2011.05.20 On a Scale of 1 to 10 How do you Feel About this Jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking 7.5 - 8. I think some who are wishy-washy, will feel VERY differently when they see and hear the evidence. 31 DAYS

I know you can't believe everything you hear on Nancy Grace, but a reporter on her show said that ICA would be in protective custody in prison. I don't know if that is accurate, or not.

She may be in PC right after her initial transfer, but PC in any enviroment is expensive. She will be released in General Population, the State can't afford to keep her in babysitters (sorry, that pun wasn't intended) for the duration of her stay. She will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

There was a lady sentenced to death in Florida, yesterday. I wish I knew the make-up of her jury and how they compare to what we know about the jury for ICA's trial. For example, I wonder how many of those jurors had expressed migivings about the DP, but voted for it anyway. Would be interesting, IMO.

There was 10 women and 2 men on the Margret Allen jury. The DP vote by the jury was unanimous and reached in only one hour.

Not sure this case is comparable to ICA's case because in the Allen case there were witnesses and they were able to tell the cause of death which was extremely heinous.

http://www.wftv.com/news/25133534/detail.html

I will give them an 8 for the death penalty and a 10 for a conviction of 1st degree murder. I just do not see them seeing it any different than the majority of us who have seen all the evidence.

I also think that if she testifies during the penalty phase, she better take responsibility for Caylee's death... if she doesn't, she might get the death penalty. She can not get up there and lie to these people after she has been convicted... they will not fall for it.

ITA, couldn't have said it better myself:seeya:

I believe HHJP will sentence ICA to life even if the jurors give a sentence of death....which I dont think they will anyways.

that may be.

i know a judge is not supposed to think like this,

but, if they get her on murder one

and its up to the judge

it may matter that SHE has put the state of florida, its people, and THE JUDICIAL system, of which he is a CHIEF JUDGE, through a lot of time and expense and anguish

and if I was he, that certainly would not work in her favor.

oh and hes already put several to death (i believe)

Its hard to give them a number rating for me, but I think because of all the challenges for cause, all the preemptory challenges used, the number of possible jurors thrown out since they were possibly tainted, and the number of hours interviewing the possible jurors.... in all probability I think there is at least a fair jury.

I give them a 6. I don't like the AA woman that can't judge. she is going to hang the jury unless they can somehow get rid of her during deliberations and get another alternate in.

Also, there were several against the DP so I have to lower the rating. I do not believe the Prosecution will get a DP ruling out of this jury. I am also shocked that the judge calls this a DP qualified jury. In Calif they would have to be willing to vote the DP or they wouldn't get on the jury. He let any ol person on if he could bully them into saying they would consider it. The AA woman never said she could consider it and he still put her on.

I'm not too concerned. I know she's against the DP, but am I confident she would actually think iCA is innocent? nope! When it comes to the DP phase, she can say no all she wants - we only need a majority. So if it's 10-2 for the DP the judge can rule for the DP.

I think she will be able to judge guilt or innocence, but just not for the DP.

Just my .02

MOO

Mel

She may be in PC right after her initial transfer, but PC in any enviroment is expensive. She will be released in General Population, the State can't afford to keep her in babysitters (sorry, that pun wasn't intended) for the duration of her stay. She will just have to suck it up and deal with it.

Right - just like Peterson. From what I recall (don't quote me here) he was put in isolation while going through the initial process to get him to his tier on death row. Now I hear he's all comfy and cozy.

ICA - if she does get LWOP, there's NO way I can see the jail will keep her isolated just because she's ICA. Look at Jeffrey Dahmer and he was one bad apple. He was in gen pop - until he got popped!

MOO

Mel

If a juror has some difficulties understanding what is presented in court they can ask to be removed and an alternate will take their place. I think if this lady has any difficulties she will bring it to the judge's attention and ask to be removed herself. She seems very honest. Nothing wrong with admitting you don't understand what is being presented. Plus I think SA will make the evidence understandable so there is no mistake. jmo

that may be.

i know a judge is not supposed to think like this,

but, if they get her on murder one

and its up to the judge

it may matter that SHE has put the state of florida, its people, and THE JUDICIAL system, of which he is a CHIEF JUDGE, through a lot of time and expense and anguish

and if I was he, that certainly would not work in her favor.

oh and hes already put several to death (i believe)

Yes, he's put several to death (just don't know how many). He also even witnessed the execution of Judy Buenoano, who was known as “the Black Widow.” Your Honour was a assistant state attorney at the time.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...to-wesh-about-black-widow-case-execution.html

I have no doubt he's for the DP in horrific cases, such as this one. He's been on the other side (SA table).

MOO

Mel

I am standing at an 8. I was very surprised that there werent more strikes.

These poor people-I am cringing at the thought of what they are going to have to listen to. To them I say: Put on your boots folks, time to wade through a big ol' pile :shakehead:

I think a 5, only because I'm suspicious by nature and I'm not sure there's not a stealth on there.

I believe they will find her guilty of 1st degree murder and sentence her to death.IMO once they hear all the facts and the rest of the evidence,even if they do not believe in the death penalty they will after they review the evidence.Scale of 10.

I believe the Defense is satisfied with the panel because they never made a Motion to strike the entire panel, and the Inmate did not tell the Judge, when he asked her personally, that she wanted to strike the panel and start over somewhere else. So, the Defense and the Inmate have only themselves to blame if this jury does not give them the verdict(s) they want.

The Defense has some hopefuls for not voting for the death penalty.

# 1 - 1019 - Black male will not consider the death penalty in any circumstance - says God makes the final judgment.

# 4 - 1319 - Black female - does not like to judge people - State denied a strike on her, State said she may HANG the jury.

# 5 - 1429 - female - white - 60s - for the DP, retired Nurse's Aide, son cashed bad checks, grandson had drug problems [may have compassion of Inmate Anthony?]

# 10 - 3310 - white male - says death penalty is a necessary option, but will consider defendant's age as mitigating factor if young enough to be salvageable. His sister tied up and robbed their father and she did time in Ocala but has turned her life around. He may think Inmate Anthony is salvageable and can turn her life around.

#11 - 3016 - white male - single, no kids - against the death penalty - hard for him to decide on death

Alternate # 2 - white male - neutral on death penalty - would probably vote against DP if it was up on a referendum

Alternate # 3 - white female - husband in jail for drugs, she bounced checks - hopes Inmate Anthony didn't do it - has no opinion on death penalty

Alternate # 4 - white male - 25 yrs young, party crowd in Orlando, lives with parents, no bills (like Inmate Anthony), was on probation when 16 yrs old, neutral on death penalty

Alternate # 5 - white male - against the death penalty - has distrust of LE - State used strike but agreed to put him at end of list of Alternatives. Thought the horrible parody song was funny.
------------------------------
the State has some good, strong jurors:

# 1 - 1398 - female white - 68 yrs old, for the DP, crisis counselor, pediatric nurse, smelled decomp, articulate

# 3 - 1055 - female white - 32 yrs, for the DP, Nursing student, watches Dr. G show

# 6 - 1025 - male - white - 33yrs, for DP, young daughter almost 2 yrs old, 6 yr old son,

# 7 - 1007 - female - white - 41 yrs - could vote for DP - sometimes racially skewed, works Juvenile Justice and child welfare, Uncle is Sheriff, dated a State Atty in Florida, Defense wanted to strike for cause but was DENIED

# 8 - 3015 - female - white - 50s - no problem with DP, son in Coast guard, her Dad in LE in NJ, was on jury in criminal case Genovese crime family

# 9 - 3185 - male white - 53 yrs - supports DP, nephew is Manatee County Deputy Sheriff

# 12 - 3140 - female - white - for DP scale of 10, supports DP for first degree murder of a child, worked in daycare before retiring, 2 yr old grandson in TN, Defense wanted to strike but had used up their peremptory strikes

Thankx for that ThinkTank.

First, ICA did say when asked by HHJP if the jury was acceptable - "Yes, but with our objections". JB was standing next to her and whispered to her what to say. It was to get it on the record that she objected to the jury.

By your recap it seems the State has 7 good, strong jurors against the DP. That's all they need. I'm going to keep the faith.

Referring to post #96, I believe Juror #1429 may actually be more for the State than defense, despite her family having interaction with the criminal justice system.

MOO

I am standing at an 8. I was very surprised that there werent more strikes.

These poor people-I am cringing at the thought of what they are going to have to listen to. To them I say: Put on your boots folks, time to wade through a big ol' pile :shakehead:

OMG - not to get OT, but all I can think of is they're going to have a field day with the SIM CARD! Even I don't think I can hang around for that testimony. Let's not forget all those friends moving up North, South, East, and West!

GAHHHHHH!

Mel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members