TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #50

Status
Not open for further replies.
she wants to talk about someone she called a person of interest

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/30/missing-teens-mom-wants-to-talk-to-media-today/?print=1

At this time investigators can't confirm this person is a person of interest but continue to say there are several persons of interest in this case.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336676

LE hasn't named this guy a person of interest. Sure looks to me like Billie has.

Since when do citizens name POIs in criminal investigations?

That could come back to bite her in the butt. Dangerous I think. Isnt that tampering with an investigation or something?

She doeth protest too much about SA and trying to steer the investigation away from him she makes him look more guilty. She needs to leave the investigation to LE.

BD is a "Stand By Your Man" person even when that person has been named a #1 suspect in her daughters disappearance. I think that gives good insight into the dynamics in that home. Probably whatever SA wanted he got. The bf first, kids last.Even now she appears to want to do everything to get him back in that house more than finding her daughter. Even if she isnt involved this just makes me sick. :(

Press conference should be interesting to say the least......JMO

Billie Jean Dunn, the mother of missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, has scheduled her own news conference for 1 p.m. today.

Dunn said Sunday night that she hopes to clarify details regarding the day — Dec. 27 — her daughter is believed to have gone missing. Also, she wants to talk about someone she called a person of interest.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/30/missing-teens-mom-wants-to-talk-to-media-today/

bbm

Wait a minute. I thought it was going to be 3 days - Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday...

This leaves me drawing a blank! We don't know of anyone that can't be accounted for..so why would it knock our socks off? ..and the better question for me would be why am I even trying to figure it out when I believe it's BS to begin with, lol! I wouldn't be surprised if her "press conference" didn't even address this tomorrow...I certainly don't think it will.. at least not with LE's approval..we'll see! Time to call it a night...Hopefully we will have real news in the AM...Nite All!

Somebody we don't know, but who the whole family knows. And not connected to Shawn. And not a friend of Billie's.

But our socks will be knocked off? Doesn't make sense.

bbm

Wait a minute. I thought it was going to be 3 days - Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday...

I have a feeling it will be your time line she reads from to be honest:) I have thought since i first read about it.

CZ did say it was about the best time line she had seen...

Wonder if CD has been kept in the loop with this new mystery man. BD said in that article that the whole family knew him (or of him). So, would BD have told CD about this new threat and the "mystery man"? Would relly like to hear CD's thoughts on this.

This is what I want to hear. What Clint thinks of the mystery man. Does Clint think this is a viable lead? Has Clint tossed the affidavits and the fact that Shawn is suspect named by LE? Or does he feel that LE is on the right track?

I have a feeling it will be your time line she reads from to be honest:) I have thought since i first read about it.

CZ did say it was about the best time line she had seen...

Bite your tongue lol. My timeline is all "I dunno if this happened here... or here" and "First it was said this happened here... and then it was changed to here". Pick whatever time you want. Put the timeline on a dartboard. lol.

Well, BD has been trying to point LE at Clint since the start with SA's bs story, then her "inaccurate" interpretation and unauthorized revelation of the bloodhound results (later rescinded), then the red earring red herring, then on to the bogus hairdresser sighting of Hailey with a 7 year old AA boy...

So, I'm betting mystery man is associated primarily with Clint (maybe someone who he did time with way back when and kept in touch with up until a year ago) or NS (ex-boyfriend or something..). I think this is just one more sorry attempt to get her butt and SA's off the hot seat, no matter who she hurts..

FWIW: At the start of this case, both Hailey's parents were on my radar - always need to be until ruled out. Neither gets a pass from me on the apparent instability in Hailey's home life. But, LE, who has arrested Clint for minor drug offenses twice in the past year and knows he had problems with the law in his youth, don't seem to have any suspicions whatsoever about him. He checked out, imo. Billie, on the other hand, keeps launching thinly veiled insinuations that Clint's home is the one that should be looked at more closely. At this point, I truly believe Clint has nothing to hide and Billie has nothing to lose by pointing fingers here, there, and everywhere. She is not concerned about pointing in a direction that will lead to her daughter, she is concerned only about pointing in a direction that leads away from "her house". JMO and speculations based on the trends in this case... It's only a month old, and there are already some definite patterns when it comes to BD's stories...

Well, BD has been trying to point LE at Clint since the start with SA's bs story, then her "inaccurate" interpretation and unauthorized revelation of the bloodhound results (later rescinded), then the red earring red herring, then on to the bogus hairdresser sighting of Hailey with a 7 year old AA boy...

So, I'm betting mystery man is associated primarily with Clint (maybe someone who he did time with way back when and kept in touch with up until a year ago) or NS (ex-boyfriend or something..). I think this is just one more sorry attempt to get her butt and SA's off the hot seat, no matter who she hurts..

FWIW: At the start of this case, both Hailey's parents were on my radar - always need to be until ruled out. Neither gets a pass from me on the apparent instability in Hailey's home life. But, LE, who has arrested Clint for minor drug offenses twice in the past year and knows he had problems with the law in his youth, don't seem to have any suspicions whatsoever about him. He checked out, imo. Billie, on the other hand, keeps launching thinly veiled insinuations that Clint's home is the one that should be looked at more closely. At this point, I truly believe Clint has nothing to hide and Billie has nothing to lose by pointing fingers here, there, and everywhere. She is not concerned about pointing in a direction that will lead to her daughter, she is concerned only about pointing in a direction that leads away from "her house". JMO and speculations based on the trends in this case... It's only a month old, and there are already some definite patterns when it comes to BD's stories...

I guess it will be written,printed off ready to be read in time for the one oclock press conference and copies ready for reporters in time for the evening news.Will it be live today?

So does everyone think this press conference is actually going to happen today? I'm still thinking there will either be a cancellation at the last minute or it will not be anything like what we were told be CZ that is was going to be. JMO, of course.

very very well said yllek

Thank you laurensmom. And one last thing before I head out, does this mystery man set up remind you of the hairdresser set up?

Billie's friend breaks the hairdresser news here. She assures us, for a fact, that hairdresser doesn't even know Billie or SA. Yet the hairdresser knows Billie's friend and has told her all about the sighting, but no one has told Billie. A lot of people here don't buy it. Next day on NG, both Billie and hairdresser admit to being neighbors whose children and grandchildren grew up together. FBI interviews hairdresser twice and dismisses the sighting as uncorroborated. Failed attempt to deflect..

Enter the mystery man. Billie's friend assures us that he is not a friend or associate of Billie, SA, or anyone known to us in the case. But, when we learn his identity it will make our jaws drop. A lot of people here don't buy it. Next day, Billie reveals that he was a family friend for years...

I won't be around for the presser, but looking forward to reading the comments by the other posters here when I get home this afternoon!

So does everyone think this press conference is actually going to happen today? I'm still thinking there will either be a cancellation at the last minute or it will not be anything like what we were told be CZ that is was going to be. JMO, of course.

I don't think it will be cancelled,but you probably have the rest right.Does LE know she's naming a person of interest,since she was suppose to have met with them about the press conference?

I wonder how much detail BD will give on the mystery suspect. I can only imagine that this PC may alienate LE, they have chosen not to release any info on the other POI's.

On the other hand, if you were innocent and felt that LE was looking at the wrong person, maybe a PC of this nature would put public pressure on them to take her seriously and act.

I dunno, I have climbed up and down the fence so much my thighs look like a sumo wrestler. My gut says she knows something and is lying or worse she is complicit with SA and has no choice but to continue the charade, but the Mom in me has difficulty with feeling she could hurt Hailey or help cover up her death.

BBM-Exactly. I know I would try to get the correct information to the public so they would quit focusing on me and look at someone else so the focus would return back to Hailey. LE has not been forthcoming with information and the info LE does release contradicts itself so at this point and time I don't blame her a bit.

I have installed a little trampoline at the edge of my fence, it is easier to just bounce up and down off of it.:great:

I don't think it will be cancelled,but you probably have the rest right.Does LE know she's naming a person of interest,since she was suppose to have met with them about the press conference?

Remember when she said this:

"The important thing people need to remember is not slandering me," said Dunn. Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20028424-504083.html

I wonder if she will remember this when she names her person of interest?

bbm

Yeah, we lost 2 days again! And we know nada happened outside the house on the 27th (well, I'm certain anyway). If Billie uses this presser to try and resurrect all of the fully investigated and ruled out sightings on Monday the 27th, I just might scream...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500