GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE has seemed to be very cautious about the Conway connection. I mean I thought it was a little unusual that they mentioned she had friends there anyway. But then they declined to talk more about the "friends."

Lead="friends"?

I am pleased with the LE and glad they are right on it with facts and evidence and little speculation..
I think there is equally as much chance that Krista/the perp(s) leaving the car running/heat on/door ajar to keep the baby safe/noticeable as there is for the possibility that:

The heater was just on because it was cold (thus, left on if not manually turned off)

The car was left running because she hadn't intended to get out of it (was forced out etc) or she stepped out to check something (could be multiple reasons)

The car door was left, 'ajar' because she was grabbed and wouldn't have had time to close it if there was a struggle or because she had only meant to step/peer out for a second...

Not trying to be negative but just objective as it's the less horrific thought to think she/the perp(s) cared for the baby's well-being and not the latter but it's also a distracting one..
Being a loving mom who would, 'never abandon her child' does not factor in the fact that if she was caught in a situation where she was powerless she'd not have had the choice to protect her baby or if the perp just did not notice/consider the baby and we are incredibly lucky that Krista happened to have had the heater on and that the baby was found safe..

Gosh I can only hope she is found safe and reunited with her baby.. </3

All very good points Lxo

I am pleased with the LE and glad they are right on it with facts and evidence and little speculation..
I think there is equally as much chance that Krista/the perp(s) leaving the car running/heat on/door ajar to keep the baby safe/noticeable as there is for the possibility that:

The heater was just on because it was cold (thus, left on if not manually turned off)

The car was left running because she hadn't intended to get out of it (was forced out etc) or she stepped out to check something (could be multiple reasons)

The car door was left, 'ajar' because she was grabbed and wouldn't have had time to close it if there was a struggle or because she had only meant to step/peer out for a second...

Not trying to be negative but just objective as it's the less horrific thought to think she/the perp(s) cared for the baby's well-being and not the latter but it's also a distracting one..
Being a loving mom who would, 'never abandon her child' does not factor in the fact that if she was caught in a situation where she was powerless she'd not have had the choice to protect her baby or if the perp just did not notice/consider the baby and we are incredibly lucky that Krista happened to have had the heater on and that the baby was found safe..

I think it is entirely possible that the perp didn't notice the baby. There have been multiple car thefts that turned into kidnappings, when the car was taken and the perp didn't notice that the baby was in the car. And it was apparently dark too.

But I just have a feeling that she was "lured" out. She talked with family the night before, and according to family quoted in the media today they thought she was at home last night. If she had plans to go out last night or early this AM, the info hasn't gotten out and family isn't talking about it. And certainly where she was supposed to be going would have been a strong focus in the case. I'm not getting that feeling here.

From what I have read LE is declining to answer any questions about the father of the baby. No name, no nothing. And they didn't rule him out. Media hasn't seemed to come up with anything on him yet, or at least isn't publishing it. In a case like this it always makes me curious when no one (not LE, not media, not family and not commenters on the case.) is talking about a primary person in a case. And I would think that baby Daddy/ex boyfriend would be a primary person.

JMO as usual

I am scratching my head too. My gut says she didn't drive to that location, it wasn't random and the "perp" cared about the welfare of the child. I hope the perp left prints! if not on the car on the car seat buckle. I guess some could get a baby in a car seat with gloves
I'd end up buckling a piece of a latex glove and ripping it. and forget about winter gloves. I always had to use bear hands. BUT that's just me. I'm going with fingerprints found on a metal surface on car seat from perp /perp put baby in carseat last.

I could have missed it - but was a tow truck called?

I was thinking about this yesterday as I had a flat tire, and called the tow truck. My daughter was in the car with me.

I got out of the car to check to make sure it was a flat tire, to get the tire out, and when the tow truck got got there.

When I was younger though, I might have gotten out when a car pulled up to help (4 of them did for me yesterday).

I know there's a certain time of yr when Laconia, NH is over-run with 'motorcycles' for races & basically just to gather together..Many are hard-core 'bikers' vs more recreational 'riders'..So, I have 2 Q's for the locals.

How far is Laconia from No. Conway?
Which weekend is this held?

TIA!

Have not done a lookup, but I believe Laconia is 60-65 miles from N. Conway
Bike week this year is June 11-19. Don't know if you've ever been to bike week--I haven't, but I have spent a great deal of time in the Lakes Region since 1964--and bike week has "cleaned up" a good deal in recent years.

sbm

I def consider Concord, Salem, Nashua along with other parts of NH (mostly Southern NH) city-like so that didn't enter my mind when I made the comment some ppl 'mistakenly' think of NH as a "hick" state but I still stand by some do..I'm not so sure I'd call it "ignorance"..It's more like a reputation for whatever reason..Only those that think this know why..I also don't believe they think it's "filled with hicks" or that necessarily goes hand-in-hand but that's something else for them to answer..And I don't mean by the posters here but those who do believe what we've been talking about to be true.

