2011.05.04 Verdict Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am confused. Are these the items the jury originally asked for and was denied by judge or are these different items and is the jury going to see them?

okay 310 then............when a family is not able to pay their monthly bills, live hand to mouth, pull on their 401K, take out a second mortgage, etc. this is too much.....

maybe they should have sold a bmw or changed gyms.......whatever.......when you have no money, you don't spend money......that was the point:)

And you would eliminate green juice too. That stuff is like $4 a bottle.

Theory for me all along has been it happened in the master bathroom. I believe he crept in on her when she got home from the party. He saw her silouette and followed her.

Many of us here commented on the toilet seat being up in the photos during trial. A woman typically puts it up to clean it or be sick in it.

I think they are looking at bathroom because it was a clean up area. I have often thought that the fight started there and Nancy briefly got away from him and made it to the foyer trying to flee...that follows his clean up pattern. Sickening image, sorry. JMO

Theory for me all along has been it happened in the master bathroom. I believe he crept in on her when she got home from the party. He saw her silouette and followed her.

Didn't we hear testimony from friends that Nancy kept the car keys with her at all times, and she locked the bedroom door ... didn't we hear that?

You are correct that google maps isn't always up to date, but I don't think anyone thinks Brad was looking for a site during this search. I am certain that isn't the first time he had seen that area.

Yet under oath, in a 7 hour deposition, BC claimed he didn't know the area and had never been there.... and had no desire to go there. Right. Not.

:waitasec:

Didn't we hear testimony from friends that Nancy kept the car keys with her at all times, and she locked the bedroom door ... didn't we hear that?

Yep, more evidence she most likely never made it to bed that night. Maybe that is why he attacked her prior to her going to bed, because he also knew that to be her pattern.

The clorox clean-up bottles were the only thing I recall from the bathroom photos.

Yes, there was those wipes.

I thought the whole top of the vanity looked odd and not as a woman would leave it.

Perhaps not on this particular night. She walked to/from the neighbors. Keys/phone/purse may have been in her room - prior to the murder. He may have jumped up before she could shut the door and forced his way in. Shut the door (maybe even locked it to prevent the girls from coming in).

Wasn't it Cummings that talked about the green juice in closings? Saying Brad was thirsty, and showing how he wiped his brow coming in HT? Some made fun of him talking about that, but at the time I thought it was effective.....another small, significant lie. He mentioned how after the girls had went to Canada, he had bought it something like 14 times. Devil is in the details. This jury was paying attention.

YEs it was, and I heard that in the closing. It was Brad that was the big 'green juice' drinker, not the children. :great:

Did the girl's bedroom window face DD's house?

Well, it's not a crazy thought, but when would she had taken a shower? Her getting up in the 4-5am time frame doesn't fit the states timeline very good. It would save him from undressing her but it only makes better sense if she took a shower when she got home.

Not only that, but then the whole cleaning and laundry stuff wouldn't make sense.

Had work and a green card been such an important priority for her, she could have gotten out of that marriage at any time during the 5 years before they had children.

Remember, she was talking to her friend in 2001, after her marriage, that she had met someone else with connections who would get her a green card faster. In the end she decided to stick with BC, and have not one - but two children.
Hindsight is always the best sight. Unfortunately, she did what she did and it cost her her life. How sad is that?

One thing I'm having a hard time getting out of my mind is how BC was arrested WITHOUT the google search evidence?

I think you are right about the seat being up in the master bath which would have been Nancy's bathroom!!!! That caught my attention at the time, and women on the jury would notice that also and maybe think something happened in that bathroom.

Some guys will never learn. PUT the *D* seat down. In this case, it is a GOOD thing. :great:

Yep, more evidence she most likely never made it to bed that night. Maybe that is why he attacked her prior to her going to bed, because he also knew that to be her pattern.

I managed to convince myself that she wasn't murdered shortly after midnight based on alcohol levels and stomach contents. If the children were awake at 4 AM and both parents were awake, then it would not be a likely time for a murder. That takes us to 6 in the morning, which is a far more risky time to be trying to hide the evidence of a murder.

I had thought that maybe the struggle had started upstairs and Nancy somehow got away from BC and ran downstairs for the front door. I was thinking that is where he may have caught her and strangled her.

MOO

My comments about Google Maps had nothing to do with BC's intelligence. The point I was tying to make is that I can't envision a senario where "anybody" would use Google Maps to search for a location to do anything at all, much less something as critical as dumping a body. Google Maps is not in realtime, isn't always accurate, the resolution is inadequate, etc... Up until a few months ago, a search on my home address returned my neighbor's house,not mine. The house that was actually my house had a car in the driveway that I haven't owned in several years. Like trying to hit a fastball with a rolled up newspaper, Google Maps simply doesn't seemed to be suited for this purpose. I would think that this is something that would have been glaringly apparent to BC and anybody else that tried to use it for this purpose. And the fact that he simply "did" use Google Maps, as you stated, proves very little. I use it frequently. Lots of people do. But if I'm looking for a place to shoot BB guns with my son (which is about as close to lawlessness as I get), I'm still going to find and visit the location in person to make sure there are no houses nearby, no roads, etc... But the more salient point here, IMO, is that, unless I missed something, which is entirely possible, the prosecutor failed to adequately connect the Google Maps search to the crime by failing to present a plausible scenario where Google Maps might be useful in searching for a location to dispose of a body.

Isn't that true about google maps, I have lived in my house for four years and until a month or so ago not only did the road not show up, but it looked like a forest full of trees. Good thing it wasn't my location on there, as the development was well developed despite not showing on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther