NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure that Crimestoppers isn't part of the police department. It's a private organization. I thought that they announced that it would be $10,000 instead of the usual $5,000. But I may be mistaken

Yes I know, but Crimestoppers do work closely with the police, and it was Nassau County Crimestoppers who announced the planed "record-high reward ", and in lots of newsreports etc. the public was/are encouraged to give tips to Crimestoppers in this case.
SO, it still is kind of odd, IMO, that NOTHING have been published concerning this alledged record-high reward since april 22/23, which IMO could indicate that LE indeed have a viable suspect on their hands.

Regarding their not leaving Oak Beach: How could police sources know this for sure? I wondered that when I first read it. Who is the "source familiar with the probe?" Were the surveillance cameras working? Were they not missing after all? Was someone watching the gate for three hours? Was that a comment made to protect people outside Oak Beach? What could you do for 15 minutes, not leaving Oak Beach? Does this mean they were visiting a neighbor? To me this sort of mystery journalism is unacceptable. And no one questions this sort of comment. We end up knowing nothing.

I guess I always ASSUMED that it was Shannon's driver, MP who told LE about them leaving for 15 minutes. He was allegedly "parked and playing video poker" before being called to come and get her. I don't have the media source right now, but it is well documented back in the threads. If anyone really needs it, let me know and I will dig out the source that discusses MP being "parked, playing video poker". So far as we know, MP, JB, and SG knew what was going on in JB's house that night. SG can't tell us what happened, JB couldn't be trusted with anything he said anyways, because he is obviously involved in illegal activity by having her there, and MP has spoken with LE, therefore, I deduce that MP is the source of information about the 15 minute trip.

I apologize if this was mentioned before by someone else. Look at this missing person case from last June. The guy lived within walking distance of the CVS. Also, read somewhere that one of JB's rental homes was also in this neighborhood.

Just my gut feeling. This missing person, Michael Taus, is somehow related to our SK case.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110711"]Michael Taus Missing West Islip man discussion[/ame]

It's becoming so mainstream around the underworld that even 20 year olds are being caught exploiting their own slaves to generate income; Queens man charged with forcing teen to be a prostitute.

Here's a case where an owner of some clubs and his sister forced illegal immigrants to work as sex slaves;
Sex Trafficking and forced prostitution charges.

And best of all, while doing research for this post, I found this article in MS Magazine that supports my theory that our SK is a soldier or player in the sex trafficking industry;

http://msmagazine.com/blog/blog/2011/04/25/long-island-murders-sex-trafficking-ring-involved/

A story I thought I would share....I had a business appointment in LI yesterday. Afterwards, a woman and I got to talking about how we are both residents of the infamous barrier island, me a summer resident and her a year round Oak Beach resident. Well, to make a long story short, we got into a little chat about the SK. She said serveral things that I personally found interesting....she said JB is totally weird, it would'nt surprise her one bit if he was the SK. His house is CREEPY according to this woman, weird goings on there. Happily for her, he has sold his house ( she would definitely know this). She wondered if LE has checked out his Islip house? Does anyone know this?, because I didn't. She did say the OB house was looked at by LE.
We discussed briefly that had the OBI remained open, there would have been more traffic there during the nightime hours. BTW, she did mention that OB is closer to RM bridge and Emergency vehicles have a harder time getting there than WGB. WGB is closer to the Wantagh and Meadowbrook. She did say many of her neighbors are deeply disturbed by what went on there. I was in a rush, so I didn't get into Dr Hyde.
Everytime, I get away from thinking it's JB, something comes up regarding him.

A story I thought I would share....I had a business appointment in LI yesterday. Afterwards, a woman and I got to talking about how we are both residents of the infamous barrier island, me a summer resident and her a year round Oak Beach resident. Well, to make a long story short, we got into a little chat about the SK. She said serveral things that I personally found interesting....she said JB is totally weird, it would'nt surprise her one bit if he was the SK. His house is CREEPY according to this woman, weird goings on there. Happily for her, he has sold his house ( she would definitely know this). She wondered if LE has checked out his Islip house? Does anyone know this?, because I didn't. She did say the OB house was looked at by LE.
We discussed briefly that had the OBI remained open, there would have been more traffic there during the nightime hours. BTW, she did mention that OB is closer to RM bridge and Emergency vehicles have a harder time getting there than WGB. WGB is closer to the Wantagh and Meadowbrook. She did say many of her neighbors are deeply disturbed by what went on there. I was in a rush, so I didn't get into Dr Hyde.
Everytime, I get away from thinking it's JB, something comes up regarding him.

Bolded by me. What do you mean here? I don't understand how a development a stones throw from the Causeway is harder to get to.

Which made me then put the Suffolk County 3rd precinct into google maps and its a 12 minute ride to Oak Beach. Police Cruiser could do much better than that...SAD!

@KP: I don't know what she meant, but next time I see her, I'll ask her for you.

Thanks for the reply.
I was just wondering. To me an emergency vehicle could get from the exit of the Robert Moses Causeway to the gate at OB in under a minute.

Bolded by me. What do you mean here? I don't understand how a development a stones throw from the Causeway is harder to get to.

Which made me then put the Suffolk County 3rd precinct into google maps and its a 12 minute ride to Oak Beach. Police Cruiser could do much better than that...SAD!

It's even more pathetic than that;

One block from the causeway on Montauk highway is Good Samaritan Hospital. On any given evening there are always at least two patrol cars hanging out in front of the emergency room parking lot. It's less than a mile to the causeway bridge, two miles across the first bridge and then one mile to Oak Beach. That's a four mile (maybe five at the most) trip to Oak Beach from the hospital.

A patrol car responding to a 911 distress call can do that trip in less than four minutes from the hospital.

You want to talk pathetic? You can, but even Suffolk County Police are not that pathetic. No my friends; the only explanation as to why the police took so long to respond to the 911 calls is that someone respectable with some kind of influence had to call off that first response to cancel out the first 911 call made by the neighbor. Then, when the second 911 call came in with SG screaming that people were trying to kill her, there was most likely some hesitation & confusion on the part of the 911 dispatchers as to whether or not they were supposed to continue to follow the orders to disregard the request for assistance at Oak Beach. Eventually, SG's screaming probably made someone at the dispatcher's office feel like they had to at least cover their asses by sending an officer to at least check out the situation and report back if all is well as they were instructed.

It's even more pathetic than that;

One block from the causeway on Montauk highway is Good Samaritan Hospital. On any given evening there are always at least two patrol cars hanging out in front of the emergency room parking lot. It's less than a mile to the causeway bridge, two miles across the first bridge and then one mile to Oak Beach. That's a four mile (maybe five at the most) trip to Oak Beach from the hospital.

A patrol car responding to a 911 distress call can do that trip in less than four minutes from the hospital.

You want to talk pathetic? You can, but even Suffolk County Police are not that pathetic. No my friends; the only explanation as to why the police took so long to respond to the 911 calls is that someone respectable with some kind of influence had to call off that first response to cancel out the first 911 call made by the neighbor. Then, when the second 911 call came in with SG screaming that people were trying to kill her, there was most likely some hesitation & confusion on the part of the 911 dispatchers as to whether or not they were supposed to continue to follow the orders to disregard the request for assistance at Oak Beach. Eventually, SG's screaming probably made someone at the dispatcher's office feel like they had to at least cover their asses by sending an officer to at least check out the situation and report back if all is well as they were instructed.

sorry for quoting myself. It also just occured to me that 911 dispatch would have the ability to contact the State Park Police and/or the State Troopers to have one of their patrols respond to a distress call (since they are assigned to the area and would have been even closer to Oak Beach). Captree state park is a mile away and Robert Moses State park is just over the 3rd bridge. Both of these parks have patrol cars assigned to patrol them.

By the way you can go over the third Captree Bridge (Robert Moses) at night. You just can't park in the parking lots. The SK only needed to stop his car for 30 seconds to dump the body off the road. I'm sure if LE did a little "looksie" on this stretch of beach (bay side).....I still feel JB is involved or knows something.

I don't believe for a minute that the SK dumped SG's body in the water. He could have just as easily went over the second Captree bridge and dumped it in the bramble along Robert Moses State Park.

Here's a link to a short blurb about a 1996 case (unrelated) where a toddler's body found in Manorville:
http://articles.nydailynews.com/1996-05-04/news/17991952_1_t-shirt-body-police
While this case in unrelated to the Ocean Parkway bodies, it's worth checking out for two distinct reasons... one, this toddler's body was found in the Manorville pine barrens... demonstrating that the area has been used as a dump site by more than one killer over the years. The toddler was later identified to be Jennifer Shafiq, a four year old girl from Queens, apparently dumped there by abusive parents-- more details here: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/23/nyregion/23girl.html

Two, what really stood out to me was that the description contained in this blurb is EXACTLY what I would expect when the remains of an unidentified child (or anyone, for that matter) are found. Police released information about the child's clothes (including a picture of her t-shirt). Anyone who followed the Camden Hughes case last week knows that they did the same thing with him, released photos of his clothing to the public to aid in identification.

I know the child found on Ocean Parkway was wrapped in a blanket, why haven't police released any information about the blanket to aid in the identification of the remains? Why have we heard next to nothing about this child? IMO, it means they MUST know something that they are just not telling us. Otherwise, it would be incredibly irresponsible of them. JMO

Hi all,

Back to the burlap...
I really thought that the SK was using burlap as an easier disposal method - ya know, the bag won't tear, and if you get caught with a bloody bag - it could be explained as "fish" or "game", something related to his work or hobby...IOW, I thought it was used as camoflage(sp?) for his actions if he got caught with the body...KWIM?

I'm thinking now that this SK wants credit for his work. I think he put them in burlap so he could know where they were and he spaced them evenly apart. If this is the same guy going back to at least 2000, he has left parts of his victims to be discovered (manorville)...and parts "somewhat" hidden...(in bags or suitcases). Never buried.
OR (many thanks to seaslug), you get rid of them in the water... Who would put body parts in a suitcase and not expect them to wash ashore?

on the 1997 victim found in the rubbermaid container at Hempstead lake park.....

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/05/11/two-ocean-parkway-remains-still-await-identification/

I was googling last night...the priest we've discussed before...who resides across the street from Brewer (who also has an apt in Manhattan)....was actually working at the Rockville Centre Diocese at that time in 1997....which is only 1.4 miles from where the victim was found....

interesting eh?

I apologize if this was mentioned before by someone else. Look at this missing person case from last June. The guy lived within walking distance of the CVS. Also, read somewhere that one of JB's rental homes was also in this neighborhood.

Just my gut feeling. This missing person, Michael Taus, is somehow related to our SK case.

Michael Taus Missing West Islip man discussion

Seaslug, you may be right....

From what I can see through Facebook connections there is a link from MT to JB and CPH. JB is friends with a relative of MT's (don't know the exact relation, I'm thinking uncle). This relation runs a clock/watch store... initials RT. RT is linked to two other relatives of MT's (thinking cousins)... and they are linked to the jr CPH. That's what I've found so far... just seeing what puzzle pieces I can find atm... nothing concrete... but definitely worth looking into further.

Also the pitbull thing is bugging me too... a lot of connections to them in this case...

Seaslug, you may be right....

From what I can see through Facebook connections there is a link from MT to JB and CPH. JB is friends with a relative of MT's (don't know the exact relation, I'm thinking uncle). This relation runs a clock/watch store... initials RT. RT is linked to two other relatives of MT's (thinking cousins)... and they are linked to the jr CPH. That's what I've found so far... just seeing what puzzle pieces I can find atm... nothing concrete... but definitely worth looking into further.

Also the pitbull thing is bugging me too... a lot of connections to them in this case...

if you look a the map where Taus resided on Everdell in W Islip and look to the left....there's Higbie....where Brewer and family own property

http://goo.gl/maps/duVz

sorry for quoting myself. It also just occured to me that 911 dispatch would have the ability to contact the State Park Police and/or the State Troopers to have one of their patrols respond to a distress call (since they are assigned to the area and would have been even closer to Oak Beach). Captree state park is a mile away and Robert Moses State park is just over the 3rd bridge. Both of these parks have patrol cars assigned to patrol them.

Wasn't looking to bash SCPD. Definitely not.
Just stating what I think many can agree, that maybe this wouldn't be a case if response was just a tiny bit quicker.

I tried to interest you all in my theory earlier that Remy's Angels is connected to a pit bull fighting club, or gang, with chapters all across the country. They are thinly disguised as respectable kennels, but the dogs for sale have cropped ears and are fighting dogs. I have been doing quite a bit of googling and have found u-tube videos showing them at some sort of rally. The dogs displayed are vicious dogs held on tight leashes. There are females posing with the dogs and on one facebook page there was something about "we got the girls on lock too." I don't know if there is a person named Angel Remy, Remy Angel, or just Remy. Their emblem or logo is uniquely theirs and was found on Jessica Taylor. When she was found there was very little publicity about her and LE dismissed Remy as a person. LE is always very reluctant to admit gang activity in their area and I feel the mutilated bodies were under investigated. They wanted it to all go away. I believe Michael Taus and his pit bull may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time. I don't believe the mutilated bodies are connected to the GB4. This is what LE has been saying and I believe them. As PeterF14 pointed out, the MSM gives us very little information and only with LE's approval. Where are the investigative journalists? For that matter, where are the journalists? I am beginning to think the families and Web Sleuthers are the only people that care about these murders at all. I do believe LE has worked hard to find Shannan but I feel there are influential people on LI that want this to go away.

I don't know the connection between Remy the dog, Remyline Kennels and the Remy's Angel tattoo, but I think there is one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea