2011.06.22 TRIAL Day Twenty-five (Morning Session)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A quick Google search does show studies that have been focused on exposure to chloroform in pools. I have no idea about the quantification of that, and I don't know what would happen if pool water was left in a trunk of a car but it is a known issue.

I don't understand how so much chloroform could have gotten into the trunk whichever way. Casey must have really soaked the rag (poor Caylee) or had the bottle tip over in the trunk.

To help shed some light on this in my personal experience the answer is, nothing.

I have an inground pool and do my own maintenance, on several occasions I have bought 50lb buckets of chlorine tablets & shock in quantity at Sams club and left them sitting in the trunk waiting for my dh to unload them for me over night or longer, in both my van and his sedan, and I can hardly smell them, I have taken pool water samples to Pinch a Penny for testing and left them sitting in the car because I forgot and they never did they smell.
I have visited friends homes to go for a swim with my son and forgot to unload the towels and swimsuits from the trunk and they only smelled moldy from the water, no chlorine smell.

It's my understanding that the A's did not use pool chlorine, they used an organic system, so the DT is barking up the wrong tree, I think that JA needs to point this out on his cross.

Too late JB it is already int he jurors minds that chloroform even is small amounts were ont he doll.

EEk, I don't like it that J4 only takes notes during defense.

However, this aside, I feel like often when someone says that they don't want to judge, it's because they want to be heard or they want their voice to be valid.

Perhaps, under the circumstances, she did want to get out of jury duty. I'm hoping that the above is true.

This Juror may not understand the defense because JB hops all over the place
JA is not hard to understand he asks a q and gets an ans... cut and dried,
JMO

Dr. Rickenbach - Forensic Chemist FBI
JB: july 6, 2009 report - what were items given to test
Dr.R: Bottle with liquid, syringe with liquid,
JA: Object - not in evidence
JB: they are with OCSO
HJBP: if not in evidence objection sustained - may approach

(BillS on wftv: don't know where they are going )

JB: dec 11, 2008 report - receive items from LE
Dr.R: 1 car seat & steering wheel cover
JB: from sunfire
Dr.R: asked to test for chloroform - not on either items
JB:why test steering wheel cover
Dr.R: idk we perform test
JB:chloroform on someones hands transferred?
- child car seat no chloroform - July 6, 2009 given other items to test? - were you given doll to ck for chloroform
Dr.R: no chloroform
JA: doll - early indication for chloroform?
Dr.R: yes small amounts - not enough to render decision
JB: Sidebar

Did we expect chloroform on the steering wheel ?.

So the defense has proven Caylee didn't drive the car while chloroformed?

CAYLEE_CASEY_ANTHONY_083110_71_1.jpg

Mama doll also tested. :(

I am torn with this one - I had almost hoped it would have chloroform but it is not surprising ICA denied Caylee her favorite doll while she killed her. :furious::furious::furious:

Have heard and read the same..... she makes me really uneasy.

I can tell you my take on Juror #4 - she knows ICA is guilty and only takes notes from the DT in case there is a small chance they may present something that is significant. :great: :floorlaugh: :great:

She probably let her hold the doll while she was in the trunk :-(. OMG, I have a 3 year old... just typing that made me cry.

If ICA goes to Lowell will she be in general population? Or will she be ‘special’ forever?

Exactly. Was there chloroform on the car tires? Does the jury think Casey would have poured gallons of chloroform all over everything?

What about the rearview mirror, eh? Check that? What about the glove box...the spark plugs...the battery? No chloroform? AHA!!!!! :floorlaugh:

Cindy would never let Caylee have the doll w/o the clothes.

When JB asks, witness says no chloroform on doll.

When JA asks, witness says small amount of chloroform on doll.

Baez, didn't your mama teach you that questioning witnesses unprepared is like opening a box of chocolates? You never know what you're gonna get. Sometimes you get a cherry - sometimes you get a nut.

ICA repeatedly leaning over to talk to DS, she does not appear to be very happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilgrlbghrt