Linda Kenny Baden *MERGED*

Attorney/Client privilege ends when the attorney leaves the case? That's a new one to me. If that's the case, lets take Todd Macaluso out for a few drinks and "talk".

LKB admits KC lied . . . . .

"Linda Kenney Baden, who left the defense team in October, said, "She lied. Sure. I think everyone knows that was a lie," referring to Casey’s claim that Caylee was kidnapped by a babysitter named Zenaida Gonzalez."

video @ this link
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/27539714/index.html

(eta: watch @ the very end of this video clip - the news anchor claps her hands)

article @ this link
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/27538935/detail.html

Respectfully BBM

They have to admit ICA lied. Everyone knows there is no nanny. Now the defense's objective is to come up with some lame excuse about why she lied. :banghead:

I just can't see 12 intelligent jurors falling for what the defense will throw out at trial..... but that's just me.

Respectfully BBM

They have to admit ICA lied. Everyone knows there is no nanny. Now the defense's objective is to come up with some lame excuse about why she lied. :banghead:

I just can't see 12 intelligent jurors falling for what the defense will throw out at trial..... but that's just me.

And then they get into the slipperly slope of having the jury believe everything else she has said! Sounds like the perfect defense to me!

Attorney/Client privilege ends when the attorney leaves the case? That's a new one to me. If that's the case, lets take Todd Macaluso out for a few drinks and "talk".

whiteangora, I don't believe it's true that A/C privilege ends when an attorney leaves the case. They are still bound by A/C privilege.

Maybe one of the attorneys can confirm.

LKB is obviously still a distant but active member of the "dream team". Same with Kobilinsky.

A / C priviledge does not end when an attorney leaves the case. Unless of course KC waived it in this case.

The only waiving (waving) that needs to be done, is "goodbye" to the license to practice law by certain DT members.

I pray that a "gag" order is issued in this case.

No, actually I don't. The jury won't be stupid......let the team keep blathering on and on.

It's like that movie....Dumb and Dumber.......I expect to see the DT arrive in a big furry van with a wagging tale (spelling intended).

Respectfully BBM

I knew when JB was openly admitting ICAs lies in the recent hearings that it sounded like they were throwing the ZFG story out. I like the way LKB said "I think everyone knows that was a lie." Really? Well it took "everyone" long enought. I was just reading CAs state deposition again and she said "we're still looking for Zanny." Of course CA spun it that Zanny is "code". So do they admit the kidnapping was a lie, or just the fact that it was ZFG specifically who took her was a lie?

Of course Baez refuses to discuss the new claim by LKB that ICA lied about the nanny story.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...tml?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

He wants the new storyline coming from the only the mouths of those who the jury may perceive as having no pony in the race.
On the list:
LKB...ex DT
Kobilinsky...ex DT
MD's...trustworthy and non-biased to jurors
I am guessing there will be more to come.

The new storyline will be laid out without Baez (who jurors will not trust) having to initiate it or ICA having to say it on the stand.

LKB is obviously still a distant but active member of the "dream team". Same with Kobilinsky.

I agree! And after reading the news today and watching the 48 Hours previews, I feel that LKB is loving up media attention. AND, even though she says ICA lied about Nanny she also said being a liar doesn't make one a murderer. Hmmm...
JMO!

Random question . . . isn't this an admission of guilt as far as trying to deceive LE, her parents, TES, the world @ large, etc . . . . . . and attest to her having a reason (ie: motive) to filing false reports/depos/ etc re: the disappearance and whereabouts of her daughter? If no ZTN exists - it was all a lie - then she is directly admitting being the last one to see her daughter (at least alive if not already deceased). Furthermore, she was intentially attempting to "thwart" the investigation of her missing child even some 31 days later. Who does that? What would be the "reasonable explain-ation" of doing that? How on earth does this help her defense? Admitting this lie, only leads one to wonder why any mother would lie about their daughter's disappearance/death. Is she covering up for something worse by crying "kidnapping by ZTN"? What could be worse except she is directly resonsible for the disappearance and death of her child. Since there was no other adult in charge of this child - at a minimum it is willful neglect of the welfare of her child, if not abuse of a child to homicide of a child and resulting coverup.

A / C priviledge does not end when an attorney leaves the case. Unless of course KC waived it in this case.

The only waiving (waving) that needs to be done, is "goodbye" to the license to practice law by certain DT members.

No, actually I don't. The jury won't be stupid......let the team keep blathering on and on.

It's like that movie....Dumb and Dumber.......I expect to see the DT arrive in a big furry van with a wagging tale (spelling intended).

And isn't there a standard instruction to the jury that if a person has lied any testimony they give should be deemed as not credible? So obviously JB will tell the jury in his opening statement that KC lied to LE because to lie about the nanny at this point would not work.

I wonder how Mr. Morgan feels about this new development??? jmo

Now as a juror I'd be thinking, "Well, if she lied about that and waited almost three years for her attorneys to admit it, hummm?"

And isn't there a standard instruction to the jury that if a person has lied any testimony they give should be deemed as not credible? So obviously JB will tell the jury in his opening statement that KC lied to LE because to lie about the nanny at this point would not work.

I wonder how Mr. Morgan feels about this new development??? jmo

Now as a juror I'd be thinking, "Well, if she lied about that and waited almost three years for her attorneys to admit it, hummm?"

Do I hear that "obstruction" bus revving the engine??

Vroom Vroom... Anthony family...Vroom Vroom

I don't think that is correct, but if I am wrong we should also take Mark Nejame out for a drink.

bbm
In regards to the A's and Nejame...
Cindy forwarded to Baez (who then forwarded the email to Beth Karas on TruTv) a private correspondence between former lawyer Nejame, the A's and then lawyer Brad Conway ...did Cindy "waive" client-attorney privilege where Nejame is concerned?

Random question . . . isn't this an admission of guilt as far as trying to deceive LE, her parents, TES, the world @ large, etc . . . . . . and attest to her having a reason (ie: motive) to filing false reports/depos/ etc re: the disappearance and whereabouts of her daughter? If no ZTN exists - it was all a lie - then she is directly admitting being the last one to see her daughter (at least alive if not already deceased). Furthermore, she was intentially attempting to "thwart" the investigation of her missing child even some 31 days later. Who does that? What would be the "reasonable explain-ation" of doing that? How on earth does this help her defense? Admitting this lie, only leads one to wonder why any mother would lie about their daughter's disappearance/death. Is she covering up for something worse by crying "kidnapping by ZTN"? What could be worse except she is directly resonsible for the disappearance and death of her child. Since there was no other adult in charge of this child - at a minimum it is willful neglect of the welfare of her child, if not abuse of a child to homicide of a child and resulting coverup.

I agree with this concept and intended outcome. What I have been asking is: OK, if this is explains that she lied, how does that determine what she was lying about? There is no helpful conclusion to admitting she was lying: she could have been lying to cover a kidnapping, to cover a murder, to cover an accident, to cover that one of her parents killed the child, to cover that she sold her child, whatever. None of it helps her case: in other words, I agree it is just further consciousness of guilt about something bad. With all of the other evidence, it is only a short leap to she is lying about murder. imo.

jmo

You know, I am sitting here wondering why we care if LKB says this (unless Casy waived privilege which would be HUGE I think because LKB could be called as a witness.)

I mean, it is true. Everyone following and involved in this case (and I mean everyone) knows she lied. The only thing this would do is perhaps allow for stipulation about certain lies and facts thus requiring less testimony to prove it.

Please enlighten.

I don't think that is correct, but if I am wrong we should also take Mark Nejame out for a drink.

I kinda figured the confidentiality was still effective, just being sarcastic in my own weird way.
Here's my theory:
Since the Judge is allowing all of Casey's statements into the trial, this is JB's way of saying"Pay no attention to any of that stuff".

Hate to tell you but the A's are already lying in the road waiting on the bus. It's late, as usual. jmo

I have to say that I am amazed at the number of people who believe that George and Cindy are just going to lay down and let that bus roll right on over them.

IMO, that goes against everything their lives have always been about. Cindy has cared so much about her/their family image that she let her daughter just take over their home so ICA would continue with the charade. And George letting ICA blame him for the death of Caylee would destroy the rest of whatever life he has left.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see either one of them as being that magnanimous. They both care WAY too much about their own lives. I believe they want ICA to be acquitted but possibly only because they think it would elevate them in the public eye. And even if they truly love ICA and want her home, IMO they aren't willing to give up their own lives by allowing themselves to be accused of goodness knows what all by ICA's defense, so the daughter they KNOW murdered their grandchild can live a happy, carefree life.

Nope... just not seeing it. Each of the Anthonys is very selfish in their own right. Nothing I have seen by either George or Cindy has ever given me any indication that either one was a selfless person.

JMHO

You know, I am sitting here wondering why we care if LKB says this (unless Casy waived privilege which would be HUGE I think because LKB could be called as a witness.)

I mean, it is true. Everyone following and involved in this case (and I mean everyone) knows she lied. The only thing this would do is perhaps allow for stipulation about certain lies and facts thus requiring less testimony to prove it.

Please enlighten.

BBM: Now THAT is a scary thought. I hope there won't be any such stipulation...this DT cannot be trusted. Besides, ICA was talking about Zanny long before the whole "kidnapping"... just like there was a stink in the trunk long before there was garbage

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back