Who is Matthew Bartlett and why the middle finger sign?

After reading some of these posts it makes more sense. He probably did what most Americans do, talked too much, tried to be too cooperative after getting busted. Instead of playing hardball legally.

And if that is him in the 3 mug shots,he should know better.

The outcome would be the same. Even if he had not talked, he flipped the bird right into the camera and grinned.

Fox News is reporting that he was there with his fiance and 2 co-workers. Fiance was sitting beside him. Says the guy is pro ICA and thinks JA is too hard on her and her defense team.

After reading some of these posts it makes more sense. He probably did what most Americans do, talked too much, tried to be too cooperative after getting busted. Instead of playing hardball legally.
And that pesky gesture that landed him in contempt of Court. The rules are posted for everyone to see.

Perhaps he should have cooperated by not breaking the law. That might have served him better.

OOps, I just deleted my Original post, because I didn't think it was him. The guy in the mug shots from Palm Beach looks a bit different, less cleaned up, but anyway, if you do a google images search of his name, you'll see the 4 mug shots, & can decide for yourself. HHJP would likely not be too happy with him if it is the same man.

It could explain why he was in a Courthouse in a shirt and tie.

Regarding what I bolded above, he said he was able to pay the fine right now, implying in full.

The only way he could have paid in full was w/ a credit card...or maybe his parents or friends? He said he only had about $112 bucks (or so) in the bank. Or maybe he has a bunch of cash under his mattress?

LongtimeMedic - I've enjoyed your posts tremendously. Maybe one day you'll share your story :)

Hugs,

Mel

Thanks, but you'd laugh if you knew how close I came to getting arrested for contempt while standing behind a dumpster with a dead homeless man and an ME... all because I informed the ME he couldn't have a Pt. Report without a subpoena. Major mistake on my part... he merely filled in the blanks, signed it, and shoved it in my shirt pocket as he held out his hand for the report. Didn't make that mistake ever again. :doh:

I have a big problem with what I bolded. The guy is a <modsnip>, no doubt, but as a citizen this happened too fast, especially for a poor person working a crap job. He probably can't afford a good lawyer. He was basically helpless. I'm just wondering about the legalities. I will look for the lawyer thread, but like most things here it's probably incredibly long. So if you can offer some suggestions on what page to start on, i'd be grateful.

he was helpless? well too bad so sad. what business did he have sitting in on that trial and deliberately ignoring the rules of the court? yes he's a <modsnip> no doubt but i bet he learned a very big lesson very quickly today.

He had the gall to flagrantly ignore the rules of the Court - during a murder trial no less.

Helpless my *advertiser censored**.

He may get more since he not only flipped,he fibbed .

Yeah, I would say if he lied about his arrest record he is in much bigger trouble. Maybe this should be on some stupid criminals list. Like the bank robber who uses his/her own deposit slip for the holdup note.

Let's see, the Judge has fined/jailed several people since jury selection began.

1) He fined one potential juror for chatting with a media guy asking how he could get out of jury duty.

2) The screaming shoe lady was jailed for her outburst. Can't remember if she was fined.

3) Some guy was fined one or two days ago for posters or something outside of court.

4) Spectator fined and jailed for giving "middle finger affection" to JA.

Fox News is reporting that he was there with his fiance and 2 co-workers. Fiance was sitting beside him. Says the guy is pro ICA and thinks JA is too hard on her and her defense team.

If I was his fiance, I would RUN if he is pro-Casey!

Oh boo hoo! Let's not be so hard on the <modsnip> who dumped her little girl like trash then rented some movies. I mean, she's just so <modsnip>!

His bday is July 4th, he'll be spending it in jail, booking photo:

image.asp

I agree with you 100%, on the first part, disagree on the second. Baez has a lot more on his mind than trying for a mistrial by placing a plant in the courtroom.

He's a post-adolescent red-blooded American male who is a server at TGIFriday's. He knew the camera was on him, and he thought it would be cool to flash his friends who might be watching. I don't think it had anything to do with JA.

He could have been a "plant" to try and cause a mistrial but that is not as likely, though I wouldn't put it past Baez to try it.

True. But when he asked for an appeal, doesn't the judge have to determine if he is eligible for a court-appointed-attorney regardless of the time sentenced? Then that attorney can argue in front of JP? I'm not sure, but perhaps JP could have asked "can you afford an attorney"? Now we all know what he makes and where he works, or worked!

Though, like the shoe lady, I'm sure he will be out in no time ;) She was only in jail long enough to be processed (12 hours).

Egads!

Mel

I think they should put Shoe Lady and Bird Guy in the same cell for a week and have them work it out together.

LOL!!!! I don't think it was intended for anyone per se...more of look what I just did in the camera....kind of like when a naked person runs across a live major league baseball field nude...JMHO

ITA..I think it was just his way of steaking! He admits it was a stupid thing to do and kids need to suffer the consequences of their stupidity!!

Are you proud of little Matthew Mr and Mrs Bartlett?

Lindsay got away with having the actual verbiage painted on her fingernail when she did it... this kid just forgot he wasn't a celeb. :loser: moo

Just how far back do you consider "back in the day"? The theory and practice of contemp of court goes all the way back to the time of ancient Roman law.

We don't seem to have QUITE as many of those "rights" as we did back in the day. Just sayin'.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back