TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I was shocked.

Yep, scary.

You can also specify which mail you want a COA for, and for what period of time, or if it's a permanent COA. So, let's say I live with three other people at the same address. I can change my mailing address for myself, or someone else in my household- or for everyone in the household all at once. Or for specific mail. All it takes is one forwarded piece of sensitive mail to another address to open up the door to fraud.

Incidentally, you can also change the registration on vehicles this same way if you have multiple residences. Pay your taxes in a county where you have a home registered in your name, and you can set it as temporary or permanent. Won't conflict with your license (wherever your license might list as residence) and your only obligation is to pay the vehicle taxes in that county to keep your tags up to date.
This is also true for boats and trailers.

More food for thought.

You guys are right about the incident reports-SMPD is unlikely to let them be released if there is anything material to the investigation. I am still 50/50 on the COA info. Yes anyone could have done it-but perhaps Gail was trying to position herself for the near future.

I dont believe she is voluntary missing. I dont know what happened to her, but I dont think I believe she left on her own accord. So it comes down to cell phone pings, phone records, maybe computer records, financial transactions...at this point LE has to have a pretty good idea of what happened. Finding Gail and proving it, I pray that both happens.

I wonder if MP received any kind of a severance when he was canned? Sometimes they will give you a few months to make you go away....I am doubtful, but it might answer what they are all living on and how he paid a retainer to his atty. It must have been a huge retainer...jmo.

I wonder if MP received any kind of a severance when he was canned? Sometimes they will give you a few months to make you go away....I am doubtful, but it might answer what they are all living on and how he paid a retainer to his atty. It must have been a huge retainer...jmo.

Is the Signal Mnt home mortgaged?

Many people will take out a 2nd or 3rd morgage for a source of immediate income. Although I would imagine that would be hard to acquire post Gail's disappearance and Matt losing his job. :waitasec:

Perhaps some of the money withdrawn by Matt, as well as the $20,000 X (?) was not spent, but put in a separate account?

Perhaps family or friends in higher places are assisting?

Or perhaps he didn't need to actually put up much money to retain? I'd like one of our legal eagles to weigh in as to whether or not this is commonplace, and frequently not released under attorney/client privacy laws? I mean, we really have no idea how much his attorney is charging him, correct?

You guys are right about the incident reports-SMPD is unlikely to let them be released if there is anything material to the investigation. I am still 50/50 on the COA info. Yes anyone could have done it-but perhaps Gail was trying to position herself for the near future.

I dont believe she is voluntary missing. I dont know what happened to her, but I dont think I believe she left on her own accord. So it comes down to cell phone pings, phone records, maybe computer records, financial transactions...at this point LE has to have a pretty good idea of what happened. Finding Gail and proving it, I pray that both happens.

BBM:
That was why I was interested in what and who the COA was for. Was it Gail and the children? The entire family? Just Gail? Just mail from specific sources?

Fwiw- I don't think she is voluntarily missing either. And I'm sure LE is all over records, transactions, and the like; especially with the addition of BCBS citing misappropriate use of company equipment etc as cause for firing Matt.

I'd not want to be working this case.

Wowzer. Missed the beginning & gonna have to listen to that after they upload it & the Casey Anthony trial is over for today, but... wowzer.

Thanks for letting us know about the show, Sleuthy.

Wowzer indeed. Shocked.... and may I say I'm am not happy about this info...at all. They had some of the info wrong....but still. Unbelievable.

ETA: Gail had the only key to the boat with her in AD's computer bag when she left and Matt has taken the kids boating in AL several times since. So either GP brought the computer and bag into the house and MP retrieved it, or Matt saw Gail that Saturday. I'll need to go back, but pretty sure Arlene has not rec'd her computer back, so not sure if Matt has denied any knowledge of it, etc.

Yes, the incident reports should be [at the SMPD]. Anything regarding separation/divorce/custody/ would be at the courthouse I would think?

Yes, that is true. But do I remember correctly that JBean had seen the court filings and thought it inappropriate to share their specific content, beyond what was reported in the media? Perhaps respecting a request from the family?

well I just listened to that interview.

Arlene said that the GPS was passive and that the info had to be retrieved manually. All the data was safely stored on the car as to Matt's whereabouts for the first days after Gail went missing and then some.
Matt did not know the GPS was there.

So, my first question is, how did Matt come to know the GPS was there so he could remove it?It could still be there carefully storing data that could be invaluable in ruling him in or ruling him out. But somehow someone came to tell him the device was there.

If the boat key was a valuable tool in ruling Matt in or out, it is certainly useless now that it is public information.

Sorry but I am really peeved right now. because if Matt is responsible, any information is slowly getting reduced to worthless.

if I am misunderstanding something please just let me know and I will amend or delete my post and apologize. I am seeing red and might be missing something.

Arlene said that the GPS was passive and that the info had to be retrieved manually. All the data was safely stored on the car as to Matt's whereabouts for the first days after Gail went missing and then some.

So, my first question is, how did Matt come to know the GPS was there so he could remove it?It could still be there carefully storing data that could be invaluable in ruling him in or ruling him out. But somehow someone came to tell him the device was there.

If the boat key was a valuable tool in ruling Matt in or out, it is certainly useless now that it is public information.

Sorry but I am really peeved right now. because if Matt is responsible, any information is slowly getting reduced to worthless.

if I am misunderstanding something please just let me know and I will amend or delete my post and apologize. I am seeing red and might be missing something.

IDK what's going on JBean, but AD is the only one who knew about the key in the computer bag, and although AD tried to give all this info to LE, they didn't want it. We don't know what info she gave them and what she may have walked away with still of her knowledge...only.

I think she said the tracker would only last 2 weeks and then had to be reset. IIRC, the last time it was attached was 4/28...per AD.

MP has filed a suit against BCBS now too. There was also talk of the PI finding out MP met with a man---who according to GP was suppose to be a business associate---but wasn't. PI said MP visited the ATM before meeting him. Maybe nothing.....but still.

JBean, To answer your first question,

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203035.asp

perhaps the article quoting Arlene (from June 9th) could have tipped him off to the GPS...?

ETA: So, I would think the GPS is not "still there"....

Seems like 2009 was an eventful and stressful year for GP . Her brother passed, moving MP's parents up to TN, and also losing her job and moving herself. Does anyone know how close she was to the brother who passed?

IDK what's going on JBean, but AD is the only one who knew about the key in the computer bag, and although AD tried to give all this info to LE, they didn't want it. We don't know what info she gave them and what she may have walked away with still of her knowledge...only.

I think she said the tracker would only last 2 weeks and then had to be reset. IIRC, the last time it was attached was 4/28...per AD.

MP has filed a suit against BCBS now too. There was also talk of the PI finding out MP met with a man---who according to GP was suppose to be a business associate---but wasn't. PI said MP visited the ATM before meeting him. Maybe nothing.....but still.

bolded by me.

I'm sorry I missed the broadcast! Nuts! Will it be in an archive so people who missed it can listen to it?

I wonder what MP's lawsuit against BCBS is for? Talk about arrogant-- more arrogance coming from this guy!

That is interesting about MP visiting the ATM before meeting up with the so-called business associate. Hmmmmm......

the GPS was removed, so what I am saying is that it could just still be there for use later if it had not been revealed to Matt.

bolded by me.

I'm sorry I missed the broadcast! Nuts! Will it be in an archives so people who missed it can listen to it?

I wonder what MP's lawsuit against BCBS is for? Talk about arrogant-- more arrogance coming from this guy!

That is interesting about MP visiting the ATM before meeting up with the so-called business associate. Hmmmmm......

It's archived now....here ya go:

http://herewomentalkradio.com/home/archives_shows/89

Gail had the only key to the boat with her in AD's computer bag when she left and Matt has taken the kids boating in AL several times since. So either GP brought the computer and bag into the house and MP retrieved it, or Matt saw Gail that Saturday. I'll need to go back, but pretty sure Arlene has not rec'd her computer back, so not sure if Matt has denied any knowledge of it, etc.

The key could have been duplicated at any point Matt had access to it, so it would be available for his use at any time afterward. The key could have been duplicated weeks or months prior.

SusanM is a member here and she is certainly a friend to the forum and well respected. She knows TRicia and I think they have done a project or 2 together. She did some posting in our intimate partner homcide investigation forum. You can certainly link to her.

JBean, is it possible to find out from SMM herself why she is prompting Arlene to release so much sensitive information to the public?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500