5/5/2011 Billie Dunn, Mom of Missing Teen, to Appear Live on KRBC News at 5 & 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was SO NOT about Billie Jean Dunn on March 17, 2011, but she managed to make it SO.
Warrants were issued out of two counties, Howard (Shawn Adkins) and Scurry (Renee Norwood's, Shawn's grandmother's, residence).
Mitchell County became involved because Shawn was not in Howard County at the time the warrant was executed.

UPDATED (with photos): Mother of missing Colorado City teen Hailey ...
( 'http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/mar/18/mother-missing-colorado-city-teen-hailey-dunn-arra/?print=1' )

(article snipped) ...

"On Thursday, law enforcement officers went to Billie Dunn’s house looking for Adkins to execute the search warrant, but she allegedly falsely told investigators Adkins was not there, which led to the hindering apprehension and false report charges.
The dangerous drug charge was in connection with a prescription medicine for which Billie Jean Dunn did not have a prescription.
Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said Billie Dunn consented to having her home searched after telling officers Adkins was not there. When investigators searched the house, they found Adkins and executed the search warrant for him, but Toombs would not elaborate on what evidence was sought or collected.
The search warrant was issued out of Howard County because his mother’s house in Big Spring was his last known address.
Officials also executed a search warrant for Adkins’ grandmother’s home in Dunn, where he had been staying after leaving Billie Dunn’s house in the aftermath of Hailey's disappearance. Scurry County District Attorney Dana Cooley declined to comment on any specifics related to that warrant.”

Mr. Young … BD need not have been arrested 'so late in the day' if she had not broken a law. LE did not go to her home looking for BD, they went there looking for SA. The warrant was executed much earlier in the day … 'county hopping' was why it was accomplished later in the day.

It was SO NOT about Billie Jean Dunn on March 17, 2011, but she managed to make it SO.
Warrants were issued out of two counties, Howard (Shawn Adkins) and Scurry (Renee Norwood's, Shawn's grandmother's, residence).
Mitchell County became involved because Shawn was not in Howard County at the time the warrant was executed.

UPDATED (with photos): Mother of missing Colorado City teen Hailey ...
( 'http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/mar/18/mother-missing-colorado-city-teen-hailey-dunn-arra/?print=1' )

(article snipped) ...

"On Thursday, law enforcement officers went to Billie Dunn’s house looking for Adkins to execute the search warrant, but she allegedly falsely told investigators Adkins was not there, which led to the hindering apprehension and false report charges.
The dangerous drug charge was in connection with a prescription medicine for which Billie Jean Dunn did not have a prescription.
Mitchell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs said Billie Dunn consented to having her home searched after telling officers Adkins was not there. When investigators searched the house, they found Adkins and executed the search warrant for him, but Toombs would not elaborate on what evidence was sought or collected.
The search warrant was issued out of Howard County because his mother’s house in Big Spring was his last known address.
Officials also executed a search warrant for Adkins’ grandmother’s home in Dunn, where he had been staying after leaving Billie Dunn’s house in the aftermath of Hailey's disappearance. Scurry County District Attorney Dana Cooley declined to comment on any specifics related to that warrant.”

Mr. Young … BD need not have been arrested 'so late in the day' if she had not broken a law. LE did not go to her home looking for BD, they went there looking for SA. The warrant was executed much earlier in the day … 'county hopping' was why it was accomplished later in the day.

This is an excellent point. BBM Let me see. LE had a warrant for Shawn. So in the minds of LE they said, I think I'll wait until 8:30pm at night to go find Shawn at Billie Dunn's house. And when I get there I'm going to find illegal drugs on her and she is going to lie to me so that I can arrest her after the Justice has left for the day, and thus we get to babysit her all night with her demands. YUP

Mr. Young's story might make sense if they had a warrant for her. LE would have had to be the best psychics in the world to have known that 1. Billie Dunn would lie to police, and 2. That she would have a bottle of pills with the name scratched off.

Mr. Young needs to make it more believable. :waitasec:

This is an excellent point. BBM Let me see. LE had a warrant for Shawn. So in the minds of LE they said, I think I'll wait until 8:30pm at night to go find Shawn at Billie Dunn's house. And when I get there I'm going to find illegal drugs on her and she is going to lie to me so that I can arrest her after the Justice has left for the day and thus we get to babysit her all night with her demands. YUP

Mr. Young's story might make sense if they had a warrant for her. LE would have had to be the best psychics in the world to have known that 1. Billie Dunn would lie to police, and 2. That she would have a bottle of pills with the name scratched off.

Mr. Young needs to make it more believable. :waitasec:

Funny thing is, BD got arrested at around 6:30 p.m. that day too not late at night like Young says. :banghead:

<John Young: There was somewhat of a chilling effect, Brittany, when, you know, this case became more about who done it rather than find, you know, find the child, rather than finding Hailey, and when, you know, some in law enforcement chose at the late hour to execute a warrant that could have been executed early morning, and to try to hold Billie over night, you know, to have the chance to chat with her a bit without a lawyer, that has a bit of a chilling effect on our desire to cooperate. Now, we continue, obviously, to want to cooperate fully and completely in anything that has to do with finding, finding Hailey. We want our baby home.>

Who is he referring to in law enforcement? Maybe I missed that somewhere.

Reporter: &#8230;any regrets over this time?

Billie Jean Dunn: I do, but things have played out this way for a reason, and I just really regret that people are more interested if I&#8217;m at the grocery store, rather than, I wish people would look for my baby as hard as they look for me.

~~~~

I really try not to nitpick people's statements, but this is just so weird. I've learned over the years that when people say "but," they don't really mean the first statement and truly mean the second one.

What in the wide world is that supposed to mean...things have played out this way for a reason????!!??

ETA: I mean, if you actually sit and say it out loud, you get a feeling about that phrase - almost like it's "in the know," or something. So strange.

I do not need a &#8216;poll&#8217; to know these interviews did not help BD.
BD&#8217;s life (or death) is in the hands of John Young &#8230; very scary IMHO if I were in her shoes.

"Those minor charges are keeping Billie from being able to re-license".

Paraphrasing Young's statement. So Billie can't go back to work or reinstate her LPN License because of the pending outcome of the drug charge, hindering and false statement to LE? I laughed when he said that. Her license expired in May 2007. So four years later the reason she can't re-license is due to those frivolous charges. Does Young realize how idiotic he sounds?

Agree with you all .... BS, the whole flippin interview!! Just wondering why? There has to be a reason for the timing.
amen knoxy! wonder what happened to her unit clerk job... no license required

further thought as to the "who done it" statement...

I personally have seen a lot of missing people FOUND after they establish "who done it"

moo

I agree ;-)... and I am sure, now thinking about it more, that the drug charge could affect even a unit clerk position in the hospital

That and her admitted theft of the silver nitrate sticks. Hospitals generally don't like you stealing from them, and using their computers and printers for personal use.

That and her admitted theft of the silver nitrate sticks. Hospitals generally don't like you stealing from them, and using their printers for personal use.

Yeah I got a little hung up on that also.

Sec. 411.001. DEFINITIONS. In this chapter:
(1) "Commission" means the Public Safety Commission.
(2) "Department" means the Department of Public Safety of the State of Texas.
(3) "Director" means the public safety director.
(4) "Internet" means the largest nonproprietary nonprofit cooperative public computer network, popularly known as the Internet.

Kind of interesting.

Anyone have any thoughts about why Billie said no comment when asked about Shawn in the 4/29 interview but now she has quite a lot to say about him?

Donjeta I think on the 29th BD was following her lawyers advice. But I also feel we are seeing some spin here and if there is any complicity on BD's part in association with SA, Shawn is holding some cards. In other words don't be casting aspersions on me.

I don't know why, but I think something is moving quietly behind the scenes in this case, and this is all just trying to get out in front of it.

I won't say anything about his attire or the way he had to read from his notes the names of the children who had been abducted and returned home. ;)

I was wondering why now too Knox. The incident over at Gma's the other day? Mother's Day? Was it strategic or just an attempt at PR---which failed miserably?

I found myself focusing on that tie. The video was tiny, but it looked crooked. One thing I noticed. He often refers to Hailey as "our baby and child".

Maybe you're right HB, Mother's day approaching?

So I guess they are going with the story of how she ONCE had a script for flexeril (?) and therefore the pills are not illegal. So, I ONCE had a script for Vicodin, does that mean I can just keep getting them off the street and they will be legit? lmboooo.........lawyers.

When I was transcribing I googled Flexeril to get the correct spelling, and some links came up about Flexeril for "recreational" use... along with... Ativan...

facepalm

&#8216; https://www.bon.state.tx.us/olv/vnrslt.asp '

Billie Jean Dunn&#8217;s LVN License # 192287 issued on 1/29/2004 was revoked on 11/12/2008 for failure to appear on charges listed within the document, namely for practicing without a valid license which expired on May 31, 2007.

Not because of &#8216;minor&#8217; charges currently pending.

Help, my links are not working correctly? &#8230; try this and work forwards:
bon.state.tx.us/olv/verification/html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members