2011.05.27 Sidebar Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think the prosecution is strong enough! They dont seem to be connecting the dots for the jury..

During the videos today they never said this is what she was doing when her child was missing... this is how she was looking for her child.... They just dont seem very direct!
JMO
Oh I know!! I felt like: and now, for something completely different.

You are 100 % right - something is not adding up there, no two ways about it, and the
Defense assertion that he already knew Caylee had drowned rings all the more true.

I appreciate your candor - unbiased by reading everything about this case for almost 3 years.

George won't get on the stand and admit to giving his manhood to Cindy, but that is basically the truth. Cindy said "Go to work, George." so he did. Cindy later told him to stop assisting LE, so he did.

ICA's former fiance's father asked George "Why aren't you acting like a detective?" His answer was "Cindy doesn't want me to". Cindy had George around her finger when this mess started rolling downhill, fast.

We can only hope George has found his voice and continues working for Justice For Caylee - regardless of Cindy or ICA.

Does anyone else think there is a plan here by the SA. They put GA back up basically after every other witness. It's almost like they're saying to the jury- we have no fear of putting him on the stand multiple times. But watch- ICA won't take the stand once.

Oh I know!! I felt like: and now, for something completely different.

monty_foot.jpg

was in court again today for trial . 80 people had lined up prior to line even forming in front. many left out. i got in by the seat of my pants- tickets were out and then few left right before 9am. forgot today was considered holiday - thats why. deputy said sat, they expect over 150 !

why would mallory cry and praise casey when casey accused lee of such. she could have said i thought she was great mom but i do not understand why she would accuse lee? she may not want to bring more attention to accusations and thoght if i cry they will forget. what kind of wife will she be who bassically threw lee under bus by not saying i am appalled she accused her brother!! guess she does not want to be on the inlaws bad side!!

All of this back and forth today between Baez and GA was exactly what I was saying yesterday: the SA needs to give him a stern warning that being obstinate and dancing around common sense questions needs to STOP. It makes him appear evasive and sneaky.

B: "When you opened the trunk, was the smell more overpowering?"
GA: "I don't know what you mean sir. I saw garbage in the trunk."
B: "That's not what I aksed you. I asked you when the trunk was opened, was the smell more overpowering?"
GA: "I said I saw garbage in the trunk. I've already answered your question, sir."

Yadda yadda.

If he doesn't watch it, he's going to cook his own goose. He looks argumentitive, stubborn, and like he's trying to play semantics because he has something to hide.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

That's my opinion too- GA needs to bite the bullet and tell nothing but the truth, straight up. That's the only way he will win over JB's ridiculous stories, not by this power struggle all the time... I just watched Bill Sheaffer's assessment and he thinks the Jury will see it very differently, as a young bully attacking a grieving broken grandfather and he said they do not reward bullies, they punish them.... so maybe we see it differently because we know GA has lied, but now that his own skin is at risk wants to come clean but just not with JB - and he can't find a way to do that without making it worse..

I think this bit damaged the State somewhat. I'm sorry, but the man is a former detective and knew the smell of decomp, he also knows that you can't mistake it for any other smell. IIRC, he even told LE that he instantly knew that it was human decomp and had he needed to roll the window down, etc. He never offered up that he believed the source of the decomp smell was the garbage.

If I pretend to be a juror, I'm wanting to know why he didn't call the police, right then and there. And I want an explanation that's plausible.

IMO, George never did anything without checking with CA first. It's too bad for him in this instance that he is indecisive, but it is what it is. I'm sure, in his defense, that he didn't want to believe that it was Caylee, but he would have gotten he77 from home if he had called LE before talking to CA.
To his credit, he was leaning toward Casey knowing what happened early on in the investigation, hence his "secret" trip to talk to LE. Then he drank the kool-aid and went with the CA line of famliy solidarity at all costs.
I am sure he regrets A LOT!

I have no idea how the SA could convey this to the jury. Good luck!

All jmo of course.

Well, here's how I see it. Once he opened that trunk, and found no dead body but just a bag of garbage, I think he decided he must have been wrong. If that had been me, I think I might have just been so relieved that nobody was in that trunk, I might not have thought any further. Maybe try to convince myself that it was just garbage. I mean, George knew what human decomp smelled like, but would he know that rotting meat (for example) wouldn't smell pretty much the same? They didn't open the garbage bag - maybe he just assumed that it had something in it causing the terrible smell.

I don't think I'd necessarily make the leap to "okay, there's no dead body here now, but there must have been one recently so I'll call the police."

It reminds me a bit of a friend of mine whose doctor thought she had a tumor in her uterus. The night before she was scheduled for surgery, another doctor examined her and ran some more tests and said "no, actually you are pregnant." She was so relieved that she didn't have cancer that it was several weeks before she woke up one day and said "Pregnant? Wait! I'm going to have a baby??" The relief that the worst outcome was no longer on the table overshadowed the other part!

Tink
The problem is that George obfuscated when Baez asked him about the smell. If he would have said outright that he smelled the decomp, saw the garbage, and convinced himself that's all it was, then OK. But he was combative in regards to the decomp smell, and dodging and weaving questions. That's the bigger problem. It made him seem shady, like he was trying to hide something, IMO.

I think SA is already laying the foundation that CA called the shots in the family. Something they asked the other day that I forget; and then today how he it was stated that CA was agitated at the Amscot.

Cindy was agigated at the Tow Yard because of the amount of money they had to pay to get the car out of the pound.

Baez's opening Statement he says that George yelled at ICA
"Your mother will never forgive you, and you'll spend the rest of your freakin life in jail"

To me that sounds like some of the universal talk between ICA and LE and the text ICA sent to TL about spending eternity in jail.
To me that does not sound like George talking AT ALL but the Jury hasn't heard GA give interviews

That's my opinion too- GA needs to bite the bullet and tell nothing but the truth, straight up. That's the only way he will win over JB's ridiculous stories, not by this power struggle all the time... I just watched Bill Sheaffer's assessment and he thinks the Jury will see it very differently, as a young bully attacking a grieving broken grandfather and he said they do not reward bullies, they punish them.... so maybe we see it differently because we know GA has lied, but now that his own skin is at risk wants to come clean but just not with JB - and he can't find a way to do that without making it worse..

And, JB will change his approach and story tomorrow. Hence the crazy opening statement. To loose and wild, can change the story to suit the evidence.

Hello WS'ers....haven't been on line or able to watch the trial for 2 days and sure do miss your insights and detailed reports of the case.

How is it looking for the State? Any info much appreciated....will go back to reading just go internet back and TIA!

IMO, George never did anything without checking with CA first. It's too bad for him in this instance that he is indecisive, but it is what it is. I'm sure, in his defense, that he didn't want to believe that it was Caylee, but he would have gotten he77 from home if he had called LE before talking to CA.
To his credit, he was leaning toward Casey knowing what happened early on in the investigation, hence his "secret" trip to talk to LE. Then he drank the kool-aid and went with the CA line of famliy solidarity at all costs.
I am sure he regrets A LOT!

I have no idea how the SA could convey this to the jury. Good luck!

All jmo of course.

Exactly. GA had just started a new job and was sent to work by CA. He could hardly call and ask for a day off, and CA was going to track down ICA and see WTH was going on.. When CA first approached the car she said "Jesus, what died?" and I am sure it did not compute with either of them that something/someone really had died. It wasn't until CA's third 911 call that the light went on in her brain and she knew they had lost Caylee.

You are 100 % right - something is not adding up there, no two ways about it, and the
Defense assertion that he already knew Caylee had drowned rings all the more true.

I think GA was so relieved to not find a body in the trunk. For that minute he assumed the garbage was the source of the odor.

Hello WS'ers....haven't been on line or able to watch the trial for 2 days and sure do miss your insights and detailed reports of the case.

How is it looking for the State? Any info much appreciated....will go back to reading just go iternet back and TIA!

Have a look at the WFTV website, Bill Sheaffer and Kathi Belich do a nightly assessment of the proceedings. Here is today's report :-
http://www.wftv.com/video/28053386/index.html

I think GA was so relieved to not find a body in the trunk. For that minute he assumed the garbage was the source of the odor.

Agree. And get home as fast as he could to decide what to do next or to try and figure out what is going on with Casey and all the lies they were told. My first reaction would be to get home, too. Then make calls and get advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
medievalratattack