State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
poor Nancy could have married a gazillion aire ...but married a murderer instead

In listening to the deposition of BC has anyone heard or remember hearing anything nice he said regarding Nancy? Was it a remark re Nancy as his wife, as a mother, a friend?

Yes, I understand that. But I don't see that it was as prejudicial as the defense would have it.

I felt like the big fight was for nothing.. seemed irrelevant and I can understand that maybe the just wanted to skip over it but it's not going to make or break their opinion about him. Waste of time imo.

Hi,

I'm watching the depositions on WRAL, though I saw them once before a year ago or so.

Looking forward to learning more.

In listening to the deposition of BC has anyone heard or remember hearing anything nice he said regarding Nancy? Was it a remark re Nancy as his wife, as a mother, a friend?

I would love to hear the other people involved in the custody hearing depos!

I felt like the big fight was for nothing.. seemed irrelevant and I can understand that maybe the just wanted to skip over it but it's not going to make or break their opinion about him. Waste of time imo.

If the judge tells you to do something and you don't do it you should be yelled at, end of story.

I was thinking the exact same thing.....when asked if he dated anyone else, he quickly said no...when asked if Nancy did, he said yes, and went on to say she went out with a guy the next morning after he had slept over on their first date. I think he goes out of his way to insinuate bad about Nancy. He has no emotion when talking about Nancy....same affect as when talking about his job. JMO

I have watched earlier news casts and Brad's lawyer was said there was a separation agreement in place it just hadn't been signed...that contradicts what Alice said yesterday

He is so strange socially. I can't understand Nancy being so friendly being with Brad.

I don't think he thought he would get arrested, just look at him and listen to him. I think he was thinking they would have arrested him by now.

Ms. Stubbs asked him if Nancy was a good mother. And he said yes, she was a good mother.

I don't think he thought he would get arrested, just look at him and listen to him. I think he was thinking they would have arrested him by now.

I wonder if the defense will have them strike his testimony when he talks about how helpful he was to the Police?

Does he seem to be down playing his job and ability?

IIRC, at some point in the depo. he says Nancy was a great mother. And I think he says she was loving and generous, when asked if she was a good wife. And that she spent too much and drank too much.

Right.. but my point had nothing to do with that.

Your point was that it was no big deal. If I had never listened to the depo before and I heard he contacted an ex-girlfriend/fiancee a few weeks prior, I would think that's a pretty sleazy thing to do since his wife recently died. Without the foundation as to the reason why he contacted the girl, I don't see how you can't understand why the defense would have a problem with that.

If the defense had did that same thing (playing something that was prejudicial to the jury) I can't imagine the number of posts on here that would be going crazy over that.

Yes, I understand that. But I don't see that it was as prejudicial as the defense would have it.

Oh... I thought from your comment at the end that you were saying the fact that he sought psychiatric help was the zinger.

Your point was that it was no big deal. If I had never listened to the depo before and I heard he contacted an ex-girlfriend/fiancee a few weeks prior, I would think that's a pretty sleazy thing to do since his wife recently died. Without the foundation as to the reason why he contacted the girl, I don't see how you can't understand why the defense would have a problem with that.

If the defense had did that same thing (playing something that was prejudicial to the jury) I can't imagine the number of posts on here that would be going crazy over that.

He explained after why he called that ex girlfriend, so thats why I didnt think it was a big deal.. I believed him when I heard him say that the 1st time I heard the depos... it made sense to me why he contacted her, imo it was no big deal. period. my imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg