What Is the Defense Strategy #2

I see there is a notice of provision of supplemental discovery on the docket from the DT. Is this their AHA stuff? An attempt at trial by ambush?

Info from WFTV's Twitter account:

CaseyAnthonyCh9 Casey Anthony WFTV
#CaseyAnthony defense team informs court it has turned over more discovery to the state. Contents won't be made public today.

We have learned the #CaseyAnthony discovery includes a CD containing photos of Casey and Caylee, and a DVD with interviews.

Info from WFTV's Twitter account:

#CaseyAnthony defense team informs court it has turned over more discovery to the state. Contents won't be made public today.

We have learned the #CaseyAnthony discovery includes a CD containing photos of Casey and Caylee, and a DVD with interviews.

Oh, pics of ICA being a "good mom" I suppose and more of her (ex) friends they saw her being a "good mom" is my guess.

Here is what I believe the defense will claim in opening statements. Defense team will say that Casey left the house without Caylee, and that Casey never knew what happened to Caylee. They will then claim that they are going to show that their client had nothing to do with Caylee's death, and that while she was partying she had no idea of Caylee's whereabouts.

They will say that Cindy had no idea what happened to Caylee either, and she mistakenly believed that Casey did, and that is why she called 911, and kept calling Casey to inquire about Caylee. It will come out that Casey was afraid of George Anthony, and at some point figured out he was responsible for Caylee's death. Because she feared for her own life, she protected her father by keeping silent.

They will claim the whole ZFG story was made out of duress because Casey so feared for her own life.
In other words, George was the reason that story came out.

If the defense plans to assert George had access to KC's car, killed the baby, put the baby in the trunk, dumped the body at Casey's pet burial grounds, then drove the car to the check cashing location from which Casey called Lazzarro? She'll need to take the stand to explain how that all went down, and she'll have to make the jury understand why her own safety was better assured with her in jail and "a murderer" free rather than the reverse. If she knew all this and didn't turn in "the murderer" for three long years, isn't she a co-conspirator guilty as accessory after the fact. She could still go down for murder under these circumstances, couldn't she?

OK, so team KC is conceding that Zanny was a lie. Are they hoping that it is glossed over quickly in the trial so they can move on to a better lie?

IMO, the Zanny story remains very important as KC went to great lengths to convince her parents that she existed and went so far as to give 3 names to the 911 operator, claimed the nanny lived at Sawgrass to the point of giving an actual apartment number, car description, etc... this went on for months. CA claimed she actually had a phone number for Zanny and both CA/GA "described" her as a "ten." KC even told the 911 operator that she spoke to Caylee on the phone just a couple of days prior to CA reporting her missing. I think team KC is trying to downplay the story and the lengths to which KC went to make Zanny's existence more believable (remember the supposed car accident, going to Tampa General?). All of the other stories/lies that followed the fake Zanny kidnapping, didn't garner near as much effort from KC as the original, and IMO, this is important. Team KC knows it's bad, therefore they are going to do their best to give it as little attention as possible.

OK, so team KC is conceding that Zanny was a lie. Are they hoping that it is glossed over quickly in the trial so they can move on to a better lie?

IMO, the Zanny story remains very important as KC went to great lengths to convince her parents that she existed and went so far as to give 3 names to the 911 operator, claimed the nanny lived at Sawgrass to the point of giving an actual apartment number, car description, etc... this went on for months. CA claimed she actually had a phone number for Zanny and both CA/GA "described" her as a "ten." KC even told the 911 operator that she spoke to Caylee on the phone just a couple of days prior to CA reporting her missing. I think team KC is trying to downplay the story and the lengths to which KC went to make Zanny's existence more believable (remember the supposed car accident, going to Tampa General?). All of the other stories/lies that followed the fake Zanny kidnapping, didn't garner near as much effort from KC as the original, and IMO, this is important. Team KC knows it's bad, therefore they are going to do their best to give it as little attention as possible.

I agree. The State will emphasize this Zenaida story to prove how she made up ridiculous lies which they were able to easily disprove. Important lies which did not help them at all in their investigation. The defense will be at a loss for the Zenaida story. I don't know how they will try to explain it.

See, I don't think she is a smooth liar at all. I think she is as transparent as glass. Especially when Cindy says is that Zanny's apartment, and repeats it because it is obvious KC is lying - she answers something completely different but starts with a yes and then says she had such and such. An answer she thinks she can get away with because she says yes in the beginning but at the end is adding something different so she can always say, I never said that.

But Cindy knows she is lying and wants her to tell the truth so she says I know whos apartment it is, is it Zannie's or maybe she is saying is it Ricardo's . I forget but you get the gist. And after Cindy tells KC that, she admits it because she knows Cindy knows.

Ryan Paisley said "everyone knew KC was a liar".

Yes, I know what you mean and I should have said lies so "EASILY" , without hesitation or taking a breath, but remember she did fool some of the people a lot of time and may still be doing that???
I still recommend revisiting that jailhouse visit video.

Yes, I know what you mean and I should have said lies so "EASILY" , without hesitation or taking a breath, but remember she did fool some of the people a lot of time and may still be doing that???
I still recommend revisiting that jailhouse visit video.

IIRC, one of KC's acquaintances stated that everybody knew KC lied a lot, but nobody ever called her out on it, they just let it ride rather than get into a conflict about things with KC, that none of the lies really seemed to matter much to anyone. Of course, these were the lies she told long before June 2008. Not until after Caylee went missing did anyone start to think back and realize just how horrible KC's lies could get.

I believe this gave KC a false sense of security when it came to her lies, which followed her right into her lying to LE about literally everything. IMO, she still has that false sense of security and believes if she can just talk to people long enough, and fabricate even the tiniest detail, people will believe her. This is why I think she just might insist on testifying.

Jb admits she lies and tries to blame Yuri Melich for leading her into more lies?
More crimes?
He is really tough to undertsnad...
and well I just could not figure it out in the
March INVESTIGATORY hearings?
I think he was fishing for something defense wise?
But/ Hey I am without a clue....

IIRC, one of KC's acquaintances stated that everybody knew KC lied a lot, but nobody ever called her out on it, they just let it ride rather than get into a conflict about things with KC, that none of the lies really seemed to matter much to anyone. Of course, these were the lies she told long before June 2008. Not until after Caylee went missing did anyone start to think back and realize just how horrible KC's lies could get.

I believe this gave KC a false sense of security when it came to her lies, which followed her right into her lying to LE about literally everything. IMO, she still has that false sense of security and believes if she can just talk to people long enough, and fabricate even the tiniest detail, people will believe her. This is why I think she just might insist on testifying.

Not anymore, imo. She looks dreadful, horrendous, awful and the before and after pictures someone posted show it. Her eyes look absolutely dead. She knows. Reality is here and it is fast and hard.

Not anymore, imo. She looks dreadful, horrendous, awful and the before and after pictures someone posted show it. Her eyes look absolutely dead. She knows. Reality is here and it is fast and hard.

Interesting that you interpret her eyes as looking dead. That was my thought exactly earlier today. If she doesn't already know what's ahead, then she should.

Here is what I believe the defense will claim in opening statements. Defense team will say that Casey left the house without Caylee, and that Casey never knew what happened to Caylee. They will then claim that they are going to show that their client had nothing to do with Caylee's death, and that while she was partying she had no idea of Caylee's whereabouts.

They will say that Cindy had no idea what happened to Caylee either, and she mistakenly believed that Casey did, and that is why she called 911, and kept calling Casey to inquire about Caylee. It will come out that Casey was afraid of George Anthony, and at some point figured out he was responsible for Caylee's death. Because she feared for her own life, she protected her father by keeping silent.

They will claim the whole ZFG story was made out of duress because Casey so feared for her own life.

All logic would have to go out the window for the jury. Once she was in jail KC pretty much had nothing to fear from her father. We all know everyone was to blame but KC. KC was out of the house and would have had no problem going to the police. Her father was not a police officer so lying to LE makes no sense. GA is the meakest in the that whole family dynamic but he did so love his granddaughter.

The day KC left GA was leaving for work and was in work all night. Certainly not a good story for KC to try and sell the jury. Plus I believe JG said he talked to KC that afternoon and heard Caylee in the background. jmo

I'm watching "Special Report" on HLN with Vinnie Politan this hour. Someone on the panel suggests that the defense will say that Caylee's death was accidental and that Casey couldn't tell anyone about it because of the sex abuse that she suffered in her home that contributed to PTSD.

But KC was using at least the name Zani and nanny, way before Caylee was missing, so her story was not really made in duress...so I don't think the defense would claim that.

OMG! Caller on HLN "Special Report" just said that she thinks that Roy Kronk fathered Caylee :eek:

OMG! Caller on HLN "Special Report" just said that she thinks that Roy Kronk fathered Caylee :eek:

Good freaking LORD. Was that Joy Wray calling in? Wow, what a crazy caller!

Does anyone believe River Cruz and her sister's claims? I only read River Cruz(aka Krystal Holloway) transcript recently and she says GA told her it was an accident but never says how it happened.

This all MOO...

I have been thinking for a while now that the DT is going to say it was and accidental drowning (in the family pool) or a fall off of the balcony at TL apartment. They will then have to explain the location of the body and the duct tape, which I think they will try to say she panicked and wanted it to look like a stranger/kidknapping type scenario. OR, that she duct tapped Caylee's mouth so that bugs could not get in (as I type this my temper is rising) which is why the heart sticker... I don't believe any intelligent juror is going to buy any of it there is too much evidence of murder in MO and I know in my heart in the end there WILL be justice for Caylee!!

All logic would have to go out the window for the jury. Once she was in jail KC pretty much had nothing to fear from her father. We all know everyone was to blame but KC. KC was out of the house and would have had no problem going to the police. Her father was not a police officer so lying to LE makes no sense. GA is the meakest in the that whole family dynamic but he did so love his granddaughter.

The day KC left GA was leaving for work and was in work all night. Certainly not a good story for KC to try and sell the jury. Plus I believe JG said he talked to KC that afternoon and heard Caylee in the background. jmo

Why do you say logic has to go out the window? If the defense is trying to get the jury to think that someone other than Casey killed Caylee, then George stating what time they left would be suspect by that logic. In fact, GA had several statements about the morning of the 16th. that didn't all add up. The defense will have the jury thinking that it's possibly that GA killed Caylee, put the body in Casey's car, and then she drove off or he kept Caylee, and Casey left. He later put Caylee in her trunk when she wasn't around. He later removed the body when Casey complained about the car stinking. She'll claim GA told her it was a dead squirrel, which it tells him it's time to move the body from the car.

I don't believe this carp. Just playing devil's advocate here.

It won't add up to anything, but it's a good diversion for the defense to toss out, to make the jury think other than what the SA has to say is gold proof.
It then forces the SA to have to additionally prove that what the DT says is bunk.

This all MOO...

I have been thinking for a while now that the DT is going to say it was and accidental drowning (in the family pool) or a fall off of the balcony at TL apartment. They will then have to explain the location of the body and the duct tape, which I think they will try to say she panicked and wanted it to look like a stranger/kidknapping type scenario. OR, that she duct tapped Caylee's mouth so that bugs could not get in (as I type this my temper is rising) which is why the heart sticker... I don't believe any intelligent juror is going to buy any of it there is too much evidence of murder in MO and I know in my heart in the end there WILL be justice for Caylee!!

Nicki, I don't think for a minute that KC would allow that. She isn't going to permit herself or permit the defense to associate her in any manner with Caylee's death. She'd fire them first!

I hope no one minds me asking this question, it may have an obvious answer but this is the first time I've followed an ongoing trial in America.

I haven't read through this thread so it may have been addressed already.

What is the situation with the evidence and the defense team, what are they privy to? All of it or selected pieces of information?

Also, whatever happened to the video of Casey when she found out from the news that Caylees body had been found, was that ever released, if not, will it be released during the trial?

I'm just going through some of the stuff I've missed, like the Anthony family depositions. I followed it right through the first few months, and kept up to date mostly through 2009. From then on I only checked into WS every couple of weeks so I have missed quite a few things really. So trying desperately to get up to speed on things before tomorrow.

Thank you.
The video was sealed...discovery has been released to both sides (including some today by the DT).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roller Derby
Back