GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Alexander Bloodhound SAR might be another avenue for family to try in TN if they are seeking assistance. They are located in Clarksville, I believe- and have SAR contacts in several states in the region.

So many unknowns in this case. Why? Why the murder of Tiffany? Why the murder of the Russells? My sane brain struggles to find a reason.

This surely could have just taken the Russells car and fled. Doesn't seem to be a hard task given their ages and likely their health considerations. Not like they could beat him off from getting the keys to their car. Why the need to take them along?? Their voice? Afraid they would call LE once he fled? Couldn't he just as well have tied them up/restrained them to give himself a head start? The neighbor who kept tabs on them surely would have ultimately found and saved them? I dunno - I keep going through different scenarios in my head.

My parents are in their 80's - and the thought of something like this happening to them really is beyond the pale.

God bless the families of these victims and give them strength to endure what they face, and know some comfort in the fact that they have many, many supporters on their side who grieve along with them.

I would not be surprised at all if Tiffany was stabbed and beaten unmercifully too. This young woman had been around this man for most of her life. What in the world would make him do this to Tiffany? Imo, her remains were partially clad when found. That has got to be an indicator that perhaps it was a sexual assault and Tiffany resisted his perversions.

I think of my dear sweet mother in law who is 86. She too has led an exemplary life. Always the devoted wife, mother, grandmother....reaching out to help others and loving everyone. It makes me so frightened for her and all the other elderly people who cannot defend themselves from the evil ways of others. I think this is why this case resonates with us. We all know people like the Russells.

Littleton knew when he went to the Russells' home he was going to kill them, imo. They simply were pawns to get what he wanted and their lives meant no more to him than Tiffany's did. He couldn't leave them bound and tied. They would be found eventually or may have gotten loose after he left and he knew they would call 911 and could identify him.

So like all murderers he thought of no one but himself and others meant absolutely nothing to him.

These three murders cry out for justice and justice can only be the death penalty in this case. It wasnt a crime of passion moment. This was so cruelly cunning and calculated. Littleton is a very unfeeling man with a decayed dead soul who should pay the ultimate punishment for his evilness.

IMO

Alexander Bloodhound SAR might be another avenue for family to try in TN if they are seeking assistance. They are located in Clarksville, I believe- and have SAR contacts in several states in the region.

I hope the family realizes these services are available and that they are very beneficial in cases like this. Well trained SAR dogs can do far more than humans when it comes to finding the missing. It's too bad that the TN LE thinks they've searched adequately. Personally, I don't think searching for 2 days was enough. There's no way that they covered every highway, county road and "back roads". SL's description of where Gladis was deposited is simply too vague and leaves many options open to possibility.

I would not be surprised at all if Tiffany was stabbed and beaten unmercifully too. This young woman had been around this man for most of her life. What in the world would make him do this to Tiffany? Imo, her remains were partially clad when found. That has got to be an indicator that perhaps it was a sexual assault and Tiffany resisted his perversions.

I IMO

Respectifully snipped.

Ocean, I couldn't agree with you more. Thanks for your eloquently stated opinion. SL obviously has no feelings of concern and caring for mankind. He has proven that with his recent heinous actions. He is a self-serving, self-centered, angry and hateful individual. It still baffles me that of all of the years DN spent with him that there didn't seem to be anything that gave her cause for fear, concern or suspicion. What made SL finally "crack"? I wonder if there are any unsolved crimes, which could now be traced back to SL?

So many unknowns in this case. Why? Why the murder of Tiffany? Why the murder of the Russells? My sane brain struggles to find a reason.

This surely could have just taken the Russells car and fled. Doesn't seem to be a hard task given their ages and likely their health considerations. Not like they could beat him off from getting the keys to their car. Why the need to take them along?? Their voice? Afraid they would call LE once he fled? Couldn't he just as well have tied them up/restrained them to give himself a head start? The neighbor who kept tabs on them surely would have ultimately found and saved them? I dunno - I keep going through different scenarios in my head.

My parents are in their 80's - and the thought of something like this happening to them really is beyond the pale.

God bless the families of these victims and give them strength to endure what they face, and know some comfort in the fact that they have many, many supporters on their side who grieve along with them.

I understand totally, crocus. With my mother's death so recent, I've reflected back on the last few years of her life, which she chose to spend among her friends in Florida. She lived in her own home and managed well considering her age, but she was tiny and to think that some fool like Littleton might have entered her home and taken away her peace and security is simply unbearable.

The elderly love the comfort of their home. It's one of the few things they can draw their peace from. They know where everything is and how everything works. They follow their beloved routines. They feel at ease. So to think the Russells were ripped from their source of peace and comfort to be dragged from state to state in a car with this cruel psychopath is too difficult for me to even imagine. I have to keep my mind from going there.

I'm praying Gladis is found this weekend. This situation cannot continue and Gladis must be returned to her family, to be buried alongside her beloved husband. There is no other acceptable option. None. Nothing else will do.

I agree with your thoughts....

Yes....WHY ....KILL.....the Russells???....in their home???? Why kill T ???

IMO...he killed them...because they all tried to stop him from doing something he wanted them to do....

IMO..He had an obsession with knives....which suggest anger and violent behavior.

IMO...When confronted with their "refusal" he sought revenge on their saying no to him..

You are right...He could have just tied up the Russells and taken their car...They could not have physically stopped him....BUT...something else...caused him to kill them....IMO...he wanted money, their savings, from them and they REFUSED to hand it over to him...He had to have some money to escape on....to live on....for awhile...and they were refusing to cooperate with his demands...
IMO...just taking their car...was no reason to kill them...He wanted MORE and they refused....they may have struggled with him...thus the black eye...

