TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #55

Status
Not open for further replies.
CD was able to show that he can't see BD being able to harm their daughter, and that they both love Hailey. It is agony not knowing where Hailey is, even for us. I would think if SA cared at all for BD he'd move to get himself cleared. His not staying at work that day....chilling info, IMO. He's not giving any answers anymore. What is BD to think? I'd hate to be in her shoes.

It's a reasonable theory - I would probably only add one thing - to me, it seems like his behavior at work that day points to the idea that he was focused so much on [one thing], that he forgot some [other important thing] he left undone at home, and had to rush back out of work. Maybe he went in to get the Dr Pepper to try to work through whatever he was remembering, but then realized that he had to leave to fix [whatever the problem was].

He ended up telling Billie that he got fired because he basically abandoned his job that day.

Just my own thoughts on that day.

Opinion Only

Shoot - he possibly came home to remove that pillow from the bed that BD mistook for Hailey. They usually left at the same time (he could have used the bathroom and removed the pillow whilst BD was in the car).
He was called in early the night before, and had to leave BD to get her ride.

(dicey I know, but it wasn't how it was planned - he got lucky that BD didn't check too closely)

It would explain both his abruptly leaving work, and the very short time he was at the home.
He was 'off the grid' pingwise for a couple of hours, that is when he likely admired his handiwork.

It's late, I'm tired and I probably read too many books.

Respectfully, a few things:
1. You could definitely tell that the first part of her press confernece wasn't being read off of a sheet of paper and she was certainly emotional. Its good that you types out the second part (the timeline) because that isn't the kind of thing that you can recite off the top of your head.

2. I know its your opinion, but I don't see how Billie has been put in the position to defend SA in order to defend herself. I think most people had the utmost sympathy for her at the beginning. It was only when she started the, if I may be so blunt, bizzarro defenses of SA that people began to give her the side eye. Particualrly after the affadavits came out.

Personally I don't think she had anything to do with Hailey's dissappearance but i just don't get why she keeps trying to make his story fit.

3. I understand why she couldn't name the allegeded guy who threatened her and D but I really wish SA's whereabouts on Tuesday would have been mentioned. I know you have said before that SA told BD he was at his mom's, but that is so vague. I mean, he clearly spent a lot of time describing his route home from werk on Monday and the times he was at his Grandma's house and his Mom's house. That is down to the minute, so why is tuesday such a mystery. I can't imagine BD is okay with that vague answer. Maybe y'all are just frustrated as we are.

Can I say y'all? Even if I'm from Canada? :D

Honestly, I agree with you on all points. I wish that Billie didn't feel the need to defend him either. Again, MOO, it is because she feels like she has to answer for him because she is the one who was in a relationship with him.

And I will say that I am very frustrated. Not necessarily with Billie, but the entire situation.

And you certainly may say "y'all"... just remember to draw it out really well and add a twang to it, lol.

3. I understand why she couldn't name the allegeded guy who threatened her and D but I really wish SA's whereabouts on Tuesday would have been mentioned.

I can't imagine BD is okay with that vague answer. Maybe y'all are just frustrated as we are.

Can I say y'all? Even if I'm from Canada? :D

Respectfully snipped BBM

Maybe LE asked her NOT to which of course adds to the frustration

I dont believe BD is okay with that vague answer

I most certainly know how frustrated I am imagine this is their daughter....

oh and yes you can lol eh and y'all :D

Le has SA on their radar and isn't concerned about the town being at risk. So that said.
Clint has the right idea about getting out of the box and doing what you can elsewhere.

That's a definite possibility. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the motel has an objection to showing the tapes to someone other than LE to protect the privacy of their guests.

Good thinking. Yes, suppose someone was having an affair, and somehow it gets out in a legal arena, and the motel is blamed for showing the tapes to the general public. Law suit.

IMO, he's already had PLENTY of time to do the right thing. He hasn't. I'm afraid he's stringing BD along in hope of creating more confusion too.

I'm with LE on this - SA has the answers. I want to hear HIS timeline down to the last nanosecond. :snooty:

Is this perhaps why TES has not begun a search? (not public at least)
I mean no disrespect... but if it is largely believed SA knows where HD is.... then what? :waitasec:

That's a definite possibility. The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the motel has an objection to showing the tapes to someone other than LE to protect the privacy of their guests.

I don't think so. All LE needed is a search warrant with probable cause and it would be done and over with, IMO.

BD and CD have BOTH expressed their displeasure at this investigation into their missing daughter. BD got slammed for that, by the way.

Good thinking. Yes, suppose someone was having an affair, and somehow it gets out in a legal arena, and the motel is blamed for showing the tapes to the general public. Law suit.

NOT. A legal search warrant exempts the hotel because they have NO choice but to comply. Local LE didn't do squat. IMO

I think we have to remember that LE has had some helps and hints from both the Texas Rangers and the FBI. It's not just the small town police who have worked on this case.

That makes me think they might be holding back some information that could be corroborated by someone else in the future . . . or something.

Frustration I can completely understand, though. Who in the world wouldn't be frustrated when trying to search every day for their own missing child? OMG - it's a nightmare.

Hahaha

Wouldnt matter. It is legal to film people in public. Nothing to sue for as long as the release of the tapes was not for money.

The only time you cannot is when you are in a place that you expect a reasonable degree of privacy. A bathroom ,locker room etc..

Is this perhaps why TES has not begun a search? (not public at least)
I mean no disrespect... but if it is largely believed SA knows where HD is.... then what? :waitasec:

I think TES does searches, regardless of whether or not there is a suspect, they know that suspects usually are not going to confess and lead LE to the body. But they can't search without an idea of where, and, as we know, without an invitation from LE.

Le has SA on their radar and isn't concerned about the town being at risk. So that said.
Clint has the right idea about getting out of the box and doing what you can elsewhere.

Personally, I do feel that the town is at risk.... if it was SA, who's to say that he wont decide that if he is going to go down, that he might as well go down in a big way, and do something else. It's not like LE is watching him around the clock.

And if was not SA, then who could it be? And what else might they do and hope that he gets blamed for that also.

Not speaking for anyone but myself right now, as just a citizen of CCity. It is total BS that LE has not done anything (in MOO anyway) to reassure anyone living here that we are safe. Oh, well, besides going to the middle school and telling all the kids - including my 12 year old - (paraphrasing) that their parents are overreacting and no one should change any of their habits and it is just fine for them to continue walking around and being outside by themselves. I nearly blew a gasket when I heard that from my kid.

Edit - not bashing LE, just MOOing my frustration

I don't think so. All LE needed is a search warrant with probable cause and it would be done and over with, IMO.

BD and CD have BOTH expressed their displeasure at this investigation into their missing daughter. BD got slammed for that, by the way.

Didnt Mk make say something that we chatted it up about along this subject?

Prayers for Hailey and her Family on another long, cold night. Stay strong.

I just finished listening to the replay of Clint's interview and I wanted to comment on two of poster's (that I greatly admired) comments on the last thread & I am not sure if I have done this correctly. I am technically challenged.

lynnb
user_offline.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne37
and if you ask me, Marc Klaas should have been in town offering his support to Clint instead of Billie.

~jmo~

IMO, both MK and Dienna Thompson should listen to this interview

I believe (trust) MK had a reason for doing what he did and may still do, as this isn't his first rodeo, but I hope he has been in touch with Clint too. It will be interesting to see what he does. I trust MK, I also hope TES comes in too, when they see fit.

Diena, her organization is new...is the the first grant, 2nd. 3rd??? Regardless, I am going to just say it, I am rather shocked that this organization would give a grant (whether big or small) to the mother of a "basically" live-in boyfriend, who is a named suspect (LE doesn't name a suspect lightly) in the case of a missing child. IIRC the perimeters of the foundation were set-out for donations and this case doesn't meet the test that was originally stated. Although, her heart maybe in the right place, I would HATE to see something go wrong here, as you can all imagine how it would taint possible future/past donations. There is such a fine line...between helping & then (hindsight) finding your donations went to.... I hope that doesn't happen, but...I am worried and had to say it at this point, it is possibility. Can I add the word CRAP?

Personally, I do feel that the town is at risk.... if it was SA, who's to say that he wont decide that if he is going to go down, that he might as well go down in a big way, and do something else. It's not like LE is watching him around the clock.

And if was not SA, then who could it be? And what else might they do and hope that he gets blamed for that also.

Not speaking for anyone but myself right now, as just a citizen of CCity. It is total BS that LE has not done anything (in MOO anyway) to reassure anyone living here that we are safe. Oh, well, besides going to the middle school and telling all the kids - including my 12 year old - (paraphrasing) that their parents are overreacting and no one should change any of their habits and it is just fine for them to continue walking around and being outside by themselves. I nearly blew a gasket when I heard that from my kid.
I totally agree with you.

Billie's primary relationship is with her children. Her first loyalty should be to HD & DD, and to no one else.

Just playing devil's advocate, but what if the tapes show a girl who looks like Hailey from behind, walking away from the camera or something but they can't prove for sure that it was her? If they had a body they might find carpet or bedspread fibers from the hotel for instance, but without a body it's really difficult to prove that someone on film is that specific person who was in that hotel on that day.

We don't know what the quality of the film is either. Maybe they had bad cameras or something.

I know that once I had my wallet stolen and while the local police traced it to a Wal Mart where someone bought groceries with it, the surveillance camera in the store was placed too far away to identify the person. Same thing at the gas station where the perpetrator filled up their tank. Nothing we could do about it.

Hahaha

Wouldnt matter. It is legal to film people in public. Nothing to sue for as long as the release of the tapes was not for money.

The only time you cannot is when you are in a place that you expect a reasonable degree of privacy. A bathroom ,locker room etc..

Thanks to Soulmagent and Ransom for clearing that up for me. So, it wouldn't have hurt to let CD and BD watch those tapes. Unless....LE is holding back because there really was something on the tapes?

Please hurry this investigation along, LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member