Lee wants to sit in courtroom during trial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting development. I haven't thought much about Lee until earlier tonight on the WS radio show when rhornsby basically called Lee a wild card. What will he say about the abuse allegations? We don't know since Lee has been very silent for a long time.

This conversation came up when a caller asked about why Tony L. wasn't allowed to testify about KC stating that Lee "felt her up".

bbm
Great show BTW :)

.....and IIRC, Lee mouthed the words, "I love you" to his sister at a hearing and this was after she accused him of molesting her. I hope he has changed his mind by now.

FWIW if I were Lee or CA or GA I would make SURE that Casey knew she was screwing over the people who genuinely loved her, probably exactly in this way. I would still love my daughter (or sister that I had been raised with) no matter what because there are 20+ years of family history there that are hard to shake, but that wouldn't stop me from testifying to the truth if she became a monster.

Also, it's probably more irritating to ICA than it would be if Lee were spitting venom. Imagine the Grinch after stealing all the toys from Whoville if you will.

Some previous statements by Lee, maybe a little paraphrasing on my part but I'll cite the circumstances so you can look for yourselves:

-Statements to KC in her first call home from jail: "You're making it real tough for anyone to want to try to (help you)...I'm not gonna put everybody else through the same thing you've been putting the police and mom through, I'm done with that....Frankly, we're gonna find out, whatever's going on is gonna be found out. .. Eveything you told them was a lie"

-'I went through a lying phase maybe in middle school....KC started lying a little later than that and her lying "phase" lasted longer....My mom has been the provider for Caylee, and KC knows this.'

-To John Morgan: I will take everything that someone tells me and until I can see it for myself...When asked, "Did KC's statements satisfy you?" There's nothing in the world that could satisfy me short of Caylee coming home..."I'm following what KC says, but it does not mean I am not following my own instincts or what other people tell me....in order to find my niece, I am willing to hear anybody's side...When someone (KC) is telling you something and you need to get something out of them, you don't comfront them and tell them they're a liar, that was not my strategy (when KC was out on bond and he was alone with her)..."

-Told Tony Lazzaro what liar KC is

-Told Baez he would lie to KC to get to Caylee

Now, as much as I wished the Anthonys, right out of the gate, would just be blunt and (rightfully) judgemental and point the fingers squarely on KC where they belong, that would not be reality in any family. Off the bat, like Lee, I would have tried to follow what my sibling was saying to figure out what if anything could be telling. I would have become frustrated if I had a million pieces of information and police never gave me a yes or no (it's easier from an objective POV to understand why police did not respond to KC's stories anymore)...I would have kept looking for Caylee until the body was found, and even many here held out hope until December 11. Over time, I would have given up any hope that my sibling was telling the truth, but still tried to piece together ANYTHING that could help me find my niece.
After Caylee was found and a great deal of evidence came out, I would have had no choice but to accept the truth-but that takes time when you are as close as Lee was, it just does.
When John Morgan asked Lee if he thought there was a possibility that KC killed Caylee, Lee's lawyer stepped in. Lee, speaking quietly amidst the back and forth of the attorneys, did not dispute that his sister murdered Caylee. He only said "I am not sure if that's relevant to this"

Yep, Lee has also done whacko things, but to leap to the assumption that Lee will support KC unequivocally, is indeed a leap, IMO.

fantastic recall on your part.

I feel better reading this as I am the quintessential skeptic.

Bumping up...

I haven't read ahead..so I apologize if it's been posted alread

Thomas Luka was on Nancy Grace on May 25, 2011(Missed That, but no mention of filing a Motion)
http://www.edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/25/ng.01.html
snipped

GRACE: To Thomas Luka, a very well-known lawyer in the Orlando area. He is representing Lee in this case -- Lee, who has also been dragged through the mud, tot mom alluding that he molested her.

And let me point out to everybody, DNA tests were run on Caylee, and Lee or George Anthony are not the father. Thomas, is Lee trying to just function under the radar during all this? What do you make so far of both the state and the defense strategy?

