Who is Matthew Bartlett and why the middle finger sign?

BOTTOM LINE :

IT IS A COURT ROOM .... NOT A BAR ROOM !

:cow::cow::cow:

He probably told a friend he would do it as a prank. He deserved what he got. But if the first woman who committed contempt during jury selection would have been sentenced properly (like a real sentence) this wouldn't have happened. I know she wasn't responsible cause she took medication but forgot that day. Please. She should at least be given what this guy got. I believe this judge is serious but he didn't show it then and now this happens.

I have a 25 year old son who lives on his own, has a job and is respectful to others. I called him shortly after this happened and asked him what he was doing and his response was "not flipping off the prosecutor" - lol. Then my daughter sent me the video from the courtroom because all I saw was the contempt hearing and her reference line read "no birdie in Belvin's house". Just a little levity.

More seriously - I am glad this young man got swift justice. LP told VP earlier, if it had been his son, he would have wanted him to get 6 months. The guy was wrong and he will pay. Add him to the long list of people adversely effected by being around ICA.

A 28 yr old is no kid. This is blatant BS! Period! He got caught! Saying "I'm sorry", is sooo old. Too bad soo sad. Suffer the consequence! I have ZERO sympathy!

Last month I was very also apologetic with a state trooper. He seemed to appreciate my apology, and was very friendly, even politely warning me of an approaching speed trap that lay ahead.

None of this deterred him, however, from issuing me a $130.00 speeding ticket. Without a good excuse, an apology won't go far.

:sigh:

I think they should put Shoe Lady and Bird Guy in the same cell for a week and have them work it out together.

I missed the first few days so can someone tell me who the shoe lady is? Also what about the woman who yelled something in court the first day? And then someone was handing something out yesterday I think?

Catch me up if you can, please.

I think the judge did what he needed to do. I hope he also takes care of anyone who commits purgery while in his courtroom ;)

At 28 I had been married for five years and had two children. I daresay I was not a "kid" at that age, nor is this man. He is an adult, who made a poor and juvenile choice. He knew the rules, he broke them, he gets the consequences. I don't feel bad for him in any way.

So, he is going to have a record and all? They did the whole finger print and hand cuff thing?

ICA looked like she was going to cry during all of this. Anyone else notice this?

I missed how HHJP found out about this event -did he witness it himself or did the camera guy see him and notify him or what?

TIA,

ICA looked like she was going to cry during all of this. Anyone else notice this?

I think that she thought, since this guy says that he is doing this towards JA, then he is on her side. I believe, she only cries for herself.

A 28 yr old is no kid. This is blatant BS! Period! He got caught! Saying "I'm sorry", is sooo old. Too bad soo sad. Suffer the consequence! I have ZERO sympathy!

Exactly! I just turned 27 and am currently pregnant with my FOURTH child. 28 years old is a full fledged adult and as a citizen of this country ignorance of the law is simply not an excuse.

I find it mind boggling that some posters have stated that we don't have as many rights as we used to as if this is some sort of infringement on we the people. :banghead:

In front of the judge, the guy wouldn't even admit to what inspired him to do it. (Wasn't the jury instructed today that if they don't believe something that a witness says, they can strike their entire testimony?)

I was surprised when I saw the video of him giving the finger. It was far more subtle than what I had been expecting to see.

There are those who might claim that when the bird is properly flipped, it qualifies as assault.

Anyone who attends HHJP's courtroom and is misguided enough to think they can act like they're viewing a rerun of some reality program deserves whatever punishment HHJP chooses to hand out. HHJP's highest priority is to ensure that any defendant's fight for their right to life is not jeopardized by wrongful words or deeds. His vigilance has to include not only the legal statutes but the conduct of the witnesses, the attorneys, the spectators and the jury. He is authorized swift justice as a cure to remain in control of his courtroom. If he were denied that, he would have the responsibility without authority. If we can give him confidence to judge over life and death struggles in court, I feel confident that he will not take advantage of a disrespectful young man who flips the bird for whatever ill begotten reason.

LOL, it cracks me up to think that anyone would criticize HHJP rather than the flipper. moo.

I'm not talking about whether it's fair or I guess I am wondering how someone with some legal savvy would have gotten out of it.

Someone with some legal savvy...and an iota of common sense...would have gotten out of it by not doing something so assinine in the first place, imo.

Watching this video makes me think he just did it for the camera. 28 years old. That seems more like something a 13 or 14 year old would do.

By the way, that looked pretty similar to ICA giving the finger. Someone had put that video or a link up here.

This little <modsnip> has probably bullied, taunted, or mocked people for years and has finally come up against someone in authority bigger than he is. 28 years old and a perpetual adolescent.

The Courtroom belongs to the Judge. Period. If there is one thing I learned in EMS, never jack with a Judge, an ME or any member of the Medical Examiner's Office.

Most people don't know this, but when an ME or one or more of their representatives is at a death scene, they are functioning in the capacity of a "Magistrate Of The Court", and while they are on scene, it is as if court is in session. They can have you arrested for contempt on the spot, and they can also serve you a hand written subpoena (most carry a pre-printed pad of them) in the blink of an eye. I found out by trial and error. :innocent:

NOW the secret is OUT!:rocker:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee
Back