I cannot wrap my head around why he HAD TO kill them.....other than his obsession with knives ..........which can trigger violence and anger...

all in my opinion and my :twocents:

I don't believe any of us can get inside the mind of someone who could do something so heinous to this sweet elderly couple. It appears the motive was to take their car, and not leaving behind live witnesses who could identify him. He also may have hoped to buy himself some extra time while LE was out looking for the "missing" couple instead of leaving them behind inside their house where they would have shortly been found. It is beyond cruel to have not only killed them in their home but to have removed their bodies, put them in the car trunk and later just dumped as garbage, no longer even together. I pray Gladis is found, and soon. :cry: MOO

Volunteers Continue Search For Logan County Woman

Sunday, March 6, 2011 11:11 AM
WBNS-10TV

CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. — Volunteers were continuing the search for the body of a Logan County woman that was believed to have been dumped in Tennessee.

A small church group combed parts of Chattanooga on Saturday searching for the body of Gladis Russell, 10TV News reported.

Authorities were working under the assumption that the remains of Gladis Russell would be found nearby the area where her husband's body was found.

http://www.10tv.com/live/content/lo...eers-search-russell-logan-county.html?sid=102

Ohio family continues search for body of Gladis Russell
Posted: Mar 04, 2011 5:49 PM EST Updated: Mar 04, 2011 5:49 PM EST

Story by Megan Boatwright
Eyewitness News Reporter

CHATTANOOGA (WRCB)-- The search for a missing Ohio woman continues Friday night, but not by Chattanooga Police.

A family from that state is picking up where officials left off.

John, Josh and Alicia Knox are from Ohio. They didn't know Gladis and Richard Russell or their family.

The fact that the elderly couple was a part of their community was enough for them to make the 474 mile trip from Ohio to Chattanooga.

After a seven hour drive from Bellefontaine, Ohio, fatigue is written all over the trio's faces. Still they've combed through roadside brush since daybreak looking for the body of Gladis Russell, who went missing along with her husband two weeks ago in Ohio.

Chattanooga Police say they will resume a new search party if new information becomes available.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14190699

The world needs more people like the Knox family from Ohio. Bless them for their efforts to find Gladis. :)

Wow, agreed with Panthera. Totally amazing what these people are doing to bring Gladis home. This is the second time today I've teared up over a case here.

... CHATTANOOGA (WRCB)-- The search for a missing Ohio woman continues Friday night, but not by Chattanooga Police.

A family from that state is picking up where officials left off. John, Josh and Alicia Knox are from Ohio. They didn't know Gladis and Richard Russell or their family.

The fact that the elderly couple was a part of their community was enough for them to make the 474 mile trip from Ohio to Chattanooga.

After a seven-hour drive from Bellefontaine, Ohio, fatigue is written all over the trio's faces. Still they've combed through roadside brush since daybreak looking for the body of Gladis Russell, who went missing along with her husband two weeks ago in Ohio. ...

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14190699

It's a beautiful thing. May the Knox family be blessed.

I wish more people from OH and especially the Bellefontaine area would go search in Tennessee. Sweet Gladis Russell needs to be found.

No news yet on Gladis Russell

Logan County Sheriff Andrew Smith said detectives reviewed videotaped interviews with Sammy K. Littleton II, 37, of Bellefontaine, over the weekend and they have been in contact with Tennessee authorities.

Sheriff Smith said his detectives wanted to make sure they had not missed anything and that Tennessee lawmen had the best information available to help their searches.

https://www.examiner.org/index.php?...-gladis-russell&catid=34:local-news&Itemid=55

Each day I hope to come here and find out Gladis has been found. The more time that passes, however, it seems it may take a miracle. :praying:

I believe in miracles and that Gladis will be found. She deserves nothing less. I'm praying with you, panthera.

It's difficult to understand why SL doesn't say where he left this dear sweet old woman. Some have suggested he is holding back this information to obtain a deal for himself. But what possible deal could he get? He murdered three people, he confessed; he's not going to get a deal.

I can understand if he didn't know where he left an article of clothing or his watch. But he doesn't remember where he left a deceased Gladis Russell--a dead human being? He knows where she is, why can't they bring him to Tennessee to locate her? What are they waiting for?

Littleton just keeps inflicting his pain day after day.

A volunteer search effort is being organized to search for Mrs. Gladis Russell of Logan County, OH. The search will take place on Saturday, March 12, starting at 9 a.m. in and around the area where Mr. Richard Russell was found ,Sat. Feb. 26th in Chattanooga, TN.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_9666.shtml

~~more at link - hotel rooms are being discounted for searchers, etc.~~

I think it's quite possible he was stoned out of his mind. Driving what appears to randomly to Florida and back north, driving with no headlights, odd stories of where he left the bodies that don't seem to match reality. I think it's quite possible he doesn't really know what's real in his memories and what's not.

Authorities Want Littleton Back In Ohio

Posted: 4:20 pm EST March 8, 2011
Updated: 10:47 pm EST March 8, 2011

WEST VIRGINIA -- Samuel Littleton, the man suspected of killing Richard and Gladis Russell and Tiffany Brown, was back in a West Virginia courtroom Tuesday afternoon.

Littleton appeared before a judge to hear motions requesting a DNA swab and fingerprints.

The judge ruled that neither was necessary for his extradition case.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/27123486/detail.html

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
authenticwhale