I also would like to say I did include "no offense" to anyone when I included that in my post which had to do with the positive impression given by LE during todays PC..I got the impression that may have been due to it not being what was expected of them..I admit I can be totally wrong! If so, sorry!

To attempt to lend a balanced perspective here, please remember the Marriott and Romney families have summer homes just north of Wolfeboro on the east side of Lake Winnipesaukee where the Marriott's donated over twenty million dollars for an all new Huggins Hospital with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities that are the envy of larger hospitals in "city-like" parts of New Hampshire and beyond; Wolfeboro is approximately thirty miles south of Conway.....

Ever since I read about this case I have been confused as to how someone would have abducted her while she was on the road. They made it seem like it was found along side the road and all. I just got thinking about something. I wonder if someone DROVE her car with the baby in it and then left it where it was found making it as a cover up to look like she left it there hoping someone would find the baby?

Blood evidence sought in missing mom's car

What appears to be blood has been found in the car of the Maine mom who disappeared sometime overnight Friday, according to authorities who continue a fretful investigation into her whereabouts.

http://www.unionleader.com/article....rticleId=b0dbbadd-5adb-4954-836f-76d49187920f

Great article.

Now this article says she "frequently visited friends in the Conway area."

LE says no comment to if anyone brought in for questioning.

They aren't sure if she put the car where she was found, that is part of the investigation.

I don't know if this has been asked/discussed. I've been periodically reading along, but it's been sporadic over the past 2 days.

Krista is only 20, so I'm trying to keep that in perspective, but she *appears* to be a bit more risque and hanging out with people who look a lot more *experienced* than she does....on her FB page, at least.

Has LE discussed any possible connection to drugs or who it is that she knew in Conway?? I've got to wonder if Krista was there for something illegal.....and got involved with the wrong person/s or substance.

I don't know.....on that FB page....I see a beautiful, young, innocent girl trying to fit in with someone with a lot more experience than herself. Just an opinion.

First Pic Released...from 2 years ago:
077d22_missing42511.jpg

FB Pic...very recent:
186043_1004641589_4144177_n.jpg

Ever since I read about this case I have been confused as to how someone would have abducted her while she was on the road. They made it seem like it was found along side the road and all. I just got thinking about something. I wonder if someone DROVE her car with the baby in it and then left it where it was found making it as a cover up to look like she left it there hoping someone would find the baby?

Funny that you should mention this because I had the same thought last night myself. I also had that thought when Maura M's car was found in 2004 approximately 40 miles west of where Krista's car was found; I've noticed in the years since Maura disappeared that no one has ever confirmed that Maura herself drove her car to where it was found.....

Great article.

Now this article says she "frequently visited friends in the Conway area."

LE says no comment to if anyone brought in for questioning.

They aren't sure if she put the car where she was found, that is part of the investigation.
Here is another article mentioning friends in Conway. It also says she once picked up her ex-bf's other daughter there (according to her mother).

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...or_missing_mom_believe_she_wasprotecting_baby

Krista Dittmeyer and the baby’s father split in January, Shackley said, adding that her daughter was familiar with Conway, a town of about 10,000.

In February 2010, just after giving birth, Dittmeyer told a friend in a Web posting, “We will be in Conway in the evening to pick (her) up at 4 too.”

Shackley identified that child as the ex-boyfriend’s other daughter, and added that her daughter “has friends there.” Shackley said she hasn’t heard from any of Dittmeyer’s friends in Conway since the disappearance.

Here is another article mentioning friends in Conway. It also says she once picked up her ex-bf's other daughter there (according to her mother).

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/r...or_missing_mom_believe_she_wasprotecting_baby

Also from the article:

Kayla Dittmeyer said her sister was not dating anyone, as far as she knew.

Krista Dittmeyer and the baby&#8217;s father split in January, Shackley said, adding that her daughter was familiar with Conway, a town of about 10,000.

So she was still with baby Daddy when the baby was born. He had a chance to bond with the child. And he evidently has ties with Conway too. And her mother says they haven't heard from the Conway friends since she went missing.

Where are the FB links?

Conway is a nice area. resort town really. Kind of shocking that it occured there. What I do like is there is already much more information out there about her than we had about Holly.

Help Find Krista

http://www.facebook.com/Find.Krista?sk=wall

Candlelight Vigil for Krista

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206102669412520

Krista Missing Flyer

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Krista-Dittmeyer-Missing-Flyer/178939152155268

This is a bit odd, given the fact that they were both from Portland, Maine. Also a bit odd that her body was finally found 6 days before Krista went missing. I'm sure there is no connection, but it is definitely odd timing...kinda like the Criminal Minds episode. :innocent:

http://www.pressherald.com/news/probe-of-womans-death-focuses-on-northport_2011-04-26.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paladeer