Lee wants to sit in courtroom during trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Lee "got it" long before his Parent's. Glad to see they are by all appearances a united front. I wish them well. Believe me i was one of the worst of the Anthony bashers. They are redeeming themselves as only they can do. So glad they are there for Caylee :rose:

I have always thought that Lee knew the truth. The video in TL's car (among other things) showed that he knew very well that Casey was a liar. I believe he has always known the truth.

He may have been following the family line in the past, but I just don't see him choosing to defend Casey any longer. Even in that jail phone call, he didn't like what Casey was putting them through.

It will be interesting to see JB question him. I can't believe he would go along with these ridiculous accusations, especially if George and Cindy aren't. This time, I do hope he follows the "family line"!

What a wonderful thing for him to be able to come forward now that his parents get it, if that is the case. Otherwise he has truly backed away.

This morning I'm remembering the Frye hearings and the way KC was looking at Lee during his testimony. She looked very angry at him and when he left, I felt there was something very negative going on.

I've been looking for a video of that exchange and can't locate it. :sigh:

Does anyone have it saved and can link so we can see what I mean?

If I had a grandchild or niece murdered, I would sit in the trial every single day until justice was served. How could GA, CA and LA not be there? Of course, employers would give time off for this!

CA has been on medical disability. LA has continued to work. I am not sure about GA.

I have been disgusted at the behavior of this family, but in the hearing earlier this spring, LA seemed to tell the truth and help the state's case. When CA took the stand last week, she told the truth and helped the state. However they have behaved, I think we would all agree that they are grieving and are now seeing ICA as she is - at least maybe a little bit. I think LA wants to sit in the courtroom after Friday's testimony by TL about ICA saying LA attempted to molest her.
JMO

I think Lee wants to hear these accusations for himself. During the investigation we heard about JG saying Casey told him Lee molested her. In that instance as well as others Casey and her parents often accused others of being liars. Casey didn't say/do those things. No more stories from Casey where she gets a free pass or excuses. Hopefully the final confrontation. George and Cindy were asked on one of their tv appearances after those jail letters came out and said it was not true. As to why she would say something like that the only thing Cindy said she could think of was to fit in at the jail with other inmates. Not those exact words but meaning.

I think Lee "got it" long before his Parent's. Glad to see they are by all appearances a united front. I wish them well. Believe me i was one of the worst of the Anthony bashers. They are redeeming themselves as only they can do. So glad they are there for Caylee :rose:

IMHO I agree. I also think the A's as a group have an agreement with SA that the DP will come off the table if this goes to penalty phase as long as they testify truthfully (as best they can) in an overall effort to find out what REALLY happened to Caylee. I don't believe the A's really know.

We can't mention it enough....her "maybe I'm a spiteful b*tch" comment to Lee....

ETA: I'm SURE that'll come out in questioning....

This morning I'm remembering the Frye hearings and the way KC was looking at Lee during his testimony. She looked very angry at him and when he left, I felt there was something very negative going on.

I've been looking for a video of that exchange and can't locate it. :sigh:

Does anyone have it saved and can link so we can see what I mean?

This one? :waitasec:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh8c8AKyWTM&feature=related[/ame]

Also...IIRC, wasn't there some sort of "immunity" thing with Lee?? Probably not for the trial since Luka (?) not his lawyer, anymore...IIRC, he said LA had no further need for his services???

Even in that video I posted above, in the very begining of it - Lee himself says he was trying to encourage her to write or talk to someone, anyone.

This too poo-poo's the DT ridiculous claims!

I dont think LA is on ICA side at all. I think he, and perhaps George to an extent played along in the beginning, showing support to ICA so she would give up the truth. In Diane Fannings Book, Mommys Little girl, Lee tells ICA friends on more than one occasion that she is a liar and do not protect her. I think Lee is horrified at his sister and how she treated her daughter and their parents , and the molesting accusations sealed the deal.

Even in that video I posted above, in the very begining of it - Lee himself says he was trying to encourage her to write or talk to someone, anyone.

This too poo-poo's the DT ridiculous claims!

I watched this video, again. Wow, he is JB's best friend. JB fooled him, with the defense they came up with. He visited him. He hung out with him. Saw his maps, etc. The DC question was enlightening. Lee is the overwhelming wildcard to her defense.

I think Lee has the affliction of being the "smartest person in the room" like his sister. JMO. I didn't pay close enough attention to the video the first time I watched it.

That link is for British Columbia (Canada) courts not courts in the US. At this time witnesses in Florida are not prohibited from watching televised accounts of the proceedings.

Just to add, trials are not televised here in BC. So they can control which witnesses are allowed in the courtroom to view the trial.

Just to add, trials are not televised here in BC. So they can control which witnesses are allowed in the courtroom to view the trial.

don't know if that is good or bad. In this case, I am happy to see the proceedings.

IMHO, if Lee unites with Casey now, he mine as well stand up and say "heck yeah I felt her up"

OK...been this mulling this over and just gotta say it. It has been hinted that Lee was tested to see if he was Caylee's father. BUT, ICA was a legal adult when Caylee was conceived, so if per chance he WAS her father, I'm thinking it was just some kinky stuff going on between two twisted pervs who are of age. Could he still be charged with a crime for that?
I'm not saying I think it even happened, but IF.... ??

don't know if that is good or bad. In this case, I am happy to see the proceedings.

Ya, I totally agree. Any member of the public can go watch any trial, so I believe they should be televised.

Amazing mothers don't abdicate total financial responsibility for their child to their parents. Amazing mothers don't then steal from those parents and put an extra financial burden on them. Amazing mothers don't raid their child's piggy bank.

Absolutely QFT!

Some previous statements by Lee, maybe a little paraphrasing on my part but I'll cite the circumstances so you can look for yourselves:

-Statements to KC in her first call home from jail: "You're making it real tough for anyone to want to try to (help you)...I'm not gonna put everybody else through the same thing you've been putting the police and mom through, I'm done with that....Frankly, we're gonna find out, whatever's going on is gonna be found out. .. Eveything you told them was a lie"

-'I went through a lying phase maybe in middle school....KC started lying a little later than that and her lying "phase" lasted longer....My mom has been the provider for Caylee, and KC knows this.'

-To John Morgan: I will take everything that someone tells me and until I can see it for myself...When asked, "Did KC's statements satisfy you?" There's nothing in the world that could satisfy me short of Caylee coming home..."I'm following what KC says, but it does not mean I am not following my own instincts or what other people tell me....in order to find my niece, I am willing to hear anybody's side...When someone (KC) is telling you something and you need to get something out of them, you don't comfront them and tell them they're a liar, that was not my strategy (when KC was out on bond and he was alone with her)..."

-Told Tony Lazzaro what liar KC is

-Told Baez he would lie to KC to get to Caylee

Now, as much as I wished the Anthonys, right out of the gate, would just be blunt and (rightfully) judgemental and point the fingers squarely on KC where they belong, that would not be reality in any family. Off the bat, like Lee, I would have tried to follow what my sibling was saying to figure out what if anything could be telling. I would have become frustrated if I had a million pieces of information and police never gave me a yes or no (it's easier from an objective POV to understand why police did not respond to KC's stories anymore)...I would have kept looking for Caylee until the body was found, and even many here held out hope until December 11. Over time, I would have given up any hope that my sibling was telling the truth, but still tried to piece together ANYTHING that could help me find my niece.
After Caylee was found and a great deal of evidence came out, I would have had no choice but to accept the truth-but that takes time when you are as close as Lee was, it just does.
When John Morgan asked Lee if he thought there was a possibility that KC killed Caylee, Lee's lawyer stepped in. Lee, speaking quietly amidst the back and forth of the attorneys, did not dispute that his sister murdered Caylee. He only said "I am not sure if that's relevant to this"

Yep, Lee has also done whacko things, but to leap to the assumption that Lee will support KC unequivocally, is indeed a leap, IMO.

Also...IIRC, wasn't there some sort of "immunity" thing with Lee?? Probably not for the trial since Luka (?) not his lawyer, anymore...IIRC, he said LA had no further need for his services???

Intermezzo posted on the previous page a link to a NG transcript. Luka IS Lee's attorney now.

Intermezzo, thanks for finding and posting that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48