THOMAS LUKA, ATTORNEY FOR LEE ANTHONY: Well, I can tell you Mr. Anthony is looking forward to having his day in court and testifying, I believe for both the state and the defense.

As far as the state`s case, they`re going about it in a very methodical way that I would expect. However, I did not expect the -- probably the boldest defense strategy I`ve ever heard before, and I think that`s what we have here. Now, whether they can prove it or not, that`s -- we have to wait and see what happens later on in this trial.

I think, though, probably the most damaging to this family is going to be when Casey herself takes the stand, and is going to have to in detail go through each and every one of these allegations that Jose Baez made yesterday in court.
-----------------------------------

Thomas Luka said in the last line "when Casey takes the Stand"
Nejame has been saying for weeks Casey will take the Stand

In the words of Baez regarding Lee: "Now is the time".

Lee should be able to sit in the courtroom to support his parents and niece to hear the truth about his sister himself since I am guessing he wasn't around her all that much after he moved out and only heard what his mother knew (what Casey wanted her to know) or told him. It's a shame he has missed as much of the trial from the courtroom as he has.

I haven't read ahead..so I apologize if it's been posted alread

Thomas Luka was on Nancy Grace on May 25, 2011(Missed That, but no mention of filing a Motion)
http://www.edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1105/25/ng.01.html
snipped

GRACE: To Thomas Luka, a very well-known lawyer in the Orlando area. He is representing Lee in this case -- Lee, who has also been dragged through the mud, tot mom alluding that he molested her.

And let me point out to everybody, DNA tests were run on Caylee, and Lee or George Anthony are not the father. Thomas, is Lee trying to just function under the radar during all this? What do you make so far of both the state and the defense strategy?

THOMAS LUKA, ATTORNEY FOR LEE ANTHONY: Well, I can tell you Mr. Anthony is looking forward to having his day in court and testifying, I believe for both the state and the defense.

As far as the state`s case, they`re going about it in a very methodical way that I would expect. However, I did not expect the -- probably the boldest defense strategy I`ve ever heard before, and I think that`s what we have here. Now, whether they can prove it or not, that`s -- we have to wait and see what happens later on in this trial.

I think, though, probably the most damaging to this family is going to be when Casey herself takes the stand, and is going to have to in detail go through each and every one of these allegations that Jose Baez made yesterday in court.
-----------------------------------

Thomas Luka said in the last line "when Casey takes the Stand"
Nejame has been saying for weeks Casey will take the Stand

Thanks for posting this. I knew I heard it last week, but couldn't remember where.

I don't think Mallory was supporting ICA by saying that the relationship between her and Caylee was "amazing". I just think she was recalling Caylee's unconditional love, and the bond a child feels towards her mother, and her observations at the time likely were that ICA was a good mom. She's not the first one to say that. But aren't sociopaths fantastic at showing the world what they want us to see? ICA's ability to appear to be a wonderful and loving mom to the outside world, then to do what we know she did, makes her all the more sick and twisted.

I think Lee has united with the family and they will all get on the stand and tell the truth. ICA is toast.

I don't think Mallory was supporting ICA by saying that the relationship between her and Caylee was "amazing". I just think she was recalling Caylee's unconditional love, and the bond a child feels towards her mother, and her observations at the time likely were that ICA was a good mom. She's not the first one to say that. But aren't sociopaths fantastic at showing the world what they want us to see? ICA's ability to appear to be a wonderful and loving mom to the outside world, then to do what we know she did, makes her all the more sick and twisted.

I think Lee has united with the family and they will all get on the stand and tell the truth. ICA is toast.

In my opinion, Casey's role was more like a big sister than a mother but that bond can still be pretty tight. Mallory got upset remembering how much Caylee loved her mom and everyone else in their family. How much Lee loves his sister and George (even though I don't think he likes her attitude or her life choices very much and I can't say that I blame him) loves his daughter and the fact that Casey can just effortlessly rip through destroying them, as well as Cindy in the process hurts.

George and Cindy are lucky that they are gaining a daughter in Mallory and that must burn Casey up! :great:

Agree! And, I am really hoping that when he is on the stand that he unloads and lets her have it with both barrells. I am sure he knows things that even CA and GA don't know. Things about her partying and perhaps lies she has told them to stay out of trouble. All siblings, or at least the vast majority, know things about each other that the parents don't. I bet LA knows some very juicy things about his sissy that I pray he will share with the jury. moo.

I hope he is asked about him telling KC he will keep their secret. And along those line I would like to know what KC meant when she said "don't worry I didn't say anything" ????

I was taken back by Mallorys statement that
ICA was an "amazing"mother. I could see if she said that in her presence ICA was a good mother but to use the word amazing was in my eyes over the top. Knowing ICA used a nanny that didn't exist, and others who did not exist to watch over her child does not equate to being an amazing mother. Infamous comes to mind. I'm not sure Mallory wasn't trying in some way to protect ICA. Not sure what to think of Mallorys testimony.

When was this taken?

This can be construed in another way. It is very difficult I am sure, to support what the general perception is, a murderer that is using you for reasonable doubt. Their circle has been quite small; step out of that circle and the wrath of lawsuits reigns down. Ask the last attorney.

What are Jose and Simms doing sitting with TL? Is that TL's atty.?

I just bet LA called KC a spiteful b at one time... she sure came up with that in a snide enough fashion. It's good to know, imo.

Some previous statements by Lee, maybe a little paraphrasing on my part but I'll cite the circumstances so you can look for yourselves:

-Statements to KC in her first call home from jail: "You're making it real tough for anyone to want to try to (help you)...I'm not gonna put everybody else through the same thing you've been putting the police and mom through, I'm done with that....Frankly, we're gonna find out, whatever's going on is gonna be found out. .. Eveything you told them was a lie"

-'I went through a lying phase maybe in middle school....KC started lying a little later than that and her lying "phase" lasted longer....My mom has been the provider for Caylee, and KC knows this.'

-To John Morgan: I will take everything that someone tells me and until I can see it for myself...When asked, "Did KC's statements satisfy you?" There's nothing in the world that could satisfy me short of Caylee coming home..."I'm following what KC says, but it does not mean I am not following my own instincts or what other people tell me....in order to find my niece, I am willing to hear anybody's side...When someone (KC) is telling you something and you need to get something out of them, you don't comfront them and tell them they're a liar, that was not my strategy (when KC was out on bond and he was alone with her)..."

-Told Tony Lazzaro what liar KC is

-Told Baez he would lie to KC to get to Caylee

Now, as much as I wished the Anthonys, right out of the gate, would just be blunt and (rightfully) judgemental and point the fingers squarely on KC where they belong, that would not be reality in any family. Off the bat, like Lee, I would have tried to follow what my sibling was saying to figure out what if anything could be telling. I would have become frustrated if I had a million pieces of information and police never gave me a yes or no (it's easier from an objective POV to understand why police did not respond to KC's stories anymore)...I would have kept looking for Caylee until the body was found, and even many here held out hope until December 11. Over time, I would have given up any hope that my sibling was telling the truth, but still tried to piece together ANYTHING that could help me find my niece.
After Caylee was found and a great deal of evidence came out, I would have had no choice but to accept the truth-but that takes time when you are as close as Lee was, it just does.
When John Morgan asked Lee if he thought there was a possibility that KC killed Caylee, Lee's lawyer stepped in. Lee, speaking quietly amidst the back and forth of the attorneys, did not dispute that his sister murdered Caylee. He only said "I am not sure if that's relevant to this"

Yep, Lee has also done whacko things, but to leap to the assumption that Lee will support KC unequivocally, is indeed a leap, IMO.

Excellent examples. On the other hand, wasn't he speaking to John Morgan when he said something like, "I believe everything my sister says."

Just trying to catch up on this latest development. Two points:

1. If Lee were still on ICA's side, Would the DT be objecting?

2. Did Lee sit in the courtroom when Mallory testified and if so, why was allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa