GUILTY NH - Krista Dittmeyer, 20, Conway, 23 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just watched the NG videos posted on the previous page, but the conversation with Perley is cut off and the second video is a duplicate of the first rather than the second half. I presume the caller who was talking about car damage was in the second half. Can anyone find that second half of that interview? TY!

Things I caught from the first piece:
1) LE doesn't know whether Krista was at Cranmore or only her vehicle.
2) The call to the parents was at 10:30, not 8:00 as previously mentioned, verified by Perley.
3) Krista was allegedly at her home in Portland during that call, but LE doesn't know if that is true or only what she said.
4) That call originated from her cell phone.
5) NG claims experts say the car would only run for four hours with the dome light on.

With all due respect to NG's expert I have to wonder about the bolded part.

If the car wasn't running, I would say that was probably about right. But with the car running, the alternator should be producing electric current and running that back into the battery to replenish it.

If the car wasn't running, I would say that was probably about right. But with the car running, the alternator should be producing electric current and running that back into the battery to replenish it.

I have to check that one out,,,maybe it's a fail safe solution to those who forget to shut the car off with the door ajar(new one to me if true)LOL

I just watched the NG videos posted on the previous page, but the conversation with Perley is cut off and the second video is a duplicate of the first rather than the second half. I presume the caller who was talking about car damage was in the second half. Can anyone find that second half of that interview? TY!

Things I caught from the first piece:
1) LE doesn't know whether Krista was at Cranmore or only her vehicle.
2) The call to the parents was at 10:30, not 8:00 as previously mentioned, verified by Perley.
3) Krista was allegedly at her home in Portland during that call, but LE doesn't know if that is true or only what she said.

I'm very interested in knowing what the exact time of the call was and where she was when she made it. If it was at 10:30 and from Portland...as others have said, that's late to decide to drive and hour and a half with the baby. Even 8:00 is late to do that. Another question I have is whether she might have planned on staying in Conway that night or driving back very late.

The weird thing to me about the location of the car is...if she were driving along and pulled over in the parking lot for some reason then where was she going? From looking at the map it seems like you would only wind up in that location if you were going to one of the houses in the nearby area. Is the fitness center on Skimobile Rd, is that right? If so, that seems like pretty much a side street, not a main road. That makes me think she's not the one who left the car there but I really don't have a strong feeling about that one way or another, just questions.

I just read through page five. Anyone looking at the father of the baby? Who is he? Where is he?

Has anyone come across KRISTA's DATE OF BIRTH.

Would appreciate your help.
Thanks!

I'm very interested in knowing what the exact time of the call was and where she was when she made it. If it was at 10:30 and from Portland...as others have said, that's late to decide to drive and hour and a half with the baby. Even 8:00 is late to do that. Another question I have is whether she might have planned on staying in Conway that night or driving back very late.

The weird thing to me about the location of the car is...if she were driving along and pulled over in the parking lot for some reason then where was she going? From looking at the map it seems like you would only wind up in that location if you were going to one of the houses in the nearby area. Is the fitness center on Skimobile Rd, is that right? If so, that seems like pretty much a side street, not a main road. That makes me think she's not the one who left the car there but I really don't have a strong feeling about that one way or another, just questions.

YES!!! Yes Chili Fries. You've got it. Even Perley, on NG mentioned that it is an out of the way area. Not remote (for around here) but out of the way, a destination unto itself.....not like you just drive past it on the way to somewhere else, like the other ski resorts here. The other ski resorts are on main highways with many, many cars driving past them FWIW. And if she left Portland at 10:30, that would put her in Conway around midnight. Six and 1/2 hours before they found the car.

YES!!! Yes Chili Fries. You've got it. Even Perley, on NG mentioned that it is an out of the way area. Not remote (for around here) but out of the way, a destination unto itself.....not like you just drive past it on the way to somewhere else, like the other ski resorts here. The other ski resorts are on main highways with many, many cars driving past them FWIW. And if she left Portland at 10:30, that would put her in Conway around midnight. Six and 1/2 hours before they found the car.

So the most probable scenarios seem to me to be:

- She got lost (which means she still would have been looking for a house in that general area but just wound up on the side road) and was taken advantage of somehow by a stranger.

- She was going to meet somebody at the parking lot

- She wasn't the one who parked the car there, the perp did.

I agree... I see no reason a car that was running would die after 4 hours because the dome light was on. Now MAYBE if the lights, stereo, etc were using more power than the alternator had and the battery had to take over... but the dome light wouldn't be the issue. It'd be the headlights. When you leave your headlights on accidentally your battery dies twice as fast as when you leave your dome light on.

http://www.ehow.com/facts_7241319_idling-car-drain-battery_.html

Wow! Guess the gas tank was nearly full when the car was left?
I wonder how much gas was left when it was found. If there was any gas receipt that might close in on a time the vehicle was left huh?
moo

If you think about it... you can drive a full sized truck at freeway speeds for about 6 hours before you run out of gas.

A car like Krista's could probably have run for a full 24 hours before running out of gas. If all it was doing was idling. Especially if the heat was on... because that would have prevented other fans from coming on and would have saved some gas.

I think she could have had only a quarter of a tank left and it probably would not have run out in the 4 - 6 hours or so we believe the car was there.

It would definitely be nice to have a gas receipt to try and figure out how much gas she had... which could help them figure out how long it was parked there. It would be complicated though....
Find out when and where she got gas, how much gas she got.
Where did she go after that, how many miles did she drive and what kind of mileage did she get?
Test a car like hers to see how long it has to run to get down to the level of gas that her car had.
It definitely wouldn't be a simple little process. Unless they already know how long her car has to run to run out of gas. Then it'd eliminate that step.

Thank you! I left her name out purposefully and hesitated to state what I found due to making assumptions on a person not of interest in the case :) I appreciate your tactful approach to warning me though! I am all the wiser now! (Has links saved just in case) :) <3

Me? :waitasec:

Tactful? :eek: :floorlaugh:

Wow... my in laws should be told about this shocking revelation. :woohoo:

Got to thinking about something. Between where she lived and Conway, where was the halfway mark and how far is it from where the car was found?

To expand on what I am thinking. Totally and completely speculation.

She spoke, texted or discussed over the internet with someone from Conway. For some reason they had to meet that night or early am. Whatever it was was convincing enough to convince her to take the baby and leave the house in the middle of the night.

Could they have agreed to meet halfway? After meeting up something happened, now there was the baby to deal with and protect. So drive the vehicle to this area, meeting someone else to return them to their vehicle. Place chosen was not on a direct route to anywhere the perp was associated with.

I wish we knew where the blood evidence was found, which seat or seats.

I just read through page five. Anyone looking at the father of the baby? Who is he? Where is he?

Lt. Perley said on NG that the father of the baby wasn't anywhere near Conway during that time and made it sound like he is not a POI in this case. Of course, that could change. When they release who the second car that they are processing belongs to, maybe it will become more clear who they're looking at. NG said that they were going to release the subpoenas anyway so he might as well tell on the show who the car belonged to and Lt. Perley commented that they are working on having all of the initial evidence sealed.

I think the first picture is one of those Senior Year pictures so I don't think we can really make judgments about it; like how innocent she looks because she's on a swing since the school's the one who would choose all of those things. It doesn't look like she was just swinging in her backyard and someone took a picture; it looks like a photoshoot.

I don't know if this has been asked/discussed. I've been periodically reading along, but it's been sporadic over the past 2 days.

Krista is only 20, so I'm trying to keep that in perspective, but she *appears* to be a bit more risque and hanging out with people who look a lot more *experienced* than she does....on her FB page, at least.

Has LE discussed any possible connection to drugs or who it is that she knew in Conway?? I've got to wonder if Krista was there for something illegal.....and got involved with the wrong person/s or substance.

I don't know.....on that FB page....I see a beautiful, young, innocent girl trying to fit in with someone with a lot more experience than herself. Just an opinion.

First Pic Released...from 2 years ago:
077d22_missing42511.jpg

FB Pic...very recent:
186043_1004641589_4144177_n.jpg

sbm

She obviously knows the area well (also the other person connected to this 'other child') so is it possible this was a route they'd often take to get to their destination and/or where her friends live?

eta..Very strange her family has NOT heard a word from any of her friends in that area.

I'm agreeing with Krista here. I know the first shot is a posed, professional shot. But, I have looked at every photo of her posted and she really seems to be an innocent, young mom, with a girl next door smile. Not "sexy", "experienced", etc., like some of her friends. For example, in the photos where her friends are doing that pouty mouthed "I want sex" face that so many young women seem to think is cool these days, she either responds with her usual All American girl smile, not able to "get" the tone of the photo, at least as her friends want it, or she attempts to make the pouty face but does not succeed.

No, there is something innocent about her. I wonder if she got a boyfriend, got pregnant and then as a result, got involved with people she normally would not have, like his ex girlfriends, etc. People that saw her as vulnerable, saw her as not fitting in, were jealous of her in some way and decided to harm her. These things happen: "Let's get her. She thinks she's so great. She needs to go." And then they call her to come over for some reason and lay in wait and then run into her car while on the road. Seeing it's someone she knows, she opens the door to check and talk, thinking it was an accident.

Something bothers me about those friends near the area she was found not contacting her family at such a time.

Of course, it could also have been a stalker that she knew, or a stranger that she didn't know. But what bothers me about that scenario, if indeed she did drive her car to the location it was found, is why she would open her car door, on a lonely road, if someone hit it or if otherwise she had some issue with another driver or with her car? Especially if she had reported that someone was scaring her. Wouldn't she call someone on her cell? Call the police first? Perhaps not. Maybe stunned, she opened the door a bit and got out to check and was waylaid. But, as a mom of a young baby she needs to protect and at a late hour, in a lonely place, that makes it less likely that she would open herself up to danger in that way. I don't know. She could have. People make mistakes.

The other possibility is that she was harmed at home and her car transported to where it was found, with the baby, as some have suggested. I guess we'll see. Poor thing. I hope she is okay but this is not a good situation at all.

Conway Police Lt. Chris Perley says the father of Dittmeyer's baby is not a suspect because he was not in the area.
He declined to comment on reports of blood being found in the car. He said the sheriff who released that information is not involved in the investigation. A vigil for Dittmeyer is planned Thursday in Bridgton, Maine.
___

Read more: http://www.greenwichtime.com/news/a...s-father-as-suspect-1352528.php#ixzz1Kei0OlRA

sorry for all the colors... but wanted to highlight these two things

I'm agreeing with Krista here. I know the first shot is a posed, professional shot. But, I have looked at every photo of her posted and she really seems to be an innocent, young mom, with a girl next door smile. Not "sexy", "experienced", etc., like some of her friends. For example, in the photos where her friends are doing that pouty mouthed "I want sex" face that so many young women seem to think is cool these days, she either responds with her usual All American girl smile, not able to "get" the tone of the photo, at least as her friends want it, or she attempts to make the pouty face but does not succeed.

No, there is something innocent about her. I wonder if she got a boyfriend, got pregnant and then as a result, got involved with people she normally would not have, like his ex girlfriends, etc. People that saw her as vulnerable, saw her as not fitting in, were jealous of her in some way and decided to harm her. These things happen: "Let's get her. She thinks she's so great. She needs to go." And then they call her to come over for some reason and lay in wait and then run into her car while on the road. Seeing it's someone she knows, she opens the door to check and talk, thinking it was an accident.

She does appear to be a bit more wholesome than some women at her age, but having a child can do that to you. For all we know, she is a wild child gone good (BTDT) after the birth of her child. I do know that I would probably "untag" myself or otherwise not post a pic of myself on FB with half of my bra showing...but that's just me, I guess. I mean...even when I was her age, I would have felt uncomfortable with that. It could be that her friends thought it was great and so she went along with things like that...who knows.

Wonder if her purse or cell phone were in the car.

NG kept asking Lt. Penley that...if her phone, purse, wallet were in the car and he kept saying that they have taken any of her belongings from the car into evidence. He wouldn't confirm or deny that they found any of those items. He didn't say they didn't.

I think the suspect is the person who "unfriended" her on her FB page in the last 12 hours

was 494..now 493..just saying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member