2011.01.25 Baez Unavailability and Correspondence

What ever his reason, y'all made me cackle..

I'm almost feeling pity for him.
I get so caught up in the pools and eddys of this story..you sort of forget everyone involved would love to just curl up in jammies for one night for a little t.v. watchin' snuggle..
But they can't .. sucks...if I may use the venacular...
Oh, wait.. the side representing a little peanut named Caylee, they have their homework done.. Pass the popcorn.

I believe the term is ineffective assistance of counsel.

The notice of unavailability could be for any number of things, we are all speculating. His foreclosure, another case, a scheduled medical procedure, etc. Bottom line is I think they are doing everything in their power to prevent this trial from starting 5/9/2011, especially with the filing of the extension of expert info.

I know these dates came up in a recent hearing, and I specifically remember LDB explaining that there was a conflict with someone, because according to the original order, these motions were to be heard before 2/28/2011.

I'm not concerned with his conflict with the dates and I am not speculating at all that he may be attending any conference for whatever reason. What I am concerned with however, is that he continually seems to have a problem with the guidelines set up by this judge appearing to be less and less qualified to handle this case as time goes on. How much more obvious does it have to get before being deemed "ineffective assistance of counsel"?

I was just thinking that and didn't JB say he paid them an initial fee from the blood money.

SDavidson, you just sparked a memory in me that has me thinking :waitasec:

Thank you! :seeya:

Does anyone recall when Sleutherontheside spent hours listening to Andrea Lyon tapes & lectures to defense attorneys and posted synopsis?

One of the tidbits of advice from AL was for defense attorneys to immediately consult with as many experts as possible and pay them a small initial fee in order to "lock them in" and prevent the prosecution from team from soliciting their expertise for their cases? (This is in the AL thread)

All these "defense experts" who now appear to be "unavailable" or appear to be dodging Baez, could these experts be ones that AL initially "paid" to review reports when she came on board, but after reviewing reports and documents, stated their opinions WOULDN'T benefit this defense and they moved on over a year ago?

I would assume that AL would NOT want a written report created by the expert after his review that may be beneficial to the prosecution, as the defense would be REQUIRED to turn this report over to LDB and JA, no?

So AL declined the offer of a written report?

AL is now gone...leaving behind her work product...

Is Baez under the ASSumption these experts have something for him....because he wasn't LISTENING to AL from the get go?

If JB plans on attending the convention maybe Kathy Belich should lie in wait for him outside the entrance doors. I'm sure he would be delighted to run into her.

I want her to hide in the bushes with her cameraman and videotape Baez accosting all these experts with crayons and color charts in hand as they attempt to enter the building!

:great: :floorlaugh:

Does anyone recall when Sleutherontheside spent hours listening to Andrea Lyon tapes & lectures to defense attorneys and posted synopsis?

One of the tidbits of advice from AL was for defense attorneys to immediately consult with as many experts as possible and pay them a small initial fee in order to "lock them in" and prevent the prosecution from team from soliciting their expertise for their cases? (This is in the AL thread)

All these "defense experts" who now appear to be "unavailable" or appear to be dodging Baez, could these experts be ones that AL initially "paid" to review reports when she came on board, but after reviewing reports and documents, stated their opinions WOULDN'T benefit this defense and they moved on over a year ago?

I would assume that AL would NOT want a written report created by the expert after his review that may be beneficial to the prosecution, as the defense would be REQUIRED to turn this report over to LDB and JA, no?

Is Baez under the ASSumption these experts have something for him....because he wasn't LISTENING to AL from the get go?

Found the link where this is mentioned as well as link to podcast.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93958&highlight=andrea+lyon

From SOS post:

She also discusses an issue with paid experts. That you should always follow the money. She found that one particular phychiatrist voted 100% of the time with the side that paid him. She started sending him $100 to do a brief consult on her cases in order that he would not be called for the Prosecution.

I wonder if he will be attending this convention (smack dab in the middle of the trial) naw....not this year, surly haha:floorlaugh:

OT Baez
According to his Facebook page, JB is quite content with AL's performance in court.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...&v=wall&ref=ts

I reckon he's going to be unavailable on 5/23 and 5/24. He's planning to attend some sort of sex seminar or workshop.

Hahahaha....
Last edited by suzihawk; 05-13-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: stupid typo

I know Kathy Reichs is a member of the American Academy of Forensic Sciene and I bet Dr. Rodriguez is too. As Nore noted upthread, the annual meeting is the same week as JB will be unavailable. When he said a 'unique' opportunity, it is possible a number of his other experts will be attending the meeting too.

Or maybe he will be shopping for replacements and volunteers!

..those dates are a monday (21) through friday (25) , that sounds more work related than a vacation to me.

The Courts are not opened Saturday and Sunday so he wouldn't have to include the Weekend.

I never booked weekends as vacation time only weekdays..:)

I believe the term is ineffective assistance of counsel.

The notice of unavailability could be for any number of things, we are all speculating. His foreclosure, another case, a scheduled medical procedure, etc. Bottom line is I think they are doing everything in their power to prevent this trial from starting 5/9/2011, especially with the filing of the extension of expert info.

I know these dates came up in a recent hearing, and I specifically remember LDB explaining that there was a conflict with someone, because according to the original order, these motions were to be heard before 2/28/2011.

(bold by me)

Good point nums!

and maybe he is finally getting that mole on his face taken care of! YNK! (You Never Know)

Excellent points, Kentjbkent! It would SO be like Baez to think his homework is done because someone else was supposed to have done it, and of course it's perfect, so he doesn't bother to look at it until the Judge lights a fire under his butt! He probably assured Mason that all of these experts were on board. I can just hear the conversation between Mason and Baez, and I'm sure it ended with Baez confused as to why Mason started banging his head against the wall...

I'm starting to think Mason drinks Pepto Bismol like wine. No wonder he's incomprehensible in court...

Since Dr Lee's REPORT is moot and Baez states he won't be called on to testify..
1) Has Dr Lee been removed from the Defense Expert Witness List yet? Does he need to be removed?

I see Baez states Dr Freeman has been withdrawn.

Dr Leeson, is a consultant and will not be called as a Witness..Is he on the Defense Witness list?

In regards to Dr Spitz..how can "everything he will testify to has been furnished to the Prosecution" when he states his report is not yet complete?

Dr Logan :floorlaugh: well we haven't been able to reach him lately BUT he used to talk to us in the past..:floorlaugh: we think since he is a Nationally recognized chemist he must be too busy to return our multiple attempts to reach him. :floorlaugh:

When was Dr Rodriguez retained? Baez states recently?IMO.. I don't think so...
Recently
Of, belonging to, or occurring at a time immediately before the present.

I'm not concerned with his conflict with the dates and I am not speculating at all that he may be attending any conference for whatever reason. What I am concerned with however, is that he continually seems to have a problem with the guidelines set up by this judge appearing to be less and less qualified to handle this case as time goes on. How much more obvious does it have to get before being deemed "ineffective assistance of counsel"?

I do not think that is what is happening here. I believe essentially what JB is doing is running through a pasture trying to avoid the "cow pies". There is no way to defend her, which is becoming more and more obvious to those who are following the case closely. JB is attempting to make it look as if his client is innocent, as he has publicly announced on many an occasion, and he has nothing, nothing to back up his theory. In truth, we may not like the truth, he is doing the best he can to put up a smoke screen. He has to walk that fine line because there is nothing to prove KC is innocent as he has claimed. KC has nothing to complain about because the evidence is there, circumstancial or not, it is what it is and JB can't make it go away.

I truly believe they are attempting to save her life but they know there is no way they will win this case against her. Right now it's about damage control. He knows they are already defeated. He's just trying to minimize the damage. jmo

Since Dr Lee's REPORT is moot and Baez states he won't be called on to testify..
1) Has Dr Lee been removed from the Defense Expert Witness List yet? Does he need to be removed?

I see Baez states Dr Freeman has been withdrawn.

Dr Leeson, is a consultant and will not be called as a Witness..Is he on the Defense Witness list?

In regards to Dr Spitz..how can "everything he will testify to has been furnished to the Prosecution" when he states his report is not yet complete?

Dr Logan :floorlaugh: well we haven't been able to reach him lately BUT he used to talk to us in the past..:floorlaugh: we think since he is a Nationally recognized chemist he must be too busy to return our multiple attempts to reach him. :floorlaugh:

When was Dr Rodriguez retained? Baez states recently?IMO.. I don't think so...

So it sounds like we should be looking forward to another motion from the State.

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26611795/detail.html

The Defendant, Miss Anthony, has been declared Indigent for Costs. This has limited her ability to have all her experts together to properly consult with and furnish all information needed, in order for them to reach well-formed opinions

Is Baez claiming Casey is being THWARTED by money? .After Baez spent $275,000 of Casey's money, that should have went to prepare for this case and properly defend her...

Is Baez claiming;

Money is the reason the Experts are unable to be together...

Money is the reason the Experts are not furnished with all the information needed..

Money is the reason the Experts can not reach a well-informed opinion.

:waitasec: I guess it really is all about Money for Baez..

I do not think that is what is happening here. I believe essentially what JB is doing is running through a pasture trying to avoid the "cow pies". There is no way to defend her, which is becoming more and more obvious to those who are following the case closely. JB is attempting to make it look as if his client is innocent, as he has publicly announced on many an occasion, and he has nothing, nothing to back up his theory. In truth, we may not like the truth, he is doing the best he can to put up a smoke screen. He has to walk that fine line because there is nothing to prove KC is innocent as he has claimed. KC has nothing to complain about because the evidence is there, circumstancial or not, it is what it is and JB can't make it go away.

I truly believe they are attempting to save her life but they know there is no way they will win this case against her. Right now it's about damage control. He knows they are already defeated. He's just trying to minimize the damage. jmo

I'd agree with this if I thought Baez was a competent attorney. But he's not. It's more like he's trying to save his career that he banked on a defendant he thought to be innocent, or at least thought he could prove innocent and make big bucks off of at the same time. Now he's up sh** creek without a paddle, and is doing everything he can to salvage what is left of his career, if anything is left. I think Ms. Boss won't give him the out he wants, and I think people are backing away like the defense is a plague at this point, and he's just left with little to nothing to work with. He should have done harder work sooner, not assume that these experts that AL got on board would have something to exonerate Casey. He's done nothing, and has nothing to show for it. I don't and never will feel sorry for him or think he's doing his job. He is a black smear on the law profession, an embarrassment. He is reaping now what he sowed by having dollar signs in his eyes instead of really defending a client that needs a defense.

The Courts are not opened Saturday and Sunday so he wouldn't have to include the Weekend.

I never booked weekends as vacation time only weekdays..:)

IDK, I'm thinking that HHJP has stated he isn't opposed to working weekends to get things done and on time.....

http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26611795/detail.html

Is Baez claiming Casey is being THWARTED by money? .After Baez spent $275,000 of Casey's money, that should have went to prepare for this case and properly defend her...

Is Baez claiming;

Money is the reason the Experts are unable to be together...

Money is the reason the Experts are not furnished with all the information needed..

Money is the reason the Experts can not reach a well-informed opinion.

:waitasec: I guess it really is all about Money for Baez..

I've been out of the work force force for several years now (trying to re-join but that is another story)----BUT am well aware that they have these things called computers along with other various electronic gagets that you really don't need to be in the same area as everyone and still have a meeting to go over whatever.....:waitasec:--I even recall the Judge mentioning that they could skype or whatever some of the depos....they are just pulling at nothing right now and sinking fast....

Before when Baez filed a Notice of Unavailability, he also filed it for all his other open cases. I'm not seeing that occur this time. Is he being "selectively" unavailable only for the Anthony case?

:waitasec: Does he even have other cases? Seriously?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kebrando
Back