2011.01.06 Baez Slapped with Formal Sanction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or the cell phone pings of "Mr William Slabaugh, esq, of the Baez Law Firm," who I'm sure just loves being designated scapegoat in a court motion in such a high profile case.

I'm still laughing over the excuse of him leaving Kissimmee in the Afternoon to be THWARTED by traffic and arriving in Orlando at 5:02pm..:floorlaugh: considering the file was due at NOON...:floorlaugh:

When she was a body it is possible she may have been upright. Once the animal activity started I doubt there was much left in the bag to kept the remains upright so the skull probably did end up on it's side. Not sure I'm getting the good doctor's point here. Wouldn't the mud be deposited after there was no more tissue? He certainly did not think the skeleton remains would stay upright after being in the water? If that is all he can testify to, good luck with that. jmo

And the critters. Don't forget the critter activity. :frown:

From reading the motion by Mason, I interpret it to say the following:

Bock, Fairgrave and Huntington have been deposed by the State, so the defense does not have to do anything else with them, right?

Henry Lee - unlikely to have to testify

Reichs - not anticipated to provide testimony

Spitz - IF called

Furton and Logan - for Frye Hearing - not trial

Leeson - unlikely to be called to testify

Rodriguez - IF called

Eikelenboom - May be required

Freeman - gone with the wind

So out of 12 expert witnesses ONLY the 3 who have already been deposed are definitely going to testify - well of course they are, defense has no choice in those three. Not ONE of the remaining 9 experts will be REQUIRED to testify - meaning the defense does not have to furnish a report from them.

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! The names of MOST of the experts have not been withdrawn, so to speak - well, maybe Freeman can be considered to be withdrawn - but aside from the 3 already deposed - Mason does not say that ANY of them will actually testify. Oh why am I not surprised????

We can't take their word on anything though. They may have completely different plans than what they've laid out and are simply playing word games and being evasive. I don't put much stock in anything they're saying at the moment regarding the experts.

Next think you know, they're going to ask for a mistrial because they can't adequately defend their client. Watch. It's so going to happen! I'm actually starting to think that a mistrial is what they are going for.

:waitasec:

Don't you have to *have* a trial before it can be declared a mistrial?

'Late by reason of traffic' buddy swore an affadavit that he had printed and attempted to deliver the CV's of 10 people. That's wonderful and stuff but what about the other info (subject matter, reports,etc) that were ordered to be submitted?

Yeah, and he didn't know about the traffic debacle when the judge asked him about it. Took him 5 days to come up with this - excuse....... yeah, sure. LOL with that CM!
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::loser:

Yeah, and he didn't know about the traffic debacle when the judge asked him about it. Took him 5 days to come up with this - excuse....... yeah, sure. LOL with that CM!

Don't forget it was SEVERE traffic debacle :floorlaugh:

I'm still laughing over the excuse of him leaving Kissimmee in the Afternoon to be THWARTED by traffic and arriving in Orlando at 5:02pm..:floorlaugh: considering the file was due at NOON...:floorlaugh:

And, that isn't the story that Baez told HHJP when asked why it was filed past the deadline on on Dec 14.

They brought up those 17 hairs again. No wonder Dr. Lee will not be used. He's probably embarrassed that they are still claiming the doctor found 17 hairs...

"not anticipated" "unlikely" "may be called".

meh.

Yeah. I'm thinking Judge Perry will simply say "In or Out? Which is it? In's MUST produce reports and Out's WILL NOT be testifying at trial! JB, you decide.....

I am without words. Truly.

I have only read the first 2 pgs and decided to close it out, fix a stiff cocktail and meditate for a few moments ... (days?) before posting my thoughts.

I am embarrassed for my profession. :sigh: :(

Beach, please don't feel that way. I know that you work as hard for your clients as I do. Truly. We provide excellent work product. JB and company do not. I have a high billable rate and I'm sure you do as well. I understand that my clients are paying good money for my services. And I do everything possible to give them their dollars worth. JB doesn't have that kind of work ethic.

You shouldn't be embarrassed JB and company SHOULD be.

So apparently everything is thwarting them, not the other way around (how about planning earlier than filing EVERYTHING at 5pm, WHEN THERE IS RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC? Sheesh! And don't get me started on Dr. Lee being thwarted OMG...)

And in some backwards universe an attorney with over forty years experience is playing assistant to the equivalent of a circus monkey with a law degree.

Am I in the Twilight Zone? And I haven't even read the motion yet, nor do I think I want to!

But you have to read the motion. No one has even talked yet (at the time I got to this post, anyways) about the fax and email attachments with all the scribbled out parts (he must have learned that from Casey, since that's what she does in court, write stuff down and then scribble it out.) and his 'modified' attempt at the list of experts and subject matter, OMG, I have to laugh, and his little snide comments in parenthesis directed to Ashton (YOU KNOW WHAT THIS ONE IS ABOUT), and (YOU ALREADY KNOW THIS, YOU OBJECTED TO IT IN COURT AND YOU READ MY MOTION) and one of my faves after an expert's name (digital forensics, you know, about the computer). I also like how he explains how the DNA expert may testify about DNA. (I need a smiley laughing so hard it's wiping away tears, which is what I'm doing, and I'm going to end my post now before I laugh so hard I wet myself...)

OMG, They are blaming the lateness of the 300-page filing on TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, and this after His Honor SPECIFICALLY asked Baez why he had not filed his response in a timely manner and Baez responded to His Honor that no, he had not considered calling to request an extension of time; that he just assumed that it would be all right and would be accepted.

CEO? I thought she was the thumb.

She's also something that rhymes with thumb.

Especially if she sees the crap her representation is trying to pull.

there is really only one question I feel that we MUST know the answer to at this point:

Which "word of the day" calendar had the word THWART on it recently, JB's or CM's? :)

roflmao - from page 3:

".....specified the five specific things that the defense was now being required to do. They are as follows:

i. blah, blah, blah

i. yada, yada, yada

ii. boo hiss, boo hiss

iii. yawn, yawn, yawn

iv. they.still.cannot.count!!!

back to reading...

The traffic "doesn't hold water" :innocent:!

The deadline was 3:00pm on 12/23/2010. How can they possibly argue that he was "thwarted" by traffic, is he saying a 31 minute drive turned into 2.5 hours hmmmmm

Here is the map I used : 522 Simpson Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34744 to 425 N Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801 - Google Maps

Love the map! But - wasn't the deadline NOON?

Wonder if the clerks office logs all incoming calls -- would be fun to know what time they called and asked - or if they did -- geez, who did the guy talk to.
Sorry - but why would he not have told judge this when asked - not that that would have mattered but this is just a fabricated excuse not worthy of third grade. IMHO, etc

Yup - Quite correct - CM went from "I don't know" to $%^&*( traffic caused all the problems. That took you five days CM? Or did Jose just ask you yesterday for a teensy loan for $580.00 plus change? :innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Horusthetortoise