2011.01.06 Baez Slapped with Formal Sanction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that I remember, I think they are playing word games again. Of course the body wasn't left in any original position. GRR she was scattered. :(
Sorry for the rant

How would they know how the body was left? Am I remembering wrong or did Kronk not lift the bag and her lil head rolled out?

I so believe Judge Perry will hear this Friday. It's such a time sensitive issue. Here, I thought we were going to, at best, hear what sort of hotels the defense wants vs. the State. I was wondering if Baez was going to argue that a 340 page juror questionnaire made up by his "pro-bono" jury selection expert would be crucial to choosing a trial.

Now, I can see Cheney Mason rehashing old complaints... how Henry Lee couldn't work on the site along with le, how HE discovered those 17 hairs (right!), yadda, yadda, yadda...

We've thrown the State a few more crumbs of information... like how Dr. G. messed up the autopsy and the mud in the skull... yadda yadda yadda.

We don't THINK these people will testify...we don't need their reports, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Our hero, Jeff Ashton will stand up and blast them as he has done so many times before.

Judge Perry will ask Mason, "Do you remember what was in my last order?"

Mason will say, "I don't remember..."

Baez will chime in with, "I can explain..." (Mason throws him a dirty look.) We would have been on time but I didn't have all the... oops... the guy was stuck in a horrific traffic jam... er...

Mason will mumble... with all the great information we tossed in this motion we've given the State what they need to ...

Judge Perry: And when are the experts written reports due?

Mason: I don't remember.

Baez: Let me answer that, May 1!

:rocker:
Best. Thread. EVER!

I'm laughing so much, I'm crying!!!

I swear, this is like a 3 Stooges episode or something.

The HUBRIS (thx Bill S) of the defense team is simply staggering.

MM

:rocker: We need to have Tricia seal this thread and put it front and center. I agree with all you said and am laughing myself and can't even put myself to bed. Must read on!

Just saying, preview of Fridays hearing;

Cheney is calling hisself "assistant to counsel", "hey that's me .... look at me judge, I am assisting myself and still didn't get it right. But hey judge, make sure you sanction just Jose cause I have gone 40 years without being sanctiond and I want to go out on a bang, if ya know what I mean, judge. Where is Judge Easton .... he wasn't suppose to leave ...." "Sorry judge, Jose wasn't in the office to sign this so I did because the engine was running on Williams car and he was late in leaving, then had traffic ... ya know judge all those damn tourists driving down the interstate, getting lost. William didn't know the backroads. And he wasn't sure his gas gauge was working properly, didn't want to run out of gas at the Amscot. Those tourists .... thwarted in traffic he was. Trust me judge .... wait, my hearing aid isn't registering, could you repeat that .... Judge, this wasn't due until December 23, 10 not December 15, 2010. It was delivered eight days before it was due. Dontcha remember judge"

:great: Your killing me here CountZero -- and by the way, your count is much higher than zero --- on laughs alone you have at least a million! :great::floorlaugh::great:

I so believe Judge Perry will hear this Friday. It's such a time sensitive issue. Here, I thought we were going to, at best, hear what sort of hotels the defense wants vs. the State. I was wondering if Baez was going to argue that a 340 page juror questionnaire made up by his "pro-bono" jury selection expert would be crucial to choosing a trial.

Now, I can see Cheney Mason rehashing old complaints... how Henry Lee couldn't work on the site along with le, how HE discovered those 17 hairs (right!), yadda, yadda, yadda...

We've thrown the State a few more crumbs of information... like how Dr. G. messed up the autopsy and the mud in the skull... yadda yadda yadda.

We don't THINK these people will testify...we don't need their reports, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Our hero, Jeff Ashton will stand up and blast them as he has done so many times before.

Judge Perry will ask Mason, "Do you remember what was in my last order?"

Mason will say, "I don't remember..."

Baez will chime in with, "I can explain..." (Mason throws him a dirty look.) We would have been on time but I didn't have all the... oops... the guy was stuck in a horrific traffic jam... er...

Mason will mumble... with all the great information we tossed in this motion we've given the State what they need to ...

Judge Perry: And when are the experts written reports due?

Mason: I don't remember.

Baez: Let me answer that, May 1!

And don't forget LDB whipping out that report where Dr. G mentioned the dirt on the inside of the skull. I cannot WAIT for that.

Someone upthread (sorry, can't remember who it was - this place has been really fast & furious tonight!) said that it was OK for any member of the defense team to file this. My guess is Baez was too chicken to defy HHJP himself (yet again)....

But my question is... WHY would Mason want to file this motion on Baez's behalf? I mean, after all, the sanctions were against BAEZ.... so, for the moment anyway, it was all on him. WHY would Mason want to put himself "out there" as he did in this motion?

Has he now left himself open for some kind of sanctions by filing FALSE information? If so, would the State have to file a motion requesting sanctions... could HHJP sanction CM without the State's request... or is this not even something for which CM could have his hands slapped?

I really just don't get it. :banghead:

They brought up those 17 hairs again. No wonder Dr. Lee will not be used. He's probably embarrassed that they are still claiming the doctor found 17 hairs...

So, if Lee doesn't testify, they can't talk about those "hairs" right?

But my question is... WHY would Mason want to file this motion on Baez's behalf? I mean, after all, the sanctions were against BAEZ.... so, for the moment anyway, it was all on him. WHY would Mason want to put himself "out there" as he did in this motion?

Has he now left himself open for some kind of sanctions by filing FALSE information? If so, would the State have to file a motion requesting sanctions... could HHJP sanction CM without the State's request... or is this not even something for which CM could have his hands slapped?

Me either. All that blundering on about forty years and no sanctions, and now he hands HHJP a motion that basically says, "Please, I'm begging you, give me sanctions!" I don't get it at ALL.

And don't forget LDB whipping out that report where Dr. G mentioned the dirt on the inside of the skull. I cannot WAIT for that.

Yikes, I put two posts together and came up with the conclusion that the defense's expert, Werner Spitz called it mud! Dr. G. called it dirt or soil.

If I get going on Dr. Spitz, I'll be banned for life! I've heard too much from him before!

Why didn't he think of using a flashlight? LOL! He just had to desecrate Caylee's tender remains for no good reason at all. It's a crime. :furious:

Snaz, that's an AZLawyer (or any other of the fine legal minds here) question. i don't get it either, lol.

Yikes, I put two posts together and came up with the conclusion that the defense's expert, Werner Spitz called it mud! Dr. G. called it dirt or soil.

If I get going on Dr. Spitz, I'll be banned for life! I've heard too much from him before!

Why didn't he think of using a flashlight? LOL! He just had to desecrate Caylee's tender remains for no good reason at all. It's a crime. :furious:

Oh you should really read the other thread that talks about this. Apparently the method Dr. G used to get the dirt turned it into mud. Like, DUH, Baez.

It was a stupid move to make for sure. Ijust don't think they want to commit to paper and have the SA see this wonderful and perfect strategy they have intended all along to ambush the state with (sarcasm fully intended). And they are fighting tooth and nail to not submit any expert opinions.

A better move would have to file a motion for reconsideration on the previous order instead of raising these issues now. Instead by them not raising certain issues and just filing their submission late they have set themselves up for the judge to say you should have raised these issues before not after and not after you tried to comply with my order but filed it late anyway (and even incomplete at that).

I really hope His Honor just dismisses this "motion" and makes the defense follow the FL criminal laws.

I have frantically been going through my notes and find NOTHING stating the postion of the 'body' except a vague mention of the outline of the trunk stain with the suggestion of a child in the fetal position. :waitasec:

I remember at the Hinky Meter, months ago, when those reports came out and there was talk about Caylee's head being found in an upright position.

Now, I can't remember if that surrounded Roy Kronk finding the bag, and possibly poking at it, etc, and that the skull was upright.
But, I honestly do remember reading people talking about it over there at the time = maybe even one of ValHal's posting?

Sorry folks ~ But, there is "something" to it, but with these clowns, they'll distort anything.

Still lmao at the traffic excuse. I'm surprised they didn't go with..
"but we blew out two front tires on the way to the court house, and then cheny had a mini-stroke, then after hitting a dead squirrel that jumped in front of us, we ran out of gas. We did everything required of the courts and jose pooped in his potty for the first time!!"

My God...am I in a dream?

Just got home, read the motion and now I read this!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

I'm sure this has not gone unnoticed, but this is the only part of this whole sanctions mess that was turned in on time! Lies just roll off their tongues, and quickly, too!

I remember at the Hinky Meter, months ago, when those reports came out and there was talk about Caylee's head being found in an upright position.

Now, I can't remember if that surrounded Roy Kronk finding the bag, and possibly poking at it, etc, and that the skull was upright.
But, I honestly do remember reading people talking about it over there at the time = maybe even one of ValHal's posting?

Sorry folks ~ But, there is "something" to it, but with these clowns, they'll distort anything.

That's where it was talked about! I knew I read about it somewhere! Yes, Hinky Meter went in depth about that. I can't remember the reason it was such a hot topic, but I do remember talk about it. I think it had to do with the root growth, that it would be different if her body was in a different postion or something like that. Gotta love Hinky Meter!

I still don't know what the position of her body after she died has to do with the cost of tea in China, though. It only makes Casey look worse, IMO. It's like instead of picking things to dispute to help Casey, they're so desperate, they're looking for ANYTHING to dispute at this point whether it helps Casey or not. That is not the way to defend anyone.

OMG it was not only traffic, but it was that they were THWARTED by traffic!

:floorlaugh:

THWARTED!!! by TRAFFIC!!!!

:drink:

The defense does seem to enjoy using that word, THWARTED, don't they. :rolleyes:

Perhaps it is the "word of the week", and thank GAWD...cuz I was getting tired of last week's words: "Quite Frankly."

I think I get it now. Baez is supposed to defend KC. Mason is there to defend Baez. And Finnell is there to dig them both out of the contempt hole and keep KC off death row.

Only Finnell has a shot. The other 2 should sue for ineffective representation.

Gee, IfIMay, you only have 10 posts so far, but I nominate this one for "Post of the Day!" :floorlaugh:

I went back and reread the motion.

After Slabaugh escaped the defense-thwarting traffic, the next line reads:

7. "On the following morning, December 15, 2010, assistant to your undersigned counsel (Mason) did hand deliver the entire package to both the State Attorney's Office and to the Clerk of Court."

Colored red by me. IMO, we all just so expected this to be a motion by Baez we let this slip by, but it does state Mason's assistant and not Mason delivered the package. Also, unfortunately for my giggle factor, Mason is not referring to himself as Baez's assistant. Dang.

The other thing I couldn't help but wonder was what is the cutoff for amount of pages to be faxed to the Clerk of Court? Since only 2 of the 10 were due at 12pm on December 14, 2010, could the Slabaugh guy not have faxed the pages relating to just those 2? Or, if Mason's office was in Orlando, could he not have faxed those two to the assistant, therefore thwarting the traffic, and had her deliver them if she was closer? Or faxed them to Ashton? It just seems like they take something simple and make it into this big, complicated ordeal. Then there is always what I consider the simplest option, which would be to have the stuff done and delivered by 5pm December 13, 2010, just to be on the safe side.

Ha, good! I was worried "circus monkey" was going over the line, LOL.

And I just read the motion, and wish I hadn't. Wow. Everybody ELSE'S fault. They want to play word games, even! "It was subject matter, not substance". OMG, so SCHOOLYARD! And including the email between Baez and Ashton was just TACKY!

I have to say, being an English teacher, that reference to a grammar error was WRONG. Leaving out information you forgot to put in a sentence does NOT make it incomplete. A grammar error is a misplaced comma or not finishing a thought. Sounds to me like they "oops" forgot that information. I wish I could see the original sentence to be sure, but I'm calling a CROCK on their being a grammar error!

And yes, VERY disrespectful wording. Apparently Dr. G is a hack who doesn't know what she's doing and it's the COURT that's incompetent! OMG, who do these people think they are to talk that way? It's one thing to question something honestly, it's quite another to hurl insults like they do. So unprofessional! Oooh, my blood was BOILING with some of that wording!

Please, God, please let this come up at the hearing on Friday. I don't understand how someone can be so unprofessional yet still have a job...

Bold mine.

I hope it is brought up on the 14th, because what was going to be a boring status hearing has now become one that may even out-do the last one where JB got sanctioned! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona