2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I'm having a hard time getting out of my mind is how BC was arrested WITHOUT the google search evidence?

But that's not true. They received the google search evidence in Oct. of 2008, did they not? I believe that's when they got results back from the FBI.

Yes, there was those wipes.

I thought the whole top of the vanity looked odd and not as a woman would leave it.
IIRC...tub of clorox wipes and also a spray bottle of chlorox.

VIC receipts will hopefully show some shopping done @ Tryon Village and not all @ CC shopping center.

And you would eliminate green juice too. That stuff is like $4 a bottle.

Stuff like that is why "Keeping up with the Joneses" is now "Keeping up with the Coopers". He made way too much money for them to be that broke.

Just the Fax is another one I miss!

* I remember that now, PolkSaladAnnie!

Hi LaLaw :seeya:

Indeed. JTF was as quick as a flick of a switch when it came to loading pics immed after an issue regarding the crime scene (etc) was raised.

JTF gone? Wow. Missed that. I was on T/O for passionately pursuing my own principles and points: baited, slammed and sunk, I was indeed. I guess I couldn't handle NC being trashed (in a sneering manner - IMO that is ...). My fault. Followed on WRAL & twitter, tho.

Anyway, there are brighter days before us ... and here's trusting the jury will see there was NO reason for BC to lie constantly; deceive, hide and turn himself into some sort of victim. That's monstrous, IMO. Madeleine74 is 100% correct when she used the word BULLY.

BC was (is) a bully - basically because leopards never change their spots. They just move on to new prey.

The clorox clean-up bottles were the only thing I recall from the bathroom photos.

Hi RPD,

Here's the problem tho. IF a woman cleans a toliet, she puts the seat back down in anticipation of future use. IF a man cleans the toilet, he might leave it up.

Why would Brad put his head on a dog-bed of a pillow, but clean Nancy's bathroom?

Now that makes NO sense. Who in their right mind takes a shower BEFORE running? Even if she was hung over she could have just splashed water on her face to wake up.

I know, BrownRice. It was a theory tossed around early on. It was not my theory. It may have started in the master bath or bedroom, but I believe Nancys' life was ended in the foyer by Brad Cooper.

Moo

Did the girl's bedroom window face DD's house?

Yes. I put together a floor plan when the video footage of the house was introduced at trial. It was based on a floor plan that someone else posted of a similar layout a couple of years ago.

cooperfloorplansdraft.jpg

I had thought that maybe the struggle had started upstairs and Nancy somehow got away from BC and ran downstairs for the front door. I was thinking that is where he may have caught her and strangled her.

MOO

But that would indicate a struggle took place, so there should be defensive wounds.

Yes, there was those wipes.

I thought the whole top of the vanity looked odd and not as a woman would leave it.

But, NC didn't appear to be that great of a housekeeper either. Maybe the pics were only representative of the fact she had been on vacation the week prior and hadn't cleaned or straightened yet. But the exterminator said the house was usually messy.

did the jury ever clarify what parts of the depo they wanted? tia

Some guys will never learn. PUT the *D* seat down. In this case, it is a GOOD thing. :great:

I've never understood that complaint from women. There hasn't been one day in my life where I haven't looked where I've squatted, but to each his -- or her -- own.

I believe the theory was that she had gotten up and taken a shower and BC killed her as she was getting out of the shower. That was early on.

**I wonder if the jury wants to see the pic with the commode lid up?

but no evidence of struggle...not anywhere on her body...unless those small scratches

Is that a permanent thing?

Based on the TOS, I believe it is. There is a process in there for appealing this. It's different from "On Timeout" which shows up for some users (including me a month or so ago).

But anyone going through a divorce knows the first thing you do is cancel joint accounts to protect your credit. That's what I did. I closed the bank accounts too when I went through a divorce. I didn't want my ex to have access to my direct deposit and blow money out of spite so I created new accounts.

He gave her a reasonable amount of weekly cash, was working on the green card and told her to open a bank account in her name. What else was he supposed to do?

I don't consider a spouse giving approval for major purchases controlling either. I'm a sahm and I always ask my husband if certain things are in the budget or if we can plan to budget for things that we need. But I'm not a spender. We prefer being debt-free.
...and anyone who goes through a divorce knows that after they close all the accounts, if you want to pay your spouse less (in this case the wife), threaten her with a custody suit and she may be willing to accept less money in the long run. Oh, there are lots of nasty divorce games, but it's not a fair playing field when one person makes all the rules.
Curious...did the $300 cover food and expenses? Something tells me BC was advised to give her just enough so she wouldn't go to court and file for emergency relief (which takes forever anyway).

ETA: don't joint accounts require both parties signatures? I was never given access to anything "joint" so I wouldn't know.

I think they are looking at bathroom because it was a clean up area. I have often thought that the fight started there and Nancy briefly got away from him and made it to the foyer trying to flee...that follows his clean up pattern. Sickening image, sorry. JMO

Lori59, I swear I didn't see this post before I wrote almost exactly the same thing!

I had thought that maybe the struggle had started upstairs and Nancy somehow got away from BC and ran downstairs for the front door. I was thinking that is where he may have caught her and strangled her.

MOO

Makes sense to me: can picture that - despite my wondering if he ambushed NC as she walked thru the door. I wondered if he'd bought another drop-cloth (earlier - perhaps while NC was on vacation) and used that.

That way he could show "yes, a drop cloth was bought - but look - it's never been used...". He's such a liar that it would be hard to ascertain exactly how he did this unless he told the truth.

And of course ... pigs will fly before that happens ... IMOO

But, NC didn't appear to be that great of a housekeeper either. Maybe the pics were only representative of the fact she had been on vacation the week prior and hadn't cleaned or straightened yet. But the exterminator said the house was usually messy.

I was just going to say most of the house, including the master bedroom where she slept probably wouldn't be how a woman keeps it.

He didn't wipe all traces of anything. He discarded a router. Specifically, a 3825 router. Cisco has call logs that show, on 7/11/08 around 10:30pm Cooper using that router. That's the router. They chose not to bring that particular Cisco employee into court during rebuttal. But it does exist. We heard all about it on the WRAL feed.

He also erased the test calls on his cell phone so they would not appear in the call log. But those calls do appear on the AT&T records.

The defense isn't saying someone hacked into Nancy's RR email and set it up. Yet Brad did it. Got caught doing it. They recovered emails showing he READ the forwarded emails too. Showed those right on the overhead screen in court. I was there that particular day. Saw it with my own two eyes.

No amount of spin can change the basic facts of this case or of this murder.

I am not a Cisco expert nor do I have I enough of the details of the event log entry, but from what I can see it seems likely that that router was on his VLAN to Cisco, not his home LAN. Duplicate or Mismatched IP errors while reconnecting to Virtual LANs is a common problem with many possible causes. If have asked if our Cisco gurus could help confirm this possibility. If the router was on the VLAN that night, it was physically some where at Cisco.

I posted a more-detailed discussion of all this a day or two back with links that go into the technical issues.

His cell phone was partially erased when Cisco decommissioned it. This is normal procedures by their systems and Cisco has confirmed in writing the date and details of their actions.

It is not a matter of spinning basic facts. It is making sure that when people claim something as a fact, it really is a fact in evidence or otherwise.

I managed to convince myself that she wasn't murdered shortly after midnight based on alcohol levels and stomach contents. If the children were awake at 4 AM and both parents were awake, then it would not be a likely time for a murder. That takes us to 6 in the morning, which is a far more risky time to be trying to hide the evidence of a murder.

BUT, We only have Brad's word on what the children were or were not doing that morning. Not good enough for me. IMO, he had plenty of motive and opportunity. Even an extra special TV table to corral the girls whilst he finished up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea