The Possible Abuse of Caylee REVISIT

I don't know who took the video but it looks to me like they are playing peek-a-boo with her and hiding under the highchair. Her singing in most of these videos is so cute. I see nothing sinister what so ever...

I have a major disability! I tend to lack the ability to be tactful. So... how do I say this? When taking videos of MY CHILDREN ... I would never umm allow the camera to film the area between the
legs even with clothing over the diaper or panties. I have seen this 3 seperate times, two videos one picture with nothing. Could be innocent every family is different... just wouldn't do it to my child ever.
FWIW MOO

Sorry, I don't find it strange at all, and I fail to see what is inappropriate, since she is wearing clothes, not naked. Many people film their kids in the bathtub, not bothering to conceal their little privates. They're children... babies. What on earth could be wrong with that?? I would assume that the video was never intended for the entire world to see anyway.
I guess that old saying holds true, if you look for something bad long enough, you will eventually find it. If Caylee were still alive and we were watching this, I bet we would all get a laugh out of it and not find anything wrong with it.
But that's just me.

I always thought it was ICA filming, because in the videos I've seen, CA and GA always dialog with her while filming. My thought was that GA was outside and Caylee saw him thru the kitchen window and called his name.

I have a major disability! I tend to lack the ability to be tactful. So... how do I say this? When taking videos of MY CHILDREN ... I would never umm allow the camera to film the area between the
legs even with clothing over the diaper or panties. I have seen this 3 seperate times, two videos one picture with nothing. Could be innocent every family is different... just wouldn't do it to my child ever.
FWIW MOO

You were really tactful. If Caylee were a 16 yo girl, the videographer could be arrested for this video. Seems to me some fool was arrested for taking videos with a camera mounted to his shoe filming the view up womens dresses. Is this that different?

I have always assumed it was a stoned ICA who took that video or maybe one of her lovers du jour. Caylee always seemed very animated around her grandparents in other photos and videos and rather indifferent around ICA. IMO anyway.

The opening post asks me to respond to how I feel. I feel very disturbed by the video. To be honest though, I'm even more disturbed by the thread starters assumptions that it was GA taking it. If it weren't for GA and CA, Caylee would have been double bagged and tossed out like trash moments after birth. She would have starved or been sexually assaulted by some drunk at whoevers crib ICA was crashing at or she would have been sold.
Casey owns nothing. Everything she ever had was provided to her by her family. Just because GA perhaps bought the video camera the same way he bought the duct tape doesn't mean he used the duct tape to kill his Grandaughter or used the video camera to make this disturbing video.
Casey disparaging her father doesn't make it so, rather it makes me believe the opposite so unless there is some proof that GA took this video, the assumptions made here are dangerous IMO.

Must not be a big deal. Surely the video take has a time stamp embedded. In my heart I pray GA can be excluded as the person behind the camera. ICA is a sick person. I wouldn't put it past her to have set him uobal along!

I don't think it was George for a variety of reasons - mainly because ICA is the 'silent filmer' in most home videos I've seen, while GA and CA were way more interactive and would prompt her speaking.

As for the "body shot" - all I saw were a toddler's legs and the camera trying to peekaboo surprise her from under the highchair tray. When that didn't work the camera withdrew but caught a cute head tilt angle from the side and then stuck with that angle for the rest of the video.

I think the only reason it could possibly seem weird is we all know this adorable toddler was murdered and it makes almost everything normal seem portentous somehow, and that GA was accused of molestation so even normal stuff like toddler legs or GA saying "I miss your hugs!" would be filtered through the lens of that accusation.

Incidentally, I have about 100 hours of videos of my own daughter clothed, unclothed, in the tub, running naked through our yard (sunlight on diaper rash), naked opening Christmas presents, etc. because she could not stand the feel of clothes on her skin. Sensory processing issues. I didn't even think about it when she was younger, it was perfectly natural to me, and only now that she's a young adult do I look back at those videos and think: ummm, why did I not stick a loose dress on her for these videos??!? Then I remember that she would have pulled it directly off again.

just throwing in my 2 cents worth.. but to me, during the 'breakfast' video.. whoever was behind the camera was first shooting how Caylee had her little feet crossed so cute under her highchair.. and then it kinda turned into a "peek-a-boo" game.. I dont think there was anything nefarious about that aspect of it.. I do find it odd in the videos we assume to be shot by KC, that there is no interaction, verbal or otherwise.

Sorry, I don't find it strange at all, and I fail to see what is inappropriate, since she is wearing clothes, not naked. Many people film their kids in the bathtub, not bothering to conceal their little privates. They're children... babies. What on earth could be wrong with that?? I would assume that the video was never intended for the entire world to see anyway.
I guess that old saying holds true, if you look for something bad long enough, you will eventually find it. If Caylee were still alive and we were watching this, I bet we would all get a laugh out of it and not find anything wrong with it.
But that's just me.
Exactly! --- but she's gone...
does that make it criminal? No. IT bothers me. I can't explain it.

But that's just me.

When my kids were babes, after their bath and toweling off, they would tear off and run free and naked to be chased down to dry the hair and get in jammies. It was like a game, how far could they get before being scooped up and go through the rest of the routine. I too have pics of my kids in the tub with Mr. Bubbles and the scads of bath toys and they are as precious to me as pics of my grandkids doing the same thing.

I have thought this video was so odd since the first time I saw it so long ago. I just can't imagine standing there with a video camera and not interacting with sweet baby Caylee! Just seems so strange!

ok I will admit it's a booger to try and keep clothes on a toddler at times. I am guilty!! After turning. the Pampers around backwards to keep the diaper. ON!!! I resorted to duct tape.
My neighbors allowed their children to run around

their yards nekked. It made me uneasy. Guess I was raised a lil different.

I see nothing wrong with the video.

If only the picture taker had said "peek a boo"...... then it would seem normal to me.

It's totally KC behind the camera, you'll see others where Caylee also calls her "Keeeee". mo

ok I will admit it's a booger to try and keep clothes on a toddler at times. I am guilty!! After turning. the Pampers around backwards to keep the diaper. ON!!! I resorted to duct tape.
My neighbors allowed their children to run around

their yards nekked. It made me uneasy. Guess I was raised a lil different.

When my daughter was two, fifty years ago today, she played in her baby pool in a pair of panties - and was sometimes joined by the two year old neighbor who lived next door - a boy also clad in undies!

Yes, it's a very strange, eerie video, but I think Casey was behind the camera. So much silence and the poor child has to do her best to figure out what's expected of her, just like in every video Casey made of Caylee. When George or Cindy were behind the camera, they interacted with the baby, their voices are heard loud and clear.

I wouldn't blame George for this one. :no:

I should add it's not just the camera angles I find odd about this video. I find all the videos taken by Casey to be uncomfortable. Poor Caylee always looks haunted in them, like she has no idea what she's supposed to do, or what the photographer is doing. For me, the strangest thing about the videos are the lack of interaction, communication, and joy between the baby and the videographer. Absolutely.

I've watched this video several times and my take on it is that Caylee is trying to say "I kill you" if you listen, you hear Casey say "I Kill" and I'm sure she was repeating what Casey said to her and that's why Casey is taking the video. MOO

I can totally hear, near the end what sounds like JoJo. However, I didn't know Caylee enough (ETA I say enough, because of what we do know of her through videos) to be confident in what she is saying. Also, it doesn't mean it wasn't KC, because GA could have just walked into the room. I think that at first she was recording her feet. I know lots of people who just love, love, love baby feet (myself being one of them). If you ask my daughter, she will tell you that she has the "prettiest feet in town." After recording the feet, I thin that she was playing peek-a-boo too. The thing that holds her into the chair was so big that if GA or anyone else who lived there were trying to get an indecent shot, I doubt they would have tried in that chair.

I take a ridiculous amount of video of my daughter and I almost never say a word from behind the camera. I'm trying to get her doing the cute things she does uninterrupted. The only time I speak is if she does something over the top cute and then I can't help it :) I also set most of her videos to music so no need to narrate.
I don't necessarily think these videos are weird, I think because of the situation and people involved it makes it feel strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back