2011.06.25 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Twenty-eight)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

Well, here's a theory. What if Baez knew the testimony Cindy and Lee gave was not true and he put them on the stand knowing it was lies. That is a big NO NO. Mason might have found out and said I will not be a part of this. It's one thing to know what a witness will say on the stand and have them testify but not know it is not true. It's quite a different and severely legal issue for an attorney to put a witness on the stand full well knowing that their testimony is a lie.

All just my speculation and opinion

That, or something similar is actually a good speculation on what could cause something like this. if one DT attorney encounters a major ethical violation of the other that probably would become a sealed issue of law once trial has started? y/n? With the specter of mistrial out there. Yeah that would be a HUGE deal.

What would happen in a case like that? That would almost have to be a mistrial wouldn't it? Otherwise how would that not impact on the jury?

In some ways it might be for the best for all involved if it is the case that CM is accusing JB of an act of misconduct. JB dropped. Mistrial declared. CM one way or another still in play finally has that "come to Jesus" discussion with CA and the A's. Gets a plea deal done, LWOP no DP everyone goes home and the circus leaves town. It has a win for all. SA has a conviction, CM and DS have a save from the DP, and ICA is still breathing.

But I'm probably just fantasizing here. (note pure speculation on my part. But I am getting the impression that this is fighting within the DT and not DT vs SA.)

Piptone tweeted that CM was yelling at Baez and KC. Piptone also said he couldn't hear what was being said.

Piptone was not in that room. How does he know who was getting yelled at? Taking that particular tweet with a grain of salt. JMHO.

Actually Kathie B was the first to tweet that she could hear that

CFNews13Casey

Jeff Ashton says this deposition has NOTHING to do with today's unexpected ending. #CaseyAnthony -jfell
2 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

But Mr. Baez was back in the courtroom to agree they dismiss for the day. I don't think Mr. Mason came back in after the closed-door meeting.

I think Mr. Mason finally got caught in the vortex.

" Ah say boy, Ah say, I kint have mah car-reeeer ruined over this here wiley coyote and his antics! " :floorlaugh:

OK everyone please take a deep breath. We as moderators have worked long hours to keep these threads moving and to make it a more enjoyable place for posting.

Today we are frustrated as posters because trial was postponed. The name calling, the avatars and signatures that do not meet TOS, the bashing needs to end now. Warnings are over!!!!!!!

We have 2 days of no trial. Don't let your frustration get the best of you! When trial starts up again Monday if you wish to participate, get a check on your postings. Read the rules. Remove the avatars or signatures that bash any player. Follow the rules.

Thanks.

Did Kc come into court all chatty this morning?

MarkNeJame

#JeffAshton just went to a deposition. Means case is still going on... = no plea. Ct. Reporter left means no jury tampering. #caseyanthony
7 minutes ago via web

After both Cindy and Lee says there is a stain that was already in the trunk when they bought it, do you think in the rebuttal they will bring in the person who had the car before them to explain the stains?
I don't think so, but didn't CA and LA only point out a few stains not the one where they found decomp?

If the parent of the child whose picture that is, somebody Cindy babysits or a relative? saw that photo on TV during the proceedings and head CA testify that it was Caylee, called in to report it to LE....that would be a separate legal matter. Not only is that child too tall, but her hair appears to be dark brown IMO.

I remember watching a special on the Anthony's and it showed a little girl playing in Caylee's room with her toys. This is a little girl that Cindy was babysitting on a refgular basis.

Does anyone remember that?

In the restroom? When did LA say that? I didn't hear him say that. The past couple of days there has been some crazy stuff going around. I sure am glad I'm watching this trial for myself.

He testified to it it his cross by JA.

Yes, I'd imagine so. Unless they don't/didn't know at the time. It would take someone who saw the original(s) to come forward with the truth, I'd think. IDK JMO

I thought the same thing. But surely if the pic were photoshopped the state would have been all over that, don't you think? :waitasec:

Casey had a meeting with her legal team this morning in her holding area. She comes out and is crying....... they go into judge's chambers. Then she comes out goes back to holding area. Lawyers are paired up. Mason and Baez look like they are in each other's face. LDB and JA are stifling laughs in one of the shots provided by a poster. Then they go back to judge's chambers and court is adjourned for the day. This has to to with the DT. MOO

Maybe KC confessed and sent a letter out to George to tell him she did. Or perhaps SHE sent a letter to George asking him to lie for her and the state found out that is witness tampering, and would explain george crying and holding papers.

Mo

According to JVM, ICA had been crying in the courtroom earlier today!

HLN showing DT team coming out of court house. Such a smirk on JB face.

Guys, if today's broohaha was because of Ashton withholding something, not only would Baez have been smirking after recess, but Ashton wouldn't be on his way right now to depose Dr Furton.

I've no idea what it's about, but my money is on KC, from the way she was carrying on, and reports that Mason was yelling at her and Baez behind closed doors.

IIRC, this morning Perry stated that he couldn't rule on the SA's accusations that Baez did another evidence violation. He would have to take time to do that at another time.

As for Ashton withholding something (there was an spat between Baez and Ashton) where Baez said he was going to filea motion against the SA, IIRC Perry said well okay we can do that before court or after court. He followed up by saying that any motion can be presented to the court deputy at 8:30 AM but court was in recess until 9:00 AM today. So Perry pretty much said that matter would be taken care of outside trial time.

IIRC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member