2011.06.28 Sidebar Thread (Trial Day Thirty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm loving the guard now stationed behind ICA, this girl seriously was getting away with too much at the defense table, she is reading everyone's pc's and texting which should be a big no no.
She should count her blessing that HHJP allows her to come in unshackled.

The screens that she is reading have the text on what is being said in court. And during sidebars, she can also read what is being transcribed, she can but we can't.

After one of the sidebars at the end of the day (not sure which day), the deputy with blond ponytail was called to the sidebar and informed of something. From then on, it seemed she was watched more closely. But since then she has been more obstinant about leaving at noon and close of the presentation as the judge says. I think the security there is very good, the only protection she needs is from herself.

Not directed at you Jharres, but your post reminded me.

I have no love for George at all. But here is a man whose grand daughter was killed by his daughter, who talked to the LE almost from Day one, testified for the Grand Jury, who has had every aspect of his life examined by the media.

He didn't want to believe ICA killed Caylee, even though his cop side of him said yes, so picture the conflict this must have caused him.

Then just before the beginning of the trial, he learns that his only daughter has accused him of sexual abuse when she was a child, which makes him a pedophile, and continued to abuse her through her teen years. Plus he also learns he is accused of being the one who found Caylee drowned in the pool, somehow was involved in applying the duct tape and sticking it in garbage bags, leaving it in the trunk of ICA's car to decompose, and then somehow arranging for Kronk to steal the body, store it and then scatter the remains around off of Suburban Drive.

None of these accusations are a secret, they have been broadcast daily to almost the entire world. And he has to get up on the stand, face Baez, and defend himself against these charges in a court of law.

He watched Baez twist evidence and he knows Baez lies. And we wonder why he is guarded and maybe "hinky" in his answers? He's controlling feelings of shame, anger, and terrible sorrow at ICA for making these claims and we worry about him being guarded. I picture it if it was happening to me....
and don't have trouble with him coming off as odd...

And maybe why George answer the affair question today by adding "that's very funny", as if to say, geesh, what else can you come up with about me Baez? Unbelievable!

Her eyes are following LDB ... looks to me like she's mad at her, not her attorney. She's complaining (maniacally, I might add) to her attorney. MOO

Thank you dear. You don't happen to know what transpired at that moment that made her so mad at LDB? (besides LDB being on Caylee's side?)

I'm really surprised the defense didn't drag in GA's attempted suicide and try to make it look like he was overcome with guilt.

I think maybe they still will. Apparently all 3 of the Ant's are coming back one more time before the DT rests. So they will probably make one last ditch effort to hit them all with the lowest blows they can. Buckle up.

I keep wondering how many times Caylee came close to losing her life during the 2 years 10 months that she lived.:maddening:

No water pipes in the bathroom ? The yard wouldnt have anything to do with leaking into the bedroom.

No, I mean I thought the letter said the water pipe from OUTSIDE had leaked into one of the bedrooms, where there are no pipes out there to have leaked. I really don't know though. Can't remember the letter but think it was spring of 2010.

I am just so dang confused.....but I think that is what the DT wants....??

I know! I can't stop thinking about how confusing it must be for a juror, not knowing the additional info that we do-- but then again, maybe it's more straightforward that way... Who knows :waitasec:

I keep wondering how many times Caylee came close to losing her life during the 2 years 10 months that she lived.:maddening:

I bet KC felt like she had the right to..took the old "I brought you into this world, I can take you out" phrase far too seriously. After all, she was HER child - how could she have any other rights outside of what her <mod snip> deems for her? JMO.

Oh oh - Dr. Drew is on and I think that's my cue to get up, turn of the TV, unfortunately give up WS for the day and do the four hours work tonight that I didn't get done while I was listening to (Grrrrrr) CM bully Mr. Kronk all day.

Have a good evening everyone!

unless clearly admissable under an exception ot the FL hearsay rules. It is without a doubt hearsay under the FL statute:

Hearsay is defined in Florida as “a statement, other than one made by the declarant while testifying at the trial or hearing, offered in evidence to prove the truth of the matter asserted.” [FL Stat 90.801(c)].

I don't see a relevant exception. If the defendant wants this testimony in she has testify herself. Hearsay is prohibited because, among other things, it does not permit cross examination and I would suggest here that is especially important given the established facility of the defendant with lying. To allow hearsay about alleged abuse to be offered for the truth of the statements would be, in my opinion, a serious error.

I am thinking that maybe the judge should allow it in. Number one, it could come back as a big issue during the Appeals Process if he denies it. The DT could argue that they were denied the chance to argue her defense effectively.

But even if it is allowed, it does not mean she isn't guilty of the crime. And it doesn't mean that what she told JG is even true.

She lied to JG, telling him he was the father of the child. She lied to him about a million things. And think about it---if she didn't want LEE around Caylee because of the abuse then why did she let her father babysit her alone?

I think the reason she wanted to keep Lee away from her friends is because of all of her various lies. imoo

I'm not so sure the JG testimony comes in and I don't think it should. They could wait and see if Casey testifies and bring him back on after her to back up her statements. That is a way they could get it in if told no tomorrow.

I'd bet money we see George, Cindy and Lee on the stand 3 more x before this is over.

at least TWICE....:banghead:

Oh oh - Dr. Drew is on and I think that's my cue to get up, turn of the TV, unfortunately give up WS for the day and do the four hours work tonight that I didn't get done while I was listening to (Grrrrrr) CM bully Mr. Kronk all day.

but but..its Vinnie..:rocker:

:waitasec:
Okay,now I'm confused. I thought Lee said when he learned CA sent DC to look for Caylee's body , and not a live Caylee, he became disgusted and it prompted him to go back to work .He said it was in Oct.

Are we talking about something else?

if you remember the cross the SA caught him in that lie, he said it prompted him to go back to work in Oct, but the argument happened after..... THE SA said, you decided to go back to work because of that argument, but you decided that before the argument happened. No further questions your honor:floorlaugh:

I seriously don't understand what the DT was doing... to me their whole case has backfired.

LOL...I was just thinking, This sucks! I've got to watch the trial starting at 5:30 a, (just in case the DT actually manages to get their motions in on time) until whatever time they stop. Spend a couple hours catching up here. Then spend the whole night cleaning the house. Boy, I bet my kids will be GLAD when this trial is over.:loser:

Perhaps ICA's newly appointed guard is there b/c at any moment she may take the stand and needs to have this "protection"?

He just lied on the stand according to his deposition or he got into his mom's stash of her super memory drug.

In his deposition he never says Cindy sent Dominic out to the woods and he does not know the date he learned it other then it was after the search happened which is a duh........

Page 349 of his deposition he talks about learning Dominic had gone to the woods.

depo dated july 30 2009

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/21310241/detail.html

They didn't ask him if CA sent DC. That question is not raised at all.
LA says that CA comments that it is weird that "we that we just got this other one, (meaning the psychic tip) and Dominic already checked it out.
This sounds to me just the same as what he testified to today. He was upset at being out of the loop again, as the A's had been insisting they were only looking for a live Caylee.
jmo:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member