interview, at the recall of that smell). Can anyone tell me what must have been said in that garage/house to get him to agree to go back to work and just let CA clean up as best she could??? :waitasec:

I guess we could talk about it? Would it be a thread for the parking lot?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back