2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to her testimony again, Cindy says; "After the email (some email she claims being sent by a coworker about hand sanitizer and little ones ingesting it as far as it's alcohol content) and because Caylee was small I looked up things we had in the home. I looked up alcohol, acetone, peroxide. We used to paint Caylee's nails she was exposed to acetone..."

You heard it from Cindy, they had the ingredients to make chloroform in the home.

It would be unusual to find a home in America that did not have those things.

The state took a big hit today, not just from Cindy's testimony, but because it' is apparent that they either misunderstood the computer reports or they misrepresented them to the jury. "How to make chloroform" was not searched 84 times, it was searched once, on the 84th day of the year. That looks real bad for the DA. It could make the jury wonder what else they've misrepresented.

This makes no sense. Why would Cindy have to google alcohol, acetone, etc. Couldn't she just look at the labels? Did she look up 'is acetone harmful to children' or just 'acetone' ?

I knew something like this would happen. I don't think she's being honest.
The details are what gave her away...you can remember something so very clearly...take note of a "neck breaking" video...but you don't notice your daughter is pregnant (pre-medication)?

I'm in a bad mood from being jacked around-- that woman will get no more sympathy from me, she's as big a liar as her daughter. I hope they throw the book at her.
Quiche, I am so with you. I have not said much about her because I think she zeroed in on this back on July 15, but now, I don't know, I hope we don't hear any weird lies come into play.

for justice. I tell myself the jurors aren't stupid-they've met liars, they know how Casey lies. Will it be that hard to figure out how badly Cindy is lying? I thought the performance, as for everything to do with the defense, was too over the top, went too far..yes, I searched for that and that and that and even though it says I was at work I wasn't because of all those special March holidays....and the whole dog, chlorophyl..blah...blah..too much information was a clear giveaway of someone not being too honest..

:abduction: :shocked2:

Watching the replays of JB questioning CA. Seems rehearsed to me. Did anyone else notice that? JB can't hide bad acting abilities very well.

I agree, it was an upsetting day if you stand on the side of truth and justice.

After having some time to calm down I think Cindy really hurt Casey's case. I think the jury has already seen through her and rebuttal will do nothing other than prove she was lying. I want to see co-workers say they were told to lie on their time cards. I want to see her supervisor admit she fills out time cards without knowing how many hours an employee actually worked (thus falsifying). Just like her daughter she didn't think this through and the DT isn't smart enough to realize how damaging this will be to their case. A mother lying for her daughter only goes toward guilt not innocence in most people's minds.

As a nurse, you would think she knows this already. Just sayin.

I know but, she didn't even know her 7 months pregnant daughter was pregnant.
I think I would like to look at her testimony from when she was talking about the 911 calls and then look at what she said today. She sounded more shaky today then she did before.

You gotta think the state has known this was going to happen. I highly doubt they expected CA and GA to stick on their side.

I'm really deflated after today though... help me... I feel like I almost need to stop watching this as to avoid getting my heart broken.

When the testimony gets really unnerving I turn it off and just read the trial thread. You get everything in real time and it's less painful.

During Cindy's first time on the stand didn't she say getting off early on Mondays was impossible for her at work. In fact she said sometimes she had to stay late. March 17,2008 was a Monday.

Hey, nice catch, yes she did say that - also that it wasn't a good day for her to babysit as she tended to get home late.

Swore I wouldn't watch, but I lied! HLN, for the most part, not buying it. Blonde lady said her heart was broken and she feels foolish!!
Blonde not Beth K

This makes no sense. Why would Cindy have to google alcohol, acetone, etc. Couldn't she just look at the labels? Did she look up 'is acetone harmful to children' or just 'acetone' ?

I knew something like this would happen. I don't think she's being honest.

someone had posted in the trial thread that perhaps her dogs were being poisoned

I about had heart failure 'cause I hadn't thought of that before

I also think Caylee was being poisoned although many disagree

There is NO WAY ICA is walking...She will do time, so I would'nt worry about CA. I will say, she will not get the DP but she will do a lot of time.

During Cindy's first time on the stand didn't she say getting off early on Mondays was impossible for her at work. In fact she said sometimes she had to stay late. March 17,2008 was a Monday.
But it was a holiday week...or was it just Casey's birthday week...lol.

I can't wait fo r dh to get home so I can yell about todays events.....lol
if my mother keeps hitting JB with her flyswatter, we'll have to get a new tv.

Quick - get a Nerf flyswatter! Actually I doubt they make those....encase the swatter in bubble wrap? sorry trying for a solution you can both live with!

The state took a big hit today, not just from Cindy's testimony, but because it' is apparent that they either misunderstood the computer reports or they misrepresented them to the jury. "How to make chloroform" was not searched 84 times, it was searched once, on the 84th day of the year. That looks real bad for the DA. It could make the jury wonder what else they've misrepresented.

And you got this information where???

bbm, I agree.

Who searches for these things within 20 seconds of each other?

Off their dear departed granddaughter I would speculate.

PS-Cindy looked perfectly fine to me today...smugness and all.

I'm sick that I posted that Cindy looked good today...I guess what they say about beauty being only skin deep is true. :banghead:

When CA was vomiting out her 'mis-truths' on the stand, didn't it seem like she was channeling KC? So quick on their feet, these Anthony females...one lie leads so smoooooothly into another and another. :banghead:

Apple<------->Tree

I thought so too - apparently Ms. Cindy didn't refer to her notes before taking the stand today.

As sickening as it was to hear what she testified - I have no doubt the state is going to obliterate her on rebuttal. She is helping the defense create reasonable doubt.

I'm just worried about what George is going to say when he's up. Something tells me the DT may not bring up any abuse allegations with George because then the SA will be all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname