TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
There was some discussion in the other threads about what meds gail was on. The reason I have asked that it be kept off forum is because the filing says they are meds she has prescriptions for. Since having presciptions for a med does not mean she is taking it, I felt it would be best to not leave it open for discussion here,because we don't know what she was on.
For example, the list did include a few different anti-depressants. That does not mean she is taking them all. More likely it means they were trying to find the right one and when one doesn't work, another was prescribed. That is pretty standard.

More importantly,she was not prescribed any kind of anti-psychotic or mood stabilizing type medication.Those types of meds would be typical in the onset of any kind of delusional or manic type behavior. If she was in fact under care for this delusional and paranoid behavior, the psychiatrist certainly didn't prescribe anything to counter it.

Just to clarify JBean, are you saying she was infact under the care of a mental heath doc or just a regular MD prescribed the anti-depressants? TIA

I have been searching and apart from Arlene who else has been talking this case up to anyone. I am just wondering how much interest would be shown in this if she hadn't spoken. Love, hate or be on the fence about what she is saying and doing you have to say this much, there hasn't been too many others trying to keep the spot light on the "Where is Gail" story.

Just seems to me every time Arlene speaks out we see it on websites, either to criticize her or support her words, the MSM often have taken up the story of what she was saying. Good or bad at least Gail’s name goes out there again to make people think.

Look how quiet the thread went, Arlene did that interview and we have had how many postings in 24 hours. Just makes me wonder if she is really a loose cannon or a smart lady who is being guided by people who know more than we do.

Just a few thoughts I had while going back over the threads.

I must comment I was a little disturbed at SMM's not being up to par on the background of GP's case before her rant, and some of the info, like who MP's PI worked for was in err and throws the whole scenario into a totally different perspective. He was part of the CPD, not SM....and IS the investigator involved with H & D's law firm. IMO. BUT, that being said, how much of this "info" would AD be releasing if LE had acknowledge it in the first place? Really. Why is no one upset that LE supposedly waved her and the info off? IDK, but hopefully, when the county detective went to AL to talk to her, he listened and took it all down.
I do believe that much of what she knows is essential and acknowledge that she was helping GP, and it seems the only person close by GP could "land softly" with any of her thoughts, speculation, fears, etc. Maybe AD was the only she knew well who had gone thru a divorce or issues with a husband who had a substance abuse problem?

I don't know that any of the info she has given has hurt the investigation. I certainly hope not and hope she is being careful in her words....for Gail's sake. EX: the gps system. This would have been one of the first things his PI would have looked for and confiscated. IMO.

ETA: Sorry the string of posts, but all caught up now!

This was my first time listening to SMM and I have to say that I was not impressed. From comments here and other places, I expected a very professional, well done program. The first complaint I have was the foul language! I don't speak like that and certainly don't expect it from something like that. It downgraded my opinion of anything that was said.Next, they got facts wrong and repeatedly called AD Gail. I can not believe that a former police officer would comment and question the LE with as little info as he appeared to have.

I will step out on a limb here and say that I am not AD's biggest fan. She's talking too much, and some of the things she says, I just don't know that I believe. I do think she is trying to help, so for what it's worth, I commend her dedication. I felt sorry for her. It felt like they were pumping her and exciting her and doing it all to further their book, company, ratings. I may have been the only one who thought so, but that was how I felt after listening.It seems to me that Gail is a quiet, soft spoken person, who has a few very close friends. She went to great lengths to plan out things, and seemed to be gathering and collected the info and items she would need for the divorce. it is my opinion that she gave whatever copies of paperwork, etc. To people, as a backup. If a friend of mine sent me a package of papers like that, I don't think I would have even opened it. Just put it in a safe spot to hold. Not only have we now been informed what the papers were about, but all sorts of other tidbits. I'm not sure what I am even trying to say, but somehow this part of it all seems wrong to me. Several have said how they would want a best friend like that, but personally, I don't think I would. Some discretion is warranted when working with information as potentially important as this.

anyway, that's just how I came away feeling. I really was unimpressed with this program for multiple reasons.

[bbm]

Confused, I seldom agree with your posts, but I think this one is 100% on target.

For me, the broadcast of the show brought credibility down a notch regarding each person who was included in it, most of all for Susan Murphy Milano. I keep reading comments of how smart she is, but I think she has lousy judgment, self-control, or both, and that's a problem for me. My momma taught me that kind of talk was used by people who didn't know any other way to express themselves...that they had under-developed vocabularies... and I've always thought she was right. I can bet a lot of people in our conservative community see it that way too. SMM isn't winning fans on Signal with her ugly talk.

As I listened to the broadcast a second time, I became more aware of just how little Arlene talked during this hour. The hour was primarily a conversation between "Susan" and "Bob," one of the experts who was there as a guest. I sort of wondered why Arlene was there in the first place. Susan has all the information and doesn't really need Arlene's physical presence at this time. Susan can paraphrase just fine, and she did it often during the show. I think Arlene is being exploited to a point, and it makes me angry:

18 minutes into broadcast, after discussion regarding computer use issues:

SMM: Are you saying that Matt used devices to track her?
A: Yes
SMM: Do you know what kind of devices he used? Sypware; what kind of technology?
A: I think it’s called gmail or something….
[and then goes on to explain that all of Gail's computer activity was being forwarded to Matt.]

Arlene genuinely wants to help in any way she can, and she is going through a trememdous amount of pain, dealing with it in her own way. Shame on Susan Murphy Milano!

I had wondered if she could have taken a substantinal amount before she left, but from what Clive B states in the media, she didn't have any with her. I know he is contact with SMPD, but not sure to say this is where he got this info. IF true, then her being out there surviving on the streets per se are unlikely....unless, as mentioned, she had some help from someone we have no knowledge of . http://mapq.st/iMoifn

I am just wondering whether SMPD would actually share info with the Clive. I know that he is asking anyone with any info to share it with him, which he in turn shares with LE and media apparently, but of course all the info he receives through his networking could be all speculation.

I am inclined to think that someone as intelligent, resourceful and well moneyed as Gail would have a number of options to fund herself. We don't know how many accounts and types of accounts or credit cards she had. We don't know if she had a spare license or another out of state license. People frequently do. I have at one time or another had a spare or another state license, for no other reason than finding the lost one, or moving and not wanting to ditch the old one.

I don't know that LE would share with the public whether there has been activity on any accounts. I just think there is stuff going on that no one will be privy to until LE makes a move or finds enough to name a person of interest or suspect or what have you.

I found a bunch more tweets from reporters and news stations about Gail this morning.

The picture in this tweet looks like Gail's Jeep:

newsken Ken Nicholson
Close but no cigar. #missingmom #GailPalmgren http://lockerz.com/s/111583492
June 17, 2011

I couldn't grab the pic directly from lockerz, so here is a screencap of it:

First I thought it might be the Jeep they used at that gathering where they had an example Jeep, but I found a picture of that one, and it didn't have the Life is Good cover on the back:

calliestarnes Callie Starnes
Car identical to Gail's at Walmart so volunteers know what to look for. #missingmom http://twitpic.com/4yihg6
http://twitpic.com/4yihg6
May 16, 2011

There are some differences, but I remember where Arlene said she checked with dealers and there was only one that color in a 200 mile radius.

I don't know how to determine which model, year, etc, a vehicle is, so I'm posting for those of you who are more knowledgeable about that stuff to see if we can rule this Jeep out for sure.

TIA

Wonder where that Jeep was located? Certainly in a quisitive parking place, imo. Looks to be a special or reserved spot....even a car dealership?

Thanks for not judging...I will tell all of you like I told Jbean the other day, if it is proven that Matt is involved I hope they bury him under the jail, and I will gladly drop the first shovel of dirt on him! (Then whack him with the shovel). BUT I can not believe in my heart that he is capable of such.

Believe me, confused, for as many times as MP has been a guest in my home, I don't want to believe he could be capable of anything to do with GP's disappearance. But, I didn't think the affair and issues at work would have happened either. So I really don't know what to think.

As for GP, I still hope that you are correct and that she is in hiding somewhere. It's just getting hard to hold on to that hope 8 weeks in.

What's the possibility that she is getting help from someone? Someone who has been mentioned and we would never in a million consider, or someone no body even knows about?

Could she have gone over that mental edge and be hiding out, being careful that no one sees her? I would think if that were the case, and she became aware of the search for her, it could make matters worse. If you are paranoid and think you are being followed, then realize the whole nation is looking for you?????

Please know that I am not trying to belittle Gail by anything that I am saying. I really am hoping that this new approach will help bring her home. I have wondered from the first if the LE and everyone else was trying to find the evidence to arrest Matt, because that is the norm, and missing something else.

Jbean, I appreciate that you are trying this. The way I see it, it can't hurt, but it could help!

Believe me, all of us who have known her since childhood have been beating the bushes trying to think of someone she could be hiding with, but haven't been able to come up with that one person. Unless of course, that one person would of course not tell us either . . .

I speculate the reasoning for all these discussions is to keep Gail's name out there. IMHO, Signal Mountain doesn't need this negative PR of husbands, mistresses, and disappearing mother's. They want to continue to draw a professional base, offering the finest schools (comparing them to private schools) and nothing bad happens here. Basically, most of that is correct. GP and MP's story does not fit into the norm, many locals express their concerns (but do not want to get involved);

"Neighbors in this upscale subdivision have been intrigued and perplexed by Gail Palmgren's disappearance. All of them declined formal interviews, but one described her as an "articulate, polished, soft-spoken" woman."​
from http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1002374-home-search.html

I think these are relevant observations, for sure. Note especially the description someone gave of Gail. SOME of the tactics being used by those trying to find her are the complete opposite of that image.

And, although people up here typically try not to air their dirty laundry, I don't think anybody is trying to hide this case for benefit of any kind of professional, up-scale image.

IMO, the so completely UN-reserved tactics seem unnecessary at best and counter-productive at worst. They may, however, be creating a nice diversion for LE while they work behind the scenes to try to solve the case. I've wondered this from time to time, if that could be why they haven't done more to stop some of the media games.

I've been wondering where Arlene was and what she was doing when she got that text telling her to stop, that she was interfering. I'm thinking of the childhood game of hot/cold. Maybe officials ignore her activities when she is "cold," but react when she's getting "hot"?

I sure hope this is a universal game, so you know what I'm talking about....

@calliestarnes Callie Starnes
Investigators close to case say there's a 50/50 chance Palmgren is alive. The key is finding her vehicle.
May 24, 2011

http://twitter.com/calliestarnes/statuses/73018525790380032

Hope is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul,
And sings the tune - without the words,
And never stops at all,

And sweetest in the gale is heard;
And sore must be the storm
That could abash the little bird
That kept so many warm.

I've heard it in the chillest land,
And on the strangest sea;
Yet, never, in extremity,
It asked a crumb of me.

Emily Dickinson

I had made this candle lighting group for Gail. It's named GailP.
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=GailP

To all of you who know Gail who are posting here, I am so sorry for what you are going through.

I've been wondering where Arlene was and what she was doing when she got that text telling her to stop, that she was interfering. I'm thinking of the childhood game of hot/cold. Maybe officials ignore her activities when she is "cold," but react when she's getting "hot"?

I sure hope this is a universal game, so you know what I'm talking about....

I am very suspicious that the text AD received came from LE. First of all, do the police routinely text someone in an important matter, such as this? If a member of LE believes that a person is interfering in an investigation to the point of loosely threatening to have them arrested, would they text that? I would think that their first choice would be a face to face meeting and if the person was not available for that, they would call, at least. I imagine they would want to properly identify themselves and make their point very clear. I believe even if they didn't get an answer, they would leave a message and ask for a call back. I am pretty sure that if AD received a VM message asking her to call LE, she would do that very quickly. I have also seen many "anonymous" people out there with fake profiles and let's just say, sensitive to the innocence of MP, making very harsh and threatening statements online directed at AD and others in the community that are asking questions and trying to help. In my opinion, it is more likely one of these persons sent that text. Has a member of LE admitted to sending that text?

Believe me, all of us who have known her since childhood have been beating the bushes trying to think of someone she could be hiding with, but haven't been able to come up with that one person. Unless of course, that one person would of course not tell us either . . .

That's what I have been thinking about for the better part of the night/morning. IF she were really upset and paranoid (and by saying that, I don't mean totally out of her head crazy, but scared, paranoid, worried - there is a huge difference there), chances are that she would not want to go to go where everyone would know to look. I wouldn't! I would go to that one place or one friend that no one would think to check with. Maybe the one person she knew who didn't have a computer (an older person maybe) or the one place she had been where no one even knew she had been (childhood vacation spot or something similar)

Could it be that she had the argument with MP on Friday (still appeared and felt ok, explaining why the police and MP were ok with her taking the kids to the lake) then got there and started thinking about it and became increasingly upset. (It is my understanding that paranoia and depression,etc can come and go depending on the situation) After sitting awake reliving the past 12 hours and getting increasingly upset, she noticed a strange car or person, etc and it set her off. She grabbed the kids and hit the road to the one place that everyone pretty much thinks as safe, home. As she is going, she makes calls to DN, etc and these calls with the already agitated state and the tension of facing Matt in the next few hours keeps the stress building. She gets home and realizes that if she is being followed (wheather for real or only in her mind) being at the house with the children puts them in danger too. She knows Matt is due home, so feels that leaving the kids there and taking herself elsewhere is the best for them. (I know that if someone were after me-or I even thought they were, I would be dropping my kids with someone or somewhere that I could know they were safe. I would die for my kids, without blinking, but if I was the target, I would not want them within a hundred miles of me)

Then, if she was afraid her phone was being track she could have tossed it as she drove away. SM is located very centrally, so within a few minutes she could have been on an interstate heading in any number of directions.

Everyone has made continuous comment about Matt waiting 48 hours to report her missing... how long would most people wait? Seriously, not defending him, but I wonder. Would it usually be that evening when she didn't come home? That's what I would think, so by that time if she left around noon, she could have had 6-8 hours to go pretty much any direction. That could get you a long way. As has been wondered previously, I would think since she was making plans and preparing for divorce, she had secretly stashed money somewhere, again, I would have done so. So, maybe she does have money to go on. And finally, like I stated earlier, I would not go into the woods or anything like that, but I would go for the last place that anyone would think to look. (for me personally it would be a little elderly lady I know who lives on a small family farm in a rural area and has not cable tv and no computer) If she has a friend like this, maybe they don't really know if she is having mental issues, just accepts that she is in need of help and willing to give it.

So, it's just bothering me so much, and this is what I thought about all night. It's another possiblity...and another that results in her being ok.

Has a member of LE admitted to sending that text?

Not that I know of, and I initially doubted it was really from LE too. Since then, however, I have read various statements and details in various places, which made me believe the text was "for real." Nothing I read was OFFICIAL, however, and in fact would have to be in the "rumor" bucket. So, LE may very well have had nothing to do with that text.

Not that I know of, and I initially doubted it was really from LE too. Since then, however, I have read various statements and details in various places, which made me believe the text was "for real." Nothing I read was OFFICIAL, however, and in fact would have to be in the "rumor" bucket. So, LE may very well have had nothing to do with that text.

Didn't someone on here (in thread 6) say that it was real, and followed up by a phone call from the detective himself? I think I read that. Just thinking it could have been Sleuthy1, not sure, but I think it was.

Well, if LE did send that text, it is very troubling and disappointing. It is unprofessional, in my opinion, too. It concerns me how this case is being investigated. By the way, that reminds me of a previous thread in which there was discussion about whether or not the TBI or FBI are involved in the case. My question: would it be normal for that not to be publicly announced? I have never heard of that. They are very openly involved in the Holly Bobo and Shelley Mook cases, also here in TN. Why would they keep that a secret? I don't understand that.

COnfused..I think you answered the question I have of why would Gale just leave her kids..as you stated "if I was the target I would not want my them(kids) within 100 miles of me."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?