State v Bradley Cooper 4-13-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent point JTF. The very things people are complaining about that CPD screwed up are things that benefited Cooper.

Big difference in inexperience and honest mistakes made vs felony corruption by CPD to frame BC.

I don't disagree. Which is why I said yesterday that if it ever came to light that there was tampering, I couldn't imagine what kind of scandal that would be. People would get fired all over the place (including the Chief).

It would make the lacrosse case look like nothing.

I don't disagree. Which is why I said yesterday that if it ever came to light that there was tampering, I couldn't imagine what kind of scandal that would be. People would get fired all over the place (including the Chief).

It would make the lacrosse case look like nothing.

No one got fired in Durham.... in fact, most of the (at least inept at worse corrupt) participants in that case got promotions.

eta - and just to point out, again, the FBI guy who testified to the google (?) evidence is a Durham PO.... just sayin'

I agree. There is no doubt that the defense will bring on the reasonable doubt, I am hoping the Pros can neutralize them with facts and not innuendo and rumor. Up until yesterday that seemed to be the entire Prosecution case. No real evidence that BC did it. Did he have opportunity and motive and ability...sure. There was no real tangible moment until yesterday that they had more and concrete evidence.

Kelly

I hope the jury, all of them, grasped what this means! I hope for any doubting jurors, that this has made them re-evaluate -- but we will all have to wait to see what Special K does with it. I guess that's what's going on right now.

I just got here -- Good Morning to all WSleuthers!!

I totally agree. And Kurtz wouldn't be doing his job if he didn't investigate and question.

He didn't question...he stated police corruption as fact.
That screams desperation.
Now I see why he has to go there.

No one got fired in Durham.... in fact, most of the (at least inept at worse corrupt) participants in that case got promotions.

eta - and just to point out, again, the FBI guy who testified to the google (?) evidence is a Durham PO.... just sayin'

It ruined Nifong.

Admittedly, I haven't seen all the testimony. From what I've seen Kurtz alludes to corruption by claiming tampering, no?

I wondered the same thing. I think the judge was so confused, and he was so upset at time delays that he went with Zell's argument. It was my opinion that the method used was protected in this case but the actual product produced should be available to the defense. Zell did a great job deflecting the actual question.

He did do a geat job at that, but why? Should we applaud the Pros in an instance like this, I don't think so. The Defense should be able to see what was produced by the FBI tool so they can cross and defend their client. This may be one murder case, but bottom line it sets precedent that could at some time affect someone you know, or an innocent person. We can't just because we want one person to be guilty that it is ok to give up a few rights this one time, when we do that then there is always another time and before we know it it is law.

He also did a great job of saying to the same Durham LEO, so he looked at this map 12 hours before she was murdered, which is not fact, and the Durham LE said yes. I really don't think that was appropriate and Defense should have objected, maybe they did, we can't hear.

Yes, he has no other logical explanation than police corruption and/or faulty procedures. He only has to convince one of the jurors to cause a doubt. I am still surprised he went on line at his office. I am glad he did though.

dramamama - hi and good post; snipped and the bold is mine. Made me think.

And yes, I do think he had a good couple of weeks to "case the joint" while NC was on vac. Perhaps he did drive to the location - but when NC was away ... and it was on whatever shoes he was wearing *that time* that matching mica samples were discovered. BC threw away everything he had on the might of the crime.

But! BC didn't stop to think for a moment that he best discard whatever shoes he wore when previewing the area; be it days/weeks or even months before!

Note: JMHO!

This is a bit off of the immediate subject, but re the dump site: All thru this, I have kept thinking, if he had only dragged her poor lifeless body about 30 more (?) feet into the woods, no telling how much longer he would have had to let the body really decompose (thereby confounding TOD even more) and to clean up after himself a bit more. Mainly computer trails, etc.

I guess he was in a hurry with the body? What made him dump her where she could easily be seen, albeit in a remote location? My only thoughts on this is it could have been closer to daylight when he went there -- ?? -- but I certainly would have gotten rid of a body asap. IDK, it intrigues me...:waitasec:
Has anyone else wondered about this as well?

How long and to what detail have you been following this case:waitasec:

I have been following it very closely. I also, if they think she was murdered in the Foyer, they should have taken up the floor boards, they had wooden flloors, no way he would have been able to clean between the boards. And the theory that he used a tarp, it was not a tarp, it was a small ml drop cloth, those tear so easily, they are not made to carry weight or have a lot of twisting done on them that would have been required in this case.

I respectfully disagree -- read some of the cases of the >200 people freed based on DNA evidence. While witness testimony is highest on the list of the reasons for the false convictions, MANY of the cases involve misconduct on the part of PD, prosecutors and/or their witnesses.

Whether we like him or not (or think he's evil slime) BC deserves the best defense available. Perhaps CPD is not corrupt, inept tho?? Prosecutors in the Duke case argued against allowing the information from CM's phone into evidence (and it DID provide exculpatory evidence) .... CPD just erased NC's.

MOO, erasing NC cell phone was inept, not revealing that it happened immediately afterward was corrupt.

This is a bit off of the immediate subject, but re the dump site: All thru this, I have kept thinking, if he had only dragged her poor lifeless body about 30 more (?) feet into the woods, no telling how much longer he would have had to let the body really decompose (thereby confounding TOD even more) and to clean up after himself a bit more. Mainly computer trails, etc.

I guess he was in a hurry with the body? What made him dump her where she could easily be seen, albeit in a remote location? My only thoughts on this is it could have been closer to daylight when he went there -- ?? -- but I certainly would have gotten rid of a body asap. IDK, it intrigues me...:waitasec:
Has anyone else wondered about this as well?

I don't get it either, unless he was spooked that someone was going to see him or his car. Although it was remote, it was in a place where someone could see a car going to that part of the subdivision (wouldn't it be very strange to poke your head out the window to see a car at 4am driving in the dark to the undeveloped part of the subdivision). Plus not only that, he may have thought the more he goes in the woods, the more chance there will be for potential footprints. My guess is he had his headlights off, so the only light he had was what was near the road. Going further in he's in complete darkness, doesn't know what he's stepping on, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea