2011.06.23 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-six)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but she couldn't recall if she ever looked up "How to Make Chloroform".

True. Well as long as the jurors get that CA didn't have a myspace account back in March then it was most likely that she was not the one looking up both myspace and anything to do with chloroform within a short amount of time at that time. Maybe this will be confusing for people who don't know anything about computers though.

It would be unusual to find a home in America that did not have those things.

The state took a big hit today, not just from Cindy's testimony, but because it' is apparent that they either misunderstood the computer reports or they misrepresented them to the jury. "How to make chloroform" was not searched 84 times, it was searched once, on the 84th day of the year. That looks real bad for the DA. It could make the jury wonder what else they've misrepresented.

Nah, I don't think for one second the computer experts stuffed up those reports or their analysis. If John Bradly said it was 84 times that page was looked at I would take that to the bank. No doubt he will be back on the stand to clarify.

After having some time to calm down I think Cindy really hurt Casey's case. I think the jury has already seen through her and rebuttal will do nothing other than prove she was lying. I want to see co-workers say they were told to lie on their time cards. I want to see her supervisor admit she fills out time cards without knowing how many hours an employee actually worked (thus falsifying). Just like her daughter she didn't think this through and the DT isn't smart enough to realize how damaging this will be to their case. A mother lying for her daughter only goes toward guilt not innocence in most people's minds.

From your fingers to your Gods ears, I totally agree with you, lets hope the jury does.

Now, I wonder what CA will testify in court about the pool ladder? I also want to mention why does she not use the laptop instead of the desktop? From what I understood LE took the laptop and desktop. I'll bet that she used the laptop and never used the desktop.

Cannot stand CM, about as well as JB

Go Prosecution - they are kicking butt.

Swore I wouldn't watch, but I lied! HLN, for the most part, not buying it. Blonde lady said her heart was broken and she feels foolish!!
Blonde not Beth K

Casey Jordan?

The state took a big hit today, not just from Cindy's testimony, but because it' is apparent that they either misunderstood the computer reports or they misrepresented them to the jury. "How to make chloroform" was not searched 84 times, it was searched once, on the 84th day of the year. That looks real bad for the DA. It could make the jury wonder what else they've misrepresented.
Where are you getting those numbers from...I just counted and that's not what I got. (77 and 81)

How much do you think CA is regretting giving her current cell phone number in court now??
Bet that line is red hot this evening! I can think of a few things I'd like to say right now to get my blood pressure down a bit.

We're here for you Caylee X

bbm, I agree.

Who searches for these things within 20 seconds of each other?

I thought it said the actual website was visited that many times. They named the website but I don't remember it now. It contained the word 'chloroform' though.

Maybe I'm wrong, but didn't the computer guy also say it was searched multiple times?

I am really starting to doubt that Casey will take the stand. Why would she when she has folks like her mother saying she was the person who searched chloroform and that they bought the car with the trunk stain? She is all but testifying for her. I have a feeling the whole family is about to do the same thing. :(

I know but, she didn't even know her 7 months pregnant daughter was pregnant.
I think I would like to look at her testimony from when she was talking about the 911 calls and then look at what she said today. She sounded more shaky today then she did before.

She has such blinders on when it comes to Casey. Instead of believing her own eyes and training as a nurse, she chose to believe her daughter's words. I think she overlooked Casey's actions time and time again and chose to only believe her words.

And that's what pathological liars count on. Just believe what I say but pay no attention to what I'm doing.

She said it had something to do with a project she was running on a drug "coumadin". That they had meetings on Mondays to go over the data for the patients involved. Seems like that project should be on file somewhere....

And, as a nurse, she would understand how stoopid it sounds that she looked up chlorophyll cause her dogs ate leaves. GMAFB.

True...if you thought your dog ate leaves, wouldn't you look up that particular plant, tree, or bush?...not something that ALL leaves contain?

I admire your country's openness and willingness to allow its citizens to see justice at work, it isn't perfect, its sometimes frustrating but, unlike my country CANADA, whose system is conducted behind closed doors, and the general population not encouraged to worry their little heads over. Its wonderfully refreshing, and Florida especially is enlightening because of its sunshine laws. All people have the right to see justice being served. U.S.A's openness as applied to the law, should be adopted in every country.

I'm in Canada and the general public is allowed into every courtroom. The difference is we don't have access to all the evidence prior to trial and most trials aren't televised and there are often media bans on salacious details but trials are open to the public so we can indeed see justice at work.

Any Futurama fans?

CM has me thinking of the Hyper-Chicken, he's a lawyer character on Futurama. He's like Foghorn Leghorn, but actually a lawyer.

Here's a clip (you can jump ahead to the 30 second mark for the court scene.)

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?title=chicken-court&videoId=162698

Here's his Wiki-style info page:
http://theinfosphere.org/Hyper-Chicken
--------------------
Ha! You're right. I said Foghorn Leghorn, but that character has some endearing qualities. Hyper-Chicken is more like it. In fact, dead on.

Hey, nice catch, yes she did say that - also that it wasn't a good day for her to babysit as she tended to get home late.

Yes, she did. Will the SA remember that? If not, I hope they read here.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the dogs were victims to Casey and chloroform as well.

The vomiting and lethargy are symptoms of chloroform exposure but I suspect Casey already knew that before Cindy testified today.

justice for caylee is just the tip of the iceberg here. lady justice needs to take a stand and send a loud message to anyone who harms a child.
WE WILL GET YOU!!! HANDS OFF!!! DON'T TOUCH!!! OUR MOST PRECIOUS CARGO, OUR CHILDREN.
(bb wipes her tears away and gets down off her soapbox)

And, as a nurse, she would understand how stoopid it sounds that she looked up chlorophyll cause her dogs ate leaves. GMAFB.

Lol, I know. Some of the jurors have dogs, dogs eat grass, leaves, flowers, you name it. They may throw up after eating grass it is not poisonous to them. She would more likely look up plants that are poisonous to dogs, as any pet owner has or will do.

Good grief, they probably even gave their dogs greenies.

Ingredients in greenies:

Formulated With:

Processed wheat product base with 52% protein - twice what is present in most dog foods Chlorophyll Ingredients to reduce tartar buildup on teeth and enhance healthy gums Ingredients to freshen breath, control oral bacteria and reduce "doggie" odors Ingredients to supplement your dog's diet with nutritious protein. Palatability enhancer for your dog's "taste buds" and enjoyment.

http://www.littleblessingsalpacas.com/solidgold/greenies/greenies.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member