TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks...also, is it true or speculation that there were smokers there that night who would go outside to smoke?
Not sure. There are videos of the dad stepping outside to smoke and it has been mentioned in interviews that Joshua may have followed someone outside when they went out, but as far as an official statement, I haven't seen one.

Not sure. There are videos of the dad stepping outside to smoke and it has been mentioned in interviews that Joshua may have followed someone outside when they went out, but as far as an official statement, I haven't seen one.

Thanks....it would make a lot of sense for Joshua to follow an adult outside if it wasn't so blasted cold!! But, possible, I guess. Seems he would have been found by now, though, unless he's in water. Bless his heart....

Thanks....it would make a lot of sense for Joshua to follow an adult outside if it wasn't so blasted cold!! But, possible, I guess. Seems he would have been found by now, though, unless he's in water. Bless his heart....

I would have thought the same thing, if my two year old hadn't wandered out in 30 something degrees in pajama shorts and no shoes...it can happen and when they are focused on something or excited, they don't feel the cold.

Just got back from that location, and I don't see any current LE searching or investigating taking place. Must have wrapped that up previously. The area of Hunter Road and Country Ridge Drive is an interesting one, in that there are very nice private homes on the one side on Hunter Rd., but on the opposite side is thick overgrown brush stretching for miles. That thick brush is separated by railroad tracks running parallel to it. Most of that side of Hunter Rd is hugged by a wire fence with barbed wire on top. Not that easy to access. Noticed lots of buzzard activity nearby there, but that is certainly not uncommon in these parts.
My gut tells me that baby Joshua is still alive, so I'm still praying for a safe return. I don't believe he wandered out, but I do believe someone took him from his residence. Not a stranger...:twocents:

Copied wrong part of quote above...just talking about the Hunter Rd location.

Does mom know what time she fell asleep? And, why would she panic about it?? She wasn't home alone with Joshua. I can't find where she says she fell asleep.

bbm

That's just speculation... sorry if it was taken as fact in my post.

If what she is saying is true about watching a movie with Joshua, then I can understand a late-stage pregnant mother of a toddler falling asleep/dozing off if she were to lie down for more than a few minutes. Heck, I'm not pregnant but I do that with my own two little ones, especially if I lie down with them at night to read a book... :eek:

someone mentioned this a few posts back and i was wondering the exact same thing. The father said he was pulling off his beanie and he told him to stop. thats the last time i saw him. This has not been sitting right with me from the beginning. Where did he go after smiling at you?? Did he just dissapear?? which direction did he go?? With the mother in another room wouldnt the father be paying closer attention to him?? I know i would be keeping an eye on my son. we are talking about a trailer here. its not the winchester mansion. with other adults in the room, someone saw where he went after dad usually an open living layout with only bedrooms and bathrooms seperate. was he that attached to the game that he was totally oblivious to where his son went after smiling at him. i dont buy it. it just seems like an extremely convenient story to me. how about picking your son up and putting him in your lap to watch the game with you. or playing with him for a while. give the GF the much needed rest she deserves. sorry for the rant but this story is getting to me a little.

I hope he didnt wander off ,I pray his parents are not involved . I hope someone did take him and are trying to pass him off as their own son because they lied and told some guy they had his baby while he was in jail. I hope this ends up like baby shannons case ,without the box.

Reading about the buzzard activity just pushed hope to the bottom of my stomach.

Once again, bear in mind, there are NO uncut interviews with the parents, and the statement about the beanie, is just a sound bite. The father could have gone into more detail about what happened after that, but the media might not want to run it, or they may have been asked not to run it, for whatever reason, by LE. We only hear what we hear, and that is determined by the media. I wouldn't read too much into the lack of explanation.

someone mentioned this a few posts back and i was wondering the exact same thing. The father said he was pulling off his beanie and he told him to stop. thats the last time i saw him. This has not been sitting right with me from the beginning. Where did he go after smiling at you?? Did he just dissapear?? which direction did he go?? With the mother in another room wouldnt the father be paying closer attention to him?? I know i would be keeping an eye on my son. we are talking about a trailer here. its not the winchester mansion. with other adults in the room, someone saw where he went after dad usually an open living layout with only bedrooms and bathrooms seperate. was he that attached to the game that he was totally oblivious to where his son went after smiling at him. i dont buy it. it just seems like an extremely convenient story to me. how about picking your son up and putting him in your lap to watch the game with you. or playing with him for a while. give the GF the much needed rest she deserves. sorry for the rant but this story is getting to me a little.

bbm

I've been wondering that as well. Did he toddle off in the direction of the bedrooms? The kitchen? The bathroom?

It is possible that if the dad was really wrapped up in the game, then he may not have noticed. (My husband is like that when watching a ballgame - completely in a trance.) Especially if it were basketball which is fast-paced and things happen quickly, he may not have even glanced away from the screen for long. I still think something is up with the timeline given, but just wanted to point this out.

It doesn't surprise me that he doesn't pick up his son right then. I'm thinking that after Joshua smiles at him, dad turns back to the game. I've seen it done tons of times with my ex-husband, and he adores his daughter. It is strange though, that he doesn't say anything more after the smile.

I don't see too much of a red flag with the family members. When my whole family gets together, especially when the kids were little, it gets chaotic. Lots of activity, the kids going from room to room. I could understand trying to get an accurate timeline in the midst of that.

Just got back from that location, and I don't see any current LE searching or investigating taking place. Must have wrapped that up previously. The area of Hunter Road and Country Ridge Drive is an interesting one, in that there are very nice private homes on the one side on Hunter Rd., but on the opposite side is thick overgrown brush stretching for miles. That thick brush is separated by railroad tracks running parallel to it. Most of that side of Hunter Rd is hugged by a wire fence with barbed wire on top. Not that easy to access. Noticed lots of buzzard activity nearby there, but that is certainly not uncommon in these parts.
My gut tells me that baby Joshua is still alive, so I'm still praying for a safe return. I don't believe he wandered out, but I do believe someone took him from his residence. Not a stranger...:twocents:

Wanna stop by the Police Station and ask for an update?! :innocent: Tell them WSs want to know!

BBM:
I think there is only a window of a few minutes, momtective.

Whatever happened to Joshua could have happened in the home, but maybe he had not passed at the time he was taken somewhere.

JMO

Your point about Dad being too tall while sitting the chair for the baby to pull on his beanie leads me to question if something else strange happened behind the chair.

It is commion for babies whose parents smoke to have respiratory problems. This Dad apparently continued to smoke in spite of the fact that it was particularly dangerous for Joshua. Even if Dad always smokes outside, the nicotine and other chemicals are still in his clothes, his hair, and on the sheets and upholstery. What if Dad only smoked outside when Mom was around, not bothering to get up and go out when she was asleep or not at home? Smoking inside a vehicle with the window cracked is something I see people doing all of the time, even with children in the car. I have been unfortunate enough to be stuck in the rear seat with one of those window smokers at the wheel; all of us were breathing the smoke.

Maybe Mom fell asleep longer than she thought she did, Joshua sneaks into the living room behind Dad's chair, knowing he isn't supposed to be out there. Dad has been smoking or continues to smoke, not realizing that the baby is behind the chair, but Joshua's little lungs start to swell, he can't breathe and passes out? Dad panicks, he is too late to save the boy, so he hides the body and acts surprized when Mom wakes up and Joshua is missing. He would be able to move the body while everyone spreads out to search.

My daughter has asthma. We don't smoke, but other people's smoke irritates her lungs and makes her feel like she can't breathe, even when we are outside with someone smoking in the area. I don't think it would take much smoke to trigger an asthma attack in an 18 month old baby. I am no medical expert, so I could be wrong.

This is supposition. I don't know how careful the family is about the smoking, but even if they were all very careful most of the time, people make mistakes!

Wanna stop by the Police Station and ask for an update?! :innocent: Tell them WSs want to know!

...and if you can find the right-hand, would you please ask them if they know what the left-hand is doing?:banghead:

Would love to do that, but my hubby already thinks I'm a bit batty for what I've done already. Mind you, I'm sitting here listening online, to the Comal County Sheriff and Texas DPS Live Audio Feed, as well as the New Braunfels Police Live Audio Feed. :crazy:

Does mom know what time she fell asleep? And, why would she panic about it?? She wasn't home alone with Joshua. I can't find where she says she fell asleep.

When mine were babies I spent a lot of time at home alone with them. I became hypervigilent. If I fell asleep while they were napping and I was not in the same room they were, my immediate thought upon waking was " where are they?, "how long have I been asleep?" I even fell asleep one time in the summer after the kids were in bed but before it was dark.

I awoke with a start at 9:00 thinking I had slept the whole night...I ran to check the kids, who were sound asleep, then I looked out the window and it was DARK! :waitasec: at 9am! P A N I C ! Was this the end of the world? Some kind of freak weather phenomenon? Does FOX news know what's going on?
Help me out here Shep, I need a live report from NASA!

...Duh, it was 9pm! :crazy: I did need a vacation, but it was years until I got one. Lack of sleep and 24/7 concern for the kids can wreak havoc on the psyche, IMO. Combined with late pregnancy? Forget about sanity for awhile!

Do we know how severe his asthma was? I only ask because my youngest son had weakened lungs from a very bad bout with pneumonia. (We were told it was cystic fibrosis, but that's a different post.) He was on breathing treatments three times a day, 2 of steroids and 3 of albuterol. Through a nebulizer, because he was too little for an inhaler yet.

Of those five treatments that we had to give him, missing one could severely impact his health. We had schedules, and were very careful, but I did miss one every now and then and those were the worst nights we had with him in terms of his breathing. His lips, eyelids and nail beds would turn blue, and that was after one missed treatment. He was about as bad as you could get and still treat it with a nebulizer.

Was Joshua's this severe, was it more severe but only with certain triggers, was he considerably better than what we went through? If the pediatrician gave a twenty four window, partilly based on temperature, then he must not be completely dependent on the machine. Is is only as needed, is he on a medication schedule? This would help us a lot with knowing what was a feasible scenario as far as what could have gone on inside the house, and would hint at structure and schedules too.

I was hoping I would come here today and read that Joshua had been found. Prayers for Joshua to come home.

Okay... been reading about this one for a day or 2.... here's what I think:

I think following these cases makes me a little wigged out. I think reading about all these horrible cases can sometimes cause me to immediately suspect the worst of parents :(

After reading about this one though, I'm not seeing parental involvement or even an abduction. I see a house full of people, family. Dad and others are totally involved in a basketball game. Mom is lying down watching a movie. Others are ... I don't know... playing cards? Visiting around the table? I don't know, I haven't read or heard about that. So we have all these people in the house just watching tv, visiting, etc. and here's little Joshua toddling back and forth. I can totally see where people were just half paying attention... there is a sense of security because of the number of people present. Someone steps outside to smoke, maybe comes back in, the door doesn't latch or catch properly.... Joshua leans up against it and.... out he toddles. One can lose sight of a toddler in seconds (this I know from experience), it didn't have to take long at all. In the time it takes you to blink -- he's gone.... nobody noticed, if someone did notice he wasn't in the room, they just assumed he'd wandered back to the bedroom... or into the living room....

I don't see a real issue with the timeline, either. Mom says she last saw him at 7:40, dad says "about 8:00" .. which could mean 7:43 for all we know.... its subjective.

I think baby Joshua wandered out an unsecured door and out into the night. I think we'll be surprised at where he's found, he probably wandered further that we think, or in a direction they didn't think of. He's so small, he'd be hard to find, plus it was very cold so he probably curled up in something or under something, seeking shelter.

I realize I can't explain why the dogs can't find him..... I wish they could.....

Poor baby boy